ArenaNet attending E3 2018

Chilli.2976

> @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > > Or a GW2 movie! (Yeah!/Oh no...)

> >

> > Looking at their latest youtube creations... please don't make GW2 movie. Game won't stand another shot to the head.

> >

> >

>

> But... but... they can make Zack Snyder direct it. Or Michael Bay!!

They don't have the money for such directors.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > > > Or a GW2 movie! (Yeah!/Oh no...)

> > >

> > > Looking at their latest youtube creations... please don't make GW2 movie. Game won't stand another shot to the head.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > But... but... they can make Zack Snyder direct it. Or Michael Bay!!

>

> They don't have the money for such directors.

We are safe then! XD

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > > > Or a GW2 movie! (Yeah!/Oh no...)

> > >

> > > Looking at their latest youtube creations... please don't make GW2 movie. Game won't stand another shot to the head.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > But... but... they can make Zack Snyder direct it. Or Michael Bay!!

>

> They don't have the money for such directors.

Not the Zack Snyder, a Zack Snyder. I am sure that there is one out there who would be willing to give it a shot for a couple hundred bucks.

> @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> new moba game at best . do not think they will come out with any thing more at all for this game . but yet no one knows till they speak

> and i highly doubt they will come out with GW3 or any at all type of hardware updates or any thing like that.

>

> but also now thinking about this too it could be a new card game as well too as i recall from reading post in other places .

Easy money if so I'd play it.

There wont be a GW3, it would be a massive stupid move since why would they?

Their biggest reason why they created GW2 was they were not able to create stuff back in the good old GW1, GW2 is still a beauty and we have so much more to explore. So for those who keep saying "_GW3 will come soon_", sit down and shut it! :angry:

Now, back to the point. I hope they will announce the next 3rd expansion to keep up the paste.

WoW are doing extremely good and are fast in creating expansions, maybe ANet are focusing on this too? I sure hope!! :yum:

Holy shit, i know this is wild and crazy, But what if they announced a new expansion. This instead of being a big content expansion like PoF, This instead is Race expansion. Like Tengu, kodan or other races. Now how they would solve the story timeline i don't know. maybe make itlike allied races in WoW? or you start at lvl 60 and your starting zone goes from 60-70 and then 70-80 or something simillery? I got no clue, but this would be pretty lit if you asked me.

> @"Kyban.4031" said:

> It would be great to see an engine revamp (GW2.1). It honestly seems like the current engine is so old it is hard to work with and that kind of announcement would be worth an E3 booth. I suspect some features we've been waiting for are difficult to implement well as is (e.g. build templates) so I'd be super exited to see an engine rework including stuff like new netcode, possibility of new features, better (and more optimized) graphics, and an easier engine to work with so they can produce content faster.

While nice a 2.1 is hardly worth a major announcement, that is internal housekeeping. As to old it is not 6 years old yet. While that is "replace your desktop" time it is not "rewrite a multimillion dollar engine" time. Remember if the engine gets rewritten, either to 2.1 or to 3, all of the content they have developed under 2 will need to be at least tested, if not changed. If they are announcing anything it would be new content however I am guessing they are just keeping their name out there, if you look at any top list of games GW2 is not on it. GW2 is starting to fall off people's radars, even with expansions.

> @"Mysticjedi.6053" said:

> When GW2 was first announced a mobile app was mentioned. One that would interact with your inventory, Black Lion traders, and allow you to craft. I imagine it would now include wardrobe. Would really cool if it had mini games.

This idea is long dead and replaced with API and 3rd party services based on it.

> @"Draxjon.1790" said:

> Holy kitten, i know this is wild and crazy, But what if they announced a new expansion. This instead of being a big content expansion like PoF, This instead is Race expansion. Like Tengu, kodan or other races. Now how they would solve the story timeline i don't know. maybe make itlike allied races in WoW? or you start at lvl 60 and your starting zone goes from 60-70 and then 70-80 or something simillery? I got no clue, but this would be pretty lit if you asked me.

They won't add new races, they've already beaten this horse to death in just about every ama.

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > @"Draxjon.1790" said:

> > Holy kitten, i know this is wild and crazy, But what if they announced a new expansion. This instead of being a big content expansion like PoF, This instead is Race expansion. Like Tengu, kodan or other races. Now how they would solve the story timeline i don't know. maybe make itlike allied races in WoW? or you start at lvl 60 and your starting zone goes from 60-70 and then 70-80 or something simillery? I got no clue, but this would be pretty lit if you asked me.

>

> They won't add new races, they've already beaten this horse to death in just about every ama.

I'm pretty sure they never gave us definite answer about new races.

Can't imagine they just announce a feature in GW2. You don't got to E3 for such low profile content. I rather assume they announce something bigger. Hopefully a new IP or a new kind of game within the GW universe. Someone said MOBA - personally, I would love it, but it's unlikely, since MOBAs are dying (unless you are Riot, Blizzard or Valve).

Also, a mobile game? I certainly hope not and I - again - can't imagine they attend E3 for this. So, I could imagine either a card game similar to Hearthstone or a new game. Let's see...

> @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> Can't imagine they just announce a feature in GW2. You don't got to E3 for such low profile content. I rather assume they announce something bigger. Hopefully a new IP or a new kind of game within the GW universe. Someone said MOBA - personally, I would love it, but it's unlikely, since MOBAs are dying (unless you are Riot, Blizzard or Valve).

>

> Also, a mobile game? I certainly hope not and I - again - can't imagine they attend E3 for this. So, I could imagine either a card game similar to Hearthstone or a new game. Let's see...

MOBA is unlikely. NCSoft's MxM was a recent big failure so Anet wouldn't be so... unresponsible to go with failed concept. On MOBA market even big player like Blizzard is considered a failure with their HotS game.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > Can't imagine they just announce a feature in GW2. You don't got to E3 for such low profile content. I rather assume they announce something bigger. Hopefully a new IP or a new kind of game within the GW universe. Someone said MOBA - personally, I would love it, but it's unlikely, since MOBAs are dying (unless you are Riot, Blizzard or Valve).

> >

> > Also, a mobile game? I certainly hope not and I - again - can't imagine they attend E3 for this. So, I could imagine either a card game similar to Hearthstone or a new game. Let's see...

>

> MOBA is unlikely. NCSoft's MxM was a recent big failure so Anet wouldn't be so... unresponsible to go with failed concept. On MOBA market even big player like Blizzard is considered a failure with their HotS game.

...that's what I said. Blizzard's HotS is doing fine though. Not as nearly as successful as Dota or LoL ofc.

> @"Yukio blaster.9082" said:

> Like most of you know ANET gonna participate in E3 2018 and I've been wondering, What they probably gonna promote !!

> What i guess is a new MOBA game based on GW2 combat mechanic's (Hope so, and not some mobile app or game ....).

Please Ilmarinen, no.

If any effort goes into something other than GW2 it will affect GW2 itself. Yes, they will hire new people but they only have a finite number of resources at some levels.