Worst class in the game right now?

Nimon.7840

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> * Revenant for certain.

> * Core engi definitely needs some work, and scrapper could use more buffs, but I don't think engineer is in as bad shape as revenant.

> * Core necro seems... ok, reaper needs some buffs, scourge is fine.

> * Core ele and tempest need some buffs for PvP/WvW. Weaver is almost right, just needs some tweaking.

Core necromancer has no support, half the damage of reaper, about a third the damage of scourge, its suitability is fine, but for the most part core necromancer is extremely bad and you should under no circumstance run it. Unless you are leveling.

Reaper is way under tuned.

Scourge is physically unpleasant to play after the patch.

Necromancer over all causes massive balance problems in that one nerf sends it into the bin of uselessness. Which has been shown repeatedly in its time in the meta. This patch might prove that the pattern doesn't hold because scourge is just that much better than core necromancer, but history of the class has always been a problem in the game. As such this makes it the worst.

Revenant needs more skills. They don't need their mechanic completely reworked and all of their skills and traits completely reworked. They just need more of them.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This surely is a close call between rev and and necro. I would say necro is currently the worst. After scourge nerf, it still effective, but on the lower edge of being meta. Repeat is somewhat okay, but barely viable. Then nothing. In PvE necro it is the worst.

Rev surely comes in second, but power herald build is in a good position in spvp. Renegade has solid spot in raids. Raids aside, renegade is garbage. It is nothing more that the already pre existing PoF meta build, but with a damage multiplyer. And rev has serious lack of builds issue.

I see a lot of votes for necro atm. At least you have a much larger variety of builds than revenant. Even if there isn't anything that fits in the meta at least you can play the class far more ways than you can with rev. Unless they lose the locked in utility skill bar the revenant will never have as much range of play as the other classes. This fact alone puts the class in last place.

> @"Lily.1935" said:

> > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > * Revenant for certain.

> > * Core engi definitely needs some work, and scrapper could use more buffs, but I don't think engineer is in as bad shape as revenant.

> > * Core necro seems... ok, reaper needs some buffs, scourge is fine.

> > * Core ele and tempest need some buffs for PvP/WvW. Weaver is almost right, just needs some tweaking.

>

> Core necromancer has no support, half the damage of reaper, about a third the damage of scourge, its suitability is fine, but for the most part core necromancer is extremely bad and you should under no circumstance run it. Unless you are leveling.

>

> Reaper is way under tuned.

>

> Scourge is physically unpleasant to play after the patch.

>

> Necromancer over all causes massive balance problems in that one nerf sends it into the bin of uselessness. Which has been shown repeatedly in its time in the meta. This patch might prove that the pattern doesn't hold because scourge is just that much better than core necromancer, but history of the class has always been a problem in the game. As such this makes it the worst.

>

> Revenant needs more skills. They don't need their mechanic completely reworked and all of their skills and traits completely reworked. They just need more of them.

I can't speak to core necro, as I don't generally see it. The few times I have recently have been MM builds. Scourge still has plenty of play all-around still, and lots of potential in all game modes. Reaper is undertuned, to be certain, but it's not too far from where it needs to be. A few slight damage buffs to underperforming skills should bring it to where it belongs.

I also get the feeling that necro's don't seem to realize how good they've got it. They don't have to do [ridiculous rotations like a condi engi to get subpar DPS](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28506/sc-vanilla-condi-engi-benchmark-post-02-06-2018-patch "ridiculous rotations like a condi engi to get subpar DPS"). If they got the engi treatment, you can bet people might actually care.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"Lily.1935" said:

> > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > * Revenant for certain.

> > > * Core engi definitely needs some work, and scrapper could use more buffs, but I don't think engineer is in as bad shape as revenant.

> > > * Core necro seems... ok, reaper needs some buffs, scourge is fine.

> > > * Core ele and tempest need some buffs for PvP/WvW. Weaver is almost right, just needs some tweaking.

> >

> > Core necromancer has no support, half the damage of reaper, about a third the damage of scourge, its suitability is fine, but for the most part core necromancer is extremely bad and you should under no circumstance run it. Unless you are leveling.

> >

> > Reaper is way under tuned.

> >

> > Scourge is physically unpleasant to play after the patch.

> >

> > Necromancer over all causes massive balance problems in that one nerf sends it into the bin of uselessness. Which has been shown repeatedly in its time in the meta. This patch might prove that the pattern doesn't hold because scourge is just that much better than core necromancer, but history of the class has always been a problem in the game. As such this makes it the worst.

> >

> > Revenant needs more skills. They don't need their mechanic completely reworked and all of their skills and traits completely reworked. They just need more of them.

>

> I can't speak to core necro, as I don't generally see it. The few times I have recently have been MM builds. Scourge still has plenty of play all-around still, and lots of potential in all game modes. Reaper is undertuned, to be certain, but it's not too far from where it needs to be. A few slight damage buffs to underperforming skills should bring it to where it belongs.

>

> I also get the feeling that necro's don't seem to realize how good they've got it. They don't have to do [ridiculous rotations like a condi engi to get subpar DPS](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28506/sc-vanilla-condi-engi-benchmark-post-02-06-2018-patch "ridiculous rotations like a condi engi to get subpar DPS"). If they got the engi treatment, you can bet people might actually care.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"Lily.1935" said:

> > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > * Revenant for certain.

> > > * Core engi definitely needs some work, and scrapper could use more buffs, but I don't think engineer is in as bad shape as revenant.

> > > * Core necro seems... ok, reaper needs some buffs, scourge is fine.

> > > * Core ele and tempest need some buffs for PvP/WvW. Weaver is almost right, just needs some tweaking.

> >

> > Core necromancer has no support, half the damage of reaper, about a third the damage of scourge, its suitability is fine, but for the most part core necromancer is extremely bad and you should under no circumstance run it. Unless you are leveling.

> >

> > Reaper is way under tuned.

> >

> > Scourge is physically unpleasant to play after the patch.

> >

> > Necromancer over all causes massive balance problems in that one nerf sends it into the bin of uselessness. Which has been shown repeatedly in its time in the meta. This patch might prove that the pattern doesn't hold because scourge is just that much better than core necromancer, but history of the class has always been a problem in the game. As such this makes it the worst.

> >

> > Revenant needs more skills. They don't need their mechanic completely reworked and all of their skills and traits completely reworked. They just need more of them.

>

> I can't speak to core necro, as I don't generally see it. The few times I have recently have been MM builds. Scourge still has plenty of play all-around still, and lots of potential in all game modes. Reaper is undertuned, to be certain, but it's not too far from where it needs to be. A few slight damage buffs to underperforming skills should bring it to where it belongs.

>

> I also get the feeling that necro's don't seem to realize how good they've got it. They don't have to do [ridiculous rotations like a condi engi to get subpar DPS](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28506/sc-vanilla-condi-engi-benchmark-post-02-06-2018-patch "ridiculous rotations like a condi engi to get subpar DPS"). If they got the engi treatment, you can bet people might actually care.

Well. Seems to me revs dont seem to realize how good theyve got it either.

Cause i think rev right now is in an pretty good spot.

1(maybe 2) viable builds for pvp, 2 for wvw and 2 for pve

Seems quite strong. Sure core isnt a thing. But at least you can play both especs.

While necro has exactly one viable build over all gamemodes.

You know why core necro isnt played? Because its super bad.

You know why reaper isnt played? Because its not good in groups. Condi and power both suck amd has almost up to zero survivability or if you take all the survivability, you have zero dmg, and still will be outhealed by everyone.

And yes, we dont have to do ridiculous rotations. But we have to watch pretty carefully to not interrupt any of our skills, cause that will result in like 5k dps loss, which will put you on the end of the dps table

You know why scourge is played? Well it has same dmg as reaper, but it can at least do that over range

There are far more votes for Rev than Necro, and Rev as i recall was one of the least player MAIN class in the forum poll.

I don't think only Rev players vote for thier class but there are far more player that do not MAIN a Rev vote for him. On the other hand, Necro was one of the most player MAIN class of all, looks like most Necro vote are actually the Necro MAIN after all. I believe the majority player are more clear on the whole picture.

Core Necro, might need some buff on damage side.

Reaper, need some slight buff, or just reduce the life force degen a little bit and they will be great.

Scourge, still on the strong side in pve, slightly OP in pvp and wvw, it is okay for now or need some slight nerf, especially if core necro got buff on damage side, definitely need some nerf as trade off.

I voted for necromancer myself, for a couple of reasons. After hours of testing, I have come to the conclusion that I just plain hate the scourge. It has a lot of balls that you need to juggle in order to do maximum DPS, and even when you successfully juggle them you're doing barely anything. In PVE the only reason the class sees play is because of epidemic and corrosive poison cloud. Reaper just feels awkward now, does inconsistent damage, and the power build has mediocre burst and that is it.

After playing around with all of the new specializations, I've come to hate the weaver, mirage, and the scourge, and it's all for the same reason: in order to do serviceable damage on them, you need to keep track of 3 or 4 simultaneous actions, and if you don't keep track of these your DPS tanks. I'm old, I'm shaky, I'm nearly blind, and I live across the state from where the servers are, so having to juggle shade placement, shade cooldowns, desert shroud, weapon swap, and regular weapon cooldowns alongside of whatever the enemy does is just too much. Now, I can forgive the mirage and the weaver to an extent, because even if I can't do the max DPS rotation I can still do serviceable damage. But the scourge? I might as well swap to thief and spam backstab, because it'll do more damage for 1/5th the effort.

I am a bit surprised that Rev is voted so low, though. The Rev is the closest thing I have to a main, and I like the class a lot. The toolbox is unique enough to let me fill several niche roles, the class isn't high maintenance, and there are several viable builds which all do different things. I don't PVP myself, but I've found the rev to be incredibly useful in PVE and WvW. Even if it isn't the best in slot, the utilities allow me to mold into whatever role is needed.

> @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> There are far more votes for Rev than Necro, and Rev as i recall was one of the least player MAIN class in the forum poll.

>

> I don't think only Rev players vote for thier class but there are far more player that do not MAIN a Rev vote for him. On the other hand, Necro was one of the most player MAIN class of all, looks like most Necro vote are actually the Necro MAIN after all. I believe the majority player are more clear on the whole picture.

>

> Core Necro, might need some buff on damage side.

> Reaper, need some slight buff, or just reduce the life force degen a little bit and they will be great.

> Scourge, still on the strong side in pve, slightly OP in pvp and wvw, it is okay for now or need some slight nerf, especially if core necro got buff on damage side, definitely need some nerf as trade off.

I see you never ever played necro these days. Else you would have another opinion i guess.

And for pve the only reason for taking a scourge is epidemic. Cause its kitten weak.

Yes i main necro, but i also played rev a lot these days, cause necro isnt fun anymore.

The support aspect got a huge hit, and dmg as wall, even playstyle.

Cause we now have a 500ms lagg when using shade abilities.

In 1v1 scenarios, u wont hit anything with that. If you want to use f2-5 you need to predict what enemy predicts you to do and then predict the enemys action, of your predicted prediction.

O gosh. Thats pretty bad.

I myself think that rev sure could use some buffs or changes, but as it is right now, its

1. Much more enjoyable to play than necro, because no laggs

2. Rewards energy managment, that most players dont have, and then say its bad design/class

3. Has good variation of builds

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > You know why scourge is played? Well it has same dmg as reaper, but it can at least do that over range

>

> That actually tells me that reaper is in a better place than I thought. Scourge ranks pretty consistently high on the DPS in fractals and raids.

Only with perfect circumstances which u will never have in groupplay. Srry to disappoint you. Its just bad.

Same as scourge

> @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> There are far more votes for Rev than Necro, and Rev as i recall was one of the least player MAIN class in the forum poll.

>

> I don't think only Rev players vote for thier class but there are far more player that do not MAIN a Rev vote for him. On the other hand, Necro was one of the most player MAIN class of all, looks like most Necro vote are actually the Necro MAIN after all. I believe the majority player are more clear on the whole picture.

>

> Core Necro, might need some buff on damage side.

> Reaper, need some slight buff, or just reduce the life force degen a little bit and they will be great.

> Scourge, still on the strong side in pve, slightly OP in pvp and wvw, it is okay for now or need some slight nerf, especially if core necro got buff on damage side, definitely need some nerf as trade off.

I can play every class in the game EXCEPT revenant. I have tried, but I can't do it. It's just terrible... I can play any other class with no real problems.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > You know why scourge is played? Well it has same dmg as reaper, but it can at least do that over range

> >

> > That actually tells me that reaper is in a better place than I thought. Scourge ranks pretty consistently high on the DPS in fractals and raids.

>

> Only with perfect circumstances which u will never have in groupplay. Srry to disappoint you. Its just bad.

> Same as scourge

I just said that they tend to score pretty high in real runs I've had.

I wonder why people play professions that are terrible to them.

Not talking about professions that have been changed recently, I am talking about Revenant.

I read: "Boring, no customization, primitive gameplay" and such, but why do you play it then? Don't get me wrong, I know to stick with your personal favourite even though it sucks for some time or is below-average, but the majority of the players do not have such principles and the other ones seem to pick the FOTM Trololol DMG profession they can get.

Isn't Revenant like this for quite a while now? And still they keep playing that? That's like driving a certain car and even purchase another car from the same manufacturer despite you know and knew how bad it is to you.

I ditched Engineer because Scrapper looked terrible as heck, but you did not hear me complain about it.

Excelsior.

> @"Zedek.8932" said:

> I wonder why people play professions that are terrible to them.

> Not talking about professions that have been changed recently, I am talking about Revenant.

> I read: "Boring, no customization, primitive gameplay" and such, but why do you play it then? Don't get me wrong, I know to stick with your personal favourite even though it sucks for some time or is below-average, but the majority of the players do not have such principles and the other ones seem to pick the FOTM Trololol DMG profession they can get.

>

> Isn't Revenant like this for quite a while now? And still they keep playing that? That's like driving a certain car and even purchase another car from the same manufacturer despite you know and knew how bad it is to you.

>

> I ditched Engineer because Scrapper looked terrible as heck, but you did not hear me complain about it.

>

> Excelsior.

I think most of the people saying rev is the worst don't play rev. They may have at one point, idk. I know rev isn't my main but it is the worst in my opinion, but that's just an opinion lol.

> @"Zedek.8932" said:

> I wonder why people play professions that are terrible to them.

> Not talking about professions that have been changed recently, I am talking about Revenant.

> I read: "Boring, no customization, primitive gameplay" and such, but why do you play it then? Don't get me wrong, I know to stick with your personal favourite even though it sucks for some time or is below-average, but the majority of the players do not have such principles and the other ones seem to pick the FOTM Trololol DMG profession they can get.

>

> Isn't Revenant like this for quite a while now? And still they keep playing that? That's like driving a certain car and even purchase another car from the same manufacturer despite you know and knew how bad it is to you.

>

> I ditched Engineer because Scrapper looked terrible as heck, but you did not hear me complain about it.

>

> Excelsior.

I tried a few times to play it, but I end up hating it and deleting the character. I keep trying it again to see if maybe some of the patches have made it better, but I think my issue with it is on a fundamental level... I doubt I'll try again unless they really REALLY change the base elements of the class.

> @"nedlee.5943" said:

> > @"Zedek.8932" said:

> > I wonder why people play professions that are terrible to them.

>

> People don't, hence rev is one of the least popular class in the game, competing with engineer. Necromancer on the other hand is reasonably popular.

>

This poll wasnt about popularity...

It was about viability. And there rev is definetly in a much better spot than necro

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"nedlee.5943" said:

> > > @"Zedek.8932" said:

> > > I wonder why people play professions that are terrible to them.

> >

> > People don't, hence rev is one of the least popular class in the game, competing with engineer. Necromancer on the other hand is reasonably popular.

> >

>

> This poll wasnt about popularity...

>

> It was about viability. And there rev is definetly in a much better spot than necro

Necros certainly have the "whine" meta. ;)

> @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> You need to break this poll up by game mode and by specialization for it to be useful in any capacity.

>

> The strongest specs in the PvP formats are the weakest ones in the PvE ones and vice versa. There is no universally-weak class, but there are massively under-performing specializations in various modes.

Yeah maybe. Cause i think most people are just voting and not reading my description

SPVP/WVW : I voted mesmer because power mesmer is more or less like FA ele high burst on high cooldown need cc to be effective .

the condi mesmer is dead at least every weapon(scepter/sword) and skill(chatter skill's) and trait that uses confusion.

dead build's : The interrupt condi mesmer & Shatter condi mesmer .

PVE :he is still out there in term of support and damage ,the axe mirage back from the dead after changing confusion to torment.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > You need to break this poll up by game mode and by specialization for it to be useful in any capacity.

> >

> > The strongest specs in the PvP formats are the weakest ones in the PvE ones and vice versa. There is no universally-weak class, but there are massively under-performing specializations in various modes.

>

> Yeah maybe. Cause i think most people are just voting and not reading my description

Not even; it just defeats the purpose of the poll since it's just used to visualize data which as mentioned lacks a lot of integrity given the differences between the formats causing vastly different votes.

> @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > > You need to break this poll up by game mode and by specialization for it to be useful in any capacity.

> > >

> > > The strongest specs in the PvP formats are the weakest ones in the PvE ones and vice versa. There is no universally-weak class, but there are massively under-performing specializations in various modes.

> >

> > Yeah maybe. Cause i think most people are just voting and not reading my description

>

> Not even; it just defeats the purpose of the poll since it's just used to visualize data which as mentioned lacks a lot of integrity given the differences between the formats causing vastly different votes.

Yeah. I think most of the people voting here, are specialised on one ganemode. And not playing 2 or all 3.

The results are probably biased towards pvp and end game raiding content, since most people who post on the forums play that content. The overwhelming majority of players most likely do solo pve and storyline stuff, with some WvW and dungeons on the side and don't visit or post on the forums. That would explain why necro is so high, they've been nerfed in pvp and aren't the best in end game pve at the moment, but excel in open world pve. Also don't tell me open world pve and storyline stuff is easy and it doesn't matter what you play, because it does matter. Some classes do much better than others in that content.