I love this expansion.

I know its not 'cool' to to like something that everyone else complains about, but for the first time in many years, i'm just stupid-happy with the game. I haven't played much, as i'm still exploring, but MAN! did ANet knock this one out of the park. Amazing areas, loot all over the place, interesting story and various voice acting conversations. Its immense, and i'm loving every minute of it. Not only that, but the environments are just completely gorgeous!

As opposed to Heart of Thorns, where you couldn't really stand in one place for too long, its nice to have the formula back that got me into this game many many years ago. Thank you ANet! You did good here! :)

> @"slamfunction.7462" said:

> I know its not 'cool' to to like something that everyone else complains about, but for the first time in many years, i'm just stupid-happy with the game. I haven't played much, as i'm still exploring, but MAN! did ANet knock this one out of the park. Amazing areas, loot all over the place, interesting story and various voice acting conversations. Its immense, and i'm loving every minute of it. Not only that, but the environments are just completely gorgeous!

>

> As opposed to Heart of Thorns, where you couldn't really stand in one place for too long, its nice to have the formula back that got me into this game many many years ago. Thank you ANet! You did good here! :)

I'm enjoying PoF, too. But I don't understand the jab at HoT over mob density. As a player who has spent a lot of time in both expansions at this point, PoF seems to have higher mob density and obnoxiously long aggro range (on some enemies). Further, the addition of mounts adds a cost to dealing with these enemies. Every time you dismount and an enemy notices you from 5 miles away, you end up having to clear every enemy in the area before you can mount again!

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > @"slamfunction.7462" said:

> > I know its not 'cool' to to like something that everyone else complains about, but for the first time in many years, i'm just stupid-happy with the game. I haven't played much, as i'm still exploring, but MAN! did ANet knock this one out of the park. Amazing areas, loot all over the place, interesting story and various voice acting conversations. Its immense, and i'm loving every minute of it. Not only that, but the environments are just completely gorgeous!

> >

> > As opposed to Heart of Thorns, where you couldn't really stand in one place for too long, its nice to have the formula back that got me into this game many many years ago. Thank you ANet! You did good here! :)

>

> I'm enjoying PoF, too. But I don't understand the jab at HoT over mob density. As a player who has spent a lot of time in both expansions at this point, PoF seems to have higher mob density and obnoxiously long aggro range (on some enemies). Further, the addition of mounts adds a cost to dealing with these enemies. Every time you dismount and an enemy notices you from 5 miles away, you end up having to clear every enemy in the area before you can mount again!

>

>

It's a double-edge sword, IMO. It may be harder to re-mount, but it's much easier to ignore encounters.

As far as HoT vs PoF, I don't see a reason to compare them. I have both so I don't have to pick either or, although I'm trying to collect 1000 unidentified gears to test something so I've been in HoT exclusively the past week (although 3 of those days I couldn't log in because of the holiday). I still have things to do in both regions so logging in is always a delightful choice of "what do I want to work on today?".

I hate the aggro range of the enemies.

I hate how there's so many enemies on many parts of the map.

Other than that? Best expansion. PoF areas are the ones I frequently visit as it's fun, nice to look at, not a damn maze, and all around enjoyable.

The only thing I like in HoT is the music in Auric Basin (and maybe Tangled Depths).

Oh and Tarir meta. I think that's all. There's nothing else I like in HoT (unless you want to count Elites... so far I like Dragonhunter, but that's recent. Like a few months ago recent... before then there was not a single elite class I liked from HoT and played core classes only until PoF).

Yay for Deadeye, Yay for Scourge, Yay for Soulbeast, Yay for... well I still struggling with Mirage but I loathed Chrono so... Yay Mirage.