World Restructuring

Gaile Gray.6029

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Likely the right move especially for people who represent different guilds. I love my PvE guild and hated their choice / reasoning for jumping servers in WvW so i joined a guild specific for WvW and choosing would suck. You want to fix WvW try monitoring behavior and trends first, so many issues; cross server spies who pull ewp, servers that team up, mount mastery cost etc.

Being Ranked #1 needs to be earned & come at a cost.

I think it would be easier & more straight forward if they did this instead of Alliances:

1) Remove the current match-up system, but keep a system for World Ranking.

2) Assign each World server a "single map" to defend - (Single BL or a Single unit of Multiple maps owned by the same server).

3) Let players pick any three "server owned maps" to fight on weekly.

4) During the week show players the top three enemies attacking their "home owned maps".

5) Finally only reward players when they fight on a map or an enemy map that is "Ranked Higher or Equal to" their home map.

Simple mechanics is the best way to go...

Simple mechanics like this will allow us to have a never ending cycle of healthy competition between ALL servers...(not just a few)...in the long term.

Healthy competition can be thought of as two sides of a coin...

1) Ideas are like cream, good ones rise to the top.

2) What goes up...must come down.

We need a simple & straight forward solution...imho

Yours truly,

Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

> @"Rod.6581" said:

> I feel ashamed now. I will tell of my great shame to my grandchildren while they continue awaiting for any update on this.

There should be a WvW game mode funeral where all servers siege cap EBG with golems, free open stonemist, and a three-way server truce per match up. Everyone in all matchups who get into EBG jump off the top floor.

For greater participation, jump off the highest point in home Garrison if EBG has a queue.

That way, we can all mourn the death of the game mode together.

this would never happen, but it'd be pretty funny if everyone did and it was captured in a video montage

> @"acdspydar.8920" said:

> > @"Rod.6581" said:

> > I feel ashamed now. I will tell of my great shame to my grandchildren while they continue awaiting for any update on this.

>

> There should be a WvW game mode funeral where all servers siege cap EBG with golems, free open stonemist, and a three-way server truce per match up. Everyone in all matchups who get into EBG jump off the top floor.

>

> For greater participation, jump off the highest point in home Garrison if EBG has a queue.

>

> That way, we can all mourn the death of the game mode together.

>

>

this would never happen, but it'd be pretty funny if everyone did and it was captured in a video montage

There actually was a bug one reset years ago where every server was friendly to each other and all spawned at the citadel waypoint, wvw got shut down pretty quickly and it was fixed but it was quite funny.

> @"szshou.2193" said:

> > @"acdspydar.8920" said:

> > > @"Rod.6581" said:

> > > I feel ashamed now. I will tell of my great shame to my grandchildren while they continue awaiting for any update on this.

> >

> > There should be a WvW game mode funeral where all servers siege cap EBG with golems, free open stonemist, and a three-way server truce per match up. Everyone in all matchups who get into EBG jump off the top floor.

> >

> > For greater participation, jump off the highest point in home Garrison if EBG has a queue.

> >

> > That way, we can all mourn the death of the game mode together.

> >

> >

>

> There actually was a bug one reset years ago where every server was friendly to each other and all spawned at the citadel waypoint, wvw got shut down pretty quickly and it was fixed but it was quite funny.

I remember that, we were like "wayment..."

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > @"Rod.6581" said:

> > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > they simply should season reset wvw. it solves everything

> >

> > Hmmm, not sure it really solves big issues we had for years...

>

> it would however reduce tiers and fill each server with a decent enough population. =)

Will it help with skill lag we are experiencing with big fights?

> @"Rod.6581" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > @"Rod.6581" said:

> > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > they simply should season reset wvw. it solves everything

> > >

> > > Hmmm, not sure it really solves big issues we had for years...

> >

> > it would however reduce tiers and fill each server with a decent enough population. =)

>

> Will it help with skill lag we are experiencing with big fights?

lesser servers to host? yes.

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > @"Rod.6581" said:

> > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > @"Rod.6581" said:

> > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > they simply should season reset wvw. it solves everything

> > > >

> > > > Hmmm, not sure it really solves big issues we had for years...

> > >

> > > it would however reduce tiers and fill each server with a decent enough population. =)

> >

> > Will it help with skill lag we are experiencing with big fights?

>

> lesser servers to host? yes.

At this point I doubt that. But! I hope some miracle do happen and you are correct so we end up with no skill lag. :)

> @"Daxia.1425" said:

> Wauw, it's already been 18 months? Would be nice to hear an update from Anet.

> @"Frye.4608" said:

> Way to string people along for a few years. Very clever. And profitable.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/61986/world-restructuring-update-2/p1

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/61986/world-restructuring-update-2/p1

Two updates in that time. And it’s been 18 months.

Now that being said, it may be years or never before it happens.

Just trying to keep the discourse factual.