PvP is really unbalanced

onio.6403

How many classes are there in the game? ah 18, how many classes are really viable to play in competitive mode? Maybe 10, 11? and the problem lies above all in the most powerful Scourge and Firebrand ... one as damage and another as support.

the conditions are a problem, as it is possible that I can put me 23 bleeding, poison, confusion, burn and yet the only thing I have to counteract that (in addition to all the damage of clear strokes) is take off these conditions, resistance and regeneration. It is not balanced considering how often you can put these conditions and you remove them. Obviously you do not have to be able to remove all of them but it would be a new umbalanced. I suguiero review the "regeneration" and instead of being a blessing to last "long" can accumulate as bleeding, poison ...

Also the other support classes should be more balanced with respect to firebrand, in theory a revenant with "ventary" and "glint" could exercise a good support but that is not balanced.

> @"onio.6403" said:

> How many classes are there in the game? ah 18, how many classes are really viable to play in competitive mode? Maybe 10, 11? and the problem lies above all in the most powerful Scourge and Firebrand ... one as damage and another as support.

> the conditions are a problem, as it is possible that I can put me 23 bleeding, poison, confusion, burn and yet the only thing I have to counteract that (in addition to all the damage of clear strokes) is take off these conditions, resistance and regeneration. It is not balanced considering how often you can put these conditions and you remove them. Obviously you do not have to be able to remove all of them but it would be a new umbalanced. I suguiero review the "regeneration" and instead of being a blessing to last "long" can accumulate as bleeding, poison ...

> Also the other support classes should be more balanced with respect to firebrand, in theory a revenant with "ventary" and "glint" could exercise a good support but that is not balanced.

Let's not consider the elite specs as classes on their own. 9 classes ingame and only 6 are viable (overpowered): scourges (ofc!), firebrands, spellbreakers, mirages, druids and to a certain extent (spammable unblockable attacks) thieves.

> @"Guizao.4167" said:

> > @"onio.6403" said:

> > How many classes are there in the game? ah 18, how many classes are really viable to play in competitive mode? Maybe 10, 11? and the problem lies above all in the most powerful Scourge and Firebrand ... one as damage and another as support.

> > the conditions are a problem, as it is possible that I can put me 23 bleeding, poison, confusion, burn and yet the only thing I have to counteract that (in addition to all the damage of clear strokes) is take off these conditions, resistance and regeneration. It is not balanced considering how often you can put these conditions and you remove them. Obviously you do not have to be able to remove all of them but it would be a new umbalanced. I suguiero review the "regeneration" and instead of being a blessing to last "long" can accumulate as bleeding, poison ...

> > Also the other support classes should be more balanced with respect to firebrand, in theory a revenant with "ventary" and "glint" could exercise a good support but that is not balanced.

>

> Let's not consider the elite specs as classes on their own. 9 classes ingame and only 6 are viable (overpowered): scourges (ofc!), firebrands, spellbreakers, mirages, druids and to a certain extent (spammable unblockable attacks) thieves.

It's funny that you say you do not consider elite specializations as classes and you just tell me about elite specializations as "viable classes"

> @"onio.6403" said:

> > @"Guizao.4167" said:

> > > @"onio.6403" said:

> > > How many classes are there in the game? ah 18, how many classes are really viable to play in competitive mode? Maybe 10, 11? and the problem lies above all in the most powerful Scourge and Firebrand ... one as damage and another as support.

> > > the conditions are a problem, as it is possible that I can put me 23 bleeding, poison, confusion, burn and yet the only thing I have to counteract that (in addition to all the damage of clear strokes) is take off these conditions, resistance and regeneration. It is not balanced considering how often you can put these conditions and you remove them. Obviously you do not have to be able to remove all of them but it would be a new umbalanced. I suguiero review the "regeneration" and instead of being a blessing to last "long" can accumulate as bleeding, poison ...

> > > Also the other support classes should be more balanced with respect to firebrand, in theory a revenant with "ventary" and "glint" could exercise a good support but that is not balanced.

> >

> > Let's not consider the elite specs as classes on their own. 9 classes ingame and only 6 are viable (overpowered): scourges (ofc!), firebrands, spellbreakers, mirages, druids and to a certain extent (spammable unblockable attacks) thieves.

>

> It's funny that you say you do not consider elite specializations as classes and you just tell me about elite specializations as "viable classes"

Why not 27 classes? Core builds are a thing.

> @"Cyczer.7834" said:

> Elite specs really varies your build and playstyle greatly so I dont see a reason not to count them as different class, when you compare reaper to scourge you talk about entirely 2 different characters, no?

that's 1 end of the spectrum, but then you look at Warrior and Berserker for the other and maybe all 3 aspects of Rev.

Maybe 24 classes if we want to be technical?

I do love how in PvP the characters get more defining roles rather than "zerker".

> @"Cyczer.7834" said:

> Elite specs really varies your build and playstyle greatly so I dont see a reason not to count them as different class, when you compare reaper to scourge you talk about entirely 2 different characters, no?

Gear stats aren't active abilities; Conditions and Direct Damage are just identical instances of untyped damage. Reaper, Scourge and Core Necromancer all serve the same role; one just does it in an objectively superior manner for no particular reason. Just because a class gets a bunch of shiny new baubles to play with doesn't mean that that class suddenly has a unique new role to play in Guild Wars 2 (more often than not, it's the same exact role as always, just powercreeped). The only classes to ever get a new "unique role" in GW2's history has been Mesmer with Chronomancer and Ranger with Druid. Every other specialization addition has just been a redundant addition of an already existing role. What's worse is that these "new play-styles" really aren't any different than the original builds because Chronomancer and Druid both just slap an extra button onto skill bars rather than limiting player options around new mechanics. Draw-backs and limitations are what create play-styles. Adding extra buttons to the same builds is just powercreep and lazy, bloat-generating design.

> @"onio.6403" said:

> > @"Guizao.4167" said:

> > > @"onio.6403" said:

> > > How many classes are there in the game? ah 18, how many classes are really viable to play in competitive mode? Maybe 10, 11? and the problem lies above all in the most powerful Scourge and Firebrand ... one as damage and another as support.

> > > the conditions are a problem, as it is possible that I can put me 23 bleeding, poison, confusion, burn and yet the only thing I have to counteract that (in addition to all the damage of clear strokes) is take off these conditions, resistance and regeneration. It is not balanced considering how often you can put these conditions and you remove them. Obviously you do not have to be able to remove all of them but it would be a new umbalanced. I suguiero review the "regeneration" and instead of being a blessing to last "long" can accumulate as bleeding, poison ...

> > > Also the other support classes should be more balanced with respect to firebrand, in theory a revenant with "ventary" and "glint" could exercise a good support but that is not balanced.

> >

> > Let's not consider the elite specs as **classes on their own**. 9 classes ingame and only 6 are viable (overpowered): scourges (ofc!), firebrands, spellbreakers, mirages, druids and to a certain extent (spammable unblockable attacks) thieves.

>

> It's funny that you say you do not consider elite specializations as classes and you just tell me about elite specializations as "viable classes"

Re-read please.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> There should be at least 1 power, 1 condi and 1 support competitive build for each class. Emphasis on at least.

>

> We are no where close.

We once were somehow close to it, but now...well, it's the farthest galaxy in the visible universe.

> @"Saiyan.1704" said:

> > @"Kraitan.8476" said:

> > Each class has about 1 viable build *except Ele and Rev*.

>

> Fixed.. le kek... even though viability is always subjective :bleep_bloop:

If class has 1 build with acess to power creep momentum or spam based design... it is balanced for Anet ifis what game is designed for to make game simple and easierfor new players and bad ones , wich result in classes have no depth, remember every class will end with everything.

Expect trapper warior with 100b out of stealth, soon.