Get wrekt blink burn guards !

Justine.6351

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> Guardian

> Judge's Intervention: Burning stacks inflicted have been adjusted from 3 stacks for 3 seconds to 1 stack for 8 seconds.

> Purging Flames: Burning has been adjusted from 3 stacks for 5 seconds to 2 stacks for 8 seconds.

>

> No more random noob 3k aoe burn tics.

Man you are like 3 year behind the meta. Burn guardian has been a thing in ages in PvP. These changes are purely PvE, and will not matter much, since the neither ToJ or torch were touched.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > Guardian

> > Judge's Intervention: Burning stacks inflicted have been adjusted from 3 stacks for 3 seconds to 1 stack for 8 seconds.

> > Purging Flames: Burning has been adjusted from 3 stacks for 5 seconds to 2 stacks for 8 seconds.

> >

> > No more random noob 3k aoe burn tics.

>

> Man you are like 3 year behind the meta. Burn guardian has been a thing in ages in PvP. These changes are purely PvE, and will not matter much, since the neither ToJ or torch were touched.

Um you can dodge those without having to guess it.

If you have problems to fight random casual burn guardians in the actual meta... there's something really wrong in your build or playstyle...

One or two condi clean or a single resistance buff will grant you enough abilities to kill any burn guardian in this game. Actually it's one of the worst build you can play.

Easy to counter, easy to kill, what's the problem with all that? You clean the first (and maybe only) condi burst with a single condi clean skill and then the guardian damage is reduced by 80% until he obtain his burst back.

You can liteally Jump torch skill 5, that show how bad is that weapon design and how easy is counter that builds.

Anyway, if a FB want to spam burn he can still do that, only a little harder with that two skills nerfed, but nothing more.

And cheer ANet when they nerf useless builds instead fix real problems is one of the big problems of this community.

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> Guardian

> Judge's Intervention: Burning stacks inflicted have been adjusted from 3 stacks for 3 seconds to 1 stack for 8 seconds.

> Purging Flames: Burning has been adjusted from 3 stacks for 5 seconds to 2 stacks for 8 seconds.

>

I cant counter something so i call people who use it noobs. -pvp player

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> Guardian

>

Boohoo. Calling your post pathetic would be an understatement /facepalm.

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> Guardian

>

Was this really a thing? I went to plat and I don't think I ever saw anyone run this.

> @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > Guardian

> > Judge's Intervention: Burning stacks inflicted have been adjusted from 3 stacks for 3 seconds to 1 stack for 8 seconds.

> > Purging Flames: Burning has been adjusted from 3 stacks for 5 seconds to 2 stacks for 8 seconds.

> >

>

> Was this really a thing? I went to plat and I don't think I ever saw anyone run this.

I do .

Hats of to Justine.6351, you are the first person to jump on the forums and start the "Get Wrekt Guardians thread". To bad you just wasted your time when people honestly new that ANET would tone down some of the burst on all condi class builds. This was ANETs effort to try and align it to their game damage ideology for PvP and PvE. Case and point why the Scourge spec was taken off quanTifys web site for PvE builds and was the joke of hey every ones a Scourge last PvP season. I sincerely hope from this patch on you don't die from the 2k noob aoe random burns that you'll fall into.

> @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > Guardian

> >

>

> Was this really a thing? I went to plat and I don't think I ever saw anyone run this.

It hasn't been a thing in a LOOONG time, if the OP is dying to this they've either got a time machine or they're not running any cleanse or resistance skills. Honestly burn guards are a joke and if you see one they're basically a free kill.

To the OP in the words of the prophet DJ Khaled, "Congratulations, you played yourself"

No power guardian should ever lost to a burn guard... the nerf to burns in general just put extra nails in an already buried coffin.

*"Quickfire: Fixed a bug that allowed for multiple applications of Ashes of the Just while this trait should have been on cooldown."*

* I find it hilarious that Anet nerfs the crap out of something, only to discover there were several unfixed bugs on the *Ashes of the Just* mechanics to begin with... they fix the bugs after 2 nerfs and now it's way over nerfed. Holy cow.

> @"Saiyan.1704" said:

> No power guardian should ever lost to a burn guard... the nerf to burns in general just put extra nails in an already buried coffin.

>

> *"Quickfire: Fixed a bug that allowed for multiple applications of Ashes of the Just while this trait should have been on cooldown."*

>

> * I find it hilarious that Anet nerfs the crap out of something, only to discover there were several unfixed bugs on the *Ashes of the Just* mechanics to begin with... they fix the bugs after 2 nerfs and now it's way over nerfed. Holy cow.

Clearly Quickfire isn't intended to be an actual trait, but a black hole of nerfs obstructing some actually useful, but unselectable trait.

> @"GottFaust.5297" said:

> > @"Saiyan.1704" said:

> > No power guardian should ever lost to a burn guard... the nerf to burns in general just put extra nails in an already buried coffin.

> >

> > *"Quickfire: Fixed a bug that allowed for multiple applications of Ashes of the Just while this trait should have been on cooldown."*

> >

> > * I find it hilarious that Anet nerfs the crap out of something, only to discover there were several unfixed bugs on the *Ashes of the Just* mechanics to begin with... they fix the bugs after 2 nerfs and now it's way over nerfed. Holy cow.

>

> Clearly Quickfire isn't intended to be an actual trait, but a black hole of nerfs obstructing some actually useful, but unselectable trait.

They need to replace Quickfire with something else. Now this trait is just worthless just like Stoic Demeanor.

I'm not saying firebrand is weak in any PvP mode, but the damage was already clearly on the weak side even before the nerf. Obvious, painfully long casts for skills doing a bit of damage, while others do close to nothing, and on an atrociously long 20s meta cooldown. If you want the really strong version of dps guardian, look no further than dragonhunter. ;) Or compare firebrand to scourge lol, instant casts, all of the condis in the world, extremely short cooldowns and massive damage while remaining mostly insensitive to condis. Here's the obvious target for a nerf, yet, the devs went after guardians lol.

Burnguard was never tough to fight 1v1 but when they jump at you from out of nowhere, and you suddenly have 10+ burn stacks, and you don't notice their presence immediately because of all the visual clutter of a teamfight? That's when they get you.

I might even pick up a burnguard to bust some Firebrands now.

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> Burnguard was never tough to fight 1v1 but when they jump at you from out of nowhere, and you suddenly have 10+ burn stacks, and you don't notice their presence immediately because of all the visual clutter of a teamfight? That's when they get you.

>

> I might even pick up a burnguard to bust some Firebrands now.

it was always a builds that leech from players already in combat and loosing... they would probably die in the next 5seconds..

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> Burnguard was never tough to fight 1v1 but when they jump at you from out of nowhere, and you suddenly have 10+ burn stacks, and you don't notice their presence immediately because of all the visual clutter of a teamfight? That's when they get you.

>

If you or your team was losing or stalemating in the middle of a fight while outnumbering the burn guard's team, you were gonna to die regardless if that "suddenly being jumped" player was a burn guard, a thief, or even a hammer rev.

If the burn guard was just chilling on the ledge waiting to unload his burst while the rest of his team is fighting 3v4 or 2v3 in mid, his team should be losing pretty badly.

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

>

Well, pre-HoT i played a lot of burn guard. And 6k+ damage per burn tick was a death sentence to anyone i attacked. Sometimes i'd just unload and move on watching them die on the mini-map.

I was actually hoping to revive my build with Firebrand because more burning stacks form axe and stuff... But well scourge is way more fun, and there's too many cleanses now.