Are you going to purchase the 3rd expansion?

Alga.6498

i could careless about story.

* 1 MAPS! EXPLORATION! ACHIEVEMENTS! CRAFTING!

* 2 Combat! Events! Dungeons/Fractals! WVW! PvE!

* 3 The Art of the game! The beautiful scenery!

* 4 Guildhall(or personal housing wink wink) Decorations! Treasure hunts!(i wouldn't mind to see quests added to the game but in a new kind of way. Think solo story content in open world meets lore based legendary scavenger hunts. (kinda like archeology in WoW/Tomb Raider) so many coastlines, so many places to add hidden sea caves and not tell anyone :D I always learned alot about lore through questing in WoW but here in GW2 i just want to FFWD thru story content and get to the COMBAT! at least put a skip button in.) =D

* 5 meh... maybe i'll get around to doing story... or some pvp

At least in new maps maybe new expansion if it deals with water --add hidden sea caves or hard to get to with springer caves up in mountains. I can see a fun exploration lore based quests added to the game. Kinda like side quests but also sort of like the precursor journeys. Except you aren't crafting anything you are finding things and learning about the lore of the game as you go. (or just finding things :D ) I wish i was a dev. :D

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Milan.9035" said:

> I spend 95% of my time in pvp and since expansions and pvp releases are now seperate i really dont have the need to buy expansions. I mean i got pof but i am playing hot still since rev is my main and pof made no change.

You get new powers and weapons each expansion though

I play a lot of MMOs.

World of Warcraft is a great game, but i don't want to deal with the gear treadmill, and high barriers to get into pvp and raiding. Also the 15 dollars a month sub.

Black Desert Online has a CRUEL upgrade gear system, extremely high barrier to enter pvp, and PvE is the worst experienced.

Blade and Soul is a very fun game, however the gear treadmill in that game is even worse cause of how fast content is pushed out.

Soulworker is a money hungry greedy game, and expect to spend 50 dollars for the best outfits and they're not even account bound.

I could go on and on with archeage, tera, etc.

Gw2 really has the best model for m e. No subscription, no gear treadmill, no high barriers to enter into endgame content and pvp/wvw, and can buy anything from the gem store with in game currency. And almost everything bought is account bound, and not character bound. I'm sticking with this game till the servers shut down.

***WARNING INCOMING WALL OF TEXT***

My motivations may be somewhat different from everyone else's. While PvP, metas, raiding, all that "mechanical/gameplay" stuff is hugely important for a wide swath of players (and it is to me to a lesser extent), my main motivation is the story.

Speaking for myself, I think what is necessary in a possible 3rd expansion is something of a "soft reboot" focusing far more on story telling and a return to other and often ignored facets of the game.

My ideal scenario is something like this:

After narrowly avoiding worldwide catastrophe by not destroying Kralkatorrik and Aurene (seriously, she IS a dragon with her own motivations) but by putting them back into "stasis" like we did with Primordious and Jormag, we are not only banished from Kryta due to our increasingly irresponsible actions but kicked out of Dragon's Watch as well. Because of this, we find ourselves exiled to Cantha to "find our purpose" again-this time with a great deal more responsibility and caution.

Story-wise, it would focus on some large (though not world ending) threat in which we, by figuring out how to help, would eventually find ourselves back in DW and the good graces of Kryta (though with our reputation and standing largely diminished).

This particular facet of the story would be hugely important if you consider other MMOs in which the PC finds themselves in a similar "commander" role. The PC recieves no real recognition for their actions nor do they suffer consequences. This lack of reward/consequence, in and of itself diminishes the leadership role to being almost negligible and our goals become less and less thoughtful and more and more arrogant and borderline pyschopathic.

Mechanically, there would be less focus on raids and introduce new dungeons which would then lead into raids. Additionally, there would be no new elite specs but rather, in a similar manner as to how we unlock elite specs, we would unlock new playable races such as the Largos and Tengu.

But that's just me and my little rant. Given how much I'm enjoying GW2 over all, I'd be hardpressed to say I wouldn't buy a conceivable 3rd expansion unless it truly was something atrocious which, as Anet has demonstrated to me over two expansions, is not something they're interested in.

I say yes, but with some degree of caution. I loathe the current pace and spammy nature of combat following HoT. Condition spam, boon spam, permanent quickness, overloaded skills that apply too much of everything at once, bad challenge/reward ratio in class choice (why use condi engi when you can play a mindless warrior?), heavy build restriction making many weapons outright useless. Worst of all currently is how detached and uninspired living world has been since late S3; too many soon to be dead maps that all feel disconnected from the game world ruining the feeling of a "living" world.

However, Arenanet know how to deliver the unexpected when it matters, if mounts were not enough of an indicator; thus I have faith that a third expansion will take elements of both HoT and PoF to create the best content yet. On a related note, if anet continues to let the combat quality fall and fails to expand upon the endgame beyond just masteries come next expac, I may just uninstall altogether.

> @"gateless gate.8406" said:

> After that **Twitter disaster**... No. I will wait a year or more and get it on sale. Love the game and want more content, but I will attempt to give Anet the least amount of money necessary at this point.

How do you feel now that strict action was taken?

> @"Irokou.3215" said:

> > @"gateless gate.8406" said:

> > After that **Twitter disaster**... No. I will wait a year or more and get it on sale. Love the game and want more content, but I will attempt to give Anet the least amount of money necessary at this point.

>

> How do you feel now that strict action was taken?

Not only strict but unforgiving and prompt.

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > @"Milan.9035" said:

> > I spend 95% of my time in pvp and since expansions and pvp releases are now seperate i really dont have the need to buy expansions. I mean i got pof but i am playing hot still since rev is my main and pof made no change.

>

>

> You get new powers and weapons each expansion though

Yes we got those in pof and they are not in a usable state. I am in the same place if i purchased pof or if i didnt. Thats why i will be waiting on the release then i will see if i maybe buy it. Or i may forget gw2 by that time. Not much to do now for me.

> @"Robj.6815" said:

> > @"Irokou.3215" said:

> > > @"gateless gate.8406" said:

> > > After that **Twitter disaster**... No. I will wait a year or more and get it on sale. Love the game and want more content, but I will attempt to give Anet the least amount of money necessary at this point.

> >

> > How do you feel now that strict action was taken?

>

> Not only strict but unforgiving and prompt.

I can understand your sentiment (unless I misinterpreted you), but I feel that for Ms. Price it was justified (many feel that to be so) given her consistently unsavory and unprofessional remarks over the months. I do believe that Peter's firing should be re-evaluated though, as that was a little extreme. Please do not allow me to derail this thread over the twitter fiasco, as it is in the past now and done with. With that all said, I liked your above idea for an expansion, though I still enjoy the notion of having more elite specs.

A game that facilitates feels before reels is not a game I deem worthy of my money. To prevent people getting offended the challenges are getting dumbed down so that even 5 year olds will manage to complete them. The new expansion will only serve as a means to negate the previous 2 expansions and that means we would probably gain flyers or something silly like that.

> @"Irokou.3215" said:

> > @"Robj.6815" said:

> > > @"Irokou.3215" said:

> > > > @"gateless gate.8406" said:

> > > > After that **Twitter disaster**... No. I will wait a year or more and get it on sale. Love the game and want more content, but I will attempt to give Anet the least amount of money necessary at this point.

> > >

> > > How do you feel now that strict action was taken?

> >

> > Not only strict but unforgiving and prompt.

>

> I can understand your sentiment (unless I misinterpreted you), but I feel that for Ms. Price it was justified (many feel that to be so) given her consistently unsavory and unprofessional remarks over the months. I do believe that Peter's firing should be re-evaluated though, as that was a little extreme. Please do not allow me to derail this thread over the twitter fiasco, as it is in the past now and done with. With that all said, I liked your above idea for an expansion, though I still enjoy the notion of having more elite specs.

Peter and Jessica went on twitter, identified as ArenaNet employees and went on to call a high profile customer a moron. I don't know about you, but if I were to be doing what either was doing I wouldn't expect to keep my job. Heck, they probably had a damages clause in their contract which means they would be liable and should be happy they didn't get sued (yet).

I like continues story even if it takes longer to make and has more chapters to it. Since Chapter 4 came out, all story feals way to rushed and feals like so mutch has been cut out. I have not been enjoying non of the new story at all so far and have dicided not to even play the new story 4-3 cause of sutch. Even if the new expancion comes out and keeps going the way its going i will not suport it at all. As for the rest of the game ill keep playing it. I still enjoy playing wvw as for it is.

Basicaly i don't cair for expancions or what ever. I cair for a full fleshes out of everything even if it takes longer to develop, and all makes sense.

Been playing Gw since gw1 Factions came out. So yea i would not like it to come out any time soon unless they spend over 3 to 4 years makeing it all good.

Only if they improve the WvW mode, as it is pretty much the only thing I'm playing this game for. PvE, particularly dungeons and raids, and small scale PvP are much better in other games in my opinion and I think this won't change because of some core design choices in GW2.

I also really love the visual world design, which is the grandest portrayal of actual high fantasy I've seen in video games, it's like all the fantasy art almost comes to life here. But in the end that's not really enough to keep me engaged.

And the story? It left me pretty disappointed in the end because they made some calls with which I can't agree, like shelving Destiny's Edge like that, particularly just deleting Zojja and even more so what they did with Eir, who could have been used in so much better ways. But also some others instances like wasting what should have been one of the greatest moments for the Norn, the breaking of the Fang. Which only adds to the greater problem, i.e. this race being pretty much ignored or treated like big humans or just "more or less loveable big oafs".

Actually if the next addon is about them and Jormag (unlikely I guess) and us main Norn players stop getting the shaft that could sway me too.

I probably will. However, I always buy the expansions at least 3-6 months after release so I can get it on sale and they had time to take of the worst bugs. And I don't expect to play through to the next expansion either but take another break of a year or two. The reason is simple, there is not enough content that I enjoy in my casual playstyle to keep playing for more than a few months with a new expansion.

There is effectively a ton of stuff to do in this game but it's generally stuff I choose not to do because it's too tedious or too expensive. For example I am working on finally getting ascended armor via crafting and I am time gated by materials so I can only make a piece every 5 days. Aside from that though, I just crafted the first piece (chest) and that cost me like 80 gold on top of everything else just to make. Presumably that's the most expensive piece but when you play more casually then it's very expensive since I take long breaks. I've given up on the griffon for now cause 250 gold is just something I can't afford at the same time. A lot of collections are also a lot of work or actually very hard to do. For example because of the masteries you need in HoT just to get one item and stuff. Sometimes I'm like ok, let's get this part. And I need to gather something in Auric Basin but then I need a special Mastery and I don't even have the mastery points to get the step before it. So I need to get 18 mastery points...which is a lot of work and probably out of my reach anyway as a casual player. Just an example but there are many things like that, that just make a lot of content I could do but is too prohibitive in cost or accessibility. So in fact a lot of content is out of reach for me, which is a shame. Also replay value is very low in this game for me. I just can't get myself to play more characters through the main stories because of the endless conversations in some and the endless, tedious boss fights in general.

So for that reason I'll be playing for another month or two and then stop till the next expansion is out. I just can't play this game for longer periods of time sadly.

Most likely no

I have bought discounted HoT and PoF in March 2018, and while I am getting some fun out of it, the game has really aged badly:

- PVE feels really grindy (collections, legendary equipment, etc)

- PVP (both SPVP and WVW) are both getting very boring and dying

- Old content recycling is rampant: SAB, now Fot4W/CrownPav

Frankly speaking I think I will be moving to something else very soon :/

• 2 weeks later...