Gold Farmers

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Richard.8207" said:

> > @"Patchwreck.2357" said:

> > > @"Richard.8207" said:

> > > Since I can apparently only be a bot or a poor child in need of sympathy, can I choose the child? Can you send me some gold, because I need your sympathy?

> > >

> > > > @"Patchwreck.2357" said:

> > > > Its not the lowest price they normally will drop the price buy the same amount 3 to 5 silver once every 3 to 10 minutes then for 20 minutes to an hour. For example they'll take an item that that's 53.25 and drop 6 for 47.13 you buy it and one minute later 6 for 47.13 one minute later 6 for 47.13 one minute later 6 for 47.13 etc.. People jump under it undercutting each other by a copper and then the bot starts up again a little wile latter dropping it 3 silver more, 3 silver more, 3 silver more. It's done the exact same way all over TP so we are far outside coincidence. Gold farmers will use bunches of children poor people whatever they can get and set them to work all fallowing the same script.

> > >

> > > If you care, the copper field being a different amount is because I click a listing with the same number of units I want to sell, then just change the silver field. Because I don’t care about a few copper on 5 units. And the delay when a bunch of people undercut me is because I’m waiting to see if demand will absorb the new supply so I don’t have to cancel a listing and settle for making less money on every unit I list afterwards. I usually just reprice as soon as someone lists 100+ of the item at a lower price than I was listing, because I’m not waiting around that long, and I don’t care about getting the best price enough to put in the effort. I mean, we’re talking about maybe a tenth of a penny by accepting a lower price. I’ll just buy a gem card and convert to gold before wasting time on caring about getting a few silver less for my excess resources. (And yes, when I’m out of bank space and don’t have time to sell while working, I will just sell instantly at pretty much any price, because I don’t really care if I spend $10 or $20 a month on gems as a subscription would cost that anyways)

> > >

> > > Sorry my playstyle is causing you such angst. And sorry you cannot accept I’m an adult human being. But I do hope you enjoy playing the game, and that players like me don’t annoy you too often. You might find you have less excess resources to unload if you stop buying the ones marginally less expensive than the ones you listed. I’m not even sure what you’re accomplishing by doing that as you’re just throwing away money unless the item is 15% cheaper than yours.

> >

> > your play style talks about copper not undercutting yourself by hefty amounts every transaction and coming back later for another chunk all day everyday. That long response you typed has nothing to do with anything I said. Children and poor just means plentiful and cheap telling you that there are a crap load of them.

>

> I don’t undercut myself, I undercut you. And 3 or 6 silver is not a hefty amount on something you’re only listing 5 or 10 of at a time. A gold is maybe ten cents. So if something saves me even ten seconds, it’s worth a few silver. If selling 100 of them in this way loses 50 cents, I don’t care at all. I’d rather save the time.

>

> I don’t know enough about what glacial things are used for to know how much to sell them for, so I’d probably undercut by ballpark of 5-10%, which sounds like about the amount you’re complaining about. I undercut in the hopes gw2crafts.net will switch to using that item to level crafting instead of whatever alternative exists, and because I hope not to need to cancel and list it again. Again, I don’t know enough to know when to do it and when not to, so I just do it for pretty much whatever I’m selling.

>

> Why do you actually think this is a bot? Heck, aren’t you doing almost the same thing at the same time to even notice? You’re just more concerned about not listing it too cheap than I am, even though you waste more time, and probably just as much gold in buying cheaper listings. But thank you for any times you’ve bought my listings.

Ok..... so what you are telling me is that you spend all day with several piles of mats putting 6 units on for 3 s less waiting for someone to buy it then putting exactly 6 for 3 over and over again all day and night. Then if no one buys it up and players help push it further down you do it again with a different smaller amount. And all you do is push down prices buy a hefty amount If this is not what you are doing... then... again this post has nothing to do with your account.

1.5 gold per stack of 50 which will sell with 1 copper undercut is you undercutting yourself, buy a lot. unless you only sell a handful of things a week.

> @"Patchwreck.2357" said:

> I'm kind of surprised by how few people care about this, the reaction in other games would have a little more annoyance at the situation. Does every one just buy gold here?

Few people care because few people are as bold as you to assume it's a massive problem that's having a significant effect on the TP. It's not that they don't exist but you have no clue what impact they have.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > I'm kind of surprised by how few people care about this, the reaction in other games would have a little more annoyance at the situation. Does every one just buy gold here?

>

> Few people care because few people are as bold as you to assume it's a massive problem that's having a significant effect on the TP.

>

As i said it effects my farming and other ppl who enjoy farming that have complain about it also. So I am bold enough to say that it effects me and the ppl who have said it effects.

When what I'm talking happens in other games its gold farmers. When they get rid of the gold farmer it stops or lessens.

Here ppl think gold farmers are fairy tails neck beards tell themselves.

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Patchwreck.2357" said:

> > > I'm kind of surprised by how few people care about this, the reaction in other games would have a little more annoyance at the situation. Does every one just buy gold here?

> >

> > Few people care because few people are as bold as you to assume it's a massive problem that's having a significant effect on the TP.

> >

>

> As i said it effects my farming and other ppl who enjoy farming that have complain about it also. So I am bold enough to say that it effects me and the ppl who have said it effects.

> When what I'm talking happens in other games its gold farmers. When they get rid of the gold farmer it stops or lessens.

>

> Here ppl think gold farmers are fairy tails neck beards tell themselves.

You can say whatever you want; you still have zero idea how much the effect gold farmers have on your farming activities. What makes you bold is making statements without understanding what you are talking about. Again, I'm not saying they don't exist; I'm saying no one knows how much of an impact they have on the economy.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Patchwreck.2357" said:

> > > > I'm kind of surprised by how few people care about this, the reaction in other games would have a little more annoyance at the situation. Does every one just buy gold here?

> > >

> > > Few people care because few people are as bold as you to assume it's a massive problem that's having a significant effect on the TP.

> > >

> >

> > As i said it effects my farming and other ppl who enjoy farming that have complain about it also. So I am bold enough to say that it effects me and the ppl who have said it effects.

> > When what I'm talking happens in other games its gold farmers. When they get rid of the gold farmer it stops or lessens.

> >

> > Here ppl think gold farmers are fairy tails neck beards tell themselves.

>

> You can say whatever you want; you still have zero idea how much the effect gold farmers have on your farming activities. What makes you bold is making statements without understanding what you are talking about. Again, I'm not saying they don't exist; I'm saying no one knows how much of an impact they have on the economy.

When you've played games with gold farmer, games without, games that had gold farmers then got rid of them for a bit only to have them come back, devs that crash the economy for the fun of it (EVE, he got fired) etc. you kind get the idea gold farmer bad... cause me to make less money... I no like. You also get use to their mo and see that if mat's are being driven down like its someones job to do it, it probably is someones job.

I can see how much I'm loosing because when they bot post things Its on my screen. I normally counter by buying their stuff before people pile on then filtering it back in in the evening and morning when farmers seem to stop but crafters seem going 24/7. There are times it gets away from me, I tried a few times to stop it but got busy playing or watching netflix so the price went down is a record. I can look at it and see they were dropping 3 at 36.45 every 3 minutes or so then I stopped buying for a wile.... and there's the point they jumped down again and posted 4 to 5 minutes apart, I didn't feel buying anymore so I let it go.

op has no clue about how the trading post works at all !!

can not keep track of the times i had a item to sell on trade post

that was going for 55.88 and i would sell mine at 55.88 some times

or even sell it at 54.88 on the trading post to just sell it more faster

heck some times i even sold a item going for lot of gold at half the price

just to make the other sellers mad like op here. and some times i done it very close to their own prices

op does not under stand the trading post is run by the player base and black lion trading company aka not a real company :p

bet if he had a listing for that stuff and i wanted to sell it and price cut him super hard op would really by kitten out of his mind ;) :p

> @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > > @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > > op has no clue about how the trading post works at all !!

> > > can not keep track of the times i had a item to sell on trade post

> > > that was going for 55.88 and i would sell mine at 55.88 some times

> > > or even sell it at 54.88 on the trading post to just sell it more faster

> > >

> > > heck some times i even sold a item going for lot of gold at half the price

> > > just to make the other sellers mad like op here. and some times i done it very close to their own prices

> > >

> > > op does not under stand the trading post is run by the player base and black lion trading company aka not a real company :p

> > > bet if he had a listing for that stuff and i wanted to sell it and price cut him super hard op would really by kitten out of his mind ;) :p

> >

> > must be a troll. Buut if not.. its was already explained that selling "an item" has nothing to do with with the words in squares above you. Its using bots to replace sell orders as an attempt to drive down prices and or a classroom full of gold farmers driving down prices that's being talked about. If you're not botting or a gold farmer you are not being harmed by the things being said in this post.

>

> now you think i am a troll and knowing your trying to sell glacial fragments .

> time to go and do some major price driven down

>

Actually I think its maybe you who does not understand what the OP is trying to say.. TP bots are a thing, it's well known and the ways its is done have been put in front of you, yet you choose to ignore it.. we all know players can down price anything.. that's not the issue.. bot driving is something different all together... proving it is happening is left squarely at the feet of ANET... though I don't hold too many breathes in that respect.

So maybe go do some research and stop with the trash talking for effect.

OP, what you saw happening on TP, some players do this on purpose without bots. Some could be using bots, who knows, hard to tell since you (as a player) can't see if its one botted account repeating the listing with split second reaction timing or multiple non bot players who happen to be creating one listing each, one player after another. Remember the whole GW2 population shares the same auction house. The practise is annoying to me too, but still a valid way to play the auction house if that's how someone want's to spend their time in the game.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > > > @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > > > op has no clue about how the trading post works at all !!

> > > > can not keep track of the times i had a item to sell on trade post

> > > > that was going for 55.88 and i would sell mine at 55.88 some times

> > > > or even sell it at 54.88 on the trading post to just sell it more faster

> > > >

> > > > heck some times i even sold a item going for lot of gold at half the price

> > > > just to make the other sellers mad like op here. and some times i done it very close to their own prices

> > > >

> > > > op does not under stand the trading post is run by the player base and black lion trading company aka not a real company :p

> > > > bet if he had a listing for that stuff and i wanted to sell it and price cut him super hard op would really by kitten out of his mind ;) :p

> > >

> > > must be a troll. Buut if not.. its was already explained that selling "an item" has nothing to do with with the words in squares above you. Its using bots to replace sell orders as an attempt to drive down prices and or a classroom full of gold farmers driving down prices that's being talked about. If you're not botting or a gold farmer you are not being harmed by the things being said in this post.

> >

> > now you think i am a troll and knowing your trying to sell glacial fragments .

> > time to go and do some major price driven down

> >

> Actually I think its maybe you who does not understand what the OP is trying to say.. TP bots are a thing, it's well known and the ways its is done have been put in front of you, yet you choose to ignore it.. we all know players can down price anything.. that's not the issue.. bot driving is something different all together... proving it is happening is left squarely at the feet of ANET... though I don't hold too many breathes in that respect.

> So maybe go do some research and stop with the trash talking for effect.

>

you think trade post bots are a thing in this game

then go tell it to anet and chris clearly . i am very sure they will be very interested in hearing all about these

trade post bots you and op are trying to talk about .

> @"Boulder.3589" said:

> OP, what you saw happening on TP, some players do this on purpose without bots. Some could be using bots, who knows, hard to tell since you (as a player) can't see if its one botted account repeating the listing with split second reaction timing or multiple non bot players who happen to be creating one listing each, one player after another. Remember the whole GW2 population shares the same auction house. The practise is annoying to me too, but still a valid way to play the auction house if that's how someone want's to spend their time in the game.

This is true.. like I said to Warrior.. we can all drive prices down if we want to get a quick sale or attempt to manipulate prices for whatever reason, but TP bots do exist and proving it lays at the feet of ANET.. if the OP suspects something then send in a ticket to ANET and hope it gets filed in the appropriate .. place.

I completely believe there are TP bots but the main reason prices have fallen so much since PoF is most likely because ANet wanted them to fall. The huge effect PoF and LS4 had on the prices of many mats and items isn't an unforeseen side-effect of that content, it's by design. It's not as if it was the Auric Basin effect, which was players exploiting a mechanic in an unanticipated manner. This is just turning on the tap. Why they want lower prices we would have to guess but since they created all the faucets and chose not to add the sinks there's nowhere else to look for the cause of this effect.

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Patchwreck.2357" said:

> > > > > I'm kind of surprised by how few people care about this, the reaction in other games would have a little more annoyance at the situation. Does every one just buy gold here?

> > > >

> > > > Few people care because few people are as bold as you to assume it's a massive problem that's having a significant effect on the TP.

> > > >

> > >

> > > As i said it effects my farming and other ppl who enjoy farming that have complain about it also. So I am bold enough to say that it effects me and the ppl who have said it effects.

> > > When what I'm talking happens in other games its gold farmers. When they get rid of the gold farmer it stops or lessens.

> > >

> > > Here ppl think gold farmers are fairy tails neck beards tell themselves.

> >

> > You can say whatever you want; you still have zero idea how much the effect gold farmers have on your farming activities. What makes you bold is making statements without understanding what you are talking about. Again, I'm not saying they don't exist; I'm saying no one knows how much of an impact they have on the economy.

>

> When you've played games with gold farmer, games without, games that had gold farmers then got rid of them for a bit only to have them come back, devs that crash the economy for the fun of it (EVE, he got fired) etc. you kind get the idea gold farmer bad... cause me to make less money... I no like. You also get use to their mo and see that if mat's are being driven down like its someones job to do it, it probably is someones job.

>

> I can see how much I'm loosing because when they bot post things Its on my screen. I normally counter by buying their stuff before people pile on then filtering it back in in the evening and morning when farmers seem to stop but crafters seem going 24/7. There are times it gets away from me, I tried a few times to stop it but got busy playing or watching netflix so the price went down is a record. I can look at it and see they were dropping 3 at 36.45 every 3 minutes or so then I stopped buying for a wile.... and there's the point they jumped down again and posted 4 to 5 minutes apart, I didn't feel buying anymore so I let it go.

>

That's an interesting account, but that still doesn't show you have any idea how significant the effect that gold farmers or TP bots have on the overall economy.

Trading post bots do exist, but that's not to say what you're seeing is actually a bot. Some players spend all day just buying/selling on the trading post without doing much else.

But.......if bots are being used for the trading post, they may not be around much longer (or any bots for that matter).

Looks like somebody poked around the game files and found something (or they could just being spreading rumors to scare the cheaters/botters). We'll have to wait and see. :o

> Is there anything the devs can do about gold farmers using bots to crashing prices at the TP? I've been watching the prices lately and it seems systematic, I went to sell some glacial fragments and noticed that there were a few 5 silver below the normal price. So I bought them and rolled them into the rest of my loot to list andevery few minutes the same number of unites at the same price. This has been happening with just about all farmed mats that I try to sell every since I got access to the TP about 6 months ago. Just a moment ago I went to sell some glacial fragments and the price 55.88 for 1 with 60 above that, I bought it and went to list my loot and it was back. The repeated over and over for a wile faster than I could get back to the page. I would take a few minute break and the same would happen.

>

> Its really starting to make farming suck for those who like to do a repetitious task wile talking to guildies or listening to music. Its like going fishing and some corporation is intentionally making all the fish smaller. Im guessing all these accounts do all day is fame and drive down prices so they could be tracked down that way.

And i thought whats crashing the market are the poor choices Anet has made regarding the economy since pof launched.

How many items do you think are for sale on the TP?

To prove that someone or something is crashing the market, you would need to analyse price movements for every item thats sold and do so over a long time frame.

Havnt seen any evidence anywhere of anyone doing this.

Anytime a new expansion is added to a game , new resources are also added which means the supply / demand system is temporarily shifted in favor of the supply going up

but no change in the demand, so prices go down.

Over time , the supply demand will fix itself and prices will again stabilise, possibly at a lower level than they are now.

ok sorry about about just leaving this hanging like that.

Getting back to this I think we should just go to the core of what we're talking about which if gold. I'll just google Guild Wars 2 Gold to get a look at the wiki........... Umm, My Gosh..... O My... This can't.... But they said These Where Just Fables. They can't be here! They Can't be real! 14 pages before it even starts to thin out! How can there be 14+ page of sites that don't exist! Some of which guarantee availability, Overflowing with of millions and millions of account superstitions and bans. So if they are here that means that they brought some of their behaviors also. No if they exist here then they are special gold farmer who have no negative effect.... some how, maybe magic..... or thermal dynamics....... or something. Or maybe I put them all of them there just to draw out the monsters that live under bridges but some of the people in here were just to quick of my shenanigans.

As far as whether of not I know if some people spend all day doing something called playing the market I though it obvious by my posts that I play the market in every game I play, so yes I knew that. As far as the market moving faster than light no it doesn't you can place buy and sell orders on everything with a gap and see how fast it moves. Or just look at the raw numbers on one of the gw2 marketing websites and see exactly how much is bought and sold right in front of you.

As far as it being players yes there are lots of gold farmers who are players using all the exploits they can get away with. In fact I would guess that the smaller groups of "player" gold farmers probably have the most to gain by botting down the prices where as the bigger guys make so much by moving bulk that they don't do it as much. Besides the fact that driving down the market is how you also piss off the legitimate player base driving them to the forums to complain about them.