Should there be a gem store item that auto completes dailies ?

> @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > well i did not think people would be so much against skipping dalies especially since its largely boring and insignificant.

>

> But you CAN skip daylies. I DO skip them most of the time because they tend to be boring and insignificant. What OP proposes is to get rewards without playing.

>

> I'm against Anet monetizing not playing any content: they need to make money by making things FUN AND SIGNIFICANT.

So why do they allow raid selling? This is direct p2w when people buy gold with gems to pay raid sellers.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > well i did not think people would be so much against skipping dalies especially since its largely boring and insignificant.

> >

> > But you CAN skip daylies. I DO skip them most of the time because they tend to be boring and insignificant. What OP proposes is to get rewards without playing.

> >

> > I'm against Anet monetizing not playing any content: they need to make money by making things FUN AND SIGNIFICANT.

>

> So why do they allow raid selling? This is direct p2w when people buy gold with gems to pay raid sellers.

There is a fundamental difference between other players charging for their assistance and aNet charging you to skip or auto-complete content. I'm not a fan of the former either, but can understand why someone who gives up hours of their time might expect some level of remuneration. I've "tipped" kindly mesmers who have helped me and others through a hard JP. If aNet decided to outlaw players paying other players for their assistance, there would be (a) huge outcry (b) it would just drive such transactions underground. If I'm not allowed to send gold to another player, I find another currency. Or should all inter-player transactions be banned? That would surely kill GW2 in double quick time.

> @"costepj.5120" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > well i did not think people would be so much against skipping dalies especially since its largely boring and insignificant.

> > >

> > > But you CAN skip daylies. I DO skip them most of the time because they tend to be boring and insignificant. What OP proposes is to get rewards without playing.

> > >

> > > I'm against Anet monetizing not playing any content: they need to make money by making things FUN AND SIGNIFICANT.

> >

> > So why do they allow raid selling? This is direct p2w when people buy gold with gems to pay raid sellers.

>

> There is a fundamental difference between other players charging for their assistance and aNet charging you to skip or auto-complete content. I'm not a fan of the former either, but can understand why someone who gives up hours of their time might expect some level of remuneration. I've "tipped" kindly mesmers who have helped me and others through a hard JP. If aNet decided to outlaw players paying other players for their assistance, there would be (a) huge outcry (b) it would just drive such transactions underground. If I'm not allowed to send gold to another player, I find another currency. Or should all inter-player transactions be banned? That would surely kill GW2 in double quick time.

If people buy gems to transfer it to gold which they are paying raiders for content completion, this is direct p2w as anet profits on skipping content.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"costepj.5120" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > > > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > > well i did not think people would be so much against skipping dalies especially since its largely boring and insignificant.

> > > >

> > > > But you CAN skip daylies. I DO skip them most of the time because they tend to be boring and insignificant. What OP proposes is to get rewards without playing.

> > > >

> > > > I'm against Anet monetizing not playing any content: they need to make money by making things FUN AND SIGNIFICANT.

> > >

> > > So why do they allow raid selling? This is direct p2w when people buy gold with gems to pay raid sellers.

> >

> > There is a fundamental difference between other players charging for their assistance and aNet charging you to skip or auto-complete content. I'm not a fan of the former either, but can understand why someone who gives up hours of their time might expect some level of remuneration. I've "tipped" kindly mesmers who have helped me and others through a hard JP. If aNet decided to outlaw players paying other players for their assistance, there would be (a) huge outcry (b) it would just drive such transactions underground. If I'm not allowed to send gold to another player, I find another currency. Or should all inter-player transactions be banned? That would surely kill GW2 in double quick time.

>

> If people buy gems to transfer it to gold which they are paying raiders for content completion, this is direct p2w as anet profits on skipping content.

Not true. Even in that case, some player DID completed the content. Someone has to. If not, then we are entering into Cookie Clicker territory. No please.

> @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > > @"costepj.5120" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > > > > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > > > well i did not think people would be so much against skipping dalies especially since its largely boring and insignificant.

> > > > >

> > > > > But you CAN skip daylies. I DO skip them most of the time because they tend to be boring and insignificant. What OP proposes is to get rewards without playing.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm against Anet monetizing not playing any content: they need to make money by making things FUN AND SIGNIFICANT.

> > > >

> > > > So why do they allow raid selling? This is direct p2w when people buy gold with gems to pay raid sellers.

> > >

> > > There is a fundamental difference between other players charging for their assistance and aNet charging you to skip or auto-complete content. I'm not a fan of the former either, but can understand why someone who gives up hours of their time might expect some level of remuneration. I've "tipped" kindly mesmers who have helped me and others through a hard JP. If aNet decided to outlaw players paying other players for their assistance, there would be (a) huge outcry (b) it would just drive such transactions underground. If I'm not allowed to send gold to another player, I find another currency. Or should all inter-player transactions be banned? That would surely kill GW2 in double quick time.

> >

> > If people buy gems to transfer it to gold which they are paying raiders for content completion, this is direct p2w as anet profits on skipping content.

>

> Not true. Even in that case, some player DID completed the content. Someone has to. If not, then we are entering into Cookie Clicker territory. No please.

I can't pay anyone to complete dailies for me without breaking ToS so the solution should be the same as for Waypoints - give us daily cap unlock via gemstore. Free money is free money for anet. If you don't like it. you don't need to buy it. Easy.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"costepj.5120" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > > > > > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > > > > well i did not think people would be so much against skipping dalies especially since its largely boring and insignificant.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But you CAN skip daylies. I DO skip them most of the time because they tend to be boring and insignificant. What OP proposes is to get rewards without playing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm against Anet monetizing not playing any content: they need to make money by making things FUN AND SIGNIFICANT.

> > > > >

> > > > > So why do they allow raid selling? This is direct p2w when people buy gold with gems to pay raid sellers.

> > > >

> > > > There is a fundamental difference between other players charging for their assistance and aNet charging you to skip or auto-complete content. I'm not a fan of the former either, but can understand why someone who gives up hours of their time might expect some level of remuneration. I've "tipped" kindly mesmers who have helped me and others through a hard JP. If aNet decided to outlaw players paying other players for their assistance, there would be (a) huge outcry (b) it would just drive such transactions underground. If I'm not allowed to send gold to another player, I find another currency. Or should all inter-player transactions be banned? That would surely kill GW2 in double quick time.

> > >

> > > If people buy gems to transfer it to gold which they are paying raiders for content completion, this is direct p2w as anet profits on skipping content.

> >

> > Not true. Even in that case, some player DID completed the content. Someone has to. If not, then we are entering into Cookie Clicker territory. No please.

>

> I can't pay anyone to complete dailies for me without breaking ToS so the solution should be the same as for Waypoints - give us daily cap unlock via gemstore. Free money is free money for anet. If you don't like it. you don't need to buy it. Easy.

- Free money from someone can mean no more money from some other. PR is also important, and the very purpose of the game should also be taken on account (aka, being played).

- Waypoint gemstore unlock not only unlocks a very limited set of WPs, it also doesn't give you XP or rewards. I don't like it either, but it is QoL, not P2W.

- Nobody forces you to do daylies. They are "insignificant". Why it seems to be so important to you to pay for them? (Before you use this against me: I DO CARE about P2W in this game because I love it. I don't want it to degenerate.)

> @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > > @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"costepj.5120" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > > > > > > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > > > > > well i did not think people would be so much against skipping dalies especially since its largely boring and insignificant.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But you CAN skip daylies. I DO skip them most of the time because they tend to be boring and insignificant. What OP proposes is to get rewards without playing.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm against Anet monetizing not playing any content: they need to make money by making things FUN AND SIGNIFICANT.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So why do they allow raid selling? This is direct p2w when people buy gold with gems to pay raid sellers.

> > > > >

> > > > > There is a fundamental difference between other players charging for their assistance and aNet charging you to skip or auto-complete content. I'm not a fan of the former either, but can understand why someone who gives up hours of their time might expect some level of remuneration. I've "tipped" kindly mesmers who have helped me and others through a hard JP. If aNet decided to outlaw players paying other players for their assistance, there would be (a) huge outcry (b) it would just drive such transactions underground. If I'm not allowed to send gold to another player, I find another currency. Or should all inter-player transactions be banned? That would surely kill GW2 in double quick time.

> > > >

> > > > If people buy gems to transfer it to gold which they are paying raiders for content completion, this is direct p2w as anet profits on skipping content.

> > >

> > > Not true. Even in that case, some player DID completed the content. Someone has to. If not, then we are entering into Cookie Clicker territory. No please.

> >

> > I can't pay anyone to complete dailies for me without breaking ToS so the solution should be the same as for Waypoints - give us daily cap unlock via gemstore. Free money is free money for anet. If you don't like it. you don't need to buy it. Easy.

>

> - Free money from someone can mean no more money from some other. PR is also important, and the very purpose of the game should also be taken on account (aka, being played).

> - Waypoint gemstore unlock not only unlocks a very limited set of WPs, it also doesn't give you XP or rewards. I don't like it either, but it is QoL, not P2W.

> - Nobody forces you to do daylies. They are "insignificant". Why it seems to be so important to you to pay for them? (Before you use this against me: I DO CARE about P2W in this game because I love it. I don't want it to degenerate.)

* PR is irrelevant when money is on the table. Prove - mountgate. This is not the same Anet we had 2 years ago.

* Daily AP cap is also QoL. You skip time needed to acquire irrelevant skins and titles. Since no real skill or effort is needed to acquire them, there is no reason not to offer them for money. It's in line with 80 lvl booster and waypoint unlock.

* nobody forces you to unlock waypoints or buy mountskins either; this is just free money for anet, if you don't like daily AP cap unlock, you don't have to buy it, you can enjoy doing dailies, it removes nothing from you

Definitely not.

The closest thing that we could possibly get is something like a service we can hire like the Black Lion Hunters Contract, to get an NPC that will harvest all the nodes in the home instance for us, so we can save all that time. But we would still need to talk to them and pay a daily fee, like 30 copper per node

So after you buy this service in the BL trading post for 1000...2000 gems or so, you then enter the home instance, and all the nodes are there, untouched, you walk to them, talk with them, it checks your inventory space, and if we have enough space in the inventory, we can pay the fee, and they get quickly harvested and you get the materials in your inventory.

But that would skip we actually harvesting anything, so to do a harvesting daily while having this NPC you would have to harvest before talking with them.

> @"Goettel.4389" said:

> Why not go the full mile and hire an employee to play the game for you.

What about having your kids/husband/wife/significant other do dailies/gathering for you? Oh you mean so people have in one fashion or another already been "paying" for it to be done? Huh, imagine that.

While you may not like the idea, just realize, such is already being done daily.

> @"flog.3485" said:

> I can't get my head around the idea that some would be lazy enough to not even dedicate 20 min of their time to complete a daily.

Lazy. If one is healthy, fit, and doesn't have a whole lot of responsibilities sure. Just be aware that pain/sickness, children, and/or strong work ethics, etc. can get in the way of the 20 minutes you have stated. So now you may continue to wrap your head around the idea that it may not be "lazy" that does it. I'm not saying you should support the idea. Far from it. I just hope you are willing to expand your thinking past a singular path.

> @"OneYenShort.3189" said:

> > @"Goettel.4389" said:

> > Why not go the full mile and hire an employee to play the game for you.

> What about having your kids/husband/wife/significant other do dailies/gathering for you? Oh you mean so people have in one fashion or another already been "paying" for it to be done? Huh, imagine that.

>

> While you may not like the idea, just realize, such is already being done daily.

>

So we agree :) I wouldn't mind playing the game for him full-time, for a nice wage-package.

> @"OneYenShort.3189" said:

> > @"flog.3485" said:

> > I can't get my head around the idea that some would be lazy enough to not even dedicate 20 min of their time to complete a daily.

>

> Lazy. If one is healthy, fit, and doesn't have a whole lot of responsibilities sure. Just be aware that pain/sickness, children, and/or strong work ethics, etc. can get in the way of the 20 minutes you have stated. So now you may continue to wrap your head around the idea that it may not be "lazy" that does it. I'm not saying you should support the idea. Far from it. I just hope you are willing to expand your thinking past a singular path.

Oh I am aware of these sort of responsibilities, trust me. But I would argue that, if people know that they will eventually need to attend to those sort of responsibilities, maybe they should reconsider their priorities. I mean, it is not like if you have to play 20 minutes non stop to earn this daily.

> @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> well i did not think people would be so much against skipping dalies especially since its largely boring and insignificant.

You can already skip dailies entirely by, you know, not doing the dailies.

What you are asking for is to buy 15000 AP with gems. That's what people are against.

No one has an issue with some collections/achievements being "just" a gold sink. The issue is that you're asking for people who don't do content to get the same rewards as people who choose to do the content. That strikes most players as unfair.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > well i did not think people would be so much against skipping dalies especially since its largely boring and insignificant.

>

> You can already skip dailies entirely by, you know, not doing the dailies.

>

> What you are asking for is to buy 15000 AP with gems. That's what people are against.

>

> No one has an issue with some collections/achievements being "just" a gold sink. The issue is that you're asking for people who don't do content to get the same rewards as people who choose to do the content. That strikes most players as unfair.

It's not unfair. It's in line with unlocking waypoints with gems.

> @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > @"calb.3128" said:

> > > @"MarkoNS.3261" said:

> > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > Ap are a pain because they are related to skins.

> > > > It was really a bad idea.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > there are also quite a good way to see how long a certain player has played and cleared content while it doesnt represent skill in 90% of cases players with 20k ap + are better then a large amount of low ap players. sorry if this annoys someone its just a fact you can try and deny but its true. why do you think there was an ap requirement for dungeons before now changed for kp with raids because people dont like new players, and its the job of anet to teach mechanics to new players **not the job of veterans to suffer one**.

> >

> > It is attitudes like this which are toxic for the longevity of any game. Teach, mentor and develop newer players - they are more likely to then invest time and money into the game, sustaining a successful community and continued developer interest. I appreciate there are occasions where players choose to be selective, but lazy and ignorant comments are not the way to win friends and influence people.

>

> so the community should teach the new members and not lets say the game makers ? explain to me why this is my job and i will do it, but keep in mind i am not an anet employe its not my job to care for the longevity of the game that is theirs, i bought the game my obligation to anet ends there i am here only to enjoy the content until the next expansion when i will pay them again anything in between is the job of anet excluding my personal friends and people i associate with in game.

It's not an obligation to Anet. It's called being a member of a community. Anet has fulfilled it's obligation to you the moment you logged in. It has no further obligation to maintain this game. While it makes good business sense to maintain the game, they really aren't obligated to do so.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

>

> >

> > It's not unfair. It's in line with unlocking waypoints with gems.

>

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you buy your way to top AP, you get rewards along the way whereas unlocking waypoints doesn't grant same?

You will get these AP rewards eventually. Just like you get these waypoints. Daily AP cap is nothing more but a time gate. It's common practice in GW2 to pay to skip timegate