Not bad Anet, not bad

JahCool.3812

This is the first time I can remember being pleased with a Mesmer change. My class paid a steep price for it in the nerfs to Alacrity. **The fear is that there'll be some crippling nerf to Mesmer again in the near future.**

At least for the moment I don't have to count the scourges to see who the match winner will be.

> @"Meteor.3720" said:

> > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > My class paid a steep price for it in the nerfs to Alacrity.

>

> :#

> This is pvp forum, not pve.

>

> The fact that you're happy with the changes kinda shows they didn't go far enough.

> Need nerf to elusive mind and toning down phantasms asap.

First, I play a core PU Mesmer, ( though I own both expansions. ) So, Elusive mind isn't a factor in my personal impression.

The phantasm damage is really pretty in line, considering that they now attack once, instead of being open ended. **A very good argument can be made that this was actually a nerf to phantasms..** Though I concede that it applies mostly to raids.

For the rest, Mesmer is a class that requires situational awareness and *thinking* to play against. That doesn't make it OP. Our damage is finally coming up to where it should be.

> @"Funkyshit.9126" said:

> guys in case you didnt understand holosmith in nerfed quite big . no more cleanse for holo and it is a melee class. at least druid wont ruin the game as scourge did( scourge will still be on top of the game)

Anti-corrosion plating with hard light arena maybe? I don't know anything about holosmith but if you can go anticorrosion plating/purity of purpose/holosmith you'd end up with one of the best condition-removing fields in the game, completely delete condi pressure for any of your friends standing in a massive area for 12 seconds.

Looking at the top rated holosmith build on Metabattle you could probably switch Alchemy for Inventions and do pretty nicely.

> @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > Druid will rule this patch together with holosmith.

>

> or druid/mesmer are gonna rule this patch together because you know 6-8 clones/phatasma isn't OP on a power spec right? LoLs

I don't see how holo can lose to power mes. The stability alone makes their burst setup irrelevant, and the massive pbaoe destroys any clones immediately.

ANET LOGIC:

Scourge is completely broken for conquest designed maps (where people are forced to fight on red circles of death), made much worse by letting people class swap before a match begins (stacking OP classes).

Firebrand offers great team support, but that support makes Scourges even better.

NERF Firebrand to the ground so they either play bunker or reroll (who likes team fights anyways?). Don't address any of the core Scourge problems in PvP, but instead,make their red circles of death blink (I already knew to get the hell out of the red circles) and make their conditions negligibly worse.

GG

> NERF Firebrand to the ground so they either play bunker or reroll (who likes team fights anyways?). Don't address any of the core Scourge problems in PvP, but instead,make their red circles of death blink (I already knew to get the hell out of the red circles) and make their conditions negligibly worse.

>

> GG

Scourge is a free kill for any deadeye with zero counterplay.

> @"Marxx.5021" said:

> > NERF Firebrand to the ground so they either play bunker or reroll (who likes team fights anyways?). Don't address any of the core Scourge problems in PvP, but instead,make their red circles of death blink (I already knew to get the hell out of the red circles) and make their conditions negligibly worse.

> >

> > GG

>

> Scourge is a free kill for any deadeye with zero counterplay.

>

Deadeye is a free kill for any class who has mediocre mobility.

> @"pah.4931" said:

> ANET LOGIC:

>

> Scourge is completely broken for conquest designed maps (where people are forced to fight on red circles of death), made much worse by letting people class swap before a match begins (stacking OP classes).

>

> Firebrand offers great team support, but that support makes Scourges even better.

>

> NERF Firebrand to the ground so they either play bunker or reroll (who likes team fights anyways?). Don't address any of the core Scourge problems in PvP, but instead,make their red circles of death blink (I already knew to get the hell out of the red circles) and make their conditions negligibly worse.

>

> GG

Yeah you knew to get out of red circles, but if a good scourge placed a shade under you and pop all instacasts for 8 condis in barely 1 second there was nothing you could do.

Now you have finally a way to counter play it, and scourge is still present, it just requires a bit more brain to use instead of clicking all F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 in succession spamming them.

> @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > @"Meteor.3720" said:

> > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > My class paid a steep price for it in the nerfs to Alacrity.

> >

> > :#

> > This is pvp forum, not pve.

> >

> > The fact that you're happy with the changes kinda shows they didn't go far enough.

> > Need nerf to elusive mind and toning down phantasms asap.

>

> First, I play a core PU Mesmer, ( though I own both expansions. ) So, Elusive mind isn't a factor in my personal impression.

>

Doesn't mean Elusive Mind shouldn't get nerfed.

> The phantasm damage is really pretty in line, considering that they now attack once, instead of being open ended. **A very good argument can be made that this was actually a nerf to phantasms..** Though I concede that it applies mostly to raids.

>

That applies only to raids. Maybe silver tier pvp. Phantasm damage is still too strong given the way it interacts with shatter combos in pvp.

> For the rest, Mesmer is a class that requires situational awareness and *thinking* to play against. That doesn't make it OP.

Core PU Mesmer requires no situational awareness or thinking to play against because it's so useless. Especially in conquest pvp.

But no one has ever suggested Mirage is OP because some builds require awareness or thinking - no class should be braindead to play or play against. What makes them OP is their frequent burst ability (condi or power) combined with their ease of disengage and invulnerability when they make mistakes.

> Our damage is finally coming up to where it should be.

/facepalm. Nice joke. Yeah, mesmer has been lacking damage in pvp for agessssssssss.

> @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > @"Meteor.3720" said:

> > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > My class paid a steep price for it in the nerfs to Alacrity.

> >

> > :#

> > This is pvp forum, not pve.

> >

> > The fact that you're happy with the changes kinda shows they didn't go far enough.

> > Need nerf to elusive mind and toning down phantasms asap.

>

> First, I play a core PU Mesmer, ( though I own both expansions. ) So, Elusive mind isn't a factor in my personal impression.

>

> The phantasm damage is really pretty in line, considering that they now attack once, instead of being open ended. **A very good argument can be made that this was actually a nerf to phantasms..** Though I concede that it applies mostly to raids.

>

> For the rest, Mesmer is a class that requires situational awareness and *thinking* to play against. That doesn't make it OP. Our damage is finally coming up to where it should be.

I remember whne the game launched and we were all pvping, I thought mesmer could never be esports. It's based off confusion of the opponent which imo is not skill at all but rather cheap. After playing against so many though I learned there were counterable and predictable, but lately the design of mes has been so obliterated and mashed with some really insane mechanics that it feels like I'm fighting an NPC with constant invuln and crazy burst. Like fighting Liadri for the first time lol.

I know I get used to mes, as every thief must, I know everyone likes to shit on thief but it does take a lot of situational awareness to survive as one of us. I've had to deal with the condi cancers longer than any other class. I just want mes brought back down to what they used to be, they were actually enjoyable to fight it, now they just seem like they are there only to ruin my fun.

That isn't just mesmer either.. invlun is a plague to pvp imo we need to slow things back down and bring everything back in line to one big update, not nearly to the crazy bunker days but they should be relevant as should dps and support and it shouldn't make too much of a difference if one team is missing 1 out of 3. AoE needs to be brought down immensely like GW1 design levels. AoE should be rare, but effective. It shouldn't be tied to instants, or take up the entire circle in which we are entrenched.

/endanotherrant

> @"Rukia.4802" said:

> > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > @"Meteor.3720" said:

> > > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > > My class paid a steep price for it in the nerfs to Alacrity.

> > >

> > > :#

> > > This is pvp forum, not pve.

> > >

> > > The fact that you're happy with the changes kinda shows they didn't go far enough.

> > > Need nerf to elusive mind and toning down phantasms asap.

> >

> > First, I play a core PU Mesmer, ( though I own both expansions. ) So, Elusive mind isn't a factor in my personal impression.

> >

> > The phantasm damage is really pretty in line, considering that they now attack once, instead of being open ended. **A very good argument can be made that this was actually a nerf to phantasms..** Though I concede that it applies mostly to raids.

> >

> > For the rest, Mesmer is a class that requires situational awareness and *thinking* to play against. That doesn't make it OP. Our damage is finally coming up to where it should be.

>

> I remember whne the game launched and we were all pvping, I thought mesmer could never be esports. It's based off confusion of the opponent which imo is not skill at all but rather cheap. After playing against so many though I learned there were counterable and predictable, but lately the design of mes has been so obliterated and mashed with some really insane mechanics that it feels like I'm fighting an NPC with constant invuln and crazy burst. Like fighting Liadri for the first time lol.

>

> I know I get used to mes, as every thief must, I know everyone likes to kitten on thief but it does take a lot of situational awareness to survive as one of us. I've had to deal with the condi cancers longer than any other class. I just want mes brought back down to what they used to be, they were actually enjoyable to fight it, now they just seem like they are there only to ruin my fun.

>

> That isn't just mesmer either.. invlun is a plague to pvp imo we need to slow things back down and bring everything back in line to one big update, not nearly to the crazy bunker days but they should be relevant as should dps and support and it shouldn't make too much of a difference if one team is missing 1 out of 3. AoE needs to be brought down immensely like GW1 design levels. AoE should be rare, but effective. It shouldn't be tied to instants, or take up the entire circle in which we are entrenched.

>

> /endanotherrant

I play a D/P thief in PvE, She was my first toon. *Mesmer was a practically free kill to thief for years.* Having said that, thieves are still a real fear. That Basi backstab.

I can beat about half the Mirages I meet on PU Mesmer. They have a real tendency to blow everything instantly. Once that happens, you're looking at a sitting duck. **Most of the Mirages I'm seeing are all bluster. Those who aren't are skilled enough that they'd be a serious threat with or without Mirage evade.** Also, note that Mirage is mostly a Melee spec, it suffers badly in a ranged fight. The pew pew spec Deadeye can down a Mirage fast. Like any Mesmer, the key to fighting a Mirage is to stay calm.

To your comments on GW1; Most of the AOE there needs an additional snare to make it really work. ( This is part of what made Scourge so nasty, the cripple snare.) The AOE tends to affect small areas and can be evaded. GW2 AOE is, by and large, over a larger area *and damages significantly faster.* You can stand in a Firestorm for a few seconds, You can't do that near a Sand Shade.

I queue'd for PvP in GW1 and was told "Get some experience in PvE first." So I did... in fact I'm on my way to the Ring of Fire to try to finish up my Legendary Guardian after checking forums.

> @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > Druid will rule this patch together with holosmith.

>

> or druid/mesmer are gonna rule this patch together because you know 6-8 clones/phatasma isn't OP on a power spec right? LoLs

and people said i was being paranoid that this patch would increase the passive mesmer gameplay, it just shortened the effect, i think i am gona delete my ghaurdian after 6 years and bee a good lamer like Anet want us to be, and play classes that ANet dev's play only.

Still need to figure out how some players are 1 hit KO other players with mesmer on WvW(happens more often).

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > > @"Razor.6392" said:

> > > Druid will rule this patch together with holosmith.

> >

> > or druid/mesmer are gonna rule this patch together because you know 6-8 clones/phatasma isn't OP on a power spec right? LoLs

>

> and people said i was being paranoid that this patch would increase the passive mesmer gameplay, it just shortened the effect, i think i am gona delete my ghaurdian after 6 years and bee a good lamer like Anet want us to be, and play classes that ANet dev's play only.

>

> Still need to figure out how some players are 1 hit KO other players with mesmer on WvW(happens more often).

It's not a "1 hit" KO. It only looks like that because you set up with vulnerability and / or conditions before delivering the big shatter punch. ( Ideally. ) Players often miss the fact that they are in trouble until the shatter hits.