Thanks for removing the downvote option.

Zaraki.5784

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > @Helbjorne.9368 said:

> > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > > @Helbjorne.9368 said:

> > > > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > > > > @otto.5684 said:

> > > > > > That is lame. The down vote was a good option to shoot down silly, wrong and/or false posts. It was also good to down vote devs bad posts/ideas. The new mats not being bank deposit-able post was down voted close to 100 times, and rightfully so. It seems this function was removed primarily for that reason versus anything else..

> > > > >

> > > > > Then be a (wo)man and actually voice your disagreement like a grown-up rather than anonymously and snidely hitting that thumbs down button.

> > > > >

> > > > > Face it, it was a bad feature that contributed mostly negative vibes in the community.

> > > >

> > > > Oh yes, because 10 pages of telling the devs that something is a terrible idea is so much more productive than giving it a Thumbs Down. They don't give a quaggan either way.

> > >

> > > Well if that is what you think, then there's no reason for you to be missing the thumbs down-option at all, surely.

> > >

> > > I don't see what the problem is, honestly.

> >

> > Because it acts as an informal poll on whether or not the community agrees or disagrees with a post. By removing it and only allowing us to give Thumbs Up we create this facade of "Everyone likes everything, because that's their only choice." It's equally unhealthy for the community as all it does is promote false positivity. If I think someone said something stupid, is it really more appropriate for me to call them a kitten than to give their post a Thumbs Down? Some posts simply do not warrant the time it would take to point out all the flaws with them, so the Thumbs Down allowed us to show our disapproval without having to publicly ridicule anyone.

>

> You admitted previously that you don't think the devs care about thumbs down nor actual feedback so, again, I don't see why you're having an issue with this. Put bluntly, if you don't think they give a kitten about your protest to begin with why are you so against them removing your thumbs down option? Because the sense of being a rebel slamming on that button gave you, or what?

even tho we already know these answers to them questions already and he is right on what he said about that . and to back up his points go over to reddit and you can read all the dev,s posts their in the last few days compared to their new official forums posts . oh and not only that but hey how you can not see all that kinda puts my kittens in a bunch . when its so very clear to see not even the birds can miss it even

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > @Helbjorne.9368 said:

> > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > > @Helbjorne.9368 said:

> > > > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > > > > @otto.5684 said:

> > > > > > That is lame. The down vote was a good option to shoot down silly, wrong and/or false posts. It was also good to down vote devs bad posts/ideas. The new mats not being bank deposit-able post was down voted close to 100 times, and rightfully so. It seems this function was removed primarily for that reason versus anything else..

> > > > >

> > > > > Then be a (wo)man and actually voice your disagreement like a grown-up rather than anonymously and snidely hitting that thumbs down button.

> > > > >

> > > > > Face it, it was a bad feature that contributed mostly negative vibes in the community.

> > > >

> > > > Oh yes, because 10 pages of telling the devs that something is a terrible idea is so much more productive than giving it a Thumbs Down. They don't give a quaggan either way.

> > >

> > > Well if that is what you think, then there's no reason for you to be missing the thumbs down-option at all, surely.

> > >

> > > I don't see what the problem is, honestly.

> >

> > Because it acts as an informal poll on whether or not the community agrees or disagrees with a post. By removing it and only allowing us to give Thumbs Up we create this facade of "Everyone likes everything, because that's their only choice." It's equally unhealthy for the community as all it does is promote false positivity. If I think someone said something stupid, is it really more appropriate for me to call them a kitten than to give their post a Thumbs Down? Some posts simply do not warrant the time it would take to point out all the flaws with them, so the Thumbs Down allowed us to show our disapproval without having to publicly ridicule anyone.

>

> You admitted previously that you don't think the devs care about thumbs down nor actual feedback so, again, I don't see why you're having an issue with this. Put bluntly, if you don't think they give a kitten about your protest to begin with why are you so against them removing your thumbs down option? Because the sense of being a rebel slamming on that button gave you, or what?

>

> Look, you are half-right - the devs don't give a crap about thumbs down because it isn't valid criticism. Written feedback, however is. There hasn't been a developer in the history of gaming who hasn't taken feedback from their players into account - especially one of the quasi-F2P model GW2 uses because the game literally lives and dies by how much their players enjoy playing it. It is in Anet's best interest to please you as best as they can.

I was referring to the Material Storage Post which was referenced in the post that you were replying to when I stated that I didn't think the devs cared whether or not the playerbase disagreed with that decision, because they did it knowing that there would be backlash from the community. That doesn't stand for all other posts, especially community made ones.

There is no point in thumbs up without thumbs down.... It become s simply a ego stroke without thumbs down. And thumbs down did not actually do anything, just as thumbs up does nothing, people are crying "abuse" but really these people are worried about their own petty egos, who cares if people down voted your post, typically there was a reason for it beyond "they did not like me".

Nice to see it gone tbh, it doesn't provide any conversation just pressing a thumbs down because you might not agree with the person who, for example, might like that Anet wants to experiment (talking about the recently controversial material storage stuff). If you disagree, reply to the said person with a comment if you have to, or just come with your own reply to the said discussion.

> @VaaCrow.3076 said:

> Great, "now you cannot show that you disagree with me, instead you can only agree!" do me a favour and remove the thumb up option, please. I really really dislike the people who don't possess the mental fortitude required to accept that some people just wont agree with them. Do your job Darwinism, PLEASE.

You can totally show that you disagree with something ... by making a post and saying so. Like I'm doing here. The Thumbs Down concept is simply a way for people to troll you and NOT explain why. It's pretty cowardly IMO.

> @Obtena.7952 said:

> > @VaaCrow.3076 said:

> > Great, "now you cannot show that you disagree with me, instead you can only agree!" do me a favour and remove the thumb up option, please. I really really dislike the people who don't possess the mental fortitude required to accept that some people just wont agree with them. Do your job Darwinism, PLEASE.

>

> You can totally show that you disagree with something ... by making a post and saying so. Like I'm doing here. The Thumbs Down concept is simply a way for people to troll you and NOT explain why. It's pretty cowardly IMO.

I disagree

> @Obtena.7952 said:

> > @VaaCrow.3076 said:

> > Great, "now you cannot show that you disagree with me, instead you can only agree!" do me a favour and remove the thumb up option, please. I really really dislike the people who don't possess the mental fortitude required to accept that some people just wont agree with them. Do your job Darwinism, PLEASE.

>

> You can totally show that you disagree with something ... by making a post and saying so. Like I'm doing here. The Thumbs Down concept is simply a way for people to troll you and NOT explain why. It's pretty cowardly IMO.

I also disagree.

> @"Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485" said:

> There is no point in thumbs up without thumbs down.... It become s simply a ego stroke without thumbs down. And thumbs down did not actually do anything, just as thumbs up does nothing, people are crying "abuse" but really these people are worried about their own petty egos, who cares if people down voted your post, typically there was a reason for it beyond "they did not like me".

Nooo, there goes my daily thumbs down button.

Ok, jokin aside. Pretty much this. Thumbs up and thumbs down does absolutely nothing, are people so sensitive that they can't stand any downvotes they get? Just please, remove thumbs up button too or bring the thumbs down button back or restrict it somehow. Like you can give 20 downvotes per day for example.

"I totally hurt my feelings."

> @Helbjorne.9368 said:

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > @Helbjorne.9368 said:

> > > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > > > @otto.5684 said:

> > > > > That is lame. The down vote was a good option to shoot down silly, wrong and/or false posts. It was also good to down vote devs bad posts/ideas. The new mats not being bank deposit-able post was down voted close to 100 times, and rightfully so. It seems this function was removed primarily for that reason versus anything else..

> > > >

> > > > Then be a (wo)man and actually voice your disagreement like a grown-up rather than anonymously and snidely hitting that thumbs down button.

> > > >

> > > > Face it, it was a bad feature that contributed mostly negative vibes in the community.

> > >

> > > Oh yes, because 10 pages of telling the devs that something is a terrible idea is so much more productive than giving it a Thumbs Down. They don't give a quaggan either way.

> >

> > Well if that is what you think, then there's no reason for you to be missing the thumbs down-option at all, surely.

> >

> > I don't see what the problem is, honestly.

>

> Because it acts as an informal poll on whether or not the community agrees or disagrees with a post. By removing it and only allowing us to give Thumbs Up we create this facade of "Everyone likes everything, because that's their only choice." It's equally unhealthy for the community as all it does is promote false positivity. If I think someone said something stupid, is it really more appropriate for me to call them a kitten than to give their post a Thumbs Down? Some posts simply do not warrant the time it would take to point out all the flaws with them, so the Thumbs Down allowed us to show our disapproval without having to publicly ridicule anyone.

oh not only that but also too it also removed the fact if you did not agree or like that post pre say . but you had the choice of the thumbs down vote for maybe the fact you might not been good enough with words to make counter points and so forth with out getting infracted or a forum ban even . at least with the down vote you could express that though you might not been good with the words in the right way to do so . with out saying the words so much . so their is another positive point to having the down vote back . and if not back then they should remove the other 2 choices as well too keep it all on the up and up and a half way fair argument.

even tho you can still go to reddit guild wars 2 sub reddit and use the down vote their and noting will happen to you their . unlike in the official forums well not so much the same case . and a one sided coin is never good or end well . that is a proven fact

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > @VaaCrow.3076 said:

> > Great, "now you cannot show that you disagree with me, instead you can only agree!"

>

> Nobody is forcing you to thumbs up every single post. If you simply don't click anything you neither agree nor disagree.

Do you not see how that in itself is silly. "you don't have to agree, you can remain silent too" i'm sorry but because a few people suffer from low self esteem we lost half of a decent forum function while retaining a redundant half of it.

I'm in the remove the upvote and helpful vote boat, can't have to much "easy access to positive reinforcement. It's only fair. Wouldn't have people to get too soft.

> @Abakk.9176 said:

> But at the same time i am looking at your last two posts and can't help but notice that you seem as distrought by the upvote as others were about the downvote.

If people are offended of downvotes, then other people are allowed to be offended with upvotes

> @"Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485" said:

> There is no point in thumbs up without thumbs down.... It become s simply a ego stroke without thumbs down. And thumbs down did not actually do anything, just as thumbs up does nothing, people are crying "abuse" but really these people are worried about their own petty egos, who cares if people down voted your post, typically there was a reason for it beyond "they did not like me".

And now people are going to actually tell you that reason, unless they're too lazy to do more than simply perform a useless dismissive click.

I disagree with the decision made to ensure that only people who agree with a post have the option for a single key response indicating their opinion. The decision to make non-offensively expressed disagreement less convenient than agreement is, in my opinion, an example of moral bankruptcy.

> @BobbyT.7192 said:

> I'm in the remove the upvote and helpful vote boat, can't have to much "easy access to positive reinforcement. It's only fair. Wouldn't have people to get too soft.

>

> > @Abakk.9176 said:

> > But at the same time i am looking at your last two posts and can't help but notice that you seem as distrought by the upvote as others were about the downvote.

>

> If people are offended of downvotes, then other people are allowed to be offended with upvotes

How can a person be offended by an upvote?

> @"Nox Lucis.8341" said:

> I did notice that many whole treads would get bombs where every comment was given a downvote all at once, suggesting that one person was going through indiscriminately downvoting everything. In light of this it seems certain that there was some improper use of the feature going on.

I saw this, I also noticed there were quite a few where every post that didn't agree with an OPs idea or opinion would have a thumbs down, indicating that some topic creators just simply went through and gave a thumbs down to anyone who had an opinion which didn't align with their own. Basically "You're disagreeing with me?! I'm gonna give you a thumbs down out of petty spite! That'll teach them!" (of course that may not have happened, it just seemed like that was the case on some threads that I looked at).

Really the thumbs down option was one of those things that could have been useful to gauge the reception to an idea or topic etc, but ended up as a pointless thing to have because a percentage of people just abused/misused it.

> @killermanjaro.5670 said:

> > @"Nox Lucis.8341" said:

> > I did notice that many whole treads would get bombs where every comment was given a downvote all at once, suggesting that one person was going through indiscriminately downvoting everything. In light of this it seems certain that there was some improper use of the feature going on.

>

> I saw this, I also noticed there were quite a few where every post that didn't agree with an OPs idea or opinion would have a thumbs down, indicating that some topic creators just simply went through and gave a thumbs down to anyone who had an opinion which didn't align with their own. Basically "You're disagreeing with me?! I'm gonna give you a thumbs down out of petty spite! That'll teach them!" (of course that may not have happened, it just seemed like that was the case on some threads that I looked at).

>

> Really the thumbs down option was one of those things that could have been useful to gauge the reception to an idea or topic etc, but ended up as a pointless thing to have because a percentage of people just abused/misused it.

I noticed that myself, and god forbid you post facts too that prove the OP wrong that would get you double negatives.