So.. how’s about them Zojjas and whatnot?

Ayakaru.6583

Zojja risks her life helping the pact and commander resist Mordremoth.

How do we repay her?

Not attempting to visit her once, not even just inquire on her medical condition, AT ALL.

She’s been blind since the penultimate instance, and apparantly fell comatose after that.

Since then we have: honoured Eir, investigated Primordus and the Caudecus, changed Braham’s diaper, fought Fakarus, conquered the crystal desert, killed the God of War, and duked it out with Palawa Joko’s petty tantrum.

Busy life, true.. but to completely forget a companion we killed 2 elder dragons with?

Thats beyond rude, A-Net

In a past AMA on Reddit, one of the devs said that we haven't seen the last of her so I mean there's that at least.

I do agree with you though and I'm of course biased as she's one of my favorite NPC's in the game. How Anet has handled her has been really poor considering all we have is a cliffhanger and hearsay regarding her condition. We don't really know if her blindness is permanent and we don't really know what state she's in because the PC never visits her.

I honestly hope when she does show up again that the PC and Dragon's Watch (especially Rytlock) get a verbal backlash from her because it's deserved, in my opinion.

> @"Polarfairy.8046" said:

> It probably has a lot to do with when the voice actress is free to record. She's not my favourite character but for the sake of the story it would be nice to catch up with her.

Ye, if you go to her IMDB page http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1260407/ and look at everything she did in 2017 as an actress, it is a lot. In 2017 she has been a recurring actress or voice-actress for 5 tv-shows as well as several one time appearances. As many of these shows will continue in 2018, I doubt it will change anytime saoon :(

Are you listening to those gossiping asura about her mind being scrambled? I'd love to smack those. I didn't save her first just to hear a couple of asura probably basking in her fall while Logan is on the mend and so soon after. I'm also not going to believe she's blind until I see it for myself. That could have been a side-effect of being in the pod for so long, her eyes weren't adjusted. It's not like we've heard anything at all after, she could be fine, too. An update here or there would have been nice, unless their intention was to worry us, cause mission accomplished. You can't even find her in Snaff's Memorial Lab after only three personal stories. You can visit Eir after her funeral. Got me worried about her condition. It's like she's shut herself away from everyone. I miss her snark.

> @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> > @"Polarfairy.8046" said:

> > It probably has a lot to do with when the voice actress is free to record. She's not my favourite character but for the sake of the story it would be nice to catch up with her.

>

> Ye, if you go to her IMDB page http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1260407/ and look at everything she did in 2017 as an actress, it is a lot. In 2017 she has been a recurring actress or voice-actress for 5 tv-shows as well as several one time appearances. As many of these shows will continue in 2018, I doubt it will change anytime saoon :(

Felicia Day has commented that she'd love to do more Zojja, so I think it's rather that Anet has chosen not to include the character.

I do think we really should have had a moment of checking in on her sometime during LW3.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> > > @"Polarfairy.8046" said:

> > > It probably has a lot to do with when the voice actress is free to record. She's not my favourite character but for the sake of the story it would be nice to catch up with her.

> >

> > Ye, if you go to her IMDB page http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1260407/ and look at everything she did in 2017 as an actress, it is a lot. In 2017 she has been a recurring actress or voice-actress for 5 tv-shows as well as several one time appearances. As many of these shows will continue in 2018, I doubt it will change anytime saoon :(

>

> Felicia Day has commented that she'd love to do more Zojja, so I think it's rather that Anet has chosen not to include the character.

>

> I do think we really should have had a moment of checking in on her sometime during LW3.

I truly don't think it is a matter of choice.i It is more like a matter of planning. If someone is very busy, you often need to plan the sessions one or two years ahead. That kind of planning limits the versatility Arenanet often seeks in development. That means they can't include her that often. But it is truly possible they allready have things planned with her and we'd see her soon.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> Felicia Day has commented that she'd love to do more Zojja, so I think it's rather that Anet has chosen not to include the character.

It could be true that _Felicia Day_ would love to play _Zojja_ again **and** that she costs more than ANet is willing to spend on a single voice actor.

_Day_ is one of those actors with amazing skill at promoting her 'brand' and I can't imagine she would ever tell a fan, "no, I hated that project; I wouldn't come back if they paid me 10 times my going rate for half the work." She would say, "yeah, I'd love to come back." (And she probably would.) At the same time, she also knows that she needs to insist on increasing levels of compensation while her star still shines.

It's also possible that she hasn't been available when ANet has needed to record.

If they want to cut her because of prohibitive costs they could at least get Zojja to come back for an episode and martyr herself by piloting some massive aura mecha golem against Kralkatoric or something.

It's kinda lame just leaving her comatose and blinded. Such an anti-climactic end for our original Asura hero.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> However, no voice actor is no excuse for this kind of scenario.

> She can be K/O as we just check up on her.

> Even if she's awake you can hire just about any female voice as she's probably gonna talk raspy anyway. Someone who has the push the words through a heavy throat.

Exactly what I was thinking too. Her voice _(her new upcoming VA, hopefully)_ did take damaged after being trapped in the jungle pod in HoT events, and since Logan was canon to rescue first it would make sense that Zojja were in worse condition than Logan.

I find the way ANet handle NPCs is awful, specially an ex-main famous Asuran hero and not to talk about everyone who has been playing as Asura PC and seeing their old mentor like if she was a piece of trash, thrown away as ANet dont give a kitten about it anymore.

If we wont see Zojja in this Living Season then I have no words how clumpsy and stubborn ANet are towards fan-players and their love for Zojja.

I didnt really like Zojja before, maybe because I barely play as Asura, my absolutely favorite main hero & mentor was Eir. But the way ANet are doing to her is just disgusting. After what happened to the DE I started to like Zojja more and more. Specially when we get a new clown guild with the dramaqueens.

I mean.... her recovery could easily be implentet just as the Pale Tree did, a Side Event, just something! Check Zojja how she's doing in the hospital and after this long time from the HoT events and now, I am hoping for her to make a come-back.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Klipso.8653" said:

> Because she made us wait through waves of enemies in Sorrows Embrace when she wanted to lock pick a door instead of letting the thief that was with us (Caithe) open it in a few seconds.

Meh, my greatsword can sometimes break giant gates with 10 swings, no lockpicking needed

> @"Evolute.6239" said:

> Since it looks like Inquest will be a part of the story coming up in the future, I would expect Zojja will pop up soon.

I’d love to see the inquest take the reigns again. They’ve been pretty inactive since Kudu’s death.

When they reapeared in Dry Top during LS2 i thought they were going to get active again but they were just randomly hanging around. Same when they Reapeared in Draconis Mons..

There’s so much potential to their story involvement. They could dabble with dangerous magic, one might have a personal bite with Tixx, ir might be after Oola’s old tech who was way ahead of her time.

And they put so much effort into the Hexa-draconic magics collider its hard to believe Kudu’s death was enough to stop it...

*Shrugs* I don't remember the pact commander ever being all that close to Zojja, unless you're Asuran and have the non-canon level 10-30 story under your belt. That is, unless something happened in LS1 I don't know about.

Logan mentions a change when we saw him; perhaps Zojja is being written out of the story because the blighting pod affected her more than Logan, and will somehow tie into some future Elementalist Elite Spec? It's just too soon to call it poor writing, since the narritive moves at a snails pace.

If you think about it, we did get a nod towards her in Season 3.

You may recall that Taimi was experimenting with the effects of Blighting Pod Fluid on herself. Now, why would she start to consider the effects of the fluid on asura? That's right, she was trying to figure out what happened to Zojja and how to fix it. Finding a way to help herself was a side benefit.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"Jin.8501" said:

> > Zojja added nothing to story. Old cranky asura with nothing but whining and hatred coming from her mouth

> > Reminds me of some big Brahmin named norn

>

> none of them add to the story, that's the whole problem.

Queen Jenna adds to the story.

That subtle hint of how she used to live in the Heart of Maguuma or maybe was even born there.

How else did she get her invisible boots?