What is that skill?

Anela.3867

> @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> If doesn't matter if you can easily see it if they can practically keep it up at all times over the entire area you are supposed to stand on to win.

Desert Shroud has a minimum of 10 seconds between active time. That's almost 2/3rds of the time at minimum that you can guarantee it's not up.

Ever been "touched" by a mesmer, thief, engineer from stealth?

There are far far more hard hitting skills in the game that don't have any sort of such obvious pulsating circles around them to make everyone clear that somethings is going to happen soon.

Also, while the necro shroud and shades may be AoE skills, the necromancer is not exactly the king of mitigating ranged damage and necro is not a class that shines for its mobility skills. It's rather a sitting duck that maybe can manage to have one single teleport as utility skill.

But I do understand if you're coming from the one sPvP mode we have in this game that is all about running around in circles just to stand on top of circles, that's what makes scourge so annoying there.

> @"Anela.3867" said:

> Thank you all for your answers. I know nothing about the Necro and want to learn. It looks interesting so I am going to give it a try.

>

> Thanks again,

>

> Anela

Please look at the other topics here in necromancer forum and reconsider if you want to waste a hero slot for a class that is the worst class in game since release. Cheers.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> > If doesn't matter if you can easily see it if they can practically keep it up at all times over the entire area you are supposed to stand on to win.

>

> Desert Shroud has a minimum of 10 seconds between active time. That's almost 2/3rds of the time at minimum that you can guarantee it's not up.

Not necessarily. If you're on a contested point with a few enemies, there are builds which can permanently maintain Desert Shroud. It's a big problem in WvW especially because there is literally no downtime to engage it when in target-rich environments.

> @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> > > If doesn't matter if you can easily see it if they can practically keep it up at all times over the entire area you are supposed to stand on to win.

> >

> > Desert Shroud has a minimum of 10 seconds between active time. That's almost 2/3rds of the time at minimum that you can guarantee it's not up.

>

> Not necessarily. If you're on a contested point with a few enemies, there are builds which can permanently maintain Desert Shroud. It's a big problem in WvW especially because there is literally no downtime to engage it when in target-rich environments.

I wanna see this build.

Well you see, i play necro the whole time. And there is no chance to have ds up all the time.

So pls: gimme that build. I wanna be op

Like @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said: you will at least have 10 seconds cd. Even with alacrity

> > > @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> > > If doesn't matter if you can easily see it if they can practically keep it up at all times over the entire area you are supposed to stand on to win.

> >

> > Desert Shroud has a minimum of 10 seconds between active time. That's almost 2/3rds of the time at minimum that you can guarantee it's not up.

>

> Not necessarily. If you're on a contested point with a few enemies, there are builds which can permanently maintain Desert Shroud. It's a big problem in WvW especially because there is literally no downtime to engage it when in target-rich environments.

Even if someone feeds you Lifeforce like a maniac, a Cooldown is a Cooldown.

> @"Dragoth.7153" said:

> > @"Anela.3867" said:

> > Thank you all for your answers. I know nothing about the Necro and want to learn. It looks interesting so I am going to give it a try.

> >

> > Thanks again,

> >

> > Anela

>

> Please look at the other topics here in necromancer forum and reconsider if you want to waste a hero slot for a class that is the worst class in game since release. Cheers.

Thank you for the advice but I already created her and she is a ton of fun! I've played a lot of other characters and they all have their downsides and every class forum thinks their class is the worst. You are more experienced than I am so maybe it's because it's all so new to me but for now I'm really enjoying it.

Anela

> @"Asum.4960" said:

> > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> > > > If doesn't matter if you can easily see it if they can practically keep it up at all times over the entire area you are supposed to stand on to win.

> > >

> > > Desert Shroud has a minimum of 10 seconds between active time. That's almost 2/3rds of the time at minimum that you can guarantee it's not up.

> >

> > Not necessarily. If you're on a contested point with a few enemies, there are builds which can permanently maintain Desert Shroud. It's a big problem in WvW especially because there is literally no downtime to engage it when in target-rich environments.

>

> Even if someone feeds you Lifeforce like a maniac, a Cooldown is a Cooldown.

That would be relevant true if duo queue wasn't still possible at lower tiers and ranked matches prevented the same profession from joining or had some way to prevent two players from using the same build or two builds that are too similar.

> @"Anela.3867" said:

> > @"Dragoth.7153" said:

> > > @"Anela.3867" said:

> > > Thank you all for your answers. I know nothing about the Necro and want to learn. It looks interesting so I am going to give it a try.

> > >

> > > Thanks again,

> > >

> > > Anela

> >

> > Please look at the other topics here in necromancer forum and reconsider if you want to waste a hero slot for a class that is the worst class in game since release. Cheers.

>

> Thank you for the advice but I already created her and she is a ton of fun! I've played a lot of other characters and they all have their downsides and every class forum thinks their class is the worst. You are more experienced than I am so maybe it's because it's all so new to me but for now I'm really enjoying it.

>

> Anela

give it 5+ years of nerfs and buffs that come with over-the-top nerfs

> @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> > @"Asum.4960" said:

> > > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > > @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> > > > > If doesn't matter if you can easily see it if they can practically keep it up at all times over the entire area you are supposed to stand on to win.

> > > >

> > > > Desert Shroud has a minimum of 10 seconds between active time. That's almost 2/3rds of the time at minimum that you can guarantee it's not up.

> > >

> > > Not necessarily. If you're on a contested point with a few enemies, there are builds which can permanently maintain Desert Shroud. It's a big problem in WvW especially because there is literally no downtime to engage it when in target-rich environments.

> >

> > Even if someone feeds you Lifeforce like a maniac, a Cooldown is a Cooldown.

>

> That would be relevant true if duo queue wasn't still possible at lower tiers and ranked matches prevented the same profession from joining or had some way to prevent two players from using the same build or two builds that are too similar.

Not a sPvP guys here, so correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have 2 Scourges sitting on one point spamming shades on it, couldn't you just focus the other points instead for a pretty easy win?

I don't really see the problem here.

Also you said _" there are builds which can permanently maintain Desert Shroud"_ which is rather misleading (aside from being wrong), when you actually mean multiple people of the same class rotating skills to achieve a 100% uptime of an effect.

If the Scourge decides to sit on a point for some reason, I recommend a healthy dose of ranged Power pressure.

> @"Asum.4960" said:

> > > @"Asum.4960" said:

> > > > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > > > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > > > @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> > > > > > If doesn't matter if you can easily see it if they can practically keep it up at all times over the entire area you are supposed to stand on to win.

> > > > >

> > > > > Desert Shroud has a minimum of 10 seconds between active time. That's almost 2/3rds of the time at minimum that you can guarantee it's not up.

> > > >

> > > > Not necessarily. If you're on a contested point with a few enemies, there are builds which can permanently maintain Desert Shroud. It's a big problem in WvW especially because there is literally no downtime to engage it when in target-rich environments.

> > >

> > > Even if someone feeds you Lifeforce like a maniac, a Cooldown is a Cooldown.

> >

> > That would be relevant true if duo queue wasn't still possible at lower tiers and ranked matches prevented the same profession from joining or had some way to prevent two players from using the same build or two builds that are too similar.

>

> Not a sPvP guys here, so correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have 2 Scourges sitting on one point spamming shades on it, couldn't you just focus the other points instead for a pretty easy win?

>

> I don't really see the problem here.

>

> Also you said _" there are builds which can permanently maintain Desert Shroud"_ which is rather misleading (aside from being wrong), when you actually mean multiple people of the same class rotating skills to achieve a 100% uptime of an effect.

>

> If the Scourge decides to sit on a point for some reason, I recommend a healthy dose of ranged Power pressure.

No. I said "practically keep it up at all times". They do not need to keep it up at all times. Only whenever they want to push enemies out of a point. Kill them, you get 5 points, they just come back because death timers are not affected by number of deaths or match time, they push people from the point again, they get more than 5 point.

I said it for one, and with Sand Savant, Manifest is permanently maintained while triggering all shroud traits from other likes in SR and curses and covers most points fully. SR also cuts the cooldowns to F2/F3 to 6 seconds and all of these trigger shroud skill procs. In essence, every 1.5s the scourge is hitting all targets on a point and corrupting 6 boons on average every 6 seconds.

Two people is usually the minimum you want on a point you're winning, especially mid. A mobile profession like thief will decap any uncontested either meaning you can either try to sustain 2-2 with a +1 or you'll see 3-1+1 or 4+1-0+1 if double-capped and uncontested.

> I said it for one, and with Sand Savant, Manifest is permanently maintained while triggering all shroud traits from other likes in SR and curses and covers most points fully. SR also cuts the cooldowns to F2/F3 to 6 seconds and all of these trigger shroud skill procs. In essence, every 1.5s the scourge is hitting all targets on a point and corrupting 6 boons on average every 6 seconds.

>

> Two people is usually the minimum you want on a point you're winning, especially mid. A mobile profession like thief will decap any uncontested either meaning you can either try to sustain 2-2 with a +1 or you'll see 3-1+1 or 4+1-0+1 if double-capped and uncontested.

What you're saying here makes zero sense with your claim and/or shows a shocking lack of understanding of the class.

"Desert Shroud" is the F5. "In Shroud", "Enter Shroud," and "exit shroud" traits are ONLY active while Desert Shroud (the F5) is active. There is literally no possible way to have any greater than 50% uptime on this effect. This is including Vital Persistence and 100% Alacrity uptime (which is hugely unrealistic in PvP).

Path of Corruption is 1 boon/8 seconds. Unending Corruption is 1 boon/10 seconds (can be more in a burst, but this is ammo cooldown). Weakening Shroud is 1 boon/16 seconds. Spiteful Spirit (which nobody runs with Scourge, as that precludes Curses or Soul Reaping) is 1 boon/16 seconds. In no possible combination of these can you reach an average of 6 boons corrupted every 6 seconds. Also, all of these frequencies are assuming Vital Persistence and Sand Savant. Dropping either trait reduces frequency.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> Spiteful Spirit (which nobody runs with Scourge, as that precludes Curses or Soul Reaping) is 1 boon/16 seconds.

Small correction. From what I recall this has a) been buffed to 2 boons converted and a further 2 if the target is below 50% b) not been nerfed with a scourge specific version. It is possibly the single strongest enter shroud trait there is. But you are right pretty much nobody will take this with scourge.

> @"Asum.4960" said:

> > > @"Asum.4960" said:

> > > > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > > > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > > > @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> > > > > > If doesn't matter if you can easily see it if they can practically keep it up at all times over the entire area you are supposed to stand on to win.

> > > > >

> > > > > Desert Shroud has a minimum of 10 seconds between active time. That's almost 2/3rds of the time at minimum that you can guarantee it's not up.

> > > >

> > > > Not necessarily. If you're on a contested point with a few enemies, there are builds which can permanently maintain Desert Shroud. It's a big problem in WvW especially because there is literally no downtime to engage it when in target-rich environments.

> > >

> > > Even if someone feeds you Lifeforce like a maniac, a Cooldown is a Cooldown.

> >

> > That would be relevant true if duo queue wasn't still possible at lower tiers and ranked matches prevented the same profession from joining or had some way to prevent two players from using the same build or two builds that are too similar.

>

> Not a sPvP guys here, so correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have 2 Scourges sitting on one point spamming shades on it, couldn't you just focus the other points instead for a pretty easy win?

>

> I don't really see the problem here.

>

> Also you said _" there are builds which can permanently maintain Desert Shroud"_ which is rather misleading (aside from being wrong), when you actually mean multiple people of the same class rotating skills to achieve a 100% uptime of an effect.

>

> If the Scourge decides to sit on a point for some reason, I recommend a healthy dose of ranged Power pressure.

Yeah exactly this. But you know. People have been to bad to dodge out of the red circles of shades, so they asked for a warning sign.

That talks lot bout pvp players to me: ignorant folks, that are bad at the game.

Like for real. I really need to have a warning, when someone want to attack me from stealth, cause i cant tell, when they are going to attack me.

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > Spiteful Spirit (which nobody runs with Scourge, as that precludes Curses or Soul Reaping) is 1 boon/16 seconds.

>

> Small correction. From what I recall this has a) been buffed to 2 boons converted and a further 2 if the target is below 50% b) not been nerfed with a scourge specific version. It is possibly the single strongest enter shroud trait there is. But you are right pretty much nobody will take this with scourge.

>

>

Well. Same goes for weakening shroud, since parasitic conagnion is 100 times stronger.

Nobody takes that trait on scourge.

Or at least almost nobody takes it, cause its just too weak