Chairs of the World Achievement?

I just sat down in a chair in my guild's hall, and i unlocked this achievement?

Naturally i ~have~ to complete this achievement but A: i cant find any damn chairs to sit on, and B: does anyone else even know it exists?? several google searches have turned up absolutely no results about it...

![](https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/361474234993737729/428251810571091968/unknown.png "")

> @"Gudy.3607" said:

> It's apparently new with this patch, and it only works for chairs in the Guild Hall.

“Sit in a wide variety of chairs *across Tyria*”

There’s more chairs in the Achievement than there is in the Guild Decoration panel.

I’ve searched for loads of sittable chairs which would fit the very brief description but I haven’t found any yet too.

I’ve got a feeling some of the attach points have been skipped by mistake in this patch.

It appears to be a feature that was released early.

Only guild hall chairs have interaction prompts, and the achievement has way more chairs than those available in guild halls.

I've checked lots of chairs all over the world, and only guild hall chairs have the Sit prompt. And if you have your weapons out when using the chair the animation may be wonky, the character will either put the weapons away while standing on the chair, then sit, or stand on the chair in combat pose for a while, then sit.

Also, the interaction node seems to be placed incorrectly in these chairs, since for most of them it seems to be right behind the chair instead on the middle of it. so to sit on them you basically have to do the [Riker Maneuver.](

"Riker Maneuver"), and when you 'dismount' them, you appear behind them.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> > Only guild hall chairs have interaction prompts,

> Not true. I've been sitting in all sorts of chairs (but it's not every possible chair in the game).

That got enabled later. This was likely going to be an April Fools joke, chairs becoming ready right on April 1, but they were already available in Guild Halls. So the cat was out of the bag, and they released it early.

> @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> > > Only guild hall chairs have interaction prompts,

> > Not true. I've been sitting in all sorts of chairs (but it's not every possible chair in the game).

>

> That got enabled later.

What do you mean by "later?" You posted at 11:55 ANet time; I had been sitting in chairs for a while already.

> This was likely going to be an April Fools joke, chairs becoming ready right on April 1, but they were already available in Guild Halls.

>> 03/27/2018 - Late Notes Living World—Seat of Power Since the day we began work on Guild Wars 2, we had a single dream guiding us: to allow the player to jump over small fences. But if we had to pick a close second, it was to add chairs and maybe let players sit in them. In that distant past, the technology wasn't ready for our vision—when GW2 released, the land of Tyria had chairs, and it had sitting, but players were unable to gracefully combine the two. Over time, stopgaps were implemented, like sitting as a chair and riding mounts (referred to in the engine code as "nonstationary chairs"), but the dream of a complete chair experience remained in the realm of speculative science fiction.

That doesn't sound like a joke. But maybe I don't understand what point you're trying to make.

> So the cat was out of the bag,

Wait, there are new cats?

something definitely seems to have gone wrong, i got the achievement from a guild hal shortly after the patch dropped (when i posted this thread), went around and found absolutely no other chairs interactable, went back an hour later and found those exact chairs to suddenly be sit-enabled.

and considering the trailer anet just posted, they only meant to activate any of this stuff on april 1st.

> @"Deimos.4263" said:

> It seems that chairs in guild halls, towns, and home instances work. I haven't found any chairs in other instances.

That seems to be the gist of it, although they've missed a couple of chairs in the cities. And "other instances" sadly includes the Dead End bar in DR as well as Jenna's throne room and the Arcane Council Chamber (which is, of course, where I looked first after discovering that Guild Hall chairs work now).

> @"Gudy.3607" said:

> > @"Deimos.4263" said:

> > It seems that chairs in guild halls, towns, and home instances work. I haven't found any chairs in other instances.

>

> That seems to be the gist of it, although they've missed a couple of chairs in the cities. And "other instances" sadly includes the Dead End bar in DR as well as Jenna's throne room and the Arcane Council Chamber (which is, of course, where I looked first after discovering that Guild Hall chairs work now).

they also miss the uninstanced version of racial leader's chair.

• 2 months later...

> @"SoPP.7034" said:

> Was out of the loop on this one and wasn't aware of the update. As a 3 day head start player I literally just had a 'kitten' moment as I sat down instead of picking something up. 10/10 would sit again.

The hard part when I did it a couple of days after the other posts was that most of the "Divinity's Reach pub chairs" were in use by the RP crowd. :s

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"SoPP.7034" said:

> > Was out of the loop on this one and wasn't aware of the update. As a 3 day head start player I literally just had a 'kitten' moment as I sat down instead of picking something up. 10/10 would sit again.

>

> The hard part when I did it a couple of days after the other posts was that most of the "Divinity's Reach pub chairs" were in use by the RP crowd. :s

If they're RPers I'd try an in-character request. "Excuse me but would you mind letting me sit down for a moment? I've been on my feet all day and my ankles still not right after a drake got it last week, I could really use a rest for a minute before I carry on."

Of course the answer you get will depend partially on the characters present (not everyone RPs nice, helpful characters) but it might work.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > @"SoPP.7034" said:

> > > Was out of the loop on this one and wasn't aware of the update. As a 3 day head start player I literally just had a 'kitten' moment as I sat down instead of picking something up. 10/10 would sit again.

> >

> > The hard part when I did it a couple of days after the other posts was that most of the "Divinity's Reach pub chairs" were in use by the RP crowd. :s

>

> If they're RPers I'd try an in-character request. "Excuse me but would you mind letting me sit down for a moment? I've been on my feet all day and my ankles still not right after a drake got it last week, I could really use a rest for a minute before I carry on."

>

> Of course the answer you get will depend partially on the characters present (not everyone RPs nice, helpful characters) but it might work.

Lol I love this. I really wish Rpers were more common and that the megaservers didn't kill most of them I rarely ever see any and they might even talk a different language half the time lol

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > @"SoPP.7034" said:

> > > Was out of the loop on this one and wasn't aware of the update. As a 3 day head start player I literally just had a 'kitten' moment as I sat down instead of picking something up. 10/10 would sit again.

> >

> > The hard part when I did it a couple of days after the other posts was that most of the "Divinity's Reach pub chairs" were in use by the RP crowd. :s

>

> If they're RPers I'd try an in-character request. "Excuse me but would you mind letting me sit down for a moment? I've been on my feet all day and my ankles still not right after a drake got it last week, I could really use a rest for a minute before I carry on."

>

> Of course the answer you get will depend partially on the characters present (not everyone RPs nice, helpful characters) but it might work.

Indeed. I did think about doing that, but RP's not my thing(1), so I just continued touring the pubs (does that make it a pub crawl?) and found one of that type of chair available.

(1) I say that, except that running around the Queen's throne room always feels ... wrong ... somehow, and in SWTOR I'll often walk (rather than run) through the Senate Tower main hall on Coruscant for much the same reason. There's also a place on Tython where every single one of my Jedi characters will stop every single time he or she goes through and will meditate for a moment. But full-on RP is not my thing.