Kasmeer and Marjory

dontlook.1823

I'm all for having characters die off, the more likable the better imo since it gives me something to feel when it happens.

Gotta admit I didn't care much for Eir dying off.. matter of fact I actually predicted it as a possibility which I was surprised to see come to reality.

Sure It was like aww Eir..

but I had no real emotional attachment to her so it didn't take long for that to wear off.

The Dragons Watch group has far more attachement to me since these are characters i've gotten very fond of over time.. some more than others for example Taimi and Canach I absolutely adore where as Marjory and Kasmeer I like but they really haven't been around as much for me to really care about them in the same way.

When a death happens it's gotta be big for people to really care and the only way that happens is if you really invest in that character first and Eir just didn't have that kind of investment imo

Only thing I don't agree with in the OP on though is the idea of our character having a romantic interest.. that would be a huge mess of issues that would never pay off XD

it's diving far too much into the individual preferences and differences of every individual player.. there's no way they could do something like that without annoying a lot of people or investing a ridiculous amount of time and work into a multitude of different love interest options whom would never be able to live upto the role the way everyone wanted their ideal gw2 partner to be..

Not even worth going down that road lol

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BuryYourGays

>

> Let's not kill Kasmeer or Marjory please.

>

> I'd be ok with Braham or Taimi going -- Braham is just constantly hounding you for no particular reason, and Taimi's an obnoxious deus ex machina. Marjory is the only one with an actual personality, so I definitely don't want to see her go.

Only way I can personally see Taimi losing her life is through her disease, Braham may pull a "Leeroy" on us.

Beside of any romance, I don't like it when players constantly demand that a npc has to die for the development of a story. It is boring, it kills the fantasy of the game and decrease further content possibilities. There are many ways for a character improvement, why has always someone has to die for this? The dead of an important npc should be the last option and should be a really rare event.

> @"Killjoy.9213" said:

> Only way I can personally see Taimi losing her life is through her disease, Braham may pull a "Leeroy" on us.

U mean "Kilroy" right?

> @"Menaki.6329" said:

> Beside of any romance, I don't like it when players constantly demand that a npc has to die for the development of a story. It is boring, it kills the fantasy of the game and decrease further content possibilities. There are many ways for a character improvement, why has always someone has to die for this? The dead of an important npc should be the last option and should be a really rare event.

>

I agree that characters should not constantly be dieing around the PC and that it should be a rare Event but it still should be Happening from time to time and it should also be "important" characters..

anyone remembers Tonnthe explosiv Genius?.. he died yes but me personally did not care cuz he was introduced .. like 2 missions previos and had maybe 4 textlines? ok in startrek those who die only got 1 line of text so ist kinda an approvement but ist still not enough for me to care about them.

in opposite that Mission with tonn and the aftermath was pretty annoing from my Point of view. but indeed i liked that Little reminder in HoT when we Meet his wife again

i guess we all cared in one way or the other about our order Mentor on claw Island but apart from that i cant remember any "important" character dieing until eir in HoT while i got to say i was not really concerned cuz eir from all D.E. Member she is the one i had least interest in .. maybe because im not really interested in norn as playable race

their lore is nice and interesting but thats pretty much all. so i never had much contact to eir ingame

so i was not sad after her death but i was surprised and cared about it because i did not expect that A-net to actually do this. cuz lot of cases in movies and games it would be avoided in a way we are witnissing it with zoija right now..

to be honest i would not had mind if the number of deaths would have been +1. mordremoth seemed to be one super dangerous guy after all

> @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > @"norbes.3620" said:

> > > @"Killjoy.9213" said:

> >

> > > Only way I can personally see Taimi losing her life is through her disease, Braham may pull a "Leeroy" on us.

> >

> > U mean "Kilroy" right?

>

> STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!

>

>

kitten I love that dwarf

Aye, KILLROOOOOOY!

I’d rather they not kill Marjory or Kasmeer, but if one of them DOES die I’d rather it be Marjory, because Kasmeer gets scary when Marjory gets hurt, not to mention it would make more sense in Lore since Marjory puts herself in more situations to be injured, and has been injured in multiple major fights (Scarlet, Balthazar, and I believe one more).

Also, if they’re going to do a PC love story thing there better be multiple options, one of which being the “I’m choosing no one” option or else there will be unholy hellfire from the community. These people lose it over not being able to change the wording of a sentence, or the tone it’s said in, just imagine if their character is forced into a relationship they don’t like.

> @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> I’d rather they not kill Marjory or Kasmeer, but if one of them DOES die I’d rather it be Marjory, because Kasmeer gets scary when Marjory gets hurt, not to mention it would make more sense in Lore since Marjory puts herself in more situations to be injured, and has been injured in multiple major fights (Scarlet, Balthazar, and I believe one more).

>

> Also, if they’re going to do a PC love story thing there better be multiple options, one of which being the “I’m choosing no one” option or else there will be unholy hellfire from the community. These people lose it over not being able to change the wording of a sentence, or the tone it’s said in, just imagine if their character is forced into a relationship they don’t like.

But Ofcourse!

Just imagine u got this awesome headcanon on off relationship with that awesome bartender chick From Ur hometown wich give u thrills

And have to replace IT with.. Some whiny Hysteric Mesmer who just lost her girl friend?

Or some annoying necromancer Detektive with.. Sure some Nice voice.. Who just lost..

Or maybe get Ur turn with the New pact Marshall who is god thanks to busy with work or thinking bout how He failed to conquer his crush to Spend time with u

Perhaps Ur more into The tough furry soldier /

Some gloomy teenager who realize He love and hate u at The same time cuz u Spend more time with his mother than himself

AT least there would still be salad as an Option sooo...

Yea u get it . i dont really See this fit into gw2

> @"norbes.3620" said:

> > @"Durzlla.6295" said:

> > I’d rather they not kill Marjory or Kasmeer, but if one of them DOES die I’d rather it be Marjory, because Kasmeer gets scary when Marjory gets hurt, not to mention it would make more sense in Lore since Marjory puts herself in more situations to be injured, and has been injured in multiple major fights (Scarlet, Balthazar, and I believe one more).

> >

> > Also, if they’re going to do a PC love story thing there better be multiple options, one of which being the “I’m choosing no one” option or else there will be unholy hellfire from the community. These people lose it over not being able to change the wording of a sentence, or the tone it’s said in, just imagine if their character is forced into a relationship they don’t like.

>

> But Ofcourse!

>

> Just imagine u got this awesome headcanon on off relationship with that awesome bartender chick From Ur hometown wich give u thrills

>

> And have to replace IT with.. Some whiny Hysteric Mesmer who just lost her girl friend?

> Or some annoying necromancer Detektive with.. Sure some Nice voice.. Who just lost..

>

> Or maybe get Ur turn with the New pact Marshall who is god thanks to busy with work or thinking bout how He failed to conquer his crush to Spend time with u

>

> Perhaps Ur more into The tough furry soldier /

> Some gloomy teenager who realize He love and hate u at The same time cuz u Spend more time with his mother than himself

>

> AT least there would still be salad as an Option sooo...

>

> Yea u get it . i dont really See this fit into gw2

I mean, if you're trying to have the love interest be an existing NPC it would make little to no sense and would be incredibly forced, i'm saying IF they decide that's the route they'd go they'd just need to make like, Male Option, Female Option, and "Stay Single" at a minimum.

That being said, i really could care less if they implement a "love interest" for the PC in the main storyline, i don't see a real point to it and it will just piss off more people than it'll make happy unless they include a whole bunch of different options and at that point it's just wasting resources for something that's either going to be ridiculously minor and self contained in a single arc, or is just going to drain more resources in the future for little gain.

• 2 weeks later...