Balance patch

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Karl McLain.5604" said:

> > @"Emtiarbi.3281" said:

> > > @"Karl McLain.5604" said:

> > > Assuming that all goes well and we don't have any unexpected issues, the next balance update is scheduled for February 6th.

> >

> > Are you guys going to give us any sneak peak of the Balance Patch? D:

>

> We are planning PvP/WvW splits, changes to the Confusion condition, regeneration effectiveness prioritization, boon/condition conversion table changes... PLUS MORE!! There are some mesmer changes we're excited about and hope to talk them about in more detail as we draw nearer to the update. Stay tuned!

>

> -Karl

thx from me too for the communication. i am excited about the coming changes :D.

> > > Assuming that all goes well and we don't have any unexpected issues, the next balance update is scheduled for February 6th.

> >

>

> We are planning PvP/WvW splits, changes to the Confusion condition, regeneration effectiveness prioritization, boon/condition conversion table changes... PLUS MORE!! There are some mesmer changes we're excited about and hope to talk them about in more detail as we draw nearer to the update. Stay tuned!

>

> -Karl

I hope Barrier is getting looked into.. used a P/P Deadeye and used Unload 8 times in a row on a Scourge that still had plenty of barrier left over, and did maybe 5% of their actual hit points. This was using Marauder stat gear with Scholar Runes.

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > Thanks Karl, for that information! Please ignore all

> > of the doomsayer, naysayer, woe is me, rude, sarcastic responses. You give people an inch, they take a mile. Keep up the great work!

>

> You must be new ...in that case I can understand your reaction, but allow me to fill you in on the contents of the next "balance" patch:

>

> -More meta defining buffs for warriors- guardian -mesmers : the first is the pet class , the second is the most played in the office and the last....dev bias

> -More nerfs to ele -revenant plus "buffs" that will change absolutely nothing or just buff completely random stuff that nobody uses and will continue to ignore

> -Minor slap on the wrist for necros...nothing big till next expansion where they'll introduce the same aoe condi spammer with different skin

> -Dmg nerfs for engies

> -Minor buffs for ranger...druid will remain the de facto meta...soulbeast won't change

> -Minor nerfs for daredevil...minor dmg buff to deadeye

>

> I will see you in 2 weeks...then you'll see why the players act the way they do now

I am new here actually. About 9 months or so. And I certainly understand the bitterness. But this is the sort of communication the “vets” always asked for and when someone on the Staff communicates, they get flamed for it by the bitter entitled lot. I think its a great step by Anet. Short and informative with just a little bit of excitement. Promote more MATURE, quality communication and you might get more in return. Obviously Im not speaking to you, yourself Arheundel. But in general. I rather like your response to my comment.

> @"Link.1049" said:

> -- hopefully this means you're nuking Mesmer into the ground.

Yes, because that's what balance is about... No wonder people always complain about balance changes no matter if they are good or bad.

PS: Great we got some communication, and I really like the 'previews'. Excited as ever.

> @"Vegeta.2563" said:

> I hope Barrier is getting looked into.. used a P/P Deadeye and used Unload 8 times in a row on a Scourge that still had plenty of barrier left over, and did maybe 5% of their actual hit points. This was using Marauder stat gear with Scholar Runes.

It was just buffed during the last balance patch. It is in a very good condition at the moment. Shouldn't and won't be changed imo.

There are multiple problems with scourge, barrier is definitely not one of them.

> >

>

>

> -Karl

Thank you for the sneak peak. It is very much appreciated. Could you do this for every balance patch? Just the general directions of the patch help alot. And maybe post it in a seperate locked topic to avoid getting flamed directly for being helpful.

Befor anyone says I'm new, so I don't know the balance circle... I play for over 5 years and yes, some balance patches might have missed the mark or were questionable in their intention but that doesn't mean that anet doesn't try to do their best. And sometimes one is biased and don't want to see a needed change as good. I'm guilty of this too sometimes but we are the players and it is only logical to be upset about changes to our favorite playstyle.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> Reg effectiveness?! As long as I can remember reg operated the same way. Never have I seen or heard anyone considering reg to be an over performing boon. Why would you waste resources fixing something that is not remotely an issue when there are million other things that are utterly broken?! Resistance says hello.

The problem with regen is that it prioritizes duration over effectiveness. So, if you are a healing mace guardian or ventari revenant and apply very effective short-duration regen stacks, yours will be overwritten by a chrono with 0 healing power that picked Illusionary Inspiration.

That would be a buff to regen for classes that invest in healing power.

@RabbitUp.8294 , i blame the poor care on the gamedesign for that to happen.

If it is that what Karl ment, its a bit over time, the change, but tks for correcting my worries as i tough it would ment something else.

EDit; i would not mind them to change Shouts o guardian as well to something more distinguisable than boon stacking, maybe this way they could increase the radio of mantras.

> @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> >

> > I really hope it is a large balance patch. Since PoF release there has been no large balance patch and balance has been kitten.

>

> People have literally been complaining NON-STOP that they would rather have several small balance patches than one huge quarterly balance patch. ANet is trying to do that instead, releasing smaller balance patches that will effect the metas in smaller ways, and now people are complaining about that too?

Part of the problem is the last patch was very bad and accomplished none of its stated goals while buffing already over-tuned specs. So even though the last patch was technically not too long ago, it feels longer because of how misguided the 12/2017 "balance" was.

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

>_/snip_

> What did I miss? Feel free to discuss why you agree or disagree with the aforementioned.

> I do warn you, it won’t change a thing whether we talk about it or not.

> Peace.

>

More flashy particle effects to slow older PCs down and bother those with eye issues?

> >

>

>

> -Karl

Now I am nervous. Please don't cripple Mesmer.

> @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> >

> > I really hope it is a large balance patch. Since PoF release there has been no large balance patch and balance has been kitten.

>

> People have literally been complaining NON-STOP that they would rather have several small balance patches than one huge quarterly balance patch. ANet is trying to do that instead, releasing smaller balance patches that will effect the metas in smaller ways, and now people are complaining about that too?

Has there been small patches to fix anything? Beside SB what major balance issues since PoF release that was fixed. I am all for small patches as long as they add up to someting big every quarter. We had neither nor.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > @"Sojourner.4621" said:

> > > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > > @"Karl McLain.5604" said:

> > > > Assuming that all goes well and we don't have any unexpected issues, the next balance update is scheduled for February 6th.

> > >

> > > I really hope it is a large balance patch. Since PoF release there has been no large balance patch and balance has been kitten.

> >

> > People have literally been complaining NON-STOP that they would rather have several small balance patches than one huge quarterly balance patch. ANet is trying to do that instead, releasing smaller balance patches that will effect the metas in smaller ways, and now people are complaining about that too?

>

> Has there been small patches to fix anything? Beside SB what major balance issues since PoF release that was fixed. I am all for small patches as long as they add up to someting big every quarter. We had neither nor.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/14429/game-release-notes-november-7-2017#latest

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/20444/game-release-notes-december-12-2017#latest

Maybe they didn't change any of what you personally thought needed changing, doesn't mean nothing changed and that those two patches since PoF never happened. Fact is that they would mostly have made all of these SAME changes before the change in balance cadence, but you wouldn't have seen any of them period until March. Their ability to do balance patches **well** notwithstanding, you were saying "I'd rather see one big patch instead of three small ones" which is the opposite of what we've been fighting for for five years. Don't take steps backwards... this is a new system and in time it may produce better results, but baby steps here.

> >

>

>

> -Karl

Hi Karl

I hope your team will make decisions based also on feedback on profession sub forums where people generally try to make decent discussion

(in stark contrast to pvp forum) about balance. For example Ele. Arcane Fury change was big blow for us in wvw and pvp and we had even petition about it.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/20792/petition-to-revert-the-arcane-fury-change/p1

We really would appreciate if could take a look.

Thanks for time

> >

>

> We are planning PvP/WvW splits

God, Yeah!

> changes to the Confusion condition

I do still hope that confusion won't work on AA but only on Other skills ( with higher dmg maybe ) and maybe does not have a DOT effect in competitive modes.

> regeneration effectiveness prioritization

Don't know what to expect.

>boon/condition conversion table changes...

Goodbye Scourge Weakness spam ( I hope )

> PLUS MORE!!

Yeah!

> There are some mesmer changes we're excited about and hope to talk them about in more detail as we draw nearer to the update. Stay tuned!

Maybe EM will be reconsider ( or internal GCD 30 sec, as for thief acro passive trait ).

> @"Theros.1390" said:

> Change regen effectiveness prioritization : does it mean increased the healing power scaling ? Or a regen stack, with a shorter duration and 3 stacks max, something like that ?

I think it means if multiple sources/players apply Regenertion to you, the Regeneration of the scource/player with the highest Healing Power will be applied first (=priorized). This means you get the best healing effect at the beginning of the duration.

>boon/condition conversion table changes... PLUS MORE!!

Don't forget about Reaper's already pathetic defense, when you nerf Might->Weakness corruption duration!

the regeneration prioritization is a thing for raids. won't have any effect on PvP

if you have 9 stacks of regen from a guy with 0 healing power, then your healer with 1500 healing power tries to give people regen, it won't be applied because regen is already capped. has been a pain point in raids for a while