Guard -4600+ Burn Ticks What is going on?

EnderzShadow.2506

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > @"Rodzynald.5897" said:

> >

> > Was season 9 in 2018?

>

> Since you want to be technical, yeah it lasted all day Jan 1, 2018...

>

> We have yet to see a season 10 or another balance patch.

>

> Burn guard went from stupid-hilarious OP to just OP with the condi nerf patch.

>

> I like it being in game though I'm not complaining. It's fun to play against and with.

>

>

Okay if it was unranked then I could understand that but I recall no significant burn guardians in ranked. Besides, what otto said, pre PoF it was more prominent and that is true. This season? Not really, I am sure that there were no burn guardians, at least not so many relevant burn guardians as everyone just rolled with top tier meta, and burn guard is not in top tier meta. Giving untrue statements is not a good way to prove something.

During 9 season ranked I fought with no challenging burn guardians myself, perhaps only bad firebrand variants, and still, it was such a rare sight that it's not even worth mentioning in detail. This is like comparing an ice cube to an iceberg.

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > For everyone whining about instant one-shot bursts; wehter it be guard mesmer or thief.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > THEY are called glass cannons. They CANNOT 1v1. they rely on a tank to distract you so they can fire at you freely. the best way to deal with this is to not get into 2v1 situations where u r #1.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's not rocket science. c'mon.

> > > > >

> > > > > Mesmer cant 1v1 O M E G A L U L H I H I E C S

> > > > > D E E

> > > >

> > > >if the other person is stupid enough to not bring reveal

> > > You do realize that most classes do not have reveal access right?

> > >

> > > Classes with (reasonable) reveal access:

> > > Herald

> > > Scrapper

> > > Core necro (not the elites)

> > > DH

> > > Spellbreaker

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Yeah, and most of these cant really swap the utilities for the the ones with the reveal or else they get in a even worse situation...Theres also Ranger with Sic'em, but i dont know how viable is that.

> Yes they can, thats called adapting. The problem is that it's only worth to do it if you can adapt your playstyle around it, if you can't do that you will do even worse.

>

Thats not true most of the time i guess...lets say DH for example. You find viable to a DH trade Test of Faith or one of the Meditations(JI or Smite) for Light Jugment? Or maybe a warrior trade one of the Stances for On my Mark?

> > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > When top 25 players say it's **IMPOSSIBLE** to hit 8k burn ticks

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/feq3N3S.png "")

> > > Would've been even higher if the targets didn't die so fast, i didn't even have a torch equiped. And you don't need to be squishy for that btw.

> > >

> > > Not saying it's overpowered tho. l2p

> >

> > Nobody said that was impossible to get 8K burns with Guardian, what people said is that is impossible that a single stack of burn can deal 8K damage, that was what the OP was saying.

>

> I was talking about a **top 25 player**, which OP clearly isn't.

I guess you didnt understand what i am tried to say...The OP said that a guard hitted him with 8K burn, but that was only 2-3 stacks

"You don't know what happened. You are trying to hypothesize what did.

Combat log said "Guard hits for you 8956 Burn".

There were only stacks of 2-3 burns at a time.

I was in capricorn fighting on and off the 4th capture point, the bell, when it happened.

I opened and checked the log multiple times.

In the same fight, one of my teammates said the guard hit him for a single 10k burn.

hack?"

How many burns stacks those golems had? Pretty sure you didnt get those number with 2-3 stacks...and that scenario dont never happen on a actual game, since you triggering F1 passive much more faster then you would against a player.

> @"Rodzynald.5897" said:

> > @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > > @"Rodzynald.5897" said:

> > >

> > > Was season 9 in 2018?

> >

> > Since you want to be technical, yeah it lasted all day Jan 1, 2018...

> >

> > We have yet to see a season 10 or another balance patch.

> >

> > Burn guard went from stupid-hilarious OP to just OP with the condi nerf patch.

> >

> > I like it being in game though I'm not complaining. It's fun to play against and with.

> >

> >

>

> Okay if it was unranked then I could understand that but I recall no significant burn guardians in ranked. Besides, what otto said, pre PoF it was more prominent and that is true. This season? Not really, I am sure that there were no burn guardians, at least not so many relevant burn guardians as everyone just rolled with top tier meta, and burn guard is not in top tier meta. Giving untrue statements is not a good way to prove something.

> During 9 season ranked I fought with no challenging burn guardians myself, perhaps only bad firebrand variants, and still, it was such a rare sight that it's not even worth mentioning in detail. This is like comparing an ice cube to an iceberg.

Saiyan... A poster in THIS THREAD is top 100. I played with him THIS SEASON ranked on my team, and saw him use burn guard THIS SEASON and it is still more than potent. The damage is enough he can get kills from condi damage in less than <10 seconds against people with clears and even 1v2 other people in legend if they do not notice the damage extremely quick. Like I said, the condi nerf patch took it from stupid-hilarious OP to just OP.

He is not the only one and I saw him multiple times.

It may not be as faceroll as firebrand and have the game breaking op synergy with scourge and that might be why you do not see as many. Or you could just be low rank??? I don't remember seeing your name NA? Or you could just be lucky?

There are more OP builds from HOT that are still around that are not "meta" for reasons I'm guessing the most people playing those classes capable of those builds never even realize it's possible. Thief being a prime example. Most thiefs in this game are absolute garbage.

Even when burn guard was its most OP you still rarely saw people playing it btw. For some reason the WvW crowd had no idea of it and would not even believe me if I told them it was OP. I guess people in this game only pay attention to things after people make a YouTube video years (emphasis on years) after things are discovered.

> @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > @"Rodzynald.5897" said:

> > > @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > > > @"Rodzynald.5897" said:

> > > >

> > > > Was season 9 in 2018?

> > >

> > > Since you want to be technical, yeah it lasted all day Jan 1, 2018...

> > >

> > > We have yet to see a season 10 or another balance patch.

> > >

> > > Burn guard went from stupid-hilarious OP to just OP with the condi nerf patch.

> > >

> > > I like it being in game though I'm not complaining. It's fun to play against and with.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Okay if it was unranked then I could understand that but I recall no significant burn guardians in ranked. Besides, what otto said, pre PoF it was more prominent and that is true. This season? Not really, I am sure that there were no burn guardians, at least not so many relevant burn guardians as everyone just rolled with top tier meta, and burn guard is not in top tier meta. Giving untrue statements is not a good way to prove something.

> > During 9 season ranked I fought with no challenging burn guardians myself, perhaps only bad firebrand variants, and still, it was such a rare sight that it's not even worth mentioning in detail. This is like comparing an ice cube to an iceberg.

>

> Saiyan... A poster in THIS THREAD is top 100. I played with him THIS SEASON ranked on my team, and saw him use burn guard THIS SEASON and it is still more than potent. The damage is enough he can get kills from condi damage in less than <10 seconds against people with clears and even 1v2 other people in legend if they do not notice the damage extremely quick. Like I said, the condi nerf patch took it from stupid-hilarious OP to just OP.

>

> He is not the only one and I saw him multiple times.

>

> It may not be as faceroll as firebrand and have the game breaking op synergy with scourge and that might be why you do not see as many. Or you could just be low rank??? I don't remember seeing your name NA? Or you could just be lucky?

>

> There are more OP builds from HOT that are still around that are not "meta" for reasons I'm guessing the most people playing those classes capable of those builds never even realize it's possible. Thief being a prime example. Most thiefs in this game are absolute garbage.

>

> Even when burn guard was its most OP you still rarely saw people playing it btw. For some reason the WvW crowd had no idea of it and would not even believe me if I told them it was OP. I guess people in this game only pay attention to things after people make a YouTube video years (emphasis on years) after things are discovered.

Firstly

I am not NA but EU, from what I heard and saw NA's skillcap is lower so it's easier to get to top 250 so no wonder you have a burn guard there :D

Secondly

An exception is not an argument, every rule may have an exception. In EU we have no pure burn guards in top 100 and I haven't heard of anyone who really does their job well. One player in ranked seems more like a coin toss rather than a reliable argument. There are many more firebrands in top in contrast and let me tell you that being a mindless FB won't get you to top. Try it and you'll see that facerolling a FB will get your team killed. More likely a burn guard is silly because it requires your enemy to be unaware of burn stacks, which indicates a bad player.

Thirdly

The reason most HoT specs are not used in ranked is because they are inferior compared to PoF. The only HoT specs that are really good and frequently used are druid and d/p daredevil. Anything other than that will get shred to pieces or works only against bad players who happen to loiter in medium to semi-high tiers.

P.S.

The more baddies there are in the game, the easier it is to melt them with condi.

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

>

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > > For everyone whining about instant one-shot bursts; wehter it be guard mesmer or thief.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > THEY are called glass cannons. They CANNOT 1v1. they rely on a tank to distract you so they can fire at you freely. the best way to deal with this is to not get into 2v1 situations where u r #1.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's not rocket science. c'mon.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Mesmer cant 1v1 O M E G A L U L H I H I E C S

> > > > > > D E E

> > > > >

> > > > >if the other person is stupid enough to not bring reveal

> > > > You do realize that most classes do not have reveal access right?

> > > >

> > > > Classes with (reasonable) reveal access:

> > > > Herald

> > > > Scrapper

> > > > Core necro (not the elites)

> > > > DH

> > > > Spellbreaker

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Yeah, and most of these cant really swap the utilities for the the ones with the reveal or else they get in a even worse situation...Theres also Ranger with Sic'em, but i dont know how viable is that.

> > Yes they can, thats called adapting. The problem is that it's only worth to do it if you can adapt your playstyle around it, if you can't do that you will do even worse.

> >

>

> Thats not true most of the time i guess...lets say DH for example. You find viable to a DH trade Test of Faith or one of the Meditations(JI or Smite) for Light Jugment? Or maybe a warrior trade one of the Stances for On my Mark?

>

> > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > When top 25 players say it's **IMPOSSIBLE** to hit 8k burn ticks

> > > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/feq3N3S.png "")

> > > > Would've been even higher if the targets didn't die so fast, i didn't even have a torch equiped. And you don't need to be squishy for that btw.

> > > >

> > > > Not saying it's overpowered tho. l2p

> > >

> > > Nobody said that was impossible to get 8K burns with Guardian, what people said is that is impossible that a single stack of burn can deal 8K damage, that was what the OP was saying.

> >

> > I was talking about a **top 25 player**, which OP clearly isn't.

>

> I guess you didnt understand what i am tried to say...The OP said that a guard hitted him with 8K burn, but that was only 2-3 stacks

>

> "You don't know what happened. You are trying to hypothesize what did.

>

> Combat log said "Guard hits for you 8956 Burn".

> There were only stacks of 2-3 burns at a time.

> I was in capricorn fighting on and off the 4th capture point, the bell, when it happened.

> I opened and checked the log multiple times.

>

> In the same fight, one of my teammates said the guard hit him for a single 10k burn.

>

> hack?"

> How many burns stacks those golems had? Pretty sure you didnt get those number with 2-3 stacks...and that scenario dont never happen on a actual game, since you triggering F1 passive much more faster then you would against a player.

i understand what OP said, i'm just making fun of a friend that doesn't know how permeating wrath works