Necro needs a weapon that can 1,500 range pewpew

Swagger.1459

I saw this suggestion that a necro needs a weapon that can 1,500 range pewpew and I was intrigued.

Fortunately, the title was accurate and the subject of the post was indeed that necro needs a weapon that can 1,500 range pewpew.

Thinking about it, I agree with the OP. Necro needs a weapon that can 1,500 range pewpew.

Necros are slow and have few defenses. Plus they smell. Nobody wants to get close to them. So it makes sense that necro needs a weapon that can 1,500 range pewpew.

Best wishes :)

This suggestion that a necro needs a weapon that can 1,500 range pewpew has changed my life! Before, I couldn't walk through the aisles at Wal-Mart, graze on the buffet at Sizzler, or even take in a round at my local miniature golf course, without people pointing and saying, "Hey, you're that Zulu guy from Star Wars, aren't you?" Even if I wore sunglasses, I'd still get mistaken for Yoko Ono...

A single-target / small hit-box weapon has been on the Necro wish-list since 2013 but is low priority.

First priority was a power-cleave weapon to allow Necro in dungeons. Reaper may not be good but it is also not completely useless as a power build.

Second priority was better group support and started being addressed with the big Blood Magic rework and continued with barrier to the point where it is not horri-bad anymore.

Third priority was burning for condi pressure. Necro got burning and a whole lot of corruption.

Maybe it is time for a new, ranged dps weapon but, to be honest, axe went to 900 and staff's auto has piercing so I would rather dagger was fixed and scepter had a substitute.

> @"Zoltar MacRoth.7146" said:

> I saw this suggestion that a necro needs a weapon that can 1,500 range pewpew and I was intrigued.

>

> Fortunately, the title was accurate and the subject of the post was indeed that necro needs a weapon that can 1,500 range pewpew.

>

> Thinking about it, I agree with the OP. Necro needs a weapon that can 1,500 range pewpew.

>

> Necros are slow and have few defenses. Plus they smell. Nobody wants to get close to them. So it makes sense that necro needs a weapon that can 1,500 range pewpew.

>

> Best wishes :)

Thank you for such a wonderful reply, and best wishes to you too!

> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> This suggestion that a necro needs a weapon that can 1,500 range pewpew has changed my life! Before, I couldn't walk through the aisles at Wal-Mart, graze on the buffet at Sizzler, or even take in a round at my local miniature golf course, without people pointing and saying, "Hey, you're that Zulu guy from Star Wars, aren't you?" Even if I wore sunglasses, I'd still get mistaken for Yoko Ono...

>

My goal on the forums is to change lives for the better! Thank you for sharing your story!

> @"Aktium.9506" said:

> necro getting long range hammer

>

> desmina uses one in wing 5, it's foreshadowing

But shes not using long range attacks.i would like to see a good dps spec. Without shroud, that gets access to more mobility, being a good melee dps weapon.

Making f* skills just improve the next weapon skill u use.

> @"UnDeadFun.5824" said:

> Rifle/Longbow just don't fit.

Because longbow fitted guardian? A sword fit an elementalist or an engineer? Double dagger fit warrior (probably the most ridiculous up to now)?

In guild wars 2 anything fit. If I had to chose between rifle and longbow (and I'm pretty sure both can fit), I'd say rifle fit pretty well as a long range weapon for the necromancer, using cursed bullets or whatever necro like that you'll shot from afar to disable your foe. Even "deadeye" would have been a fitting e-spec name for a necromancer.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"UnDeadFun.5824" said:

> > Rifle/Longbow just don't fit.

>

> Because longbow fitted guardian? A sword fit an elementalist or an engineer? Double dagger fit warrior (probably the most ridiculous up to now)?

>

> In guild wars 2 anything fit. If I had to chose between rifle and longbow (and I'm pretty sure both can fit), I'd say rifle fit pretty well as a long range weapon for the necromancer, using cursed bullets or whatever necro like that you'll shot from afar to disable your foe. Even "deadeye" would have been a fitting e-spec name for a necromancer.

>

>

Actually to me Longbow fit quite naturally to Guardian. A sword fit quite naturally to any spell caster like a battle mage. Sword on Engineer does not. Double Dagger on Warrior, yes it fits. Warrior is suppose to be a Master of Arms. I like the rifle on Warrior and Thief. If they did it right I might like it on Necro too.

**Land spear is still on my wish list.**

A shadowy land spear with 1200 to 1500 range interests me.

Skill 1 could be throwing a shadow javelin for higher single-target power dps. It would be a 100% projectile finisher but does not pierce, follow, or hit more than one target. Speed and frequency are the same as bow AA skills.

Skill 2 could launch a flurry of 5 shadow spears. Each shadow spear would steal one boon and do a moderate amount of damage.

Skill 3 could launch 4 shadow spears in a ground-targeted, 240x240 square. The square would set a smoke field for 3 sec. Up to 3 enemies caught in the square will be knocked down for 1 sec. Every 0.5 sec, for 3 sec, 1 boon will be corrupted on each of up to 3 enemies.

Skill 4 could could drop a ground-targeted spear, like a banner, on top of the target that does direct damage, binds for 2 sec, and draws 3 conditions from the Necro and up to 4 allies within a 240 radius and transfers them to the target.

Skill 5 could be a 1500-range, high-damage, projectile attack that includes a ferocity bonus and knockback that strengthens inversely with distance.

I don't want hammer on necro to be a ranged weapon, more like burnisher style with dodges, blocks, leaps. Like Archdiviner from fractals who already is a necro/revenant using hammer.

Staff should be reworked completely and the skillset redesigned. Key elements should stay (elements of condi transfer and control) but apart from that it needs to be a better dps ranged weapon.

> @"mazut.4296" said:

> Necro need another fast hitting melee weapon. I say hammer or mace.

If it had to be a fast hitting melee weapon, I'd prefer sword. Sword could have a faster auto attack and maybe some movement like a leap or blink on second or third weapon skill(turn into spirit, wraith, swarm of locust flying to target etc ..).

> @"UnDeadFun.5824" said:

> > @"mazut.4296" said:

> > Necro need another fast hitting melee weapon. I say hammer or mace.

>

> If it had to be a fast hitting melee weapon, I'd prefer sword. Sword could have a faster auto attack and maybe some movement like a leap or blink on second or third weapon skill(turn into spirit, wraith, swarm of locust flying to target etc ..).

sword is just boring...