New Legendary Dagger feedback

Here is the new dagger.

I dunno it looks like design for the dagger itself is like a normal quality exotic with mismatched colored gems. The particle effect looks like stink trails coming off the character and the footfalls look like mud? Lol I dunno I don't like it, I was really looking forward to it.

I think this exotic from spvp has a better base design then the new legendary.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/b/b7/Centurion%27s_Claw.jpg

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lacks effect and some effects are lackluster. Aa effects, the banana not spinning when throwing the dagger.

The mist effect being meh. Going for something like thick smoke would be better imo.

I like the draw animation and the footsteos but maybe do the steps have some red details(since charr are warloving beasts)

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Lunateric.3708" said:

> > I like it's not the typical neon German sparkle party legendary, it's sober, simple and has amazing lore tied to it.

> >

> >

>

> Amazing lore? This implementation destroys Claw's lore and charr culture entirely

How exactly is that so?, afaik Smodur has it and that's it.

Jesus, it just got released and you allready have it lol This is why this kind stuff should be locked behind a quest line, a really hard solo only quest line...theres no prestige at all on this legendaries weapons...anyway, it looks really cool, much better then most of the other legends, Anet team did a good job with this one.

I like it.

Not every legendary should be an eyesore of bloom and special effects. Something more simplistic and to the point is also worthy of being legendary.

I'm nowhere near ready to craft even the first stage of this, but I'll start that collection and save it for a later time.

The effect is good too see, especially the projectile effect.

But aside from effect, the weapon mesh is ugly. I know it is similar to what lore description, but there are hundreds of way to design it and make it looks good according to lore. For example The Shining Blade got a much prettier mesh than the Bolt aside from effect... this dagger... well, i am glad i pulled spark, incinerator looks so much better.

I made it and it's very lack luster but i like the dagger itself - but as a weapon it doesn't come off legendary at all. You barely notice it aside from the footfall and draw animation. It needs a swing animation like a trail effect from the crystals when you swing it and an arm effect like every other legendary.

Yeah this dagger really needs something that matches its sweet sounds. Slicing sound/ trail effect or something when youre actually using it, maybe... Currently it performs like a completely normal dagger except projectile animations and a decent crit effect :/

> @"SnowHawk.3615" said:

> It needs a swing animation like a trail effect from the crystals when you swing it and an arm effect like every other legendary.

^this, It doesn't need an arm aura as it already has a full body aura that is a little too subtle at the moment, what it does need though is a swing trail, because currently it looks like any other REGULAR dagger with shiny gems on it after you've drawn it.

I actually quite like it. I'm not one for gaudy particle effects, nor effects/colours that limit wardrobe options. That it's a charr weapon makes it all the better.

Some legendaries are very obvious (hello Bifrost, Dreamer, Dawn, Dusk, and so many more), so it's nice for us folks who prefer otherwise to have an option.