One WvW guild per account

Chaba.5410

McKenna wrote:

"We plan to track stats like play hours in WvW, commander time and squad size, time of day, and participation levels. "

Given that players will only be able to choose one WvW guild per account, the statistics will be skewed for a bit for players with multiple WvW guilds. It is very likely you will need to take current guild membership into account when looking at play hours and make some adjustments to account for guild splits, subtracting hours.

For example, I have one main WvW account and two main WvW guilds that rally at different times. I use a single WvW account for both guilds. But it is very likely that the two guilds will end up on different teams and thus halve the total play hours on the main WvW account. I know I'm not the only player who rallies with more than one WvW guild and will be affected like this.

> @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > Which will likely make the first 8 week period kind of a cluster. But the second 8 weeks SHOULD be more accurate.

>

> Right. The first 8 weeks will be unbalanced due to skewed play hours. :)

As much as I don't like the system as proposed, it's coming.

For it to work though, people need to be somewhat patient until it shakes out some.

I'm sure plenty of hardcore WvWers have multiple accounts. But I'm sure that number is dwarfed by amount of people who play WvW on only one account. Equally, I'm sure plenty of people WvW with multiple guilds today and that number is also dwarfed by those who primarily play with only one.

Of course the OP is going to be affected by this change more so than some and of course that's disruptive. But I think it's probably better for the game overall to not worry about this sort of example overly much.

The main thing is: nearly everyone who plays WvW is going to have to learn to adapt to the new system. We think we know what we like now... we'll have to see how much that changes for us at launch and for months after.

> @"ham.8209" said:

> coming from some one who is not interested in wvw at all . hope they make the need changes to the crafting system and so forth as well as make it more easy to tell what server does not do wvw and what server does do lots of wvw. more so now than it has been in the games past

What servers? Once this change hits servers are no longer a thing so... what’s the point of this post?

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> I'm sure plenty of hardcore WvWers have multiple accounts. But I'm sure that number is dwarfed by amount of people who play WvW on only one account. Equally, I'm sure plenty of people WvW with multiple guilds today and that number is also dwarfed by those who primarily play with only one.

>

> Of course the OP is going to be affected by this change more so than some and of course that's disruptive. But I think it's probably better for the game overall to not worry about this sort of example overly much.

>

> The main thing is: nearly everyone who plays WvW is going to have to learn to adapt to the new system. We think we know what we like now... we'll have to see how much that changes for us at launch and for months after.

Since one of the aspects of the algorithm is wvw play time, I suspect alt accounts will be used less than they are now.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> The main thing is: nearly everyone who plays WvW is going to have to learn to adapt to the new system.

That is not the main thing of this thread. The main thing is that the system will create unbalanced teams due to overvalued play hours that won't be accurate after guild splits. It isn't a result of multiple accounts. It is a result of players using their one account to play in multiple guilds on a single server today. Not all those guilds will end up on the same teams. The adaptation for this needs to occur at the initial team formation when moving to the new system.

> @"Chaba.5410" said:

> McKenna wrote:

>

> "We plan to track stats like play hours in WvW, commander time and squad size, time of day, and participation levels. "

>

> Given that players will only be able to choose one WvW guild per account, the statistics will be skewed for a bit for players with multiple WvW guilds. It is very likely you will need to take current guild membership into account when looking at play hours and make some adjustments to account for guild splits, subtracting hours.

>

> For example, I have one main WvW account and two main WvW guilds that rally at different times. I use a single WvW account for both guilds. But it is very likely that the two guilds will end up on different teams and thus halve the total play hours on the main WvW account. I know I'm not the only player who rallies with more than one WvW guild and will be affected like this.

Ask those two guilds to make an alliance. Then no matter which one you pick as your main WvW guild to get assigned that one's world, the other one will be in the same world as the one you pick. As long as they're allied.

> @"ham.8209" said:

> > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > @"ham.8209" said:

> > > coming from some one who is not interested in wvw at all . hope they make the need changes to the crafting system and so forth as well as make it more easy to tell what server does not do wvw and what server does do lots of wvw. more so now than it has been in the games past

> >

> > What servers? Once this change hits servers are no longer a thing so... what’s the point of this post?

>

> then PLEASE tell me and us all how is it we all be able to tell what server does not do wvw

> and what server does wvw . at this rate the way it is putting off wvw is more easy but yet pain filled

> when you pve only and not wanting to deal with the wvw peeps :p :p

>

> btw think they will change the gift of battle too as well and make it more easy to get from not doing wvw at all ???? :o

Again Servers will be removed from WvW, might want to read the restructuring, every 8 weeks the Community gets reshuffled into different communities. So again there will be no servers in WvW, it will be essentially random if you aren’t designated in a WvW Guild. Again read the World Restructuring thread it is quite informative and concise.

The GoB Stated by anet time and again will mainly be accessible in WvW, just like how you can’t get the GoE from PvP or WvW, but hey if you never want to step foot outside of Spawn in WvW to get a GoB you can do that it’s actually quite easy to do, so easy a kindergartner can do it.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > McKenna wrote:

> >

> > "We plan to track stats like play hours in WvW, commander time and squad size, time of day, and participation levels. "

> >

> > Given that players will only be able to choose one WvW guild per account, the statistics will be skewed for a bit for players with multiple WvW guilds. It is very likely you will need to take current guild membership into account when looking at play hours and make some adjustments to account for guild splits, subtracting hours.

> >

> > For example, I have one main WvW account and two main WvW guilds that rally at different times. I use a single WvW account for both guilds. But it is very likely that the two guilds will end up on different teams and thus halve the total play hours on the main WvW account. I know I'm not the only player who rallies with more than one WvW guild and will be affected like this.

>

> Ask those two guilds to make an alliance. Then no matter which one you pick as your main WvW guild to get assigned that one's world, the other one will be in the same world as the one you pick. As long as they're allied.

I think you misunderstood when I wrote that it is very likely that the two guilds will end up on different teams. Yes, an alliance would do as you say, but that requires there to be interest in being in the same alliance. This is, of course, why I have another account, but it means that the playhours for both accounts are wrong.

> @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > > McKenna wrote:

> > >

> > > "We plan to track stats like play hours in WvW, commander time and squad size, time of day, and participation levels. "

> > >

> > > Given that players will only be able to choose one WvW guild per account, the statistics will be skewed for a bit for players with multiple WvW guilds. It is very likely you will need to take current guild membership into account when looking at play hours and make some adjustments to account for guild splits, subtracting hours.

> > >

> > > For example, I have one main WvW account and two main WvW guilds that rally at different times. I use a single WvW account for both guilds. But it is very likely that the two guilds will end up on different teams and thus halve the total play hours on the main WvW account. I know I'm not the only player who rallies with more than one WvW guild and will be affected like this.

> >

> > Ask those two guilds to make an alliance. Then no matter which one you pick as your main WvW guild to get assigned that one's world, the other one will be in the same world as the one you pick. As long as they're allied.

>

> I think you misunderstood when I wrote that it is very likely that the two guilds will end up on different teams. Yes, an alliance would do as you say, but that requires there to be interest in being in the same alliance. This is, of course, why I have another account, but it means that the playhours for both accounts are wrong.

Well, unless you've been doing some skulduggery :wink: If you're an active member in both, there shouldn't be a reason why they wouldn't want to ally.

> @"ham.8209" said:

> > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > @"ham.8209" said:

> > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > @"ham.8209" said:

> > > > > coming from some one who is not interested in wvw at all . hope they make the need changes to the crafting system and so forth as well as make it more easy to tell what server does not do wvw and what server does do lots of wvw. more so now than it has been in the games past

> > > >

> > > > What servers? Once this change hits servers are no longer a thing so... what’s the point of this post?

> > >

> > > then PLEASE tell me and us all how is it we all be able to tell what server does not do wvw

> > > and what server does wvw . at this rate the way it is putting off wvw is more easy but yet pain filled

> > > when you pve only and not wanting to deal with the wvw peeps :p :p

> > >

> > > btw think they will change the gift of battle too as well and make it more easy to get from not doing wvw at all ???? :o

> >

> > Again Servers will be removed from WvW, might want to read the restructuring, every 8 weeks the Community gets reshuffled into different communities. So again there will be no servers in WvW, it will be essentially random if you aren’t designated in a WvW Guild. Again read the World Restructuring thread it is quite informative and concise.

> >

> > The GoB Stated by anet time and again will mainly be accessible in WvW, just like how you can’t get the GoE from PvP or WvW, but hey if you never want to step foot outside of Spawn in WvW to get a GoB you can do that it’s actually quite easy to do, so easy a kindergartner can do it.

>

> :p :p :p :p :p :p :p at this point all i or any one can say for sure this is going to be one hell of a mess till the answers come !!

> other hope is they make it more easy in telling what dang server does not do wvw at all and what one does .

> yup big can of worms but much need . mean time got to get more popcorn and salads for this . think it be a big party just hope the answers we all look for do not get so easy lost ;) ;) :o :p :p

Looks like it needs to be said extremely slowly.

There.

Will.

Be.

No.

More.

Servers.

So if there are no servers what does the jumbled lack of grammar that is quoted trying to say?

Go read the answers provided in the thread World Restructuring, remover Servers get deleted and no one will be on a server so there is no WvW server or Not a WvW Server, simple common sense.

Side note gr8b8m8.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > > > McKenna wrote:

> > > >

> > > > "We plan to track stats like play hours in WvW, commander time and squad size, time of day, and participation levels. "

> > > >

> > > > Given that players will only be able to choose one WvW guild per account, the statistics will be skewed for a bit for players with multiple WvW guilds. It is very likely you will need to take current guild membership into account when looking at play hours and make some adjustments to account for guild splits, subtracting hours.

> > > >

> > > > For example, I have one main WvW account and two main WvW guilds that rally at different times. I use a single WvW account for both guilds. But it is very likely that the two guilds will end up on different teams and thus halve the total play hours on the main WvW account. I know I'm not the only player who rallies with more than one WvW guild and will be affected like this.

> > >

> > > Ask those two guilds to make an alliance. Then no matter which one you pick as your main WvW guild to get assigned that one's world, the other one will be in the same world as the one you pick. As long as they're allied.

> >

> > I think you misunderstood when I wrote that it is very likely that the two guilds will end up on different teams. Yes, an alliance would do as you say, but that requires there to be interest in being in the same alliance. This is, of course, why I have another account, but it means that the playhours for both accounts are wrong.

>

> Well, unless you've been doing some skulduggery :wink: If you're an active member in both, there shouldn't be a reason why they wouldn't want to ally.

Don't know what kind of guilds you play in... One is a fights guild and the other is more a social guild. They have different reasons for playing, different times they play at, and different goals for WvW - which is precisely the reason I'm in both guilds. The only reason to take up slots in an alliance is because they share one or two members? If one isn't interested in being in any alliance and wants to experience changes every 8 weeks while the other will most likely ally with other guilds that share a larger portion of their rosters, how does that work?

> @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > > > > McKenna wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > "We plan to track stats like play hours in WvW, commander time and squad size, time of day, and participation levels. "

> > > > >

> > > > > Given that players will only be able to choose one WvW guild per account, the statistics will be skewed for a bit for players with multiple WvW guilds. It is very likely you will need to take current guild membership into account when looking at play hours and make some adjustments to account for guild splits, subtracting hours.

> > > > >

> > > > > For example, I have one main WvW account and two main WvW guilds that rally at different times. I use a single WvW account for both guilds. But it is very likely that the two guilds will end up on different teams and thus halve the total play hours on the main WvW account. I know I'm not the only player who rallies with more than one WvW guild and will be affected like this.

> > > >

> > > > Ask those two guilds to make an alliance. Then no matter which one you pick as your main WvW guild to get assigned that one's world, the other one will be in the same world as the one you pick. As long as they're allied.

> > >

> > > I think you misunderstood when I wrote that it is very likely that the two guilds will end up on different teams. Yes, an alliance would do as you say, but that requires there to be interest in being in the same alliance. This is, of course, why I have another account, but it means that the playhours for both accounts are wrong.

> >

> > Well, unless you've been doing some skulduggery :wink: If you're an active member in both, there shouldn't be a reason why they wouldn't want to ally.

>

> Don't know what kind of guilds you play in... One is a fights guild and the other is more a social guild. They have different reasons for playing, different times they play at, and different goals for WvW. The only reason to take up slots in an alliance is because they share one or two members? If one isn't interested in being in any alliance and wants to experience changes every 8 weeks while the other will most likely ally with other guilds that share larger portion of their rosters, how does that work?

I only play in one guild, my guild... I'm old-school.

Well, unless it's some super-serious alliance, that wants to rule the world and that has every slot taken and every player accounted for. Then there shouldn't be an inconvenience for them to join you up. And honestly. There's a thread for these questions, why don't you post in that one?

PS: I already did ask something akin to what you want. Maybe if you ask it again they'll answer.

> @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > > McKenna wrote:

> > >

> > > "We plan to track stats like play hours in WvW, commander time and squad size, time of day, and participation levels. "

> > >

> > > Given that players will only be able to choose one WvW guild per account, the statistics will be skewed for a bit for players with multiple WvW guilds. It is very likely you will need to take current guild membership into account when looking at play hours and make some adjustments to account for guild splits, subtracting hours.

> > >

> > > For example, I have one main WvW account and two main WvW guilds that rally at different times. I use a single WvW account for both guilds. But it is very likely that the two guilds will end up on different teams and thus halve the total play hours on the main WvW account. I know I'm not the only player who rallies with more than one WvW guild and will be affected like this.

> >

> > Ask those two guilds to make an alliance. Then no matter which one you pick as your main WvW guild to get assigned that one's world, the other one will be in the same world as the one you pick. As long as they're allied.

>

> I think you misunderstood when I wrote that it is very likely that the two guilds will end up on different teams. Yes, an alliance would do as you say, but that requires there to be interest in being in the same alliance. This is, of course, why I have another account, but it means that the playhours for both accounts are wrong.

Choose one guild as your main, replace the other for the next 8 weeks with a temp. It is ok to make new friends.

But realize that the best alliances will probably try to create coverage across timezones and not just blob a single window of a couple hours. So in your scenario those 2 guilds really should consider being in an alliance.

On the flip side of the coin, your choice may be made for you by guild leaders that will be culling their rosters to take only the most dedicated ones. Our guild leader decided he didn't want to continue commanding as we head into this brave new world, so our guild was disbanded. RIP [Grim] on Maguuma.

> @"Wandrer.8173" said:

> Total crap this system. Players without guilds or fun guilds or with guilds with real life friends are totally forgotten by this system, so back to the planing.

**Players without guilds** - you will be assigned to a world in WvW, just continue your solo roam. Nothing changed, just more people in map to fight along side with.

*Fun guilds(RP guilds?) - tbh this is something new and I just heard about it. Players join into WvW and start talking doom prophets in map chat? I am very interested to know, serious.*

**with guilds with real life friends** - why not? (Not trying to offend) If a WvW guild leader is smart, they can create a dummy guild for recruitment for the alliance? At least from my understanding of the system it is possible.

• Your guild (xXx)

• Friends in other guild (yYy)

• WvW guild (zZz) in the alliance of 5 other guilds (ABCD)

By declaring/marking **zZz** as the WvW guild, both of you will be under the same world while representing **xXx** and **yYy** respectively. *(You do not need to represent the WvW guild, you just need to declare which)*

No system is perfect in any game tbh, players will always find fault or create ways to exploit.

> @"Sylvyn.4750" said:

> On the flip side of the coin, your choice may be made for you by guild leaders that will be culling their rosters to take only the most dedicated ones. Our guild leader decided he didn't want to continue commanding as we head into this brave new world, so our guild was disbanded. RIP [Grim] on Maguuma.

WHAT? Really? Damn, wow. Sorry to hear that.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Chaba.5410" said:

> McKenna wrote:

>

> "We plan to track stats like play hours in WvW, commander time and squad size, time of day, and participation levels. "

>

> Given that players will only be able to choose one WvW guild per account, the statistics will be skewed for a bit for players with multiple WvW guilds. It is very likely you will need to take current guild membership into account when looking at play hours and make some adjustments to account for guild splits, subtracting hours.

>

> For example, I have one main WvW account and two main WvW guilds that rally at different times. I use a single WvW account for both guilds. But it is very likely that the two guilds will end up on different teams and thus halve the total play hours on the main WvW account. I know I'm not the only player who rallies with more than one WvW guild and will be affected like this.

Your play time will only apply to the guild you select as your WvW guild. You can only select one guild per account. If you play with multiple account then the play time of each account would be applied to the guild that was selected on that account.

This would in effect mean if you have one account and play with two different guilds the total play time for the account will be applied to the guild that you pick. If you are saying that your play time will change as a result of not being able to join your other rally then it will take some time to adjust to your new play hours.

> @"Raymond Lukes.6305" said:

> > @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > McKenna wrote:

> >

> > "We plan to track stats like play hours in WvW, commander time and squad size, time of day, and participation levels. "

> >

> > Given that players will only be able to choose one WvW guild per account, the statistics will be skewed for a bit for players with multiple WvW guilds. It is very likely you will need to take current guild membership into account when looking at play hours and make some adjustments to account for guild splits, subtracting hours.

> >

> > For example, I have one main WvW account and two main WvW guilds that rally at different times. I use a single WvW account for both guilds. But it is very likely that the two guilds will end up on different teams and thus halve the total play hours on the main WvW account. I know I'm not the only player who rallies with more than one WvW guild and will be affected like this.

>

> Your play time will only apply to the guild you select as your WvW guild. You can only select one guild per account. If you play with multiple account then the play time of each account would be applied to the guild that was selected on that account.

>

> This would in effect mean if you have one account and play with two different guilds the total play time for the account will be applied to the guild that you pick. If you are saying that your play time will change as a result of not being able to join your other rally then it will take some time to adjust to your new play hours.

The fix for playing with the people you are playing with now would be to put both of your guilds into the same alliance. As long as the guild leaders allow that to happen then your guilds will always be together and you can play with all your friends. It doesn't matter which guild you rep because you can rep any guild you want, even one that's not in an alliance. All that matters to play together is for you to either all be in the same guild, or have your guilds in alliances... and I think at a lower level friend lists and such might apply but that's up to the dev to answer.

As for your play hours... they are YOUR play hours regardless of what guild you are repping. It doesn't matter how many guilds you have, you can still only play x amount of hours as one person right? regardless of which guild you rep. If ANet is looking at the time you play in WvW to have that time applied to the guild you have marked as your WvW guild for some sort of metrics then I can see a bit of concern here... but not much to in my way of thinking.

After all is said and done the key to making sure that the time you spend in WvW goes basically to 'all' of your guilds is to get them all into the same alliance. Yes it appears that the time would be applied, for metrics, to the WvW selected guild... but with your other guilds in the alliance they wouldn't become excluded at next season relinking.

I'll let Raymond correct me if any of my assumptions are wrong :)

Cheers.

> @"Raymond Lukes.6305" said:

> If you are saying that your play time will change as a result of not being able to join your other rally then it will take some time to adjust to your new play hours.

That is correct. If it is going to take some time to adjust for each account, initial stats will be wrong. I can't be the only one. I guess you have a single week to get more correct stats when guild/alliances are frozen in the week before a season.

> @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > @"Raymond Lukes.6305" said:

> > If you are saying that your play time will change as a result of not being able to join your other rally then it will take some time to adjust to your new play hours.

>

> That is correct. If it is going to take some time to adjust for each account, initial stats will be wrong. I can't be the only one. I guess you have a single week to get more correct stats when guild/alliances are frozen in the week before a season.

Almost as if maybebthe first season should be 4 weeks which would minimize how potentially skewed that first grouping could be.

You aren't alone in this play style.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > > @"Raymond Lukes.6305" said:

> > > If you are saying that your play time will change as a result of not being able to join your other rally then it will take some time to adjust to your new play hours.

> >

> > That is correct. If it is going to take some time to adjust for each account, initial stats will be wrong. I can't be the only one. I guess you have a single week to get more correct stats when guild/alliances are frozen in the week before a season.

>

> Almost as if maybebthe first season should be 4 weeks which would minimize how potentially skewed that first grouping could be.

>

> You aren't alone in this play style.

Or that. Some sort of "burn in" season, like a "qualifying round".