Suggestion: In-combat indicator

Since we've had mounts, many times I can't mount (or movement is slowed) and if I'm not taking any damage, there's no indication why. It seems to revolve around being in combat (or having aggro, etc.). Unfortunately, periodically, the game seems to think I am in combat and there's nothing visible to me indicating that I actually _am_in combat (i.e., I can sit idle for several minutes without any interaction with anything in-game, and still not mount).

I would like to suggest the addition of some kind of indicator that tells me when the game thinks I'm in combat. At least I'll know that there's something I need to get rid of, before I can resume what I intended to do (or that my movement is being slowed, or that I'm going to fall short of that jump that I would easily make otherwise, etc.). And if there's nothing visible that's causing that combat situation, then at least a bug can be reported that the game is mistakenly interpreting a combat situation, or that the combat situation isn't being identified well enough.

Generally when in combat, weapons are drawn (although they can still be stowed if the keybind has been pressed), and the ability to change the 6-0 skills is removed.

This removal of the ability to change skills is indicated by the removal of the arrow indicators above these skills.

The combination of these 2 things generally indicates that the player is in combat.

> @"Rauderi.8706" said:

> The best subtle indication I can suggest is look at your utility skills. If the little arrows are above them, you're out of combat (and therefore can change skills).

That works when we're off mount, but it's harder to tell when we're mounted. Dismounting while the game thinks you're in combat means you can't remount quickly. For the moment, I've been using the health bubble as a proxy: if it's less than full and unchanging, I'm in combat; if it's going back up, I'm out.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Rauderi.8706" said:

> > The best subtle indication I can suggest is look at your utility skills. If the little arrows are above them, you're out of combat (and therefore can change skills).

>

> That works when we're off mount, but it's harder to tell when we're mounted. Dismounting while the game thinks you're in combat means you can't remount quickly. For the moment, I've been using the health bubble as a proxy: if it's less than full and unchanging, I'm in combat; if it's going back up, I'm out.

PoF also introduced a new bug where sometimes those arrows stay hidden despite being out of combat. Hovering cursor over where the arrows would be makes them appear. Luckily it is relatively rare to see.

> @"Archranis.2375" said:

> Since we've had mounts, many times I can't mount (or movement is slowed) and if I'm not taking any damage, there's no indication why. It seems to revolve around being in combat (or having aggro, etc.). Unfortunately, periodically, the game seems to think I am in combat and there's nothing visible to me indicating that I actually _am_in combat (i.e., I can sit idle for several minutes without any interaction with anything in-game, and still not mount).

>

> I would like to suggest the addition of some kind of indicator that tells me when the game thinks I'm in combat. At least I'll know that there's something I need to get rid of, before I can resume what I intended to do (or that my movement is being slowed, or that I'm going to fall short of that jump that I would easily make otherwise, etc.). And if there's nothing visible that's causing that combat situation, then at least a bug can be reported that the game is mistakenly interpreting a combat situation, or that the combat situation isn't being identified well enough.

Applying non-damaging conditions to ambient creatures through a skill/trait that doesn't include a damage strike will also cause this. Warhorn 5 on warrior can easily cause this since it has 600 range but none of the main hand weapons have that range so you can easily hit something that isn't in range of your other skills.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Rauderi.8706" said:

> > The best subtle indication I can suggest is look at your utility skills. If the little arrows are above them, you're out of combat (and therefore can change skills).

>

> That works when we're off mount, but it's harder to tell when we're mounted. Dismounting while the game thinks you're in combat means you can't remount quickly. For the moment, I've been using the health bubble as a proxy: if it's less than full and unchanging, I'm in combat; if it's going back up, I'm out.

This is a fair point, outside of combat you can see the sword over the mount button, but I don't believe there's any such indication while mounted. Maybe just a sword placed across the "dismount" button or something?