Mounts in WvW maps

Sunspear Mars.1480

NOT AT ALL. They would never be inputted into this mode. Not enough resources are allocated to wvsw to create a new map for them to exist, or to create new gameplay to facilitate them having a role.

IT WON"T HAPPEN. I have no idea how any of you can even entertain the idea of them existing in wvsw....

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> It took them 2 years to add gliding to WvW, so *if* mounts are traveling to WvW, it probably won't be soon.

In all honesty, I don't think it will take as long. Part of the reasons it took gliding so long was because they were designing things like server linking, reward track system, pip system, rewards, qol stuff, ect beforehand. By the time they got to it they still had to design the territory setup to support it. Now that all that stuff is in, theoretically they already have a foundation to build it on. Then again , it all depends if/when they want to allocate the time and resources to it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> It took them 2 years to add gliding to WvW, so *if* mounts are traveling to WvW, it probably won't be soon.

Actually, they probably did it with Mounts in mind.

I believe they'll wait a bit to let us get used to gliding, and they'll add Mounts too, eventually.

If/when they do implement them they will probably be under a different mastery set like gliding to restrict anything too wild.

Like ubi said, the timing on territories/gliders is likely not a coincidence. Nor was all the missed gliding exploits that they had to rush patch in giant rocks everywhere to fix stuff. Its almost like they were cramming it in to meet a deadline.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

>

> lol yeah ignoring the fact that you can glide into towers which destroys any sort of advantage an attacker would gain. plus blue side on ebl is at a disadvantage cuz of this.

If you are aware bugs, glitches and exploits then report them all to Anet and I am sure they will be fixed eventually. The fact is, some bugs has always exist and players just keep finding new ways to break the game, this itself is not indication of how much fun some new feature is. Personally I have not seen Gliding being abused at all, it is just me trying to glide in enemy territory and falling to my death every day.

Mounts, just like gliding, would be just another way to get into fights faster. They have no effect once battle has started, just reduce the time you waste running back veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery sloooooooooooooooooooooooooowly from the closest waypoint. If your main worry is that they can be used to jump over the walls, I am sure these can be solved by preventing special mount skills on enemy territory or near any objective.

> @FogLeg.9354 said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> >

> > lol yeah ignoring the fact that you can glide into towers which destroys any sort of advantage an attacker would gain. plus blue side on ebl is at a disadvantage cuz of this.

>

> If you are aware bugs, glitches and exploits then report them all to Anet and I am sure they will be fixed eventually. The fact is, some bugs has always exist and players just keep finding new ways to break the game, this itself is not indication of how much fun some new feature is. Personally I have not seen Gliding being abused at all, it is just me trying to glide in enemy territory and falling to my death every day.

>

> Mounts, just like gliding, would be just another way to get into fights faster. They have no effect once battle has started, just reduce the time you waste running back veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery sloooooooooooooooooooooooooowly from the closest waypoint. If your main worry is that they can be used to jump over the walls, I am sure these can be solved by preventing special mount skills on enemy territory or near any objective.

Waypoint ownership importance would decrease by the info in your post. Having a WP closer makes it faster to get into the fight. Not having it, or having to run further gives one team time to breathe

> @FogLeg.9354 said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > Waypoint ownership importance would decrease by the info in your post. Having a WP closer makes it faster to get into the fight. Not having it, or having to run further gives one team time to breathe

>

> Yes. Do you see it as a problem?

I do. It would reduce the strategic importance of a tier three keep. Having it only would assist PPT. Defending a keep would have lesser importance in my opinion.

I also saw a problem with not opening the keeps WP when the defend timer ticked down also, but that is a different issue. I guess EWP were put in for that.

I don't know if I am for or against mounts at this point. I am trying to stay open minded about either, and if they are introduced, will try to figure out how to make them a strength for my team and, more importantly, a liability for the other.

> @FogLeg.9354 said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> >

> > lol yeah ignoring the fact that you can glide into towers which destroys any sort of advantage an attacker would gain. plus blue side on ebl is at a disadvantage cuz of this.

>

> If you are aware bugs, glitches and exploits then report them all to Anet and I am sure they will be fixed eventually.

its not a bug, glitch or exploit. the maps weren't designed with gliding in mind. certain keeps/towers have more strategic importance then others (also certain ebg sides have more advantage). it creates an environment where certain objectives don't matter as much. I think that is the opposite direction that anet should be working towards.