ArenaNet attending E3 2018

Chilli.2976

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Effective September 1st, GW2 will become free to play and pay to play. Pay to play will cost $12.00 a month or $9.00 a month if paid yearly. Free to play will lose several

of their current benefits while pay to play will keep the current game the way it is plus will receive several nice new benefits.

Listen for the announcements when E3 begins.

Have a great day.

What i want: The game gets ported to DX12/Unreal Engine 4

What we will get: New items on the gem store

The best thing that could happen is the announcement of GW3 for 2019. GW2 has too much problems, problems that will take them years to fix, and even then, it won't be fully fixed. This game is old. Its time to move on... a new expansion with content for less than a week won't excite anyone else but the few white knights still playing the game.

> @"Aramus.8143" said:

> Effective September 1st, GW2 will become free to play and pay to play. Pay to play will cost $12.00 a month or $9.00 a month if paid yearly. Free to play will lose several

> of their current benefits while pay to play will keep the current game the way it is plus will receive several nice new benefits.

> Listen for the announcements when E3 begins.

>

> Have a great day.

"Also, we actually don't want to run a game anymore, we thought this was the best way to show it."

(To be clear - that's how likely I find the subscription model to be.)

Since they're attending to E3, they must announce something big or new content.

1. I was thinking if they are going to Remaster/Remake GW1 as many game companies are doing that right now.

2. Something brand new to GW2, like a super big update, similar to for an example, Heroes of the Storm 2.0. New playable modes (GvG, Alliance battle), new playable race, anything tbh.

3. Announcement for Expansion #3.

4. A completely new game, for PC/console/mobile(?)

No matter what, I am looking forward to see what ANet has to offer and surprise us at E3! :)

• 2 weeks later...

> The best thing that could happen is the announcement of GW3 for 2019. GW2 has too much problems, problems that will take them years to fix, and even then, it won't be fully fixed. This game is old. Its time to move on... a new expansion with content for less than a week won't excite anyone else but the few white knights still playing the game.

Quite honestly, I've had a 4 year break and I left loving GW2 with little time to play it. Coming back, everything is new, and I am learning a lot about the game and other than grindy achievements and Masteries there isn't anything negative to say. Also, the grind isn't a complaint WoW is grind central, and I've been playing that for 11 years. I mean nothing is perfect, but this entire forum post has been rather negative and very harsh toward a game that everyone seems to care enough to comment about?

In my opinion, GW2 have done very well considering they are not pay to play, and thats what they stood for years ago. Game's beautiful, story is rich, love the combat. I'd love to see what else they can do but calling it a total mess, or having too much problems is really quite a turn off for new/returning players.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> “Business meetings” is the current rumor but I imagine they’ll have a trailer and brief q and a or something about this episode that’s on the horizon.

That was a direct statement from their head of global marketing (reddit). We also already knew that they only had 2 small meeting rooms booked, and taking a quick glance at the manual, they're private closed spaces (10x20ft) with no outside advertising allowed. Optimistically, they could reveal the trailer just prior to E3 and talk to press there, but chances are nothing public will happen, plus the current gem store schedule is suggesting the next patch won't be until June 26.

I figured as much about E3 and the next episode. I don’t recall Anet ever delaying an episode for something like E3 or PAX. Yet people were so quick to assume that and discount anything to suggest otherwise including a post from Anet giving the reason for the delay.

Guys, please read the thread before responding to its start. We have a definitive statement from a dev (on Reddit, not in this thread, but quoted just a few posts above this) that there is NO announcement coming, they are just having some business meetings with potential partners. Please stop setting yourselves up for disappointment over the lack of announcements.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> Guys, please read the thread before responding to its start. We have a definitive statement from a dev (on Reddit, not in this thread, but quoted just a few posts above this) that there is NO announcement coming, they are just having some business meetings with potential partners. Please stop setting yourselves up for disappointment over the lack of announcements.

They cant help it!

> @"Windu The Forbidden One.6045" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"EpicName.4523" said:

> > > Sincerely hope it is not GW3. Everything invested in GW2 will feel wasted.

> >

> > Welcome to every online game ever.

>

> You say that like it's normal for an MMO to have a sequel. It's not.

> MMO's rarely have sequels, and rightly so, because it would just waste all the time and effort you have invested, which tends to be a lot given how time consuming mmo's can be. There is no World of Warcraft 2, EvE online 2 or Elder Scrolls Online 2 either, and nor should there be.

>

> The only reason GW1 had a sequel at all, is because GW1 wasn't a true mmo, it was a CORPG (Competitive/Cooperative Online Role Playing Game). And I use the term "online" loosely, since the entire game can be played solo (with heroes/henchmen) and all zones outside cities are instanced.

>

Everquest 2, Lineage 2, Maple Story 2, Final Fantasy 14 not a sequel but the second MMO from that franchise, there was a game by Turbine that had a sequel, Camelot Unchained is basically a sequel to Dark Age of Camelot.

I'm sure there's more.