Absolutely not buying unless mounts are removed from the game

Metavahn.7293

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Metavahn.7293 said:

> im sorry but if mounts are added into the game it will kill the speed meta and will ruin the fun for many players who liked teleporting ahead of everyone else during meta events

What a shame ... if only you'd posted this last week there would still have been time to rework the whole of PoF. Now you'll have to wait at least until the first patch.

> @Pifil.5193 said:

> This is one of those situations where it's kinda weak if it's a troll post but absolutely hilarious if they're sincere.

Come on...he can't be serious. I can't believe someone really thinks like that. But you're right, it would be hilarious if that's the case. Or sad? Can't decide which one to choose.

:-1: Too bad.

I'm looking forward to finally, finally freeing open world builds from the yoke of mandatory-swiftness to reach events before they're closed, or lumbering around in molasses because it was considered a "balance decision."

My warrior might even swap out Discipline for . . . an elite! Like Spellbreaker!

> @Metavahn.7293 said:

> In no way should a Guardian move as fast as my condi sb thief im sorry but if mounts are added into the game it will kill the speed meta and will ruin the fun for many players who liked teleporting ahead of everyone else during meta events

"Absolutely not buying unless mounts are removed from the game".

Absolutely not buying unless mounts stay in the game.

> @Carighan.6758 said:

> There's a bigger problem you're poking at:

>

> Why do **Asura** cause as much damage with a weapon as **Norn**? One is far larger, wields a larger weapon, and has multiple times the muscle mass. On the flipside, why do Norn dodge as often as Asura, despite being 6x the target area?

>

> I mean come on, this is immersion breaking stuff. Game development 101!

Because balance. Simple as it's not real. So if it's not real, you can do anything. Then no one would want the race if the race is physically weaker, when it's the same class. It's An MMO with imagination. However what if asuras had more physical strength speed and endurance than a norn? Just because ur smaller doesn't mean weaker.

While the reasons the OP argues seems very unreasonable... Mounts will have a nocive effect over traveling speed, IMO.

The impact of Mounts in the opportunity costs when building for open world is not something to laugh at. They will effectively render a lot of speed focused traits, skills and other interesting choices obsolete, and the "battle only" mentality will be rewarded over the "exploration" mentality, without deserving it.