[Feedback] Spying Over Stream + Packet Sniffing [Merged]

As the tittle says, every time i play a sPvP round i find myself facing the same opponent over and over again ... Sometimes i even get bots in my team or in opponent team ... You can easily tell because the class icons keeps blinking on the mini map. Not to mention all those hackers trying to breach through my motherboard / BIOS / client / antivirus.

Open CMD in Administrator Mode :

Then type :

**netstat -a -b -n -o**

Open another CMD in Administrator Mode :

**tasklist**

I have run both of them and the results are extremely surprising.

YOU DEFINITELY NEED TO UPDATE REQUIREMENTS IN ORDER TO PLAY THE GAME TO THE FOLLOWING :

1) BUY NEW COMPUTER

2) CHANGE CITY

3) CHANGE ISP

4) CHANGE SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER

5) DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE

6) BUY NEW SSD

7) INSTALL ANTIVIRUS

8) INSTALL .NET FRAMEWORK 3.5

I'm sorry, but this is utter nonsense.

"Not to mention all those hackers trying to breach through my motherboard / BIOS / client / antivirus."

Please show any proof, that something like this is happening on your computer AND is related to guild wars

"I have run both of them and the results are extremely surprising."

Why? What do you see? A long list of processes you do not know because they are Microsoft processes?

"YOU DEFINITELY NEED TO UPDATE REQUIREMENTS IN ORDER TO PLAY THE GAME TO THE FOLLOWING :"

The complete list is stupid.

Yes, there are cheaters in the game. But that doesn't automatically mean they are trying to hack your computer or anything.

> @"Nokomis.5076" said:

> I'm sorry, but this is utter nonsense.

>

> "Not to mention all those hackers trying to breach through my motherboard / BIOS / client / antivirus."

> Please show any proof, that something like this is happening on your computer AND is related to guild wars

>

> "I have run both of them and the results are extremely surprising."

> Why? What do you see? A long list of processes you do not know because they are Microsoft processes?

>

> "YOU DEFINITELY NEED TO UPDATE REQUIREMENTS IN ORDER TO PLAY THE GAME TO THE FOLLOWING :"

> The complete list is stupid.

>

> Yes, there are cheaters in the game. But that doesn't automatically mean they are trying to hack your computer or anything.

The fact that you deny the existence of such exploit automatically demonstrates you are supporting this kind of behavior which is against the terms of service.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> Complaining about "stream spying" is like complaining that people can see you naked while you are on a nudist beach.

> @"Optimator.3589" said:

> You know you can put a delay on your stream, right?

>

> Also, stop trying to avoid fights. Fights > capping empty towers.

> @"Optimator.3589" said:

> You know you can put a delay on your stream, right?

>

> Also, stop trying to avoid fights. Fights > capping empty towers.

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> I thought the whole purpose of streaming gameplay was for it to be viewed...

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> if you dont want ppl to view your stream, ex. enemies, then don't do it. Record and post after.

>

>

Only 4 answers ? I was expecting 5 of them ! Anyway ... Yes SPYING THROUGH HARDWARE is a thing. If the appropriate IPs and Ports corresponding to the NVIDIA / ATI Drivers arent blocked anyone with a minimum linux skills can just exploit this data or even track your movement and the next time you buy your GPU at your favorite local store don't be surprised to not see the tag of the NPC ... errr i mean the vendor ...

> @"The Light In The Darkness.7364" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > Complaining about "stream spying" is like complaining that people can see you naked while you are on a nudist beach.

>

> > @"Optimator.3589" said:

> > You know you can put a delay on your stream, right?

> >

> > Also, stop trying to avoid fights. Fights > capping empty towers.

>

> > @"Optimator.3589" said:

> > You know you can put a delay on your stream, right?

> >

> > Also, stop trying to avoid fights. Fights > capping empty towers.

>

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > I thought the whole purpose of streaming gameplay was for it to be viewed...

>

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > if you dont want ppl to view your stream, ex. enemies, then don't do it. Record and post after.

> >

> >

>

> Only 4 answers ? I was expecting 5 of them ! Anyway ... Yes SPYING THROUGH HARDWARE is a thing. If the appropriate IPs and Ports corresponding to the NVIDIA / ATI Drivers arent blocked anyone with a minimum linux skills can just exploit this data or even track your movement and the next time you buy your GPU at your favorite local store don't be surprised to not see the tag of the NPC ... errr i mean the vendor ...

Dont worry, just run your driver through a VPN and the put a hardware firewall on the graphics card.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"The Light In The Darkness.7364" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > Complaining about "stream spying" is like complaining that people can see you naked while you are on a nudist beach.

> >

> > > @"Optimator.3589" said:

> > > You know you can put a delay on your stream, right?

> > >

> > > Also, stop trying to avoid fights. Fights > capping empty towers.

> >

> > > @"Optimator.3589" said:

> > > You know you can put a delay on your stream, right?

> > >

> > > Also, stop trying to avoid fights. Fights > capping empty towers.

> >

> > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > I thought the whole purpose of streaming gameplay was for it to be viewed...

> >

> > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > if you dont want ppl to view your stream, ex. enemies, then don't do it. Record and post after.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Only 4 answers ? I was expecting 5 of them ! Anyway ... Yes SPYING THROUGH HARDWARE is a thing. If the appropriate IPs and Ports corresponding to the NVIDIA / ATI Drivers arent blocked anyone with a minimum linux skills can just exploit this data or even track your movement and the next time you buy your GPU at your favorite local store don't be surprised to not see the tag of the NPC ... errr i mean the vendor ...

>

> Dont worry, just run your driver through a VPN and the put a hardware firewall on the graphics card.

>

Also vaccinate your comp. Don't be one of those anti-vaxxed flat-earthlings.

:o

He's a skritt, right, but this doesn't mean he's breaching anything. Some screen shot would be nice, if you have some real issue, to understand better.

Someone may sniff your traffic for real and you may have some virus, but this doesn't mean it's ArenaNet's fault...

EDIT: nvm, I saw your other thread in the PvP section. I got your problem now. Stop streaming or put a delay, if you don't want to be spied.

>Yes SPYING THROUGH HARDWARE is a thing. If the appropriate IPs and Ports corresponding to the NVIDIA / ATI Drivers arent blocked anyone with a minimum linux skills can just exploit this data or even track your movement and the next time you buy your GPU at your favorite local store don't be surprised to not see the tag of the NPC ... errr i mean the vendor ...

... <,<

That's the most overcomplicated way of pinwatching I've seen to date, well done.

Reality is far less involved

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"The Light In The Darkness.7364" said:

> >Yes SPYING THROUGH HARDWARE is a thing. If the appropriate IPs and Ports corresponding to the NVIDIA / ATI Drivers arent blocked anyone with a minimum linux skills can just exploit this data or even track your movement and the next time you buy your GPU at your favorite local store don't be surprised to not see the tag of the NPC ... errr i mean the vendor ...

>

> ... <,<

> That's the most overcomplicated way of pinwatching I've seen to date, well done.

>

> Reality is far less involved

Yeah, not sure anyone but maybe Cloud Fly would care to put that much effort in 2018 (although he just whispers people or uses an alt account anyway...). Even still I don't think he does "spying" much anymore.

Hardware-based spyware is virtually undetectable and unless you have a masters in information security, which I'm assuming you don't, it's tantamount to paranoia to suspect it. More than likely there's a spy in the zerg or, as others said, you're streaming in real time.

> The fact that you deny the existence of such exploit automatically demonstrates you are supporting this kind of behavior which is against the terms of service.

You, Sir, should be banned from using the internet until you are at least 18 years old (and by the way playing GW2 while being under 13 is also against the User Agreement). You obviously neither understand the simplicity of was a livestream is nor showing any sense of decency.