Are any mount skins obtainable without buying them?

SmirkDog.3160

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In answer to the titular question, yes. One of each in fact.

Now, I wonder if there are any new Toyotas available without buying? I currently own one (a couple of years old at this point) so surely the company will allow me to get another by playing the radio in my current model.

> @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> The discrepancy of skins of gliders/mounts you can get in game and through gem stores is so out of hand, it's beyond ridiculous. Not even ONE single kitten skin we can get. What a huge missed opportunity. Maybe you would have more players if you give us at least 5-10% of those skins via in game... It just feels too greedy. I mean not a single kitten skin!?!?!?!?

Calling this game greedy is pretty funny. There is no monthly subscription. There have been 2 expansions that are both cheap. I bought both expansions separately, but I’m pretty sure you could get the bundle for 50 bucks. That’s the whole game without a time limit for 50 bucks. Living world is also free as long as you log in.

So you can’t earn a skin in game...big whoop. You can earn gold and convert to gems. So if you wanted you can get all the skins for free. This game hardly makes you pay for anything as you get most stuff free or have the option to get it free. GW2 is quite the opposite of greedy.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> In answer to the titular question, yes. One of each in fact.

>

> Now, I wonder if there are any new Toyotas available without buying? I currently own one (a couple of years old at this point) so surely the company will allow me to get another by playing the radio in my current model.

Wow...just wow

I thought I've seen any form of argument, but you proved me wrong. OP bought a copy of a game from ArenaNet, he is not asking to get another ArenaNet or NCsoft game for free.

Let's stick with your Toyota example and make it work. Let's say it has a board computer that's connected to the Internet. It has a basic UI, looks like it has been created in the 90's. Shortly after you bought your car, Toyota released several new themes for your board computer's UI, dark theme, rainbow theme, you name it. To download and apply a theme, you have to buy a prepaid card from Toyota and pay 5 bucks per theme. But there are 30 new themes, and you cannot simply pick the one you like, you get one randomly.

Would you even consider giving them a single Cent??

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> In answer to the titular question, yes. One of each in fact.

>

> Now, I wonder if there are any new Toyotas available without buying? I currently own one (a couple of years old at this point) so surely the company will allow me to get another by playing the radio in my current model.

I have a serious question for you. How many lootboxes did you have to open till you got the Toyota model and coloring that you wanted?

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > In answer to the titular question, yes. One of each in fact.

> >

> > Now, I wonder if there are any new Toyotas available without buying? I currently own one (a couple of years old at this point) so surely the company will allow me to get another by playing the radio in my current model.

>

> Wow...just wow

>

> I thought I've seen any form of argument, but you proved me wrong. OP bought a copy of a game from ArenaNet, he is not asking to get another ArenaNet or NCsoft game for free.

>

> Let's stick with your Toyota example and make it work. Let's say it has a board computer that's connected to the Internet. It has a basic UI, looks like it has been created in the 90's. Shortly after you bought your car, Toyota released several new themes for your board computer's UI, dark theme, rainbow theme, you name it. To download and apply a theme, you have to buy a prepaid card from Toyota and pay 5 bucks per theme. But there are 30 new themes, and you cannot simply pick the one you like, you get one randomly.

>

> Would you even consider giving them a single Cent??

The OP bought one product from ANet and is now complaining that he doesnt get their other products for free.

> @"Majirah.5089" said:

> > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > The discrepancy of skins of gliders/mounts you can get in game and through gem stores is so out of hand, it's beyond ridiculous. Not even ONE single kitten skin we can get. What a huge missed opportunity. Maybe you would have more players if you give us at least 5-10% of those skins via in game... It just feels too greedy. I mean not a single kitten skin!?!?!?!?

>

> Calling this game greedy is pretty funny. There is no monthly subscription. There have been 2 expansions that are both cheap. I bought both expansions separately, but I’m pretty sure you could get the bundle for 50 bucks. That’s the whole game without a time limit for 50 bucks. Living world is also free as long as you log in.

>

> So you can’t earn a skin in game...big whoop. You can earn gold and convert to gems. So if you wanted you can get all the skins for free. This game hardly makes you pay for anything as you get most stuff free or have the option to get it free. GW2 is quite the opposite of greedy.

One mount skin (2000 gems) for half the price of a full regular game and more expensive than a lot of good indie games is rather on the expensive side. And again, I am not against a gem store, but the sheer fact that there is not one single (aside from original) mount skin is rather questionable. Hopefully there will be some later, but as shown with glider skins: they rather use every single resource to monetise. I complain about the sheer amount of glider skins in gem store and the sheer non-existence of available skins (aside from original, HoT collections edition and three legendary skins) through in game play like reputation farming, questlines, achievements etc.

Again, would you use the same arguments when you get one single weapon skin for each weapon type and you had to buy every single skin through gem store? Be cause it is the same principle and no one here tried to counter the argument.

> @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> Again, would you use the same arguments when you get one single weapon skin for each weapon type and you had to buy every single skin through gem store? Be cause it is the same principle and no one here tried to counter the argument.

Weapons are the game's apples, oranges and loaves of bread. Mounts are the triple-decker chocolate birthday cake with cream filling.

Not saying I wouldn't like to see a craftable or questable mount skin, but comparing it to the simple basic necessities of the game is not really reasonable.