Vanilla Player just got back to the game...what the hell is this damage?

AllSins.3485

> @"AllSins.3485" said:

> Hey guys, i played the betas of this game, and for almost a year after it released , i only played WvWvW so i have no experience in PvE or Spvp.

> Now my problem is this, i got into my Guardian ( core build ) i have full exotic Soldier Gear, thats 2,138 toughness , 3349 armor and 17k hp, this guy back in the day could survive Zergs, i mean wen i encountered the Enemy Train i was able to run back to my Train without dieing, for a looooooong time, now every 1vs1 skills me in 2 seconds, and im not even kidding...

> What the hell happened to the damage in this game? It was completely impossible to kill a support Guardian 1vs1 back in the day, i would not kill you, but you would not kill me for sure.

> Another thing Where is the Elite skill book? the one with Awesome healing?

>

> What the hell happened to this game? WvWvW was awesome in Seafarers Rest with Zadrots, Red Guard etc etc so many awesome guilds, now i cant find 1 single WvWvW guild from back then and the game is kitten up, really killing people in full toughness gear in 2 seconds? what the hell Arena net....

Welcome back!

1) Elite Specs happened, and they fixed condis to actually do their work. So yeah damage ramped up a lot.

2)The skill books were turned into 2 new skills. A Signet that does the 100% heal skill when activated, and Heals over time when passive. And a shout that gives quickness and fury to people around you for the offensive book.

Also the latest Elite spec has it's F skills turned into books that revise some of the stuff we could do with the old ones.

3) I wasn't really active in WvW so i'm not privvy to details. But what i heard is there was some falling out between the main WvW guilds in SFR. So most of them migrated to other worlds, and even some individuals began to actively try to sabotage SFR, we had people asking for donations so they would buy accounts to fill up SFR with alts (good thing that after megaservers it's the average WvW participation that rules if a server is empty or full). There was some talk that a couple of the guilds were "bought out", as in paid to move to other servers. But i'm not sure how credible those claims are.

And right after that break HoT happened, Desert Borderlands happened, and WvW kinda died out, which ended SFR's reign as uncontested #1 World.

4) Toughness never prevented Condi damage. Full zerker isn't the only damage spec any more, also Soldiers isn't "full toughness", never was.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"AllSins.3485" said:

> > Hey guys, i played the betas of this game, and for almost a year after it released , i only played WvWvW so i have no experience in PvE or Spvp.

> > Now my problem is this, i got into my Guardian ( core build ) i have full exotic Soldier Gear, thats 2,138 toughness , 3349 armor and 17k hp, this guy back in the day could survive Zergs, i mean wen i encountered the Enemy Train i was able to run back to my Train without dieing, for a looooooong time, now every 1vs1 skills me in 2 seconds, and im not even kidding...

> > What the hell happened to the damage in this game? It was completely impossible to kill a support Guardian 1vs1 back in the day, i would not kill you, but you would not kill me for sure.

> > Another thing Where is the Elite skill book? the one with Awesome healing?

> >

> > What the hell happened to this game? WvWvW was awesome in Seafarers Rest with Zadrots, Red Guard etc etc so many awesome guilds, now i cant find 1 single WvWvW guild from back then and the game is kitten up, really killing people in full toughness gear in 2 seconds? what the hell Arena net....

>

> Welcome back!

> 1) Elite Specs happened, and they fixed condis to actually do their work. So yeah damage ramped up a lot.

>

> 2)The skill books were turned into 2 new skills. A Signet that does the 100% heal skill when activated, and Heals over time when passive. And a shout that gives quickness and fury to people around you for the offensive book.

> Also the latest Elite spec has it's F skills turned into books that revise some of the stuff we could do with the old ones.

>

> 3) I wasn't really active in WvW so i'm not privvy to details. But what i heard is there was some falling out between the main WvW guilds in SFR. So most of them migrated to other worlds, and even some individuals began to actively try to sabotage SFR, we had people asking for donations so they would buy accounts to fill up SFR with alts (good thing that after megaservers it's the average WvW participation that rules if a server is empty or full). There was some talk that a couple of the guilds were "bought out", as in paid to move to other servers. But i'm not sure how credible those claims are.

> And right after that break HoT happened, Desert Borderlands happened, and WvW kinda died out, which ended SFR's reign as uncontested #1 World.

>

> 4) Toughness never prevented Condi damage. Full zerker isn't the only damage spec any more, also Soldiers isn't "full toughness", never was.

What i meant by full toughness is every single piece of gear i have has toughness in it, my full gear is Soldiers, so full toughness ^^

Yeah i was used at being #1 in the world over and over again, our Pugs completely destroyed every single Guild apart from Golden Horde i think it was the name.

Im not even talking about our guilds which were extremely good at pvp, im talking random groups of people destroying organized guilds, this server changed a lot.

I will buy Path of fire and join the Condi Spam, what else can i do? is there any Class/spec that can deal with all this condition damage spam?

> @"Offair.2563" said:

> Simple answer; Anet ramped up the damage while leaving toughness and your hp nearly the same. Also boosted condi dmg which completely ignores toughness.

>

> Welcome in the 1 shot / overload by condis era.

yeah condition damage is out of control, also what the hell is a holosmith? everytime i see one of those guys i get deleted in 1 second hahaha

> @"AllSins.3485" said:

> Yeah, condition damage is crazy for what i can see, it seems like the Zerg with most Scourge necros Wins, the amount of red circles on the floor is kitten, you cant take a step anywhere without being in a red circle, this is so different from back in the day, i really need to adapt ^^

Been back for a month and yup Meta or Die in this new GW2. Gone are the days where you could have fun building your own unique build and still be viable. You must adapt and run metabattle builds or tweak them a little, other than that it's gg.

> @"warlordo.9576" said:

> > Yeah, condition damage is crazy for what i can see, it seems like the Zerg with most Scourge necros Wins, the amount of red circles on the floor is kitten, you cant take a step anywhere without being in a red circle, this is so different from back in the day, i really need to adapt ^^

>

> Been back for a month and yup Meta or Die in this new GW2. Gone are the days where you could have fun building your own unique build and still be viable. You must adapt and run metabattle builds or tweak them a little, other than that it's gg.

>

>

That is what i will do, cant beat them, join them ^^

> @"AllSins.3485" said:

> Hey guys, i played the betas of this game, and for almost a year after it released , i only played WvWvW so i have no experience in PvE or Spvp.

> Now my problem is this, i got into my Guardian ( core build ) i have full exotic Soldier Gear, thats 2,138 toughness , 3349 armor and 17k hp, this guy back in the day could survive Zergs, i mean wen i encountered the Enemy Train i was able to run back to my Train without dieing, for a looooooong time, now every 1vs1 skills me in 2 seconds, and im not even kidding...

> What the hell happened to the damage in this game? It was completely impossible to kill a support Guardian 1vs1 back in the day, i would not kill you, but you would not kill me for sure.

>

> What the hell happened to this game? WvWvW was awesome in Seafarers Rest with Zadrots, Red Guard etc etc so many awesome guilds, now i cant find 1 single WvWvW guild from back then and the game is kitten up, really killing people in full toughness gear in 2 seconds? what the hell Arena net....

a few things changed

1. current meta is condition dmg which ignores toughness and armor. the only counters are vitality and condition removal. this really hurts guardian, and even more cause poison cuts healing

2. theres ALOT more stuns now. this, combined with the fact that stability was nerfed to be "1 stability stops 1 stun", when in the past it was "1 stability = immune to all stuns for the duration of stablity) this is probably whats killing you

3. the game is ALOT more mobile now. first year most people had 0% boost to mobility, or 10%. only thief had 25%. now, all classes have some form of permanent speed boost, have alot more swiftness choices, and have reduction to duration of movement debuffs. leading to faster movign zergs

4. people basically all have exotic to ascended now. in first year people were still using uncommon, rare, and maybe some exotic. and alot of people were not lv 80. but now everyone is 80, everyone is fully decked out.

5. people have mastered the high dmg burst on single targets. they've had years to perfect this. and they have.

as for your last question: gotta move to one of the active WvW servers like Blackgate. but in general, these servers have been locked by Anet to not let anyone join (Jade Quarry had a massive protest over this and dropped to tier 4)

> @"AllSins.3485" said:

> > @"Offair.2563" said:

> > Simple answer; Anet ramped up the damage while leaving toughness and your hp nearly the same. Also boosted condi dmg which completely ignores toughness.

> >

> > Welcome in the 1 shot / overload by condis era.

>

> yeah condition damage is out of control, also what the hell is a holosmith? everytime i see one of those guys i get deleted in 1 second hahaha

Holosmith is the latest Engineer Elite.

Firebrands and Tempests can deal with condis pretty well. Also you're out of practice, so you don't know what to move away from... A lot of the main condi offenders are kind of easy to avoid.

> @"warlordo.9576" said:

> > Yeah, condition damage is crazy for what i can see, it seems like the Zerg with most Scourge necros Wins, the amount of red circles on the floor is kitten, you cant take a step anywhere without being in a red circle, this is so different from back in the day, i really need to adapt ^^

>

> Been back for a month and yup Meta or Die in this new GW2. Gone are the days where you could have fun building your own unique build and still be viable. You must adapt and run metabattle builds or tweak them a little, other than that it's gg.

>

>

Not true. I run Core ranger for WvW roams sometimes. Works better than a lot of meta builds.> @"arenta.2953" said:

> > Hey guys, i played the betas of this game, and for almost a year after it released , i only played WvWvW so i have no experience in PvE or Spvp.

> > Now my problem is this, i got into my Guardian ( core build ) i have full exotic Soldier Gear, thats 2,138 toughness , 3349 armor and 17k hp, this guy back in the day could survive Zergs, i mean wen i encountered the Enemy Train i was able to run back to my Train without dieing, for a looooooong time, now every 1vs1 skills me in 2 seconds, and im not even kidding...

> > What the hell happened to the damage in this game? It was completely impossible to kill a support Guardian 1vs1 back in the day, i would not kill you, but you would not kill me for sure.

> >

> > What the hell happened to this game? WvWvW was awesome in Seafarers Rest with Zadrots, Red Guard etc etc so many awesome guilds, now i cant find 1 single WvWvW guild from back then and the game is kitten up, really killing people in full toughness gear in 2 seconds? what the hell Arena net....

>

> a few things changed

>

> 1. current meta is condition dmg which ignores toughness and armor. the only counters are vitality and condition removal. this really hurts guardian, and even more cause poison cuts healing

> 2. theres ALOT more stuns now. this, combined with the fact that stability was nerfed to be "1 stability stops 1 stun", when in the past it was "1 stability = immune to all stuns for the duration of stablity) this is probably whats killing you

> 3. the game is ALOT more mobile now. first year most people had 0% boost to mobility, or 10%. only thief had 25%. now, all classes have some form of permanent speed boost, have alot more swiftness choices, and have reduction to duration of movement debuffs. leading to faster movign zergs

> 4. people basically all have exotic to ascended now. in first year people were still using uncommon, rare, and maybe some exotic. and alot of people were not lv 80. but now everyone is 80, everyone is fully decked out.

> 5. people have mastered the high dmg burst on single targets. they've had years to perfect this. and they have.

>

>

> as for your last question: gotta move to one of the active WvW servers like Blackgate. but in general, these servers have been locked by Anet to not let anyone join (Jade Quarry had a massive protest over this and dropped to tier 4)

You're right about most things, but dude, that last part... Bandwagoning is what's killing WvW good job advising making it worse. I still play SFR. When it's good its great, problem is when it's bad it's really bad. SFR got to first place on its own with medium capacity vs full servers, and then people started bandwagoning to it. And if you want the truth, that was when i started playing WvW less and less. My plan of building a thief from 0-80 to full gear in WvW only, went to deleting the thief to get a keyfarm slot, to recently boosting one to 80. In the tournaments the best times for me was when we already had the points to win, and people would drop participation on the couple days before reset.

Even nowadays there's still a lot of good commanders in SFR. It's just that now most of the original WvW community isn't even playing regardless of the server, and a lot of the people in WvW are just PvE players waiting for their PPTs. Which is why the bandwagoning server win. Because they have numbers. SFR always won even when outnumbered, but nowadays, there's simply not enough good WvWers left. And not even PvP will help since that's a dying mode as well.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"Offair.2563" said:

> > > Simple answer; Anet ramped up the damage while leaving toughness and your hp nearly the same. Also boosted condi dmg which completely ignores toughness.

> > >

> > > Welcome in the 1 shot / overload by condis era.

> >

> > yeah condition damage is out of control, also what the hell is a holosmith? everytime i see one of those guys i get deleted in 1 second hahaha

>

> Holosmith is the latest Engineer Elite.

> Firebrands and Tempests can deal with condis pretty well. Also you're out of practice, so you don't know what to move away from... A lot of the main condi offenders are kind of easy to avoid.

> > @"warlordo.9576" said:

> > > @"AllSins.3485" said:

> > > Yeah, condition damage is crazy for what i can see, it seems like the Zerg with most Scourge necros Wins, the amount of red circles on the floor is kitten, you cant take a step anywhere without being in a red circle, this is so different from back in the day, i really need to adapt ^^

> >

> > Been back for a month and yup Meta or Die in this new GW2. Gone are the days where you could have fun building your own unique build and still be viable. You must adapt and run metabattle builds or tweak them a little, other than that it's gg.

> >

> >

> Not true. I run Core ranger for WvW roams sometimes. Works better than a lot of meta builds.> @"arenta.2953" said:

> > > Hey guys, i played the betas of this game, and for almost a year after it released , i only played WvWvW so i have no experience in PvE or Spvp.

> > > Now my problem is this, i got into my Guardian ( core build ) i have full exotic Soldier Gear, thats 2,138 toughness , 3349 armor and 17k hp, this guy back in the day could survive Zergs, i mean wen i encountered the Enemy Train i was able to run back to my Train without dieing, for a looooooong time, now every 1vs1 skills me in 2 seconds, and im not even kidding...

> > > What the hell happened to the damage in this game? It was completely impossible to kill a support Guardian 1vs1 back in the day, i would not kill you, but you would not kill me for sure.

> > > Another thing Where is the Elite skill book? the one with Awesome healing?

> > >

> > > What the hell happened to this game? WvWvW was awesome in Seafarers Rest with Zadrots, Red Guard etc etc so many awesome guilds, now i cant find 1 single WvWvW guild from back then and the game is kitten up, really killing people in full toughness gear in 2 seconds? what the hell Arena net....

> >

> > a few things changed

> >

> > 1. current meta is condition dmg which ignores toughness and armor. the only counters are vitality and condition removal. this really hurts guardian, and even more cause poison cuts healing

> > 2. theres ALOT more stuns now. this, combined with the fact that stability was nerfed to be "1 stability stops 1 stun", when in the past it was "1 stability = immune to all stuns for the duration of stablity) this is probably whats killing you

> > 3. the game is ALOT more mobile now. first year most people had 0% boost to mobility, or 10%. only thief had 25%. now, all classes have some form of permanent speed boost, have alot more swiftness choices, and have reduction to duration of movement debuffs. leading to faster movign zergs

> > 4. people basically all have exotic to ascended now. in first year people were still using uncommon, rare, and maybe some exotic. and alot of people were not lv 80. but now everyone is 80, everyone is fully decked out.

> > 5. people have mastered the high dmg burst on single targets. they've had years to perfect this. and they have.

> >

> >

> > as for your last question: gotta move to one of the active WvW servers like Blackgate. but in general, these servers have been locked by Anet to not let anyone join (Jade Quarry had a massive protest over this and dropped to tier 4)

>

> You're right about most things, but dude, that last part... Bandwagoning is what's killing WvW good job advising making it worse. I still play SFR. When it's good its great, problem is when it's bad it's really bad. SFR got to first place on its own with medium capacity vs full servers, and then people started bandwagoning to it. And if you want the truth, that was when i started playing WvW less and less. My plan of building a thief from 0-80 to full gear in WvW only, went to deleting the thief to get a keyfarm slot, to recently boosting one to 80. In the tournaments the best times for me was when we already had the points to win, and people would drop participation on the couple days before reset.

>

> Even nowadays there's still a lot of good commanders in SFR. It's just that now most of the original WvW community isn't even playing regardless of the server, and a lot of the people in WvW are just PvE players waiting for their PPTs. Which is why the bandwagoning server win. Because they have numbers. SFR always won even when outnumbered, but nowadays, there's simply not enough good WvWers left. And not even PvP will help since that's a dying mode as well.

aye. Jade Quarry is facing a similar issue. despite being one of the main WvW servers, its also one of the largest PVE servers. and because of this PvE, the WvW has struggle for numbers. hence the JQ protest of not participating in WvW for a while, and dropping to tier 4.

hopefully they'll come up with a better solution

> @"arenta.2953" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > @"Offair.2563" said:

> > > > Simple answer; Anet ramped up the damage while leaving toughness and your hp nearly the same. Also boosted condi dmg which completely ignores toughness.

> > > >

> > > > Welcome in the 1 shot / overload by condis era.

> > >

> > > yeah condition damage is out of control, also what the hell is a holosmith? everytime i see one of those guys i get deleted in 1 second hahaha

> >

> > Holosmith is the latest Engineer Elite.

> > Firebrands and Tempests can deal with condis pretty well. Also you're out of practice, so you don't know what to move away from... A lot of the main condi offenders are kind of easy to avoid.

> > > @"warlordo.9576" said:

> > > > @"AllSins.3485" said:

> > > > Yeah, condition damage is crazy for what i can see, it seems like the Zerg with most Scourge necros Wins, the amount of red circles on the floor is kitten, you cant take a step anywhere without being in a red circle, this is so different from back in the day, i really need to adapt ^^

> > >

> > > Been back for a month and yup Meta or Die in this new GW2. Gone are the days where you could have fun building your own unique build and still be viable. You must adapt and run metabattle builds or tweak them a little, other than that it's gg.

> > >

> > >

> > Not true. I run Core ranger for WvW roams sometimes. Works better than a lot of meta builds.> @"arenta.2953" said:

> > > > @"AllSins.3485" said:

> > > > Hey guys, i played the betas of this game, and for almost a year after it released , i only played WvWvW so i have no experience in PvE or Spvp.

> > > > Now my problem is this, i got into my Guardian ( core build ) i have full exotic Soldier Gear, thats 2,138 toughness , 3349 armor and 17k hp, this guy back in the day could survive Zergs, i mean wen i encountered the Enemy Train i was able to run back to my Train without dieing, for a looooooong time, now every 1vs1 skills me in 2 seconds, and im not even kidding...

> > > > What the hell happened to the damage in this game? It was completely impossible to kill a support Guardian 1vs1 back in the day, i would not kill you, but you would not kill me for sure.

> > > > Another thing Where is the Elite skill book? the one with Awesome healing?

> > > >

> > > > What the hell happened to this game? WvWvW was awesome in Seafarers Rest with Zadrots, Red Guard etc etc so many awesome guilds, now i cant find 1 single WvWvW guild from back then and the game is kitten up, really killing people in full toughness gear in 2 seconds? what the hell Arena net....

> > >

> > > a few things changed

> > >

> > > 1. current meta is condition dmg which ignores toughness and armor. the only counters are vitality and condition removal. this really hurts guardian, and even more cause poison cuts healing

> > > 2. theres ALOT more stuns now. this, combined with the fact that stability was nerfed to be "1 stability stops 1 stun", when in the past it was "1 stability = immune to all stuns for the duration of stablity) this is probably whats killing you

> > > 3. the game is ALOT more mobile now. first year most people had 0% boost to mobility, or 10%. only thief had 25%. now, all classes have some form of permanent speed boost, have alot more swiftness choices, and have reduction to duration of movement debuffs. leading to faster movign zergs

> > > 4. people basically all have exotic to ascended now. in first year people were still using uncommon, rare, and maybe some exotic. and alot of people were not lv 80. but now everyone is 80, everyone is fully decked out.

> > > 5. people have mastered the high dmg burst on single targets. they've had years to perfect this. and they have.

> > >

> > >

> > > as for your last question: gotta move to one of the active WvW servers like Blackgate. but in general, these servers have been locked by Anet to not let anyone join (Jade Quarry had a massive protest over this and dropped to tier 4)

> >

> > You're right about most things, but dude, that last part... Bandwagoning is what's killing WvW good job advising making it worse. I still play SFR. When it's good its great, problem is when it's bad it's really bad. SFR got to first place on its own with medium capacity vs full servers, and then people started bandwagoning to it. And if you want the truth, that was when i started playing WvW less and less. My plan of building a thief from 0-80 to full gear in WvW only, went to deleting the thief to get a keyfarm slot, to recently boosting one to 80. In the tournaments the best times for me was when we already had the points to win, and people would drop participation on the couple days before reset.

> >

> > Even nowadays there's still a lot of good commanders in SFR. It's just that now most of the original WvW community isn't even playing regardless of the server, and a lot of the people in WvW are just PvE players waiting for their PPTs. Which is why the bandwagoning server win. Because they have numbers. SFR always won even when outnumbered, but nowadays, there's simply not enough good WvWers left. And not even PvP will help since that's a dying mode as well.

>

> aye. Jade Quarry is facing a similar issue. despite being one of the main WvW servers, its also one of the largest PVE servers. and because of this PvE, the WvW has struggle for numbers. hence the JQ protest of not participating in WvW for a while, and dropping to tier 4.

>

> hopefully they'll come up with a better solution

As i see it the harm is done. The solution would have been to give bonuses for representing a world for a long time, getting better the longer you're there.

But even if they have a way to retroactively do this, the bandwagoning issue has been prevalent for so long that it wouldn't make a difference, really.

> @"warlordo.9576" said:

>

>

>

This is simply not true, while you can't run whatever you want and expect to do fine, there's a lot of room for theorycrafting and metabattle is still outdated as it probably always will be. Just theorycraft good builds and be smart enough to know if what you're running is actually good or if you'd be better off running something from metabattle.

If Anet would just add a condi block or reduction to some of the core guardian skills we could actually survive. For example if renewed focus also blocked condi we might actually survive but it only removes condi. Right now all we can do is block damage, pushing, pulling, fearing, taunting, but not condi block or reduction, only removal. With all this condi we really need a block or reduction because by the time you try to remove all the condi on you it's to late. Condi classes have the ability to block physical damage so why do we not have the ability to block condi damage? Maybe the problem isn't reducing condi but giving other classes better skills to deal with it. Coms are handing out condi reduction food right and left because we have no skills to deal with it. Welcome back to the game.

> @"Carighan.6758" said:

> > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > Um...did you just expect everything to be the same after 4 years? A lot of stuff changed.

>

> OTOH, few MMORPGs have a power excursion *this* big in someone's absence. Pre-HoT to current is night and day, it doesn't even feel like the same game as far as combat mechanics are concerned.

>

> Now, of course, if one likes super-fast-paced and initiative-decided/-won combat, it's awesome. If someone enjoyed the more attrition-focused pre-HoT combat, they'll feel super confused because they never knew the HoT power hike compared to which the current state is actually **slower**.

>

>

Most MMORPGSs would have had a much higher level of power creep over the course of two expansions than GW2 has had, either in the form of level cap increases or new tiers of gear that completely outclass pre-expansion gear or both.

> @"SnowPumpkin.1809" said:

> If Anet would just add a condi block or reduction to some of the core guardian skills we could actually survive. For example if renewed focus also blocked condi we might actually survive but it only removes condi. Right now all we can do is block damage, pushing, pulling, fearing, taunting, but not condi block or reduction, only removal. With all this condi we really need a block or reduction because by the time you try to remove all the condi on you it's to late. Condi classes have the ability to block physical damage so why do we not have the ability to block condi damage? Maybe the problem isn't reducing condi but giving other classes better skills to deal with it. Coms are handing out condi reduction food right and left because we have no skills to deal with it. Welcome back to the game.

Most condi applications are tied to being hit by a skill of some sort. You can block the condi by blocking the skill that applies it.

> @"Carighan.6758" said:

> > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > Um...did you just expect everything to be the same after 4 years? A lot of stuff changed.

>

> OTOH, few MMORPGs have a power excursion *this* big in someone's absence. Pre-HoT to current is night and day, it doesn't even feel like the same game as far as combat mechanics are concerned.

I beg to differ. DAoC had Trials of Atlantis, an incredible power-creep that far surpassed GW2/HOT powercreep: completely ruining the game for a large enough portion of players that Mythic actually created servers that did not include the expansion. WoW had *every* expansion offering green gear that could be equipped at prior-xpac levels that was much better than even previous max-level Epics and Legendaries. And Shadowbane's Rise of Chaos was equally laughable powercreep.

> @"Cirrion.8951" said:

> > @"SnowPumpkin.1809" said:

> > If Anet would just add a condi block or reduction to some of the core guardian skills we could actually survive. For example if renewed focus also blocked condi we might actually survive but it only removes condi. Right now all we can do is block damage, pushing, pulling, fearing, taunting, but not condi block or reduction, only removal. With all this condi we really need a block or reduction because by the time you try to remove all the condi on you it's to late. Condi classes have the ability to block physical damage so why do we not have the ability to block condi damage? Maybe the problem isn't reducing condi but giving other classes better skills to deal with it. Coms are handing out condi reduction food right and left because we have no skills to deal with it. Welcome back to the game.

>

> Most condi applications are tied to being hit by a skill of some sort. You can block the condi by blocking the skill that applies it.

But blocking condi skills isnt enough, we really need what that guy is suggesting. Something like a boon that totally blocks condi dmg? Oh oh we could call it "resistance"! I'm brilliant.

The main thing that changed is expecting a single stat like toughness to carry you through against players that kept playing and thus know more of the synergy between current traits, skills, and gear that changes have brought. Metas have changed. In WvW today you find many more veteran players than you would have in the first year of launch. Also there's less diversity in what you encounter as meta builds get published online, but the good news is you too can check out these builds online to relearn what works and what doesn't.

Im sorry guys i have no idea where to ask this, so my Soldier's gear is awefull, i wanted to craft a new one, for that i had to lvl up my armorsmith, so i went to armorsmith Station where it says i have a skill of 304/400, the thing is on my production Tab i have absolutely nothing, how can i have 304/400 Amrmorsmith skill and Know absolutely no recipes ?

I then entered on my warrior who has 205 armor smith and everything was there, also my guardian has 398/400 jewel crafting and every recipe is there, why is my armorsmith tab showing absolutely no recipes on my guardian with 304 skill?

> @"AllSins.3485" said:

>

ow> What the hell happened to this game? WvWvW was awesome in Seafarers Rest with Zadrots, Red Guard etc etc so many awesome guilds, now i cant find 1 single WvWvW guild from back then and the game is kitten up, really killing people in full toughness gear in 2 seconds? what the hell Arena net....

welcome back. =) adjust to the new game mechanics. you will be juat fine.z

> @"AllSins.3485" said:

> Im sorry guys i have no idea where to ask this, so my Soldier's gear is awefull, i wanted to craft a new one, for that i had to lvl up my armorsmith, so i went to armorsmith Station where it says i have a skill of 304/400, the thing is on my production Tab i have absolutely nothing, how can i have 304/400 Amrmorsmith skill and Know absolutely no recipes ?

> I then entered on my warrior who has 205 armor smith and everything was there, also my guardian has 398/400 jewel crafting and every recipe is there, why is my armorsmith tab showing absolutely no recipes on my guardian with 304 skill?

Likely it's because you have another crafting discipline active.

Talk to the Armorsnith vendor and he asks you if you want to become an armorsmith. (Usually it is around 50 s) If you have too many active, he'll ask if you want to deactivate one of them. Say yes, and you should be able to see your recipes.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > Im sorry guys i have no idea where to ask this, so my Soldier's gear is awefull, i wanted to craft a new one, for that i had to lvl up my armorsmith, so i went to armorsmith Station where it says i have a skill of 304/400, the thing is on my production Tab i have absolutely nothing, how can i have 304/400 Amrmorsmith skill and Know absolutely no recipes ?

> > I then entered on my warrior who has 205 armor smith and everything was there, also my guardian has 398/400 jewel crafting and every recipe is there, why is my armorsmith tab showing absolutely no recipes on my guardian with 304 skill?

>

> Likely it's because you have another crafting discipline active.

>

> Talk to the Armorsnith vendor and he asks you if you want to become an armorsmith. (Usually it is around 50 s) If you have too many active, he'll ask if you want to deactivate one of them. Say yes, and you should be able to see your recipes.

I will try that, thanks a lot :)

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> >

> ow> What the hell happened to this game? WvWvW was awesome in Seafarers Rest with Zadrots, Red Guard etc etc so many awesome guilds, now i cant find 1 single WvWvW guild from back then and the game is kitten up, really killing people in full toughness gear in 2 seconds? what the hell Arena net....

>

> welcome back. =) adjust to the new game mechanics. you will be juat fine.z

Thank you :), yeah there are a lot of builds i want to try :)

On a quick note, if possible try to get the newest elite specs for your characters // I've found that GW2 tends to make the newest expansion's elite specs a bit more powerful than the core specs, and these turn into the meta (for WvW, at least...not counting deadeye....was sooooo disappointed with that). For example, I find Mirage a better roamer given all the new skills it has and great evasion/stunbreak/invulnerability. Same goes for the scourge on my necro. Picking up one of the new elites would probably help with the new WvW meta to become about where you were before. Only issue with this may be having the hero points to get the new specs and then getting more hero points to skill them up, but you actually can get hero points just by playing in WvW now, so that's a plus. However, PvE will always be faster if you can find people doing a HP farm in the HoT areas, etc. Be sure to play the very first part of PoF to get a mount, though ^^

I played since launch and remember the days you are referring to - back when we had to buy skill books to level up skills and such. The WvW environment has changed tons, and gotta adapt :) Plus, if you are able, maybe just buy the exotic gear you need off the auction - in some ways it may cost you more to level your crafting than to get 2 full sets of gear plus decent sigils/runes ^_^v Good luck!

> @"Kaggura.4839" said:

> On a quick note, if possible try to get the newest elite specs for your characters // I've found that GW2 tends to make the newest expansion's elite specs a bit more powerful than the core specs, and these turn into the meta (for WvW, at least...not counting deadeye....was sooooo disappointed with that). For example, I find Mirage a better roamer given all the new skills it has and great evasion/stunbreak/invulnerability. Same goes for the scourge on my necro.

Personally for my squad I'd rather have the HoT elites for ranger, mesmer, revenant, or elementalist than their PoF ones.

Now for guardian, engineer, thief, necro, or warrior id rather have the PoF elites join us.

But that's from a squad standpoint, not roaming.

> @"Klipso.8653" said:

> >

> But that's from a squad standpoint, not roaming.

Ah yep - I wasn't sure what the OP was into (zerg, havoc, roaming) // I mostly meant from my own standpoint of either roaming (hybrid Mirage) or zerg (Scourge or backline ele for me). I'm thinking he is mostly talking zerg play, though, but as you say, it is all situational based on what people are doing as to their composition and spec ^_^v