GW2 WvW 2018- 40% Firebrand/40% scourges/10% hammer revs/10% spellbreakers

Arheundel.6451

What to say....

Perma boons full minstrel firebrand farting stability/resistance/protection that turn a never ending wave of celestial/trailblazer scourge into an unstoppable melee wave surrounded by walking aoes....while in the backline you see hammer revs critting your toon for 10k dmg from 1200 range and with a single skill.....despite you're having over 1900 toughness= 2700 armor....

I really don't have anything to say ...I have lost all hopes, I find it hilarious that people used to complain about shareboon melee train meta..this meta is 10x worst with far less (if any) counterplay....-_-

I love the new meta. Fast, consistent and demanding. I like playing it: 20% firebrand / 40% scourges / 20% revs / 10% spellbreakers / 10% weaver.

Personally I also have nothing against DMG soulbeasts, thieves or holos as well as chronos. So one - and at most only one - group of specials/focus.

Everything else, is just cloud.

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> What to say....

>

> Perma boons full minstrel firebrand farting stability/resistance/protection that turn a never ending wave of celestial/trailblazer scourge into an unstoppable melee wave surrounded by walking aoes....while in the backline you see hammer revs critting your toon for 10k dmg from 1200 range and with a single skill.....despite you're having over 1900 toughness= 2700 armor....

>

> I really don't have anything to say ...I have lost all hopes, I find it hilarious that people used to complain about shareboon melee train meta..this meta is 10x worst with far less (if any) counterplay....-_-

Well to be bair, boon-sharing melee train meta had absolutely no counter, it essentially rendered all range classes useless. At least this meta now, ranged classes are useful because they tear through Scourge no matter how much healing/barrier/cleanse is thrown at them. The problem is, players can't be bothered to jump on ranged classes.

This meta is far far far better because at bare minimum, all classes are now useful and have a purpose, vs the boon-sharing melee ball, where ranged classes had 0 purpose.

Hello please improve dps Weaver as it's base stats is not keeping up with the power creep. Weaver is not meta till it can peel it's face off the floor. May I draw your attention to the elementalist thread in the profession forum petitioning to improve the elementalist.

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> What to say....

>

> Perma boons full minstrel firebrand farting stability/resistance/protection that turn a never ending wave of celestial/trailblazer scourge into an unstoppable melee wave surrounded by walking aoes....while in the backline you see hammer revs critting your toon for 10k dmg from 1200 range and with a single skill.....despite you're having over 1900 toughness= 2700 armor....

>

> I really don't have anything to say ...I have lost all hopes, I find it hilarious that people used to complain about shareboon melee train meta..this meta is 10x worst with far less (if any) counterplay....-_-

2,5% Firebrand / 60 % Scourge / 2,5 % Weaver / 20 % Warrior / 5 % Backline Rev / 10 % Soulbeast

This is what we have on Ring of Fire / Farshiverpeak. Barely anyone besides me Plays Firebrand because it is pretty lame. Especially against so many scourges.

> @"Zero.3871" said:

> I am roamer and i see in wvw 50% mesmer/ 20 % thiefes / 20 % ranger / 9 % warrior / 1% other...

as a roamer also... i aprove :D roaming meta is quite different then blob meta :D in that 1% ( rifle holo, LB DH)

And this meta even its bad and it settle after proclaimed balance.... is still better then mellee train.... that was really dark time of wvw. Now you still have option... cloud ... or full dive .... also snipers can run around and catch slow lonely scourges separated from group....

Hope for nerfing a bit FB on heal options, Scourge and rev hammer.... it gives more options for other supports ...

> @"Zero.3871" said:

> I am roamer and i see in wvw 50% mesmer/ 20 % thiefes / 20 % ranger / 9 % warrior / 1% other...

Haha wat.

I'm a roamer too and spellbreakers make up 50%+ of the enemies I meet and then its like 20% firebrands supporting them so the combo become immortal. Mesmers are exceedingly rare and only present as that one mirage dps or 100% boon minstrel chrono - both easily replaced by a spellbreaker and a firebrand.

Some servers have a vast amount of rangers (well, druids) but thats about it.

Even thieves are becoming a rare sight in favor of the meta spellbreaker because its so stupid strong.

I think mesmers and thieves combined make up 20% of what I meet.

But I dont know if you play US or EU. At least in the EU its all about the sustain.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > I am roamer and i see in wvw 50% mesmer/ 20 % thiefes / 20 % ranger / 9 % warrior / 1% other...

> Haha wat.

>

> I'm a roamer too and spellbreakers make up 50%+ of the enemies I meet and then its like 20% firebrands supporting them so the combo become immortal. Mesmers are exceedingly rare and only present as that one mirage dps or 100% boon minstrel chrono - both easily replaced by a spellbreaker and a firebrand.

>

> Some servers have a vast amount of rangers (well, druids) but thats about it.

>

> Even thieves are becoming a rare sight in favor of the meta spellbreaker because its so stupid strong.

>

> I think mesmers and thieves combined make up 20% of what I meet.

>

> But I dont know if you play US or EU. At least in the EU its all about the sustain.

i do think that is alot of personal perception here. i also play in EU and dont feel like running into many spellbreakers, but you calling spellbreakers 'stupid strong' i think you just do remember fighting them more then some dude you just press 1-2 keys to drop. i play mostly DE in roaming so the class i face is not as important as the player using it, i feel like i run into any class regularly.

depending on server i feel like there might be more rangers or mesmers but i dont think there is one class that is overused in roaming. and even this could be personal perception if the players of mesmer and rangers on those servers play better it will appear as they are more.

for current blob meta i like that any class can be usefull to some extend and that people actually die and generate loot.

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> =) hehe adapt or die

Or stop playing till the skill split happens and keep pushing for scorge to be nerfed. Lets keep these form lit up with scorge and firebrand are real problems in wvw and now that they are doing skill splits lets realy talk about why these 2 classes are destroying any type of diversely of builds and classes in wvw.

Adapting here is playing the same thing and hammer on each other for a very very long fight that often ends in who has more numbers and has nothing to do with skill. Real adapting is telling the dev there is something wrong here. And keeping on them. If you see Anet in wvw tell them and dont stop telling them.

> @"Seffen.2875" said:

> > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > What to say....

> >

> > Perma boons full minstrel firebrand farting stability/resistance/protection that turn a never ending wave of celestial/trailblazer scourge into an unstoppable melee wave surrounded by walking aoes....while in the backline you see hammer revs critting your toon for 10k dmg from 1200 range and with a single skill.....despite you're having over 1900 toughness= 2700 armor....

> >

> > I really don't have anything to say ...I have lost all hopes, I find it hilarious that people used to complain about shareboon melee train meta..this meta is 10x worst with far less (if any) counterplay....-_-

>

>

> 2,5% Firebrand / 60 % Scourge / 2,5 % Weaver / 20 % Warrior / 5 % Backline Rev / 10 % Soulbeast

>

> This is what we have on Ring of Fire / Farshiverpeak. Barely anyone besides me Plays Firebrand because it is pretty lame. Especially against so many scourges.

Yeah I think 50-60% scourges is what you see in T1 NA not 40%.

> @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > What to say....

> >

> > Perma boons full minstrel firebrand farting stability/resistance/protection that turn a never ending wave of celestial/trailblazer scourge into an unstoppable melee wave surrounded by walking aoes....while in the backline you see hammer revs critting your toon for 10k dmg from 1200 range and with a single skill.....despite you're having over 1900 toughness= 2700 armor....

> >

> > I really don't have anything to say ...I have lost all hopes, I find it hilarious that people used to complain about shareboon melee train meta..this meta is 10x worst with far less (if any) counterplay....-_-

>

> Well to be bair, boon-sharing melee train meta had absolutely no counter, it essentially rendered all range classes useless. At least this meta now, ranged classes are useful because they tear through Scourge no matter how much healing/barrier/cleanse is thrown at them. The problem is, players can't be bothered to jump on ranged classes.

As I keep saying to you this is not practical given queues.

> @"morrolan.9608" said:

> > @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > What to say....

> > >

> > > Perma boons full minstrel firebrand farting stability/resistance/protection that turn a never ending wave of celestial/trailblazer scourge into an unstoppable melee wave surrounded by walking aoes....while in the backline you see hammer revs critting your toon for 10k dmg from 1200 range and with a single skill.....despite you're having over 1900 toughness= 2700 armor....

> > >

> > > I really don't have anything to say ...I have lost all hopes, I find it hilarious that people used to complain about shareboon melee train meta..this meta is 10x worst with far less (if any) counterplay....-_-

> >

> > Well to be bair, boon-sharing melee train meta had absolutely no counter, it essentially rendered all range classes useless. At least this meta now, ranged classes are useful because they tear through Scourge no matter how much healing/barrier/cleanse is thrown at them. The problem is, players can't be bothered to jump on ranged classes.

>

> As I keep saying to you this is not practical given queues.

>

>

What ques??

Oh yeah. You're on MAG. You only play EBG.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"morrolan.9608" said:

> > > @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> > > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > What to say....

> > > >

> > > > Perma boons full minstrel firebrand farting stability/resistance/protection that turn a never ending wave of celestial/trailblazer scourge into an unstoppable melee wave surrounded by walking aoes....while in the backline you see hammer revs critting your toon for 10k dmg from 1200 range and with a single skill.....despite you're having over 1900 toughness= 2700 armor....

> > > >

> > > > I really don't have anything to say ...I have lost all hopes, I find it hilarious that people used to complain about shareboon melee train meta..this meta is 10x worst with far less (if any) counterplay....-_-

> > >

> > > Well to be bair, boon-sharing melee train meta had absolutely no counter, it essentially rendered all range classes useless. At least this meta now, ranged classes are useful because they tear through Scourge no matter how much healing/barrier/cleanse is thrown at them. The problem is, players can't be bothered to jump on ranged classes.

> >

> > As I keep saying to you this is not practical given queues.

> >

> >

>

> What ques??

>

> Oh yeah. You're on MAG. You only play EBG.

We get queues on other BLs on reset

Our parties consist of a firebrand, 2-3 scourges, a rev and potentially a mesmer or elementalist.

Roaming I run into mostly thieves, mirages, warriors and the odd druid. Mirages are definitely more awful to fight against than thieves, but I still see more thieves than mesmers running around personally. Also I see a lot more high mobility warriors running around than druids, their damage is a lot more threatening.

I'm not overly fond of the meta. I preferred both toilet bowl and hammer train to today's pirate ship.

Both scourge and rev are getting nerfed tomorrow, so the ranged hate might slightly less cancer. Slightly.

~ Kovu

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > I am roamer and i see in wvw 50% mesmer/ 20 % thiefes / 20 % ranger / 9 % warrior / 1% other...

> > Haha wat.

> >

> > I'm a roamer too and spellbreakers make up 50%+ of the enemies I meet and then its like 20% firebrands supporting them so the combo become immortal. Mesmers are exceedingly rare and only present as that one mirage dps or 100% boon minstrel chrono - both easily replaced by a spellbreaker and a firebrand.

> >

> > Some servers have a vast amount of rangers (well, druids) but thats about it.

> >

> > Even thieves are becoming a rare sight in favor of the meta spellbreaker because its so stupid strong.

> >

> > I think mesmers and thieves combined make up 20% of what I meet.

> >

> > But I dont know if you play US or EU. At least in the EU its all about the sustain.

>

> i do think that is alot of personal perception here. i also play in EU and dont feel like running into many spellbreakers, but you calling spellbreakers 'stupid strong' i think you just do remember fighting them more then some dude you just press 1-2 keys to drop. i play mostly DE in roaming so the class i face is not as important as the player using it, i feel like i run into any class regularly.

> depending on server i feel like there might be more rangers or mesmers but i dont think there is one class that is overused in roaming. and even this could be personal perception if the players of mesmer and rangers on those servers play better it will appear as they are more.

>

> for current blob meta i like that any class can be usefull to some extend and that people actually die and generate loot.

>

>

I wouldn't call what you do playing, more like an extended sandwich break with intermittent sniping :lol:

Gotta say mostly I see SB, mesmer, thief, holo then druid for roaming then you see random scourges and firebrands turning up in a small fight for no reason I can think of. Don't see many elementalists and only revs are usually in zergs.

@OP Ideal balance would be to have other classes represented in some ways but I think ANet backed themselves into a hole with guardian and firebrand so that won't be disappearing any time soon. While I don't agree with the mentality of rev mains screaming about the class shouldn't be nerfed because it's got a lot of issues everywhere else in the game there is a grain of truth to rev needing a proper look at traits to make cleanses more accessible for the legend you want to use without having the rest of the trait line be essentially useless.

ANET needs pull their heads out of the sand and look at the META's .Use them to determine how they balance the classes .If the META favors certain classes over others then the game isn't balanced .Seriously I've seen up to 50% scourges in a mob.That's just nuts! This miss match has been getting worse with every expansion.Stop over powering the specializations and ignoring the core professions . It's starting to look like a model of urban sprawl with a new fresh outer section and a rotten center .

to be honest i don't see how the meta can change after this upcoming balance patch.

The healing nerf on firebrands ...not enough.

The passive traits cooldown , signet cooldown for scourge wont change anything.

Firebrand will still be the backbone , scourge will still be the most convenient class to have because the can do so many things...damage, perma crippling ìthe whole enemy zerg with loads of CCs , boon conversion...this things are not solved with some cooldown increase...it's the whole picture of this class that it's out of balance,too many things in only 1 class : damage,ccs...oh and don't forget that scourge can tag a whole enemy zerg , so...that awesome lootbags shower after every zerg impact....so convenient, why play anything else?

The WvW population decreses like it's normal to be , like every game see his population decrease after time.

But have this kind of meta , it's like throw petrol on fire , it accelerate the process , it's not fun to play .

Also...damn this balance updates are so slow man..to nerf a meta it takes them 8 months , it's like they are blind if you consider this meta was visible after week 1 PoF release.

I get they don't play like us , and it's hard for them to understand the mechanics of the game we find and exploit , but 8 months it's so much time to come up with some better idea and go straight to the problem..instead of give 5 seconds cooldown increase on a trait or signet.