Guild Wars 2 for Linux

> @"YaoMitachi.2397" said:

> With Gallium Nine enabled and with the CSMT patches, I get pretty good performance with my RX 580. I bought the base game a couple years ago before I switched fully to Linux, but didn't play it much until now. Glad I gave it another chance.

>

> However... since I'm sticking to "No Tux, No Bux" I won't be buying any expansions or gems for now. If official Linux support were offered, I would! Since you've got the game working with OpenGL now (in your new Mac client) there's one less barrier to making a Linux version. I know there's not a lot of us, but I bet a lot of people would be willing to use Linux if GW2 supported it!

With my older PC using WINE with current staging version and CSMT and some stuff tweaked it runs better than this same PC did when I tested it with WIndows 7 just to see...

I know it isn 't perfect but it works. You won't get what you want sitting around waiting and hoping they turn out what you want.

I had this same choice and decided just to deal with it and keep enjoying the new content. Your protest is falling on deaf ears I am sorry to say and I would appreciate a native linux client as well. I won't let that get in the way of my enjoyment. Thankfully I also derive enjoyment from solving PC and OS issues :)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short answer: there will never be official support for Linux. It is open source and has a trillion more factors influencing the performance and usability. However, there are very valid ways to get gw2 working on Linux. They are as good as you would get from an ‘official’ Linux version. I’m not against Linux. I’m actually a great fan. It is just open source and therefore all over the place. There is a Linux distribution that runs off a floppy disk. So what would be the minimum OS requirements? What drivers should you use? It is just too much to grasp in clean standards.

While I use linux as a primary desktop, I also have a windows machine to play games and use other other windows exclusive apps. While it might be nice to have every app on Linux, it isn't going to happen.

For GW2, it is probably even more problematic, since there are very frequent updates. So aside from the initial effort of a port, there is the ongoing effort of building every new update, doing tests on it, etc. If there was enough proven revenue, they might do that (if they knew they could get $1 million sales by doing so). But realistically, the amount of new sales for a linux port is probably quite small. Most people would be like me - already having bought the game for windows, or like others, using wine to run the game.

> @"Cobrakon.3108" said:

> Speaking of which, hows the wine version lately?

That would depend are you just comparing it with older versions of WINE? If so it works better than it use to but I generally don't have issues with it. Sometimes I find when I install another version or or it updates i have to delete some links to libraries but it isn't all that bad and I don't have real issues with it.

If you are comparing it to Windows I can't speak to that as I don't use Windows and don't run GW2 in windows.

One could install windows in a virtual machine on linux. But then you are still using windows (which some people on linux do not want to do) and paying for a windows license. Also, to what degree the different VM solutions do a reasonable job of supporting DirectX/other graphics acceleration may be limited.

> @"Solvar.7953" said:

> One could install windows in a virtual machine on linux. But then you are still using windows (which some people on linux do not want to do) and paying for a windows license. Also, to what degree the different VM solutions do a reasonable job of supporting DirectX/other graphics acceleration may be limited.

>

You are right on about that. I use GW2 in Linux because I do not want to use windows at all. On another box I have here that I use as a test bed for Linux experimenting and other virtualization I do have a win7 VM going for testing. I realized today I have not used it in a year :) I will be deleting it next time I make a base image for this setup.

There are options and as another poster said there is no need or desire by most people using linux to install windows let alone "native" whatever you mean by that. What would be the purpose of an install of one OS over top of another in this case in a way that would not even function unless one was removed. The act of installing windows over your linux box means windows just smashed its bootloader in your face rather than a linux based one line say grub2, and formatted your drive thus removing linux... which would be a sad day :)

For those not wanting to muck around in cli with WINE use PlayOnLinux or a similar app to assist you in the setup. There are a few guides online and overall with POL it is pretty stable at this point and I have used that as well for GW2 with good success most of the time.

MS can keep their OS and I don't mind loosing performance (in game because it performs (using Debian and openSuse Tumbleweed currently)wonderful overall as an OS) to not be under their yoke. Try it out and have some fun learning something and solving problems. Or don't.

Disclaimer: Before you start reading the wall of text: I'm a Linux user for over 3 years and have been playing GW2 under Wine just as long. Although I like Linux over Windows, I'm not a "fanboy". I just dislike where Windows was heading with Win10 and wanted something more customizable.

For those mentioning the Mac port, it kinda feels that ANet was forced rather than willing to do it. At the beginning the wrapped version was ok'ish however as the game evolved it got worse and worse, another thing to bear in mind is that macOS will only support 64bit programs as of this year, thus making the 32bit version useless. Enough about Mac, let's pass on the Linux part.

An official port will most likely never happen, simply put there isn't enough demand and ANet may not even have enough resources. Unfortunately I don't see this changing in the near future. **Note: ** The closest chance would be if they make a Vulkan renderer for the Windows version and then we'd have an almost 1:1 Windows experience. For example - Doom 2016 is a great example of what Vulkan can do.

Your Average System Requirements (Due to the overhead from Wine, they are slightly higher than Windows, here's what you can expect):

- Most modern Linux distros from 2014 onwards (haven't tested anything older.)

- A 2nd Generation intel i5 or AMD Ryzen 1400 (or better CPU)

- 8GB Ram

- For Nvidia: GTX 760 or better (I own a 760, 960 and 1060, game behaves the same with all 3 despite one stronger than the other).

- For AMD: An R9 or better GPU should do, AMD also have access to Wine Nine which performs better than Nvidia (haven't ran any tests personally).

Wine Requirements:

- For Nvidia cards: **Wine Staging 2.0** is a must, any higher version results in a performance loss of well over 15+ FPS.

- For AMD Cards: With **Wine Gallium Nine** the performance is better as it runs closer to native DX9 performance and using modern versions don't have that performance loss the above Nvidia + Wine Staging 2.0 has.

Onto the game itself:

Stability: Overall it's very stable, in all of my 3 gaming systems, I don't get any crashes and can play uninterrupted for hours. The longest I've personally gone was 11 hours a few months ago, and 7 hours today in WvW (without restarting the game). This is a very positive thing for Linux users, especially considering all the horror crash stories users report here regularly.

Performance: The game performs very well on medium settings (with shadows turned off), I found a very good balance between nice details and good performance and stuck with it ever since. I play a bit of everything PvE, PvP and WvW. Have finished all 3 game main stories. Frame rates depend on the situation but in most areas are about 40-60 and enclosed areas such as dungeons even 75+. WvW is an exception as it tends to drop to 13-20 depending on the player amount but of course this is to be expected but still doable.

Closing comments (Also a Tl:DR):

Despite there not being any official support for Linux users, the game is very playable, from my observations even better than Mac. I hope this helps anyone get an idea of the state of GW2 on Linux :-)

> @"jbrother.1340" said:

> With my older PC using WINE with current staging version and CSMT and some stuff tweaked it runs better than this same PC did when I tested it with WIndows 7 just to see...

>

> I know it isn 't perfect but it works. You won't get what you want sitting around waiting and hoping they turn out what you want.

>

> I had this same choice and decided just to deal with it and keep enjoying the new content. Your protest is falling on deaf ears I am sorry to say and I would appreciate a native linux client as well. I won't let that get in the way of my enjoyment. Thankfully I also derive enjoyment from solving PC and OS issues :)

There's a hell of a lot of content in the base game. If I get through as much of it as I want, and there's still no plan to make a Linux version, I'll be OK with that, I'm not protesting. I just wanted to express my support for the idea. I'm not spending money on a game that doesn't support my platform, as they could unintentionally break the game for Wine users at any time without warning or recourse. Understandably, since they're not testing for Wine users. There's SO MANY great games on Linux nowadays, I'm not depending on ArenaNet for a fun time on this machine. I just think it'd be nice if they joined in, too.

> @"YaoMitachi.2397" said:

> > @"jbrother.1340" said:

> > With my older PC using WINE with current staging version and CSMT and some stuff tweaked it runs better than this same PC did when I tested it with WIndows 7 just to see...

> >

> > I know it isn 't perfect but it works. You won't get what you want sitting around waiting and hoping they turn out what you want.

> >

> > I had this same choice and decided just to deal with it and keep enjoying the new content. Your protest is falling on deaf ears I am sorry to say and I would appreciate a native linux client as well. I won't let that get in the way of my enjoyment. Thankfully I also derive enjoyment from solving PC and OS issues :)

>

> There's a hell of a lot of content in the base game. If I get through as much of it as I want, and there's still no plan to make a Linux version, I'll be OK with that, I'm not protesting. I just wanted to express my support for the idea. I'm not spending money on a game that doesn't support my platform, as they could unintentionally break the game for Wine users at any time without warning or recourse. Understandably, since they're not testing for Wine users. There's SO MANY great games on Linux nowadays, I'm not depending on ArenaNet for a fun time on this machine. I just think it'd be nice if they joined in, too.

of course I cannot predict the future anymore than you can but as their track record has shown they have no interest in this at all. My guess is there will never be a linux client at all.

It would be nice if they would of course as you say but they won't. It isn't a matter of joining anything. They created a windows based game that is their prerogative. As the various data really shows not that many people are playing this game on linux and ultimately it is a relation of cost to effort for them. I doubt they would really gain in that way much for the expense on their end and that is just the way most business runs :)

If they ever get one out I will be happy to test it out.

> @"blambidy.3216" said:

> Can’t lunix install windows natively? I thought that was the reason to get lunix?

No u cant, even if u use GPU passtrough wich is a pain to setup on some distros and with some hardware... from the Host to the client u might get banned from games.

"WARNING: GPU passthrough and VAC: Competitive gamers playing on servers protected by Valve Anti-Cheat may want to think twice before setting something like this up as their primary gaming machine, as VAC may detect it’s running in a VM and ban you.

Reports I’ve heard indicate that this is only a problem on CounterStrike: Global Offensive servers (as of 2017-04-29), but it could potentially become an issue for other VAC-protected games in the future."

**Source:**https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/2997/guild-wars-2-for-linux#latest

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > Can’t lunix install windows natively? I thought that was the reason to get lunix?

>

> No u cant, even if u use GPU passtrough wich is a pain to setup on some distros and with some hardware... from the Host to the client u might get banned from games.

>

> "WARNING: GPU passthrough and VAC: Competitive gamers playing on servers protected by Valve Anti-Cheat may want to think twice before setting something like this up as their primary gaming machine, as VAC may detect it’s running in a VM and ban you.

>

> Reports I’ve heard indicate that this is only a problem on CounterStrike: Global Offensive servers (as of 2017-04-29), but it could potentially become an issue for other VAC-protected games in the future."

>

> **Source:**https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/2997/guild-wars-2-for-linux#latest

Um that’s a lie about Linux not installing windows. I’ve seen videos on people installing windows from Linux. I’ve also seen the steam Linux machine rigged to use windows. And they work fine. But idk bout the whole thing your talking about the anti cheat thing. Making Linux to windows is not cheating.

Juust like makin mac to windows isn’t.

U should really look it up.

> @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > > Can’t lunix install windows natively? I thought that was the reason to get lunix?

> >

> > No u cant, even if u use GPU passtrough wich is a pain to setup on some distros and with some hardware... from the Host to the client u might get banned from games.

> >

> > "WARNING: GPU passthrough and VAC: Competitive gamers playing on servers protected by Valve Anti-Cheat may want to think twice before setting something like this up as their primary gaming machine, as VAC may detect it’s running in a VM and ban you.

> >

> > Reports I’ve heard indicate that this is only a problem on CounterStrike: Global Offensive servers (as of 2017-04-29), but it could potentially become an issue for other VAC-protected games in the future."

> >

> > **Source:**https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/2997/guild-wars-2-for-linux#latest

>

> Um that’s a lie about Linux not installing windows. I’ve seen videos on people installing windows from Linux. I’ve also seen the steam Linux machine rigged to use windows. And they work fine. But idk bout the whole thing your talking about the anti cheat thing. Making Linux to windows is not cheating.

>

> Juust like makin mac to windows isn’t.

>

> U should really look it up.

>

You have:

- WINE (Wine Is Not a Emulator), wich is a container of layers to execute **some windows programs**, still somewhat limited performance, GW1 runs excellent. https://www.winehq.org/

- Dual boot

- VM's

- KVM/QEMU, you can get "vm's runing baremetall on the hardware", then you can add gpu passtrough on it, theres a 10-15% performance lost with this scheme but it is dangerous still some games read it as vm's.

THis usually needs 2 gpus, one for each OS, and sometimes 2 monitors.

(edit: when u said install windows on linux, i read 1st has install on OS directly inside linux as a program, i was like wtf is wrong with this guy :D kek ), then i noted you are mentioning win programs :bleep_bloop:

> @"ArmoredVehicle.2849" said:

> Despite there not being any official support for Linux users, the game is very playable, from my observations even better than Mac. I hope this helps anyone get an idea of the state of GW2 on Linux :-)

Thanks for the detailed post. I hope it helps other Linux users looking to play GW2 via WINE.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > > > Can’t lunix install windows natively? I thought that was the reason to get lunix?

> > >

> > > No u cant, even if u use GPU passtrough wich is a pain to setup on some distros and with some hardware... from the Host to the client u might get banned from games.

> > >

> > > "WARNING: GPU passthrough and VAC: Competitive gamers playing on servers protected by Valve Anti-Cheat may want to think twice before setting something like this up as their primary gaming machine, as VAC may detect it’s running in a VM and ban you.

> > >

> > > Reports I’ve heard indicate that this is only a problem on CounterStrike: Global Offensive servers (as of 2017-04-29), but it could potentially become an issue for other VAC-protected games in the future."

> > >

> > > **Source:**https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/2997/guild-wars-2-for-linux#latest

> >

> > Um that’s a lie about Linux not installing windows. I’ve seen videos on people installing windows from Linux. I’ve also seen the steam Linux machine rigged to use windows. And they work fine. But idk bout the whole thing your talking about the anti cheat thing. Making Linux to windows is not cheating.

> >

> > Juust like makin mac to windows isn’t.

> >

> > U should really look it up.

> >

>

> You have:

> - WINE (Wine Is Not a Emulator), wich is a container of layers to execute **some windows programs**, still somewhat limited performance, GW1 runs excellent. https://www.winehq.org/

>

> - Dual boot

>

> - VM's

>

> - KVM/QEMU, you can get "vm's runing baremetall on the hardware", then you can add gpu passtrough on it, theres a 10-15% performance lost with this scheme but it is dangerous still some games read it as vm's.

> THis usually needs 2 gpus, one for each OS, and sometimes 2 monitors.

>

> (edit: when u said install windows on linux, i read 1st has install on OS directly inside linux as a program, i was like kitten is wrong with this guy :D kek ), then i noted you are mentioning win programs :bleep_bloop:

XD. I know it’s not the same as native yet but so far using Windows os on lunix PCs works. Not as stable as it should, but it’s what us Mac users get also sadly. However so far when I did read about lunix installing windows, a lot have been successful. Now I never used lunix machine before so I honestly don’t know the difference in speed details after installing it. Or how much windows program will eat up on your computer.

But I do agree. I wish gw2 was universal to have more gamers on to play with. But console is scratched out. And I honestly don’t know if ANet is considering lunix to make a client for them.

A few more things.

**Which Distro Should ANet target?**

Debian based (Ubuntu + variants, Mint and other derivatives) and Arch based (Antergos, Manjaro) are possibly the most popular among gamers.

Most devs that post screenshots tend to work with Ubuntu, as for the company 'Feral Interactive' they use Fedora = The end result is that their games / ports work on most distros regardlessly. I'd personally go with Debian or Ubuntu, it's easily the most popular and after all they have to choose a distro anyway.

> @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > @sorudo.9054 said:

> > Both mac and windows are official products, there are way to many linux versions and none of them official.

>

> As far as I know. The reason why companies make windows first because it's the most complicated system, and it has the most variety of computer systems.

While true there are many Linux flavors, most programs are compatible with each other. I think an appropriate reason why companies target Windows first is because it's the most popular and naturally the best for profit. Mac is popular and there's just 1 however you don't see most "AAA" companies releasing their games on it, same position as Linux here, not being very popular. From my point of view, Mac is even worse than Linux for gaming and it might fall in 3rd position as far as PC gaming goes.

**Porting to Linux is hard**

I've heard this somewhere, I think the best answer to this is "it depends". You will find a company that releases a cross-platform game without too much problems, while another has trouble, what went wrong? Most of the common answers are "The Engine doesn't support Linux", "Middleware not available on Linux" and of course lack of experience.

This was an issue a few years ago true. But now we have modern technologies such as Vulkan, a cross platform graphics library. If ANet were to upgrade the engine to a Vulkan renderer it would hit 2 birds with 1 stone, better performance for Windows (7, 8, 10) users and the rendering pipeline for Linux at the same time.

Many engines in general also supporting Linux, with Unity being the best of them, Unreal 4 is slowly getting there and CryEngine is also showing signs of interest. Things are slowly moving forward and while we may not see GW2 on Linux, some MMO's are starting to support it.

> @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > > @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > > > > Can’t lunix install windows natively? I thought that was the reason to get lunix?

> > > >

> > > > No u cant, even if u use GPU passtrough wich is a pain to setup on some distros and with some hardware... from the Host to the client u might get banned from games.

> > > >

> > > > "WARNING: GPU passthrough and VAC: Competitive gamers playing on servers protected by Valve Anti-Cheat may want to think twice before setting something like this up as their primary gaming machine, as VAC may detect it’s running in a VM and ban you.

> > > >

> > > > Reports I’ve heard indicate that this is only a problem on CounterStrike: Global Offensive servers (as of 2017-04-29), but it could potentially become an issue for other VAC-protected games in the future."

> > > >

> > > > **Source:**https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/2997/guild-wars-2-for-linux#latest

> > >

> > > Um that’s a lie about Linux not installing windows. I’ve seen videos on people installing windows from Linux. I’ve also seen the steam Linux machine rigged to use windows. And they work fine. But idk bout the whole thing your talking about the anti cheat thing. Making Linux to windows is not cheating.

> > >

> > > Juust like makin mac to windows isn’t.

> > >

> > > U should really look it up.

> > >

> >

> > You have:

> > - WINE (Wine Is Not a Emulator), wich is a container of layers to execute **some windows programs**, still somewhat limited performance, GW1 runs excellent. https://www.winehq.org/

> >

> > - Dual boot

> >

> > - VM's

> >

> > - KVM/QEMU, you can get "vm's runing baremetall on the hardware", then you can add gpu passtrough on it, theres a 10-15% performance lost with this scheme but it is dangerous still some games read it as vm's.

> > THis usually needs 2 gpus, one for each OS, and sometimes 2 monitors.

> >

> > (edit: when u said install windows on linux, i read 1st has install on OS directly inside linux as a program, i was like kitten is wrong with this guy :D kek ), then i noted you are mentioning win programs :bleep_bloop:

>

> XD. I know it’s not the same as native yet but so far using Windows os on lunix PCs works. Not as stable as it should, but it’s what us Mac users get also sadly. However so far when I did read about lunix installing windows, a lot have been successful. Now I never used lunix machine before so I honestly don’t know the difference in speed details after installing it. Or how much windows program will eat up on your computer.

>

> But I do agree. I wish gw2 was universal to have more gamers on to play with. But console is scratched out. And I honestly don’t know if ANet is considering lunix to make a client for them.

>

Mac users use bootcamp and parellels wich is way better than anything else users have on linux side, plus mac os has access to amazing professional tools nativelly, for example u cant install some adobe products on linux nor via WINE/Crossover they will not run, even not all tools from Microsoft office will run as well, theres alot of things that will not run, then theres the part of the DLL tweaking wich sometimes is a try and error thing.

Linux should be about safety i discourage any use of WINE on my computers.

This is an old example but it happens if the user dont pay atention, but recent 2016/2017 stuff infects it as well, its more than enough to make your pc a botnet slave, or digital currency farmer or open a few backdoors, if uc are about security.

https://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2007-January/053719.html

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > > > > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > > > > > @"blambidy.3216" said:

> > > > > > Can’t lunix install windows natively? I thought that was the reason to get lunix?

> > > > >

> > > > > No u cant, even if u use GPU passtrough wich is a pain to setup on some distros and with some hardware... from the Host to the client u might get banned from games.

> > > > >

> > > > > "WARNING: GPU passthrough and VAC: Competitive gamers playing on servers protected by Valve Anti-Cheat may want to think twice before setting something like this up as their primary gaming machine, as VAC may detect it’s running in a VM and ban you.

> > > > >

> > > > > Reports I’ve heard indicate that this is only a problem on CounterStrike: Global Offensive servers (as of 2017-04-29), but it could potentially become an issue for other VAC-protected games in the future."

> > > > >

> > > > > **Source:**https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/2997/guild-wars-2-for-linux#latest

> > > >

> > > > Um that’s a lie about Linux not installing windows. I’ve seen videos on people installing windows from Linux. I’ve also seen the steam Linux machine rigged to use windows. And they work fine. But idk bout the whole thing your talking about the anti cheat thing. Making Linux to windows is not cheating.

> > > >

> > > > Juust like makin mac to windows isn’t.

> > > >

> > > > U should really look it up.

> > > >

> > >

> > > You have:

> > > - WINE (Wine Is Not a Emulator), wich is a container of layers to execute **some windows programs**, still somewhat limited performance, GW1 runs excellent. https://www.winehq.org/

> > >

> > > - Dual boot

> > >

> > > - VM's

> > >

> > > - KVM/QEMU, you can get "vm's runing baremetall on the hardware", then you can add gpu passtrough on it, theres a 10-15% performance lost with this scheme but it is dangerous still some games read it as vm's.

> > > THis usually needs 2 gpus, one for each OS, and sometimes 2 monitors.

> > >

> > > (edit: when u said install windows on linux, i read 1st has install on OS directly inside linux as a program, i was like kitten is wrong with this guy :D kek ), then i noted you are mentioning win programs :bleep_bloop:

> >

> > XD. I know it’s not the same as native yet but so far using Windows os on lunix PCs works. Not as stable as it should, but it’s what us Mac users get also sadly. However so far when I did read about lunix installing windows, a lot have been successful. Now I never used lunix machine before so I honestly don’t know the difference in speed details after installing it. Or how much windows program will eat up on your computer.

> >

> > But I do agree. I wish gw2 was universal to have more gamers on to play with. But console is scratched out. And I honestly don’t know if ANet is considering lunix to make a client for them.

> >

>

> Mac users use bootcamp and parellels wich is way better than anything else users have on linux side, plus mac os has access to amazing professional tools nativelly, for example u cant install some adobe products on linux nor via WINE/Crossover they will not run, even not all tools from Microsoft office will run as well, theres alot of things that will not run, then theres the part of the DLL tweaking wich sometimes is a try and error thing.

>

> Linux should be about safety i discourage any use of WINE on my computers.

> This is an old example but it happens if the user dont pay atention, but recent 2016/2017 stuff infects it as well, its more than enough to make your pc a botnet slave, or digital currency farmer or open a few backdoors, if uc are about security.

> https://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2007-January/053719.html

paying attention is what any linux users should be doing. If you want to just be a slave install MS apps and their OS. If you want to use linux to any power that it actually has you have to be in control and learn how to protect yourself. I have seen nasty stuff happen to Windows PC's that were clean that became infected by viruses that were coming from a linux box that itself was not being affected by the same virus. One has to be in control of their own gear and setup or someone else will be.

Wine is not a risk, the risk comes from doing things you are not certain about with it in ways you don't understand.

> @"Apskritimas.6859" said:

> Hey,

>

> as we know there's a Mac port of Guild Wars 2. It would be great to see a Linux port in the future. I believe there are many people who uses Linux as their main OS.

>

> Please discuss. We need your support.

Ye, when is it coming out for the [ZX Spectrum](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZX_Spectrum "ZX Spectrum")?! SUCH A WAIT!

Just to let you know, I have created a guild for users of unix-like operating systems - _[unix] Penguins And The Like_

The aim is to gather (not only) Linux users to help each other with troubleshooting, share useful information or just to have a good time. I have a mumble server ready as well, for those who like to speak while playing. It is open for anybody really, but if you use Linux, BSD, Hurd, or anything Unix-like, it is a big bonus. All current members are from Europe.

If you wish to join, and I hope you do, let me know ingame :)

I am not sharing the mumble server address here, for obvious reasons. You can find it in MOTD after joining the guild.