so a question

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> **Devs and ANET team, always have the ANET tag next to their names**. You cant miss this. People saying theyre devs is against the rules, and punishable. Submit in game report with a printscreen or contact support.

Actually they don’t. The ANet tag is their guild tag. If they aren’t repping their guild that red tag doesn’t show.

1. Block the person who says he/she is a dev.

2. Get his/her account name

3. If not a dev, sublit a ticket. According to gw2 rules of conduct, "You may not impersonate any employee of ArenaNet Inc., NC Interactive, Inc., NCsoft Corporation or their affiliates, or impersonate any other person (including, without limitation, celebrities)."

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > **Devs and ANET team, always have the ANET tag next to their names**. You cant miss this. People saying theyre devs is against the rules, and punishable. Submit in game report with a printscreen or contact support.

>

> Actually they don’t. The ANet tag is their guild tag. If they aren’t repping their guild that red tag doesn’t show.

Oh, didnt know. Thanks! On a side note, I always thought they had something like GM___(name) as their nametag

Sometimes it's enough to just report an impersonator for "verbal abuse." In a loose sense of the term (which is how it's used here), it includes both "being abusive" and "abusing words to grief others." ANet staff look at the time stamp, look at the chat just before (and just after) of all parties and makes a determination.

If the "investigator" is any good at their job, then they'd definitely notice someone claiming to work for ANet, as well as someone crossing the line from trash talk to 'abuse.'

@"SarahRovin.1790" Thanks for taking the time to collect the details and make a report.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > **Devs and ANET team, always have the ANET tag next to their names**. You cant miss this. People saying theyre devs is against the rules, and punishable. Submit in game report with a printscreen or contact support.

>

> Actually they don’t. The ANet tag is their guild tag. If they aren’t repping their guild that red tag doesn’t show.

Yeah but if they're claiming to be Anet staff they should really turn the guild tag on to prove it. Of course they could claim they're on a second account which isn't part of that guild, but as far as I know the only reason staff do that is so they can stay anonymous so it's unlikely they'd be telling everyone they work for Anet if that's the case.

But either way my advice would be to report them, even if you're not sure if they're telling the truth. For one thing it sounds like some of their comments are reportable on their own, and I suspect Anet would want to know if one of their staff was saying stuff like that in-game. And if they're impersonating staff they'll definitely want to know about it.

> @"SarahRovin.1790" said:

> how would i go about reporting someone who claims they are a Dev but are not

Probably not a reportable offense if they claim to be a developer. If they claim to be an ANet Developer, then that's a different thing. I've seen in map chat where players have claimed to be game developers when they're complaining about one thing or another. Unless they claim to be ANet developers, then there really isn't anything one can do about it.

Now, if they're being verbally abusive, by all means report them whether they claim to be a developer or not.