Why take unnecessary risks in winter wonderland?

I see people doing stuff like rushing to the snowboulder part so they can skip one of the waiting segments and I just don't get it, yeah you skipped something but with the way the jp is set up you're NEVER gaining anything and you're increasing your chances of wasting time on a lost run. Every single time I've seen someone do this they either succeed and they're still waiting at the start when I get through or they (and this is the more common one) get knocked down right at the end.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> Because it's fun and challenging.

> I don't really care about the loot, Since Unlike most of the players i am not there in order to farm.

I'm with you! I love to leave the side positions before the snowball is fully gone, to test where is the limit (try it, it is possible to leave pretty early) and I also like to tentatively skip waiting positions, what works once in awhile, just for the fun of it. I don't care to have to restart. I am not there to farm either. I just love jumping and testing. I also do love to skip snowflakes on the first part of the path. Many are possible. All those unnecessary risks are for the fun. :)

If you can pull it off and get through the jp quicker than normal, the seconds really can add up for more attempts!

so, great if you want to make money quicker or if you just wanna try get a high score ;P

and the more often you attempt and succeed/fail at it, the better and more consistent you can become

but yeah, as has already been said, it can just be fun for some people (like me~) anyway. And also I for one can have a short attention span and it actually helps me focus when taking risks where I have to be extra careful/precise

If I take risks and die, it's likely because I'm practicing for a smoother (and faster) run. Sometimes this works out, sometimes it takes a bit of practice, and sometimes the things I come up with are outright silly - but I've developed my own run, and I feel I can now outpace most people who happen by the hard path.

• 1 year later...

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> Because it's fun and challenging.

> I don't really care about the loot, Since Unlike most of the players i am not there in order to farm.

I do it for basically the same reasons. I try dodge jumping at different parts to skip a few snowflakes and a couple of mints. I've been into speedrunning more often and I'm interested in seeing how quickly I can get through the first section.