This Game Desperately Needs An Item for Skipping Hearts!!!

Israel.7056

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > You might as well go ahead and ask for paying for map completion entirely if you’re going to ask for paying for hearts. Spend X gems and get your Gift of Exploration from the gem store. The ultimate convenience, because that’s all that matters, amirite?

> > >

> > > I'd be fine with that too. Maybe add an item for hearts and an item that just lets you full complete a map. Make the second more expensive than the first and watch the gem sales go through the roof.

> >

> > Amazingly enough removing effort from getting something, besides the effort of opening up your wallet and typing in your credit card number, is not best for the game. Making the Gift of Exploration all or part of a credit card purchase instead of an ingame accomplishment cheapens it and cheapening it damages the game. It makes Legendary weapons less of an ingame accomplishment, where ingame accomplishments are necessary for the health of the game, both to keep people occupied and logging on and to keep respect for the game and its goals. I’m sorry if you’re bored but your personal boredom is not a reason to harm the game by removing effort and lessening the Legendary weapons.

>

> We've been able to buy gen 1 legendary weapons with a credit card since launch, you know that right? The weapons themselves have always been tradeable.

Yes, But the effort of making them was not buyable from ANet. Someone had to hoof through the maps and do all the work. You bought from a players who did **all** the work for it.

Not the same.

Edit: and that’s why the new Legendaries can’t be bought from the trading post, because ANet realized that bypassing effort like that wasn’t good for the game.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > You might as well go ahead and ask for paying for map completion entirely if you’re going to ask for paying for hearts. Spend X gems and get your Gift of Exploration from the gem store. The ultimate convenience, because that’s all that matters, amirite?

> > >

> > > I'd be fine with that too. Maybe add an item for hearts and an item that just lets you full complete a map. Make the second more expensive than the first and watch the gem sales go through the roof.

> >

> > Amazingly enough removing effort from getting something, besides the effort of opening up your wallet and typing in your credit card number, is not best for the game. Making the Gift of Exploration all or part of a credit card purchase instead of an ingame accomplishment cheapens it and cheapening it damages the game. It makes Legendary weapons less of an ingame accomplishment, where ingame accomplishments are necessary for the health of the game, both to keep people occupied and logging on and to keep respect for the game and its goals. I’m sorry if you’re bored but your personal boredom is not a reason to harm the game by removing effort and lessening the Legendary weapons.

>

> We've been able to buy gen 1 legendary weapons with a credit card since launch, you know that right? The weapons themselves have always been tradeable.

>

> EDIT: The demand for them has always been strong despite this so perhaps you don't actually know what's "best for the game."

Well, then there's no point in selling hearts nor gifts of exploration. Just buy a legendary weapon from the TP instead.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> If you're like me and you've done map completion a few times I'm sure you will agree that the single most annoying thing about it is completing the hearts. I absolutely despise them and I would pay almost any price to be able to skip them entirely.

>

> We can already skip the incredibly annoying Hero Point Challenges. Please Anet, give us another item that lets us skip the god forsaken hearts . Please consider making them purchasable with extra PvP or WvW currencies as well as that would finally give things like badges some use. They could cost any currency you want and I would still buy them regardless, that's how much I detest the hearts.

I am still lost. You say you have already done map completion a few times. Unless you are trying to craft every core legendary in the game, hence need the gifts, why do you even need to do completion again? The only other thing I can think of is bragging rights to say you completed a map .... but if that were the case would not items in the store that allowed you to buy pretty much everything for that achieve diminish the accomplishment of people who had 'been there, done that'?

> @"nopoet.2960" said:

> > @"GreyWolf.8670" said:

> > > @"nopoet.2960" said:

> > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > @"nopoet.2960" said:

> > > > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > > If you're like me and you've done map completion a few times I'm sure you will agree that the single most annoying thing about it is completing the hearts. I absolutely despise them and I would pay almost any price to be able to skip them entirely.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > We can already skip the incredibly annoying Hero Point Challenges. Please Anet, give us another item that lets us skip the god forsaken hearts . Please consider making them purchasable with extra PvP or WvW currencies as well as that would finally give things like badges some use. They could cost any currency you want and I would still buy them regardless, that's how much I detest the hearts.

> > > > >

> > > > > Unless you are trying to get the map completion chest without doing the work, I genuinely don't understand why you don't just ignore them. The heart vendors wont have anything a veteran player needs (except that extra exp you need to level quickly). If you find them boring maybe a better approach is ask Anet to make more frequent fun events that also count toward heart completion. I can get behind a demand for more frequent events. Here I'll start: ANET I DEMAND MORE EVENTS IN THE CORE GAME! HEART COMPLETION IS BORING WITHOUT THEM. :)

> > > >

> > > > What I'm proposing is that I be allowed to use resources I have gathered from other parts of the game and then spend them on completing this particular part of the game that I find tedious and annoying. More events would be a different sort of request I want to be able to pay either an in game currency or gems to skip these entirely.

> > >

> > > That's the part I don't get. Hearts are completely skip-able. Why are they so important to you?

> >

> > Keys, probably.

>

> But you can already buy those with in game currency... This is making my head hurt I'm not coming back to this thread.

You and me both. I am lost why this is even a request.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> If you're like me and you've done map completion a few times I'm sure you will agree that the single most annoying thing about it is completing the hearts. I absolutely despise them and I would pay almost any price to be able to skip them entirely.

>

> We can already skip the incredibly annoying Hero Point Challenges. Please Anet, give us another item that lets us skip the god forsaken hearts . Please consider making them purchasable with extra PvP or WvW currencies as well as that would finally give things like badges some use. They could cost any currency you want and I would still buy them regardless, that's how much I detest the hearts.

I have done map completion more than 10 times, and I most definitely do NOT agree.

I also do NOT agree to your title; the game most assuredly does NOT need this - you may feel you want it, but that in no way constitutes a need on the game's behalf.

Lol the people on this thread. World completion is one of the most time consuming and boring things in this game, especially given how easy mobs are and how big the world is, Even more after doing it more than once. Slippery slope arguments and edgy comments everywhere. Totally support the idea, Even farther as to let people who already did it once to straight up buy gift of exploration with whatever currency it takes.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> I mean why not, they already sell WP unlocks and lvl 80 boosts.

Exactly. How is skipping all the wp's and not even having to level less disturbing to the game than me being able to skip cheering up a stupid depressed cow?

It wouldn't be so bad if the hearts were all at least well designed. I detest anything requiring me to put on a disguise, use some random weapon, or collect items that I can only carry one at a time.

I enjoy the exploration part of world completion. The hearts give me a sinking feeling with every new zone I start.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"OrbitalButt.5708" said:

> > Part of me wants to say no, and the other one wants to topple, dead, into an open grave at the prospect of doing any more hearts in Orr.

> >

> > I'm conflicted

>

> Perhaps I am misremembering, but are there even any hearts in Orr?

There are not, it's entirely event based.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > @"Dzjudz.9142" said:

> > If you want to pay to complete the map in order to get the gift of exploration to make a legendary, why not just skip the whole thing and just pay to buy the legendary straight from the TP?

>

> I don't use legendaries I craft and sell them.

Ooo. So it's not even a utilitarian thing of using them yourself or cosmetic/stat switching? Won't making it more convenient lower the price you could sell the legendaries? I mean...aren't you shooting your sales in the foot? Are you okay if the price of legendaries drops by 50 percent or more? The only somewhat-safeguard is making it related to gems (since they fluctuate), and not a spvp/wvw currency. Again, Idc either way, it just seems the logic wasn't all laid out in the OP. Telling us you wanted to flip legendaries with proof of exploration is kind of an important detail for motivation.

> @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > @"Dzjudz.9142" said:

> > > If you want to pay to complete the map in order to get the gift of exploration to make a legendary, why not just skip the whole thing and just pay to buy the legendary straight from the TP?

> >

> > I don't use legendaries I craft and sell them.

>

> Ooo. So it's not even a utilitarian thing of using them yourself or cosmetic/stat switching? Won't making it more convenient lower the price you could sell the legendaries? I mean...aren't you shooting your sales in the foot? Are you okay if the price of legendaries drops by 50 percent or more? The only somewhat-safeguard is making it related to gems (since they fluctuate), and not a spvp/wvw currency. Again, Idc either way, it just seems the logic wasn't all laid out in the OP. Telling us you wanted to flip legendaries with proof of exploration is kind of an important detail for motivation.

My personal motivation is ultimately irrelevant. Some people buy them and some people sell them. Some people do map completes just to sell them to people like me. It's all voluntary interaction and it's all allowed by ANET so what difference does it make?

More legendaries in circulation means more legendaries for everyone. That benefits people who want to use them and people who want to sell them.

I'd still be able to make money if the price dropped 50 percent sure because I'd make up in volume whatever I lost on each individual sale.

The only people who would be hurt in gold terms by more legendaries entering the market are the people who bought a lot of legendaries at their current prices or higher prices in order to try to sell them for more later.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > You might as well go ahead and ask for paying for map completion entirely if you’re going to ask for paying for hearts. Spend X gems and get your Gift of Exploration from the gem store. The ultimate convenience, because that’s all that matters, amirite?

> > > >

> > > > I'd be fine with that too. Maybe add an item for hearts and an item that just lets you full complete a map. Make the second more expensive than the first and watch the gem sales go through the roof.

> > >

> > > Amazingly enough removing effort from getting something, besides the effort of opening up your wallet and typing in your credit card number, is not best for the game. Making the Gift of Exploration all or part of a credit card purchase instead of an ingame accomplishment cheapens it and cheapening it damages the game. It makes Legendary weapons less of an ingame accomplishment, where ingame accomplishments are necessary for the health of the game, both to keep people occupied and logging on and to keep respect for the game and its goals. I’m sorry if you’re bored but your personal boredom is not a reason to harm the game by removing effort and lessening the Legendary weapons.

> >

> > We've been able to buy gen 1 legendary weapons with a credit card since launch, you know that right? The weapons themselves have always been tradeable.

>

> Yes, But the effort of making them was not buyable from ANet. Someone had to hoof through the maps and do all the work. You bought from a players who did **all** the work for it.

>

> Not the same.

>

> Edit: and that’s why the new Legendaries can’t be bought from the trading post, because ANet realized that bypassing effort like that wasn’t good for the game.

Not the same but roughly similar don't you think? ANET selling heart completions could conceivably drive down the demand for players selling map completes. ANET selling Gifts of Exploration would probably crowd those type of people out significantly. All it does is cut out the middle man and direct the money more in ANET's direction which is as "good for the game" as it gets as far as I'm concerned.

What the item "means" to people is a somewhat unquantifiable thing. We know that g1 legendaries have been tradeable since launch and still they've always been one of the most reliable stores of wealth so I don't think people really care too much about exactly how much player effort is going into making them. The cost of purchasing map completes just gets factored into the final price anyways.

The new legendaries are a completely different thing which is fine but the gen 1s are still selling despite their addition.

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> Well, then there's no point in selling hearts nor gifts of exploration. Just buy a legendary weapon from the TP instead.

I don't buy them I sell them. People who just buy them would most likely benefit from this idea as well as it would likely increase the overall supply of gen 1 legendaries and thus bring their price down over time. The usual going price for a map complete is anywhere from 500-800g last time I checked so as long as the gem exchange cost is less than that then the prices should come down.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

>I don't buy them **I sell them**. People who just buy them would most likely benefit from this idea as well as it would likely increase the overall supply of gen 1 legendaries and thus bring their price down over time. The usual going price for a map complete is anywhere from 500-800g last time I checked so as long as the gem exchange cost is less than that then the prices should come down.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > @"SkyFallsInThunder.8257" said:

> > So you wanna pay to skip playing the game. Hm...

>

> This particular aspect of it and I would gladly pay to do so.

>

> More importantly I think a lot of other players would too.

What you actually want is a way to pay for skipping the game in order to make more gold faster by crafting and selling more Legendaries.

Sir, your suggestion is completely self interested.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > @"SkyFallsInThunder.8257" said:

> > So you wanna pay to skip playing the game. Hm...

>

> This particular aspect of it and I would gladly pay to do so.

>

> More importantly I think a lot of other players would too.

Ok, let's play the game then...

Hearts are, by far, the biggest part of world completion; not having to do them makes world completion a very fast affair, I'll say they could be valued about the same as the 2 gifts of exploration (all the zone completions would cover the value of the other parts).

Going rate for one GoE seems to be 400g (taken from another recent forum thread) - 2 GoE would be 800g.

Gold->gem conversion is roughly 100g/400 gems.

So by that calculation 2 GoE should cost about 3200 gems. Let's round that up and call it 3500 or 4000 gems. I guess that would be a "fair" price for skipping hearts - for ONE character.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Israel.7056" said:

> >I don't buy them **I sell them**. People who just buy them would most likely benefit from this idea as well as it would likely increase the overall supply of gen 1 legendaries and thus bring their price down over time. The usual going price for a map complete is anywhere from 500-800g last time I checked so as long as the gem exchange cost is less than that then the prices should come down.

>

> > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > @"SkyFallsInThunder.8257" said:

> > > So you wanna pay to skip playing the game. Hm...

> >

> > This particular aspect of it and I would gladly pay to do so.

> >

> > More importantly I think a lot of other players would too.

>

> What you actually want is a way to pay for skipping the game in order to make more gold faster by crafting and selling more Legendaries.

>

> Sir, your suggestion is completely self interested.

So what? That doesn't mean it's a bad idea. I happen to be on the production side of things rather than the consumption side what difference does it make?

> @"Zohane.7208" said:

> > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > @"SkyFallsInThunder.8257" said:

> > > So you wanna pay to skip playing the game. Hm...

> >

> > This particular aspect of it and I would gladly pay to do so.

> >

> > More importantly I think a lot of other players would too.

>

> Ok, let's play the game then...

>

> Hearts are, by far, the biggest part of world completion; not having to do them makes world completion a very fast affair, I'll say they could be valued about the same as the 2 gifts of exploration (all the zone completions would cover the value of the other parts).

> Going rate for one GoE seems to be 400g (taken from another recent forum thread) - 2 GoE would be 800g.

> Gold->gem conversion is roughly 100g/400 gems.

> So by that calculation 2 GoE should cost about 3200 gems. Let's round that up and call it 3500 or 4000 gems. I guess that would be a "fair" price for skipping hearts - for ONE character.

That would work for me.

Although I don't think it would make sense to value them at exactly the same price as a GoE perhaps half the price. So maybe 2k gems.

2500 to be generous.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

>

> I don't buy them I sell them. People who just buy them would most likely benefit from this idea as well as it would likely increase the overall supply of gen 1 legendaries and thus bring their price down over time. The usual going price for a map complete is anywhere from 500-800g last time I checked so as long as the gem exchange cost is less than that then the prices should come down.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> My personal motivation is ultimately irrelevant. Some people buy them and some people sell them. Some people do map completes just to sell them to people like me. It's all voluntary interaction and it's all allowed by ANET so what difference does it make?

>

> More legendaries in circulation means more legendaries for everyone. That benefits people who want to use them and people who want to sell them.

>

> I'd still be able to make money if the price dropped 50 percent sure because I'd make up in volume whatever I lost on each individual sale.

>

> The only people who would be hurt in gold terms by more legendaries entering the market are the people who bought a lot of legendaries at their current prices or higher prices in order to try to sell them for more later.

Your personal motivations are very much relevant. Besides, I believe that you are mis-reading the market. You wouldn't be able to make up the difference in the price drop by selling in quantity because there would be other players who would be following the same path. By all means, flood the market with legendaries and see how well that works out for everyone.

In my opinion, this would also detract from the very definition of a legendary. I would find it hard to see something as unique if everyone had one.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > >I don't buy them **I sell them**. People who just buy them would most likely benefit from this idea as well as it would likely increase the overall supply of gen 1 legendaries and thus bring their price down over time. The usual going price for a map complete is anywhere from 500-800g last time I checked so as long as the gem exchange cost is less than that then the prices should come down.

> >

> > > > @"SkyFallsInThunder.8257" said:

> > > > So you wanna pay to skip playing the game. Hm...

> > >

> > > This particular aspect of it and I would gladly pay to do so.

> > >

> > > More importantly I think a lot of other players would too.

> >

> > What you actually want is a way to pay for skipping the game in order to make more gold faster by crafting and selling more Legendaries.

> >

> > Sir, your suggestion is completely self interested.

>

> So what? That doesn't mean it's a bad idea. I happen to be on the production side of things rather than the consumption side what difference does it make?

It makes it an idea where you are only considering how to get more gold faster. That makes it a bad reason to suggest as a self interested suggestion like this which is wallet motivated doesn’t care about any harm to the rest of the game as long as the person who suggests it gets richer faster.