German servers on WvW

IceTcK.4358

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Seductive.5741" said:

> German Servers hate each other more than anything else, they will never do an alliance.

From the looks of it, we're up against 2 atm. and they look like they love each other far too much working together against us on many occasions. There doesn't have to be an alliance per se, but since they are of the same nation......... well, from the looks of it, it comes quite natural for them to work with-, not against each other.

I don't get it why this comes up from time to time. There is no reason for national servers to form some kind of lasting alliance. If you see two servers working in concert in WvW it's always because it is beneficial for the moment, eg. to reset a t3 structure etc. All servers do this from time to time (if they think strategically), in fact that is the reason why Anet implemented a 3-party system in WvW. Sadly, the two stronger server will sometimes prey on the weakest with this system. That has nothing to do with nationalities though, but simply with taking the line of least resistance.

If you are into football (the football which some poor, misguided souls call soccer) you'll know that the most bitter rivalries exist between clubs of the same nationality and close geographic proximity of each other: Inter vs. Milan, Arsenal vs. Tottenham, Dortmund vs. Schalke etc. ;)

> @"Lemoncurry.2345" said:

> I don't get it why this comes up from time to time. There is no reason for national servers to form some kind of lasting alliance. If you see two servers working in concert in WvW it's always because it is beneficial for the moment, eg. to reset a t3 structure etc. All servers do this from time to time (if they think strategically), in fact that is the reason why Anet implemented a 3-party system in WvW. Sadly, the two stronger server will sometimes prey on the weakest with this system. That has nothing to do with nationalities though, but simply with taking the line of least resistance.

>

> If you are into football (the football which some poor, misguided souls call soccer) you'll know that the most bitter rivalries exist between clubs of the same nationality and close geographic proximity of each other: Inter vs. Milan, Arsenal vs. Tottenham, Dortmund vs. Schalke etc. ;)

>

This !! .. i´m on Riverside and i often see -like i already said- the 2 other teams in our matchup pushing on us for sure bcz of like Lemon said taking the line of least resistance i don´t think that any servers are doing alliances neither DE nor EU .. i do remember once there was an EU server which asked to double push some t3 objects of the 3rd one (in that case dominating the mu bcz of offtime activity greetz to BB ;) ) and our lead decided to do so for a couple of hours for the laughs .. but further alliances weren´t made this week as far as i know ^^

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> So...., EOTM isn't server based. So those 'green' servers would include any server that is green in their EU matchup for you.

>

> So the chance of them all being German are quite small.

Yep, that's exactly what I said. If Kodash allied with German servers before, and now also ally with non-German servers; they might consider alliances with any server just to win, not only German ones. I played on SFR until yesterday and then it was them vs. Kodash (red) vs. Vabbi (green), and the impacts of potential alliances are obvious in EotM.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"TwinFrozr.6214" said:

> > Yep, I've nightcapped **EotM** for a while and also noticed this. Green and red scout each others keep, and exchange bait characters to pull into full-size blobs of the other enemy team.

> I noticed that you don't understand game mechanics.

Game mechanics? How is that even relevant to my reply? And what's your point of highlighting EotM?

> > @"TwinFrozr.6214" said:

> > The only bs is that Germans only ally with Germans. Kodash is red this week and happily cooperate with the greens. It's even more obvious Kodash' team is the underdog, since they for some reason never cap green fortress.

> We are cooperating with Vaabi?

>

> What did you smoke?

In EotM, yes. Since you apparently don't understand game mechanics, Vabbi and Kodash (and several more green and red servers) isn't the same server, and therefore not the same color. This makes it weird that none of these fight each other, but only focus on the blue team. If the tendency is there while even fighting upscaled karma trains, that do whatever it takes to actually avoid fights, there's nothing more to be questioned; let alone think their enemy alliances to make up for their own weaknesses have anything to do with "game mechanics" :lol:

I do quite a bit of roaming. I'm with Ruins of Surmia but host server is Ring of Fire. Seen what looked like an alliance between Desolation and Elona Reach, well just a few player. Though Deso is an English speaking server. Just a group of players who seemed to have a mutual agreement to not attack each other but go for Ring of Fire players. Not a double serve alliance.

I don't do this when I'm roaming, I pretty much go by, if it belongs to the enemy and I can take it I'll attempt to take it but could understand, say if it's pretty even between green and blue, red is either far behind or far in the lead. Green and blue might focus on each other rather than red. Possibly even act to protect a red structure if they can't be bothered to take it for themselves. I don't, I just take what I can but could understand that. Your Blue, Red's way behind, they aren't going to catch up this skirmish, you or Green may win this skirmish. Ideally you would take the structure yourself but if not you'd be better off if Red kept it rather than Green get it Same if one team is way ahead. Red has this skirmish in the bag, you and green are fighting for second place. Better if Red keeps it than Green get it and push you into third. As I said I just take what I can but would understand playing like that. A commander may also choose to focus mainly on taking from Green if they are pretty even and Red are way behind or ahead, so a blue squad focusing on green and putting less pressure on red could maybe make it look like theres an alliance between Blue and Red.

Having said that at the same time a squad on the green server may be focusing on taking from the blue server for the same reason. Making it look to Blue like there is an alliance between Red and Green.

> @"TwinFrozr.6214" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > So...., EOTM isn't server based. So those 'green' servers would include any server that is green in their EU matchup for you.

> >

> > So the chance of them all being German are quite small.

> Yep, that's exactly what I said. If Kodash allied with German servers before, and now also ally with non-German servers; they might consider alliances with any server just to win, not only German ones. I played on SFR until yesterday and then it was them vs. Kodash (red) vs. Vabbi (green), and the impacts of potential alliances are obvious in EotM.

>

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > @"TwinFrozr.6214" said:

> > > Yep, I've nightcapped **EotM** for a while and also noticed this. Green and red scout each others keep, and exchange bait characters to pull into full-size blobs of the other enemy team.

> > I noticed that you don't understand game mechanics.

> Game mechanics? How is that even relevant to my reply? And what's your point of highlighting EotM?

>

> > > @"TwinFrozr.6214" said:

> > > The only bs is that Germans only ally with Germans. Kodash is red this week and happily cooperate with the greens. It's even more obvious Kodash' team is the underdog, since they for some reason never cap green fortress.

> > We are cooperating with Vaabi?

> >

> > What did you smoke?

> In EotM, yes. Since you apparently don't understand game mechanics, Vabbi and Kodash (and several more green and red servers) isn't the same server, and therefore not the same color. This makes it weird that none of these fight each other, but only focus on the blue team. If the tendency is there while even fighting upscaled karma trains, that do whatever it takes to actually avoid fights, there's nothing more to be questioned; let alone think their enemy alliances to make up for their own weaknesses have anything to do with "game mechanics" :lol:

Oh no man. It's all good. We get the mechanics.

We are just stunned that you give a kitten about EOtM.

Take the training wheels off.

> @"Sinmir.6504" said:

> I do quite a bit of roaming. I'm with Ruins of Surmia but host server is Ring of Fire. Seen what looked like an alliance between Desolation and Elona Reach, well just a few player. Though Deso is an English speaking server. Just a group of players who seemed to have a mutual agreement to not attack each other but go for Ring of Fire players. Not a double serve alliance.

>

> I don't do this when I'm roaming, I pretty much go by, if it belongs to the enemy and I can take it I'll attempt to take it but could understand, say if it's pretty even between green and blue, red is either far behind or far in the lead. Green and blue might focus on each other rather than red. Possibly even act to protect a red structure if they can't be bothered to take it for themselves. I don't, I just take what I can but could understand that. Your Blue, Red's way behind, they aren't going to catch up this skirmish, you or Green may win this skirmish. Ideally you would take the structure yourself but if not you'd be better off if Red kept it rather than Green get it Same if one team is way ahead. Red has this skirmish in the bag, you and green are fighting for second place. Better if Red keeps it than Green get it and push you into third. As I said I just take what I can but would understand playing like that. A commander may also choose to focus mainly on taking from Green if they are pretty even and Red are way behind or ahead, so a blue squad focusing on green and putting less pressure on red could maybe make it look like theres an alliance between Blue and Red.

> Having said that at the same time a squad on the green server may be focusing on taking from the blue server for the same reason. Making it look to Blue like there is an alliance between Red and Green.

That and the title of this thread is about WvW which EOtM isn't WvW. But hey. You get mechanics so you know that.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Sinmir.6504" said:

> > I do quite a bit of roaming. I'm with Ruins of Surmia but host server is Ring of Fire. Seen what looked like an alliance between Desolation and Elona Reach, well just a few player. Though Deso is an English speaking server. Just a group of players who seemed to have a mutual agreement to not attack each other but go for Ring of Fire players. Not a double serve alliance.

> >

> > I don't do this when I'm roaming, I pretty much go by, if it belongs to the enemy and I can take it I'll attempt to take it but could understand, say if it's pretty even between green and blue, red is either far behind or far in the lead. Green and blue might focus on each other rather than red. Possibly even act to protect a red structure if they can't be bothered to take it for themselves. I don't, I just take what I can but could understand that. Your Blue, Red's way behind, they aren't going to catch up this skirmish, you or Green may win this skirmish. Ideally you would take the structure yourself but if not you'd be better off if Red kept it rather than Green get it Same if one team is way ahead. Red has this skirmish in the bag, you and green are fighting for second place. Better if Red keeps it than Green get it and push you into third. As I said I just take what I can but would understand playing like that. A commander may also choose to focus mainly on taking from Green if they are pretty even and Red are way behind or ahead, so a blue squad focusing on green and putting less pressure on red could maybe make it look like theres an alliance between Blue and Red.

> > Having said that at the same time a squad on the green server may be focusing on taking from the blue server for the same reason. Making it look to Blue like there is an alliance between Red and Green.

>

> That and the title of this thread is about WvW which EOtM isn't WvW. But hey. You get mechanics so you know that.

I didn't think I'd said anything about EotM. I've been in EotM and OS but not much. Most of my time is spent in enemy borderlands, sometimes in home borderland, and a bit in eternal battlegrounds.

I was thinking along the lines. If you blue, your in your home borderland. Green is close to you, Red is way behind and will not win this skirmish, the southern towers, Redbriar is red, Greenlake is green. If successful it would be more beneficial to the server if you took Greenlake first. Green has a chance of winning, when Greenlake is flipped thats 4 ppt to you, they lose getting at least 4ppt. More if it had an upgrade. So you have changed things between you and green by 8ppt. Taking Redbriar, well give you an extra 4ppt but because it belonged to red it won't take 4 ppt away from the greens so as far as they are concerned the difference is still only 4. On the other hand, if the greens are trying to take Redbriar from the reds, if you can stop them but can't take it yourself for whatever reason it would still be benefiial as it would prevent them closing the gap with you.

> @"Sinmir.6504" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Sinmir.6504" said:

> > > I do quite a bit of roaming. I'm with Ruins of Surmia but host server is Ring of Fire. Seen what looked like an alliance between Desolation and Elona Reach, well just a few player. Though Deso is an English speaking server. Just a group of players who seemed to have a mutual agreement to not attack each other but go for Ring of Fire players. Not a double serve alliance.

> > >

> > > I don't do this when I'm roaming, I pretty much go by, if it belongs to the enemy and I can take it I'll attempt to take it but could understand, say if it's pretty even between green and blue, red is either far behind or far in the lead. Green and blue might focus on each other rather than red. Possibly even act to protect a red structure if they can't be bothered to take it for themselves. I don't, I just take what I can but could understand that. Your Blue, Red's way behind, they aren't going to catch up this skirmish, you or Green may win this skirmish. Ideally you would take the structure yourself but if not you'd be better off if Red kept it rather than Green get it Same if one team is way ahead. Red has this skirmish in the bag, you and green are fighting for second place. Better if Red keeps it than Green get it and push you into third. As I said I just take what I can but would understand playing like that. A commander may also choose to focus mainly on taking from Green if they are pretty even and Red are way behind or ahead, so a blue squad focusing on green and putting less pressure on red could maybe make it look like theres an alliance between Blue and Red.

> > > Having said that at the same time a squad on the green server may be focusing on taking from the blue server for the same reason. Making it look to Blue like there is an alliance between Red and Green.

> >

> > That and the title of this thread is about WvW which EOtM isn't WvW. But hey. You get mechanics so you know that.

>

> I didn't think I'd said anything about EotM. I've been in EotM and OS but not much. Most of my time is spent in enemy borderlands, sometimes in home borderland, and a bit in eternal battlegrounds.

>

> I was thinking along the lines. If you blue, your in your home borderland. Green is close to you, Red is way behind and will not win this skirmish, the southern towers, Redbriar is red, Greenlake is green. If successful it would be more beneficial to the server if you took Greenlake first. Green has a chance of winning, when Greenlake is flipped thats 4 ppt to you, they lose getting at least 4ppt. More if it had an upgrade. So you have changed things between you and green by 8ppt. Taking Redbriar, well give you an extra 4ppt but because it belonged to red it won't take 4 ppt away from the greens so as far as they are concerned the difference is still only 4. On the other hand, if the greens are trying to take Redbriar from the reds, if you can stop them but can't take it yourself for whatever reason it would still be benefiial as it would prevent them closing the gap with you.

I quoted the wrong post. My apologies to you.

german forts are over full with sieges, so when u have ger , ger , international.

its far more fun to attack inernational server to actually have some fights then fighting against German server where ur just fighting versus sieges and when the wall/door breaks it looks like no1 has ever deffended the tower/keep they just vanish..

> @"reddie.5861" said:

> german forts are over full with sieges, so when u have ger , ger , international.

> its far more fun to attack inernational server to actually have some fights then fighting against German server where ur just fighting versus sieges and when the wall/door breaks it looks like no1 has ever deffended the tower/keep they just vanish..

Maybe their engineers will some day, finally automate such fights with automated motion detection and face recognition with auto load bullets siege installed into the tower or castle.

> @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> > @"reddie.5861" said:

> > german forts are over full with sieges, so when u have ger , ger , international.

> > its far more fun to attack inernational server to actually have some fights then fighting against German server where ur just fighting versus sieges and when the wall/door breaks it looks like no1 has ever deffended the tower/keep they just vanish..

>

> Maybe their engineers will some day, finally automate such fights with automated motion detection and face recognition with auto load bullets siege installed into the tower or castle.

Maybe he should understand at his primetime all germans are sleeping?

• 2 months later...

Well, here is the status of 2 german servers agaisnt a neutral server in WvW. In the screenshot provided it's pretty visable that the german servers weren't applying any presure to eachother while the 3rd server was getting flipped over and over by a 20+ squad of the blue team. I mean its pretty clear to me that there is an alliance between them.

https://imgur.com/a/Ttoc8

> @"IceTcK.4358" said:

> Well, here is the status of 2 german servers agaisnt a neutral server in WvW. In the screenshot provided it's pretty visable that the german servers weren't applying any presure to eachother while the 3rd server was getting flipped over and over by a 20+ squad of the blue team. I mean its pretty clear to me that there is an alliance between them.

> https://imgur.com/a/Ttoc8

>

what time is this ? if its during the night, abba flips everything and elona just caps after them lol

and i can guarantee you, there is no alliance, if u look at german forums there is a flame thread rn from Elona vs Abba .

> @"reddie.5861" said:

> german forts are over full with sieges, so when u have ger , ger , international.

> its far more fun to attack inernational server to actually have some fights then fighting against German server where ur just fighting versus sieges and when the wall/door breaks it looks like no1 has ever deffended the tower/keep they just vanish..

As someone who is traded around between Addabon and Drakkar, I know of a different story because I have problems with sleeping longer:

Sunday morning: A zerg of around 20 people attacks a maximum T1 Mendons with 4 catapults. I fire some shots with an arrow cart, wall breaks, I jump out. Would you stay to spend some wxp to mainly gold and above ranked attackers?

Saturday in the late afternoon: Two zergs, one red and one blue attack home and take the map from left and right, only to battle it out in the mf. Barely a dolyak makes the gates, how are you supposed to build veritable def with meager ressorces?

The place where you are right is that we have a crew of dedicated deffers who tend the siege weapons and scout. But we are not organized in groups or anything so we don´t stand much of a chance against a zerg or even a guild.

Here is a little (tongue-in-cheek) insight on how German servers see each other:

* Abaddon

Carried by their night-capping. Almost no threat in a fight. No one likes them.

* Drakkar

Carried by their night and morning-capping. Almost no threat in a fight. Basically a PPT-improved version of Abaddon. Therefore bandwaggon-target of dreams of all PPT-oriented German players. No one likes them.

* Elona

Totally irrelevant due to dwindling numbers. Kept "full", without a link in t5 by Anet because reasons. Historical arch-enemies of Kodash due to locked MUs in prehistoric times . No one likes them.

* Kodash

The wanna-be fighting server. They strive to be like Riverside but ultimately fail. No offtime-PPT whatsoever (apart from holiday-seasons). Historical arch-enemies of Elona due to locked MUs in prehistoric times. No one likes them.

* Riverside

Self-proclaimed German fighting server and home of all try-hards. Huge senior citizen morning karma-train. No one likes them.

* Dzagonur & Millersund

Alternating transfer-targets for PPT-players wishing to join the respective Drakkar-link. No one likes them.