cMirage is Super Fun!

Aorin.9168

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Esplen.3940 said:

> > @ProtoGunner.4953 said:

> > Holy kitten are you negative. It's fun to play, just chill and go out into the world and play some PvE for god's sake...

>

> Fun to play isn't a good reason for balance. They could have given us a Hammer with a skillset weaker than Staff and people would enjoy it. Flashy skills and relative enjoyment don't balance games.

>

> Yes, I enjoy playing Mirage in open world PvE, but that doesn't make it better than what it is, nor does that equate to it being good. I think that it's a pretty terrible spec with little synergy (even with itself). Why do I play it? Because I wanted a break from Chrono and core Mesmer. Also the Axe, while clunky with constant movement and RNG/fails, has really good condi pressure so it doesn't matter that I go down a lot (because my clones pick me back up). Of course in any high level content that won't cut it, and I wouldn't run Mirage in it's current state.

Even in open world there are situations where ambush mechanics lacks. As an example today I went to Queen Yidaxu legendary twice in Crystal Oasis, as a Mirage and later as Chrono. With the Mirage due to the heavy areas I wasn't able to stay at melee range all the time and wasting ambush (often) in whatever direction to avoid the damage and finally using distortion losing my phantasms and needing to re-summon them, half a minute later I downed and then I died. With Chrono I summoned the three phantasm but in the final minutes like before I needed be invulnerable but this time F5+heal+distortion, but this time my phantasm respawned and continue attacking and I was able to re-summon them few seconds before need to use a second F4. The conclusion: I ended with the feeling of have done more damage with the Chrono due to not lose my phantasms and also be alive... And you have to keep in mind that it is something that can happen more than once during a long fight. In casual PVE... Something that should not happen in a coordinated group, with dedicated roles as in a raid, if they want carry a Mirage...