Since the Awakened are here then.... (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

Rikimaru.7890

Yeah while I was defending Queensdale from Awakened near Shaemoor Garrison I saw some Centaurs nearby and so I said to myself: "They should stop being hostile during this event and instead help us fight them." **And then it hits me that maybe that is what will happen with another episode of LW4.**

If you don't know already, Joko has no mercy for them, so it would make sense to for the Centaurs and Humans to put their war aside and team up to fight Joko side by side.

Even more so we now know from LW3 that it was Caudecus' plot all along to throw Humans and Centaurs into war. With that knowledge and the fact Centaurs hate Joko far more than any Human it should be possible for an allegiance to be formed even if temporary.

Thoughts?

Would the Krytan Centaurs know much about Joko and any cleansing that occurred in Elona? They strike me as a rather primitive race who may not have much Worldly knowledge or of the history of their own race.

It's an interesting idea though. I did like seeing fights between different factions occur in PoF - it was a nice touch

It's a great idea, and could at least get a nod by having the centaurs hostile to the Awakened like we see in other mobs (eg you can kite a hydra onto forged and it seems to merrily burn them along with melting your face).

The thing is this is a slightly weird situation. The maps are frozen in time, so Queensdale is technically set when the Hero of Shaemoor first shows up, years before Joko arrives. Yet we get current events slipped into the time bubble, such as the bandit invasions and now the Awakened assault. It can be quite jarring, such as the continued war between humans and centaurs over the bridge in Kessex even as the landscape melted around them thanks to the Tower in the lake during the height of the Toxic Alliance attacks. The Krytan centaurs may be in their own slice of time even if that makes things very odd for the players.

> @"Rikimaru.7890" said:

> Yeah while I was defending Queensdale from Awakened near Shaemoor Garrison I saw some Centaurs nearby and so I said to myself: "They should stop being hostile during this event and instead help us fight them." **And then it hits me that maybe that is what will happen with another episode of LW4.**

> If you don't know already, Joko has no mercy for them, so it would make sense to for the Centaurs and Humans to put their war aside and team up to fight Joko side by side.

> Even more so we now know from LW3 that it was Caudecus' plot all along to throw Humans and Centaurs into war. With that knowledge and the fact Centaurs hate Joko far more than any Human it should be possible for an allegiance to be formed even if temporary.

> Thoughts?

I say we show the Centaurs no mercy, we use them as meat to feed out armies.

Or more likely, the centaurs will adopt the concept of "the enemy of my enemy is also my enemy" and not ally themselves with Krytans.

Also to note: Caudecus didn't throw humans and centaurs into a war, btw. Yes, Caudecus had Ulgoth's family killed, but Ulgoth was [already bent on revenge against humans and norn](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Seraph_Soldier#Historical_dialogue) for the [modniir's near extinction 250 years ago](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Service:_In_Defense_of_the_Eye). However, the Harathi were fighting humans even before then. [As early as 300 AE](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Centaur_War), in fact.

Caudecus only worked shady deals with centaurs while edging on their hatred, thinking along the lines of "we can finish them off with ease after the crown is mine".

On top of the fact that Harathi and Modniir (possibly Tamini too) have been fighting Krytans for centuries years already, the centaurs are low on places they can call home. The modniir are losing land to Jormag and the norn; Harathi lost land to the drying of the Maguuma, and Kryta's further spread after Zhaitan's rise, and the Tamini losing their nomadic land to the same of the latter (Krytan's expansion to escape Zhaitan's reach). Though Zhaitan and Mordremoth are now dead, and Krytans are not spreading further, the centaurs don't have a lot of land options and that's the main cause of their war (and in fact, the start of the war - as it began when Elonians had spread Krytans further north).

So only the promise of land is likely to get centaurs to cease fighting. But even then, long standing hatred with humans as it is.