Gold Farming help

So far as I've experienced, harvesting and selling crafting mats on the TP and dailies. Stocking up on festival-related packages, and either sell them or open them and selling the contents. Cash in some karma at one of the hearts vendors (check gw2efficiency.com) and dump armor pieces into the Lion's Arch toilet. Salvage the results and sell the mats or the armor depending on TP pricing. Kill as many world bosses or champs as you can deal with-- chests are reasonably lucrative.

As you progress in the game, you'll gradually receive better and more expensive loot.

I'm not exactly wealthy, but I've done ok with the above. I don't optimize and I don't play the TP at all really. I sell at the insta-buy price constantly and am far from optimal with salvage kits.

> @"Enoah.1956" said:

> Harvesting Mussels and Jungle Plants with as many gathering boosts (increasing chance of gathering rare materials) as I can get has been my method so far. A Maguuma Lilly or Freshwater Pearl go for like 8-9 gold per piece on the TP.

How's that working out for you? How many mussels per pearl?

> @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > @"Enoah.1956" said:

> > Harvesting Mussels and Jungle Plants with as many gathering boosts (increasing chance of gathering rare materials) as I can get has been my method so far. A Maguuma Lilly or Freshwater Pearl go for like 8-9 gold per piece on the TP.

>

> How's that working out for you? How many mussels per pearl?

Not sure I don't really take records. I do run certain paths in Bloodston Fen, Verdant Brink, grab the two Jungle Plants near Tarir center WP, a few near the Tangled Depths WPs and then go through the river-ishy parts of Crystal Oasis in perhaps 10-20 minutes and at most end up with maybe 2 Lillys and 2 Pearls. But on some runs I don't get either. I used to run Draconis Mons too because it has many Jungle Plants, but navigating that one is a bit of a pain even with mounts and Oakheart Vines.

Do you have a lot of time to play every day? If you have several hours, then look up Silverwaste farms.

If you are pressed for time, like me most days, then just do your dailies. Most days the 3 easiest dailies can be done in under 30 minutes. Between the Mystic Coins, Laurels, and 2 gold, you will literally make over 1000 gold per year just from completing your 3 dailies. On top of that, park your alts at a profitable spot for quick cheap "lazy" gold.

Core only? Level your alts to 21 and park them at the end of Weyandt's Revenge jumping puzzle. Silver Doubloons are back up over 1G apiece again on TP and I get 3-5 of them per week. My 2nd account is core only and I've made hundreds of gold just from doubloons (which I mail to my main account). And on top of that, the gold from dailies, laurels and Mystic Coins.

Heart of Thorns but not Path of Fire? Park your alts at the VB flax farm. If you have Bitterfrost Frontier unlocked, park them there instead and farm berries.

Path of Fire? Park your alts at Tomb of the Primeval Kings and hit the 6 chests inside on each toon every day after reset. It takes less than 2 minutes per toon to hit all 6 chests. On my main account I hit Tombs on 5 characters per day and have gotten over 1000 blue unidentified gears, over 500 greens and over 200 yellows. Those chests are absolutely free to open. All those unid's are going to take me forever to process. On top of that I have around 200 unopened material crates from the other chests that spawn sometimes (they require keys though). If someone starts the ogre event, help out for an event reward chest. Kill the roaming ghosts when they spawn because they sometimes drop T6 dust which can be worth around 12-25 silver.

I can't stress enough how easy it is to make gold in this game right now. It's easier than ever before.

> @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

> Do you have a lot of time to play every day? If you have several hours, then look up Silverwaste farms.

>

> If you are pressed for time, like me most days, then just do your dailies. Most days the 3 easiest dailies can be done in under 30 minutes. Between the Mystic Coins, Laurels, and 2 gold, you will literally make over 1000 gold per year just from completing your 3 dailies. On top of that, park your alts at a profitable spot for quick cheap "lazy" gold.

>

> Core only? Level your alts to 21 and park them at the end of Weyandt's Revenge jumping puzzle. Silver Doubloons are back up over 1G apiece again on TP and I get 3-5 of them per week. My 2nd account is core only and I've made hundreds of gold just from doubloons (which I mail to my main account). And on top of that, the gold from dailies, laurels and Mystic Coins.

>

> Heart of Thorns but not Path of Fire? Park your alts at the VB flax farm. If you have Bitterfrost Frontier unlocked, park them there instead and farm berries.

>

> Path of Fire? Park your alts at Tomb of the Primeval Kings and hit the 6 chests inside on each toon every day after reset. It takes less than 2 minutes per toon to hit all 6 chests. On my main account I hit Tombs on 5 characters per day and have gotten over 1000 blue unidentified gears, over 500 greens and over 200 yellows. Those chests are absolutely free to open. All those unid's are going to take me forever to process. On top of that I have around 200 unopened material crates from the other chests that spawn sometimes (they require keys though). If someone starts the ogre event, help out for an event reward chest. Kill the roaming ghosts when they spawn because they sometimes drop T6 dust which can be worth around 12-25 silver.

>

> I can't stress enough how easy it is to make gold in this game right now. It's easier than ever before.

Why are berries more profitable than flax farm? (currently having my alts sitting at VB)

Also, is Tomb the ultimate place to park your alts at? (even better than berries?) Thanks for the info in advance.

• 1 month later...

**1 hour node farms for fast cash:**

4 map flax farm 50-55flax seeds per run in 6 mins = 17g/hr farm.

If you buy the Watchwork Sprocket mining pick you can get up to 19g/hr farming Rich Iron.

Rich Platinum is also a good bet at upwards of 17g/hr with the mining pick

This all varies on current TP price, how many nodes you can hit per run, and how fast your load screen is :D, but Flax, Plat, and Iron are in demand items.

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> > @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

> > Do you have a lot of time to play every day? If you have several hours, then look up Silverwaste farms.

> >

> > If you are pressed for time, like me most days, then just do your dailies. Most days the 3 easiest dailies can be done in under 30 minutes. Between the Mystic Coins, Laurels, and 2 gold, you will literally make over 1000 gold per year just from completing your 3 dailies. On top of that, park your alts at a profitable spot for quick cheap "lazy" gold.

> >

> > Core only? Level your alts to 21 and park them at the end of Weyandt's Revenge jumping puzzle. Silver Doubloons are back up over 1G apiece again on TP and I get 3-5 of them per week. My 2nd account is core only and I've made hundreds of gold just from doubloons (which I mail to my main account). And on top of that, the gold from dailies, laurels and Mystic Coins.

> >

> > Heart of Thorns but not Path of Fire? Park your alts at the VB flax farm. If you have Bitterfrost Frontier unlocked, park them there instead and farm berries.

> >

> > Path of Fire? Park your alts at Tomb of the Primeval Kings and hit the 6 chests inside on each toon every day after reset. It takes less than 2 minutes per toon to hit all 6 chests. On my main account I hit Tombs on 5 characters per day and have gotten over 1000 blue unidentified gears, over 500 greens and over 200 yellows. Those chests are absolutely free to open. All those unid's are going to take me forever to process. On top of that I have around 200 unopened material crates from the other chests that spawn sometimes (they require keys though). If someone starts the ogre event, help out for an event reward chest. Kill the roaming ghosts when they spawn because they sometimes drop T6 dust which can be worth around 12-25 silver.

> >

> > I can't stress enough how easy it is to make gold in this game right now. It's easier than ever before.

>

> Why are berries more profitable than flax farm? (currently having my alts sitting at VB)

>

> Also, is Tomb the ultimate place to park your alts at? (even better than berries?) Thanks for the info in advance.

Easy to get 40-60 each run so buying the Ascended back item/ accessory from the vendor is pretty quick. Swap toons repeat, no need to swap maps like with flax farms which tend to yield 8-25ish per map run if you have gathering bonuses on your buffies. So winterberries yields at least the same amount but in a single map run per toon compared to swapping 4 maps on each toon for flax.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

> > > Do you have a lot of time to play every day? If you have several hours, then look up Silverwaste farms.

> > >

> > > If you are pressed for time, like me most days, then just do your dailies. Most days the 3 easiest dailies can be done in under 30 minutes. Between the Mystic Coins, Laurels, and 2 gold, you will literally make over 1000 gold per year just from completing your 3 dailies. On top of that, park your alts at a profitable spot for quick cheap "lazy" gold.

> > >

> > > Core only? Level your alts to 21 and park them at the end of Weyandt's Revenge jumping puzzle. Silver Doubloons are back up over 1G apiece again on TP and I get 3-5 of them per week. My 2nd account is core only and I've made hundreds of gold just from doubloons (which I mail to my main account). And on top of that, the gold from dailies, laurels and Mystic Coins.

> > >

> > > Heart of Thorns but not Path of Fire? Park your alts at the VB flax farm. If you have Bitterfrost Frontier unlocked, park them there instead and farm berries.

> > >

> > > Path of Fire? Park your alts at Tomb of the Primeval Kings and hit the 6 chests inside on each toon every day after reset. It takes less than 2 minutes per toon to hit all 6 chests. On my main account I hit Tombs on 5 characters per day and have gotten over 1000 blue unidentified gears, over 500 greens and over 200 yellows. Those chests are absolutely free to open. All those unid's are going to take me forever to process. On top of that I have around 200 unopened material crates from the other chests that spawn sometimes (they require keys though). If someone starts the ogre event, help out for an event reward chest. Kill the roaming ghosts when they spawn because they sometimes drop T6 dust which can be worth around 12-25 silver.

> > >

> > > I can't stress enough how easy it is to make gold in this game right now. It's easier than ever before.

> >

> > Why are berries more profitable than flax farm? (currently having my alts sitting at VB)

> >

> > Also, is Tomb the ultimate place to park your alts at? (even better than berries?) Thanks for the info in advance.

>

> Easy to get 40-60 each run so buying the Ascended back item/ accessory from the vendor is pretty quick. Swap toons repeat, no need to swap maps like with flax farms which tend to yield 8-25ish per map run if you have gathering bonuses on your buffies. So winterberries yields at least the same amount but in a single map run per toon compared to swapping 4 maps on each toon for flax.

Yeah I started doing it but I still don't see how profitable it is. There is zero gold to be made.

At least my alts have ascended stuff now.

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

> > > > Do you have a lot of time to play every day? If you have several hours, then look up Silverwaste farms.

> > > >

> > > > If you are pressed for time, like me most days, then just do your dailies. Most days the 3 easiest dailies can be done in under 30 minutes. Between the Mystic Coins, Laurels, and 2 gold, you will literally make over 1000 gold per year just from completing your 3 dailies. On top of that, park your alts at a profitable spot for quick cheap "lazy" gold.

> > > >

> > > > Core only? Level your alts to 21 and park them at the end of Weyandt's Revenge jumping puzzle. Silver Doubloons are back up over 1G apiece again on TP and I get 3-5 of them per week. My 2nd account is core only and I've made hundreds of gold just from doubloons (which I mail to my main account). And on top of that, the gold from dailies, laurels and Mystic Coins.

> > > >

> > > > Heart of Thorns but not Path of Fire? Park your alts at the VB flax farm. If you have Bitterfrost Frontier unlocked, park them there instead and farm berries.

> > > >

> > > > Path of Fire? Park your alts at Tomb of the Primeval Kings and hit the 6 chests inside on each toon every day after reset. It takes less than 2 minutes per toon to hit all 6 chests. On my main account I hit Tombs on 5 characters per day and have gotten over 1000 blue unidentified gears, over 500 greens and over 200 yellows. Those chests are absolutely free to open. All those unid's are going to take me forever to process. On top of that I have around 200 unopened material crates from the other chests that spawn sometimes (they require keys though). If someone starts the ogre event, help out for an event reward chest. Kill the roaming ghosts when they spawn because they sometimes drop T6 dust which can be worth around 12-25 silver.

> > > >

> > > > I can't stress enough how easy it is to make gold in this game right now. It's easier than ever before.

> > >

> > > Why are berries more profitable than flax farm? (currently having my alts sitting at VB)

> > >

> > > Also, is Tomb the ultimate place to park your alts at? (even better than berries?) Thanks for the info in advance.

> >

> > Easy to get 40-60 each run so buying the Ascended back item/ accessory from the vendor is pretty quick. Swap toons repeat, no need to swap maps like with flax farms which tend to yield 8-25ish per map run if you have gathering bonuses on your buffies. So winterberries yields at least the same amount but in a single map run per toon compared to swapping 4 maps on each toon for flax.

>

> Yeah I started doing it but I still don't see how profitable it is. There is zero gold to be made.

>

> At least my alts have ascended stuff now.

Once you no longer need berries for ascended gear, you consume them for unbound magic. Then you buy magic warped packets (or bundles, I can't remember which is worth more) and sell the contents.

Ways I make gold - have fun and sell what you get. It's slow but it's a game not a job. Find the bits you have fun doing and then make a little doing that each time! Map completions I find enjoyable - so I do those on my characters, get a couple items to sell, some mats, lots of things and every now and then a key. I've made most of my gold lately off things i got out of the chests I've opened with map completion keys. I do Auric Basin meta every now and then, you get a tonne of loot if the map pulls off a win. Salvage everything - even though mythril isn't going for much some of stuff you can make with mythril is worth a bit more (like inscriptions, some of the sigils etc). If you can join a group doing Palawadan down in istan it absolutely spews loot at you the whole time and some of it can be worth a fair bit and you don't need to 'win' to get it, you get loot along the way. It's slower than out farming but faaar less boring. Unless u like a good farm, in which case gods speed and good farming. I guess. Is there a god of farming? Other than the one sitting in the mystic toilet eating old boots and rusty swords?

Oh, some of those sigils/runes are worth an absolute MENTAL amount - sometimes it's worth checking your materials storage and see if you have ingredients for something worth a fortune (some of them worth far more than their base ingredients for some reason, so if you are bored enough to want to craft all day there's likely some gold to be had there too).

> @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > > > @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

> > > > > Do you have a lot of time to play every day? If you have several hours, then look up Silverwaste farms.

> > > > >

> > > > > If you are pressed for time, like me most days, then just do your dailies. Most days the 3 easiest dailies can be done in under 30 minutes. Between the Mystic Coins, Laurels, and 2 gold, you will literally make over 1000 gold per year just from completing your 3 dailies. On top of that, park your alts at a profitable spot for quick cheap "lazy" gold.

> > > > >

> > > > > Core only? Level your alts to 21 and park them at the end of Weyandt's Revenge jumping puzzle. Silver Doubloons are back up over 1G apiece again on TP and I get 3-5 of them per week. My 2nd account is core only and I've made hundreds of gold just from doubloons (which I mail to my main account). And on top of that, the gold from dailies, laurels and Mystic Coins.

> > > > >

> > > > > Heart of Thorns but not Path of Fire? Park your alts at the VB flax farm. If you have Bitterfrost Frontier unlocked, park them there instead and farm berries.

> > > > >

> > > > > Path of Fire? Park your alts at Tomb of the Primeval Kings and hit the 6 chests inside on each toon every day after reset. It takes less than 2 minutes per toon to hit all 6 chests. On my main account I hit Tombs on 5 characters per day and have gotten over 1000 blue unidentified gears, over 500 greens and over 200 yellows. Those chests are absolutely free to open. All those unid's are going to take me forever to process. On top of that I have around 200 unopened material crates from the other chests that spawn sometimes (they require keys though). If someone starts the ogre event, help out for an event reward chest. Kill the roaming ghosts when they spawn because they sometimes drop T6 dust which can be worth around 12-25 silver.

> > > > >

> > > > > I can't stress enough how easy it is to make gold in this game right now. It's easier than ever before.

> > > >

> > > > Why are berries more profitable than flax farm? (currently having my alts sitting at VB)

> > > >

> > > > Also, is Tomb the ultimate place to park your alts at? (even better than berries?) Thanks for the info in advance.

> > >

> > > Easy to get 40-60 each run so buying the Ascended back item/ accessory from the vendor is pretty quick. Swap toons repeat, no need to swap maps like with flax farms which tend to yield 8-25ish per map run if you have gathering bonuses on your buffies. So winterberries yields at least the same amount but in a single map run per toon compared to swapping 4 maps on each toon for flax.

> >

> > Yeah I started doing it but I still don't see how profitable it is. There is zero gold to be made.

> >

> > At least my alts have ascended stuff now.

>

> Once you no longer need berries for ascended gear, you consume them for unbound magic. Then you buy magic warped packets (or bundles, I can't remember which is worth more) and sell the contents.

Yep.. I was just answering the question why winterberries are more profitable than flax.. you just added more value to the answer :)

To answer OP's question, here what I do as solo player:

- I farm to craft a few defined expensive items that I sell to BLT (daily basis). Note: Farming chests in LS areas, like Bitterfrost Frontier for example, take hardly more than 5 to 10 minutes. I salvage all of their contents for a very fair amounts of silk, thick leather, elder wood and mithril. It is a big help because exactly what I need for what I craft.

- I farm material worth good gold at BLT, on a daily basis too. Note: I visit certain spots only, allowing to be fast at it again.

Alone from those 2, I get about 8 to 10 gold per day minimum (up to 20).

Furthermore:

- Continuously, for material I have no real need for, I keep one stack only (250) and sell everything coming in excess (not to be underestimated, even for low tiers).

- Daily brings 2 gold.

With that, my regular income is more than satisfying.

Remark: Aside of that solo stuff, there is also what comes from my "real" activities: WvW, fractals and meta events (not on a daily basis though, dispatched over a week time).

Another place that's great for farming.... Cursed Shore! It's like a year-round Halloween dungeon. Get in a map with an active zerg and just hop from one event to the next. Bring plenty of AOE... you just need to tag not to kill.

Great build is Dragonhunter with full Assassin's gear (buy some cheap exotics) and staff with Superior + Major Fire sigils (they have separate cooldowns, I've tested it myself).

My Halloween build is similar to this... pretty cheap to build and great for mass-tagging:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQFAWn0ABddiNdCmCBkdilAiyKAeg3MLBbwJUe77+1H-jhhFABeqEcm9HGRHgMq/EkyPAeAACCQUA-e

> @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

> Another place that's great for farming.... Cursed Shore! It's like a year-round Halloween dungeon. Get in a map with an active zerg and just hop from one event to the next. Bring plenty of AOE... you just need to tag not to kill.

>

> Great build is Dragonhunter with full Assassin's gear (buy some cheap exotics) and staff with Superior + Major Fire sigils (they have separate cooldowns, I've tested it myself).

>

> My Halloween build is similar to this... pretty cheap to build and great for mass-tagging:

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQFAWn0ABddiNdCmCBkdilAiyKAeg3MLBbwJUe77+1H-jhhFABeqEcm9HGRHgMq/EkyPAeAACCQUA-e

the fire sigils are suposed to share cd how long ago did you test this?

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

> > Another place that's great for farming.... Cursed Shore! It's like a year-round Halloween dungeon. Get in a map with an active zerg and just hop from one event to the next. Bring plenty of AOE... you just need to tag not to kill.

> >

> > Great build is Dragonhunter with full Assassin's gear (buy some cheap exotics) and staff with Superior + Major Fire sigils (they have separate cooldowns, I've tested it myself).

> >

> > My Halloween build is similar to this... pretty cheap to build and great for mass-tagging:

> >

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQFAWn0ABddiNdCmCBkdilAiyKAeg3MLBbwJUe77+1H-jhhFABeqEcm9HGRHgMq/EkyPAeAACCQUA-e

>

> the fire sigils are suposed to share cd how long ago did you test this?

Last week after somebody had mentioned it on reddit. I tested air and fire and if you look at the combat logs you will see "Lightning Strike" or "Flame Burst" pop up more than every 3 or 5 seconds.

I also did dps tests on the Golem with zero buffs and consistently across multiple tests got increased dps with the 2 like sigils than with just one.