cMirage is Super Fun!

Aorin.9168

@zealex.9410 said:

> > @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > @OP I don't agree. I desperately want to like Mirage.. but it feels confused to me. Perhaps with a few days' experience, I don't know.

>

> Its mad fun in pvp.

Please elaborate. So far, I haven't see this spec work well enough to pvp test. How are you using it? Be as specific as you can.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @zealex.9410 said:

> > @Levetty.1279 said:

> > > @zealex.9410 said:

> > > Maaaan powe mirage is fun as well. I didnt erxpect it but axe and utils have some good scaling.

> >

> > Axe has some of the weakest power scaling in the game.

>

> It has way lower cds than sword to somewhat balance that. Also im sayiang it feels nice in open world pve u wouldnt take this in instance content.

What? It can have no cds at all and it will still have shit power scaling and be beat by sword auto attacks.

> @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> @zealex.9410 said:

> > > @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > > @OP I don't agree. I desperately want to like Mirage.. but it feels confused to me. Perhaps with a few days' experience, I don't know.

> >

> > Its mad fun in pvp.

>

> Please elaborate. So far, I haven't see this spec work well enough to pvp test. How are you using it? Be as specific as you can.

I tried kind of 2 builds. Axe torch and staff and sword torch and gs. I found that you can do quite alot of opening burst with torch 4 axe 3 jaunt and if you have a clone out you can make quite abit more with jaunt and axe 2. Also axe 3 makes it easy to land shatters.

Sword torch gs i might have been lucky i run jaunt again for clone generation and focushed on interupts and gs amvush burst. Funnily enough it seems like gs adds up with you got 2 or moe clnes out and u ambush. And sword interupt on aa traited with some clones out can be nasty.

> @musu.9205 said:

> > @Aorin.9168 said:

> > I care not for raid viability, high level fractals, whether its "meta" or not, whether it "is better" than other specs. It's fun to play. This is a game right? I ENJOY this spec. It's effective enough that it doesnt kitten; it can kill things rather quickly, has good survivability and can solo Champs and HP's in Maguuma.

> >

> > You can tell me its trash all you want but I'm having fun playing it and that's all that matters to me as far as a video GAME is concerned.

> >

> > Man this community is toxic. I came here to leave feedback for devs and I get railed on :(

>

> your fun is different than others , we tried to reason with you why it is not fun for many reasons but you refused to listen and just told us : shatter do bunch of stuff so much fun .

>

> its ok you have fun with it , but its also ok people disagree with you and they backup their opinion unlike yours : do bunch of stuff

>

> then again if its fun no matter what for you , then why would you be bothered by others suggest its weaker and its skills dont work . i meant other people want to enjoy new elite in raid or serious pvp too , but currrently they cant without being the burden to their group . why cant they be unhappy about this ?

>

> this community is toxic lol whats your feedback exactly ?

> its fun so everyone should shut up and say same as me ?

> the irony

>

If someone likes something they don't need to have a reason, they just find it enjoyable.

People are too used to broken chrono so playing something like Mirage is a different kind of gameplay approach. You'll never have something as good as chrono, it's hard to really compete with it at all especially in PvP/WvW because it's utterly broken and such a game changer on many levels especially in PvP. It's for this reason daredevil shortbow d/p thief and chrono will always be top gameplay changing classes - they're broken.

Playing mirage , it has limitations , but again, it's hard to beat chrono.

> @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > @Makai.3429 said:

> > > @Aorin.9168 said:

> > > I care not for raid viability, high level fractals, whether its "meta" or not, whether it "is better" than other specs. It's fun to play. This is a game right? I ENJOY this spec. It's effective enough that it doesnt kitten; it can kill things rather quickly, has good survivability and can solo Champs and HP's in Maguuma.

> > >

> > > You can tell me its trash all you want but I'm having fun playing it and that's all that matters to me as far as a video GAME is concerned.

> > >

> > > Man this community is toxic. I came here to leave feedback for devs and I get railed on :(

> >

> > Well, I appreciate you sharing your builds. I've found Mirage to be a blast in open world. (Also, some of us forum untouchables are starting our own club - you should join us and have fun without fear of being judged.)

> >

>

> Cele trinket Mirrage is ready to join!

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAnf8anELD1LjFpBmpBMMjlXDDNAkTeOlVgeTwxv/VATgA-jVSHQBC4JAwIVCCq6OhY/h6oEEAnAgmo8beHEgbqfIAACwMLzysMDm5Mn5Mn5M76ycmzcmzcmzcmzcmlCoKlVA-w

> Open World / WvW - build

> Originally i took Cele trinkets, cause i was 100% sure Mirage mantle would be reworked into barrier or a Heal...misscalculating here, but still i got the feeling as if the stats aren't lost. Vita/ toughness, power/preci/fero + condi dmg is always nice to have, while the healing power is just the flat bonus. (if u didnt know until now ; cle gear has rougly 20% higher total stats then 3 stat or 4 stat gear. for example asc cele amulett has a total of 504 stats , while Berserk for example only has 388 and viper has 408)

You're a terrible untouchable for running that. Just kidding! I'm having fun on my Rabid/Sinister Mirage since I like the extra layer of defense.

Also having a blast in open world PvE. Rune of the Adventurer and Sigil of Energy are pretty fun to use on this E-spec.

[My build.](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQJAnanknBlphVLDOoBMMjlcjC9HKpdrMAStWzf9j/7H-jxxHQB06EAAgHAQGVCOL9A7Y/h1p+zAV+BA-e "gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQJAnanknBlphVLDOoBMMjlcjC9HKpdrMAStWzf9j/7H-jxxHQB06EAAgHAQGVCOL9A7Y/h1p+zAV+BA-e")

I agree with the OP, Mirage is super fun. I think what most of you fail to realize is that it's a "New" elite specialization and will more than likely not play like chrono or core mesmer. Stop crying and enjoy the build diversity, play what you want and what works for you. I've been running a Hybrid phantasm "battle mesmer" for a long time and I must say, Mirage is awesome for my particular playstyle. I've had plenty of awesome fights in WvW over the weekend and am noticing a little more utility VIA Combos ( finishers ) and it has great synergy with other classes . I'm not saying it's perfect but it sure as hell is fun.

> @"Syprus Soulslayer.1640" said:

> enjoy the build diversity, play what you want and what works for you

This "play what you want" turns out to be GW2's biggest flaw and issue, 5 years in. At least IMO. It prevents a lot of proper class design and class balance, because everyone wants every combination of weird effects they can think of to be kept around. Just look at how often clone-death-traits are still referenced. I wish they'd instead reduce the options **significantly** and in return make those we have actually meaningful.

Though, frankly, even before that step I feel the devs would need to go all the way back to the drawing board and figure out what each is supposed to **be**. What is the cohesive theme behind each class. And from there derive a much more minimal set of features than the overloaded spammy skills we have now. Part of the reason we can do this "play whatever you want" is that nowadays each skill seems to have 3-5 effects, once traits are included. It's just too much. I'd prefer if skills do one thing only, and one thing *well*. Also makes the game less confusing to newcomers and easier to watch in a stream.

(Example: Warrior elevator pitch "Unstoppable force barreling down on you" -> Only class with substantial access to stability, lots of immunities, lots of abilities to shrug off all kinds of effects, passive enhancements to condi and CC resistance abound, in return low range even on ranged options and quite slow. You can't stop them, only avoid them.)

> @musu.9205 said:

> > @Zoser.7245 said:

> > Maybe that was the intention, since they do not get how to make it effective outside of (perhaps) a specific use or none, at least they make it pretty visually and chaotic for casual players and allow them and new ones to have some fun with Mirage specialization.

>

> well intention or not , it certainly created the false hype for casual and hides the true issues . until month later when everyone demand meta builds for certain content , casual will start cry for usefulness from this elite spec. but at that point , anet wont fix this crap . just see how it goes for scrapper or reaper or rev .

Holy shit are you negative. It's fun to play, just chill and go out into the world and play some PvE for god's sake...

> @Malice.8439 said:

> > @Abelisk.4527 said:

> > Okay I went Power Mirage and it's amazing af

>

> Mind sharing your build?

>

> I'm full ascended berserker, and I went dueling/illusions/mirage with sw/sw + gs. I haven't been downed yet, but I do feel extremely fragile without my shield - just in open world PvE.

Oh, sorry. The build is for PvP/WvW.

I'm still experimenting, but here is what I've refined the build down to after numerous tests:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAsf3cnELDlphFMDGpBMMjlVDzvA2AjglRgRQA4sJkEiOA-jphIABH/AA2/IA4/BBQ/9HA4EAQdZAA

I can't put it down! Really fast and reactive playstyle.

> @Carighan.6758 said:

> > @"Syprus Soulslayer.1640" said:

> > enjoy the build diversity, play what you want and what works for you

>

> This "play what you want" turns out to be GW2's biggest flaw and issue, 5 years in. At least IMO. It prevents a lot of proper class design and class balance, because everyone wants every combination of weird effects they can think of to be kept around. Just look at how often clone-death-traits are still referenced. I wish they'd instead reduce the options **significantly** and in return make those we have actually meaningful.

>

> Though, frankly, even before that step I feel the devs would need to go all the way back to the drawing board and figure out what each is supposed to **be**. What is the cohesive theme behind each class. And from there derive a much more minimal set of features than the overloaded spammy skills we have now. Part of the reason we can do this "play whatever you want" is that nowadays each skill seems to have 3-5 effects, once traits are included. It's just too much. I'd prefer if skills do one thing only, and one thing *well*. Also makes the game less confusing to newcomers and easier to watch in a stream.

>

> (Example: Warrior elevator pitch "Unstoppable force barreling down on you" -> Only class with substantial access to stability, lots of immunities, lots of abilities to shrug off all kinds of effects, passive enhancements to condi and CC resistance abound, in return low range even on ranged options and quite slow. You can't stop them, only avoid them.)

>

I agree with you, there's way to many passive traits and procs that award passive playstles and in the hands of a skilled veteran are simply broken. This game has way too many invulnerables ( I'm looking at you warriors ). What I meant by "Play what works for you" is that there's more than 1 way to play a class and be successful. Your build is only 1/2 of the equation, gearing and utilities can add a lot to a build if you pair them correctly to your particular playstle.

I was seriously underwhelmed with Mirage. The lack of movement on dodge is a serious problem. The ambush skills don't seem meaningful, and I think there's a problem when you spend your dodges for offense instead of defense. Finally the mirror shards just give the same mirage effect from dodging, but for a teammate? As I said, seriously underwhelmed.

> @juno.1840 said:

> I was seriously underwhelmed with Mirage. The lack of movement on dodge is a serious problem. The ambush skills don't seem meaningful, and I think there's a problem when you spend your dodges for offense instead of defense. Finally the mirror shards just give the same mirage effect from dodging, but for a teammate? As I said, seriously underwhelmed.

I felt the same way about the dodges at first, but after this weekend I'm loving it. You just have to train yourself to triple tap and hold when you dodge instead of double tap. The super speed you get allows this to act like a dodge while allowing you to choose your direction while evading attacks, it's brilliant! I do feel that the ambushes are lack luster given the risk / reward / damage output. It's hard to justify using an evade / stun break / condi cleanse for an offensive ability when the damage is garbage. From a utility standpoint sword ambush is the best being that it acts as a gap closer and interrupt. The mirrors do seem kinda strange, perhaps a rework allowing your allies to use them or gain boons from them would make them more useful??

> @ProtoGunner.4953 said:

> Holy kitten are you negative. It's fun to play, just chill and go out into the world and play some PvE for god's sake...

Fun to play isn't a good reason for balance. They could have given us a Hammer with a skillset weaker than Staff and people would enjoy it. Flashy skills and relative enjoyment don't balance games.

Yes, I enjoy playing Mirage in open world PvE, but that doesn't make it better than what it is, nor does that equate to it being good. I think that it's a pretty terrible spec with little synergy (even with itself). Why do I play it? Because I wanted a break from Chrono and core Mesmer. Also the Axe, while clunky with constant movement and RNG/fails, has really good condi pressure so it doesn't matter that I go down a lot (because my clones pick me back up). Of course in any high level content that won't cut it, and I wouldn't run Mirage in it's current state.

> @Maggotpez.7598 said:

> > @"Syprus Soulslayer.1640" said:

> > You just have to train yourself to triple tap and hold when you dodge instead of double tap.

>

> You should not be double tapping to dodge in the first place. Keybind that and save a button press/wasted time.

I move around a lot when I fight and find it quicker / more efficient to do it manually, plus that allows me to change directions on the fly or combo invis / evades with direction changes.

Uhh, you can't dodge while you have cloak. Try it.

However, the downside is that there's a downtime between each dodge based on your input + latency since you can't queue the dodge. It is possible to have no delay while maintaining cloak for a while but it involves picking up mirrors, not using your dodge key.

> @Esplen.3940 said:

> Uhh, you can't dodge while you have cloak. Try it.

>

> However, the downside is that there's a downtime between each dodge based on your input + latency since you can't queue the dodge. It is possible to have no delay while maintaining cloak for a while but it involves picking up mirrors, not using your dodge key.

>

>

I'm aware of this, but as I already stated I'm constantly moving and find it easier to double tap to activate the evade and keep it moving.