thanks arenanet for another year without Sab world 3

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Constipator.4537" said:

> > I think some of these posts are hypocritical as some of the older players don't act like they care about SAB, BUT if they were to increase the rate at which bauble bubbles could be given annually then they'd be upset. I think in a sense a lot of these seasonal events are turn offs as no one wants to grind day after day. I think event dungeons or quest chains are something other games have explored and have done well. Honestly the questing in this game could use some work, there are no true quests outside of the main storyline and it's rather ambiguous whether "Tasks" are considered quests. FFXIV has done seasonal events well and you can actually acquire items in reasonable time frame. Irrelevant, I know this game is F2P with an in-game item mall but a lot of the prices seem outrageous even on sale. Some may argue it's priced fairly but I assure you fairer prices would lead to more sales. Lastly, I'd say that I've been eagerly waiting for SAB as this is my first one i've ever experienced. I've enjoyed this event and the lunar event even though I wasn't a fan of the pvp dragonball game.

>

> Cough cough 50dollars to skip the quests in a fully priced mmo with sub fee cough cough

but if it was your first character or the first character you got serious with in endgame, why would you want to skip the quests? Maybe the leveling.. yeah, but not the main quests. Also in FFXIV you can level up one character and play a variety of different classes on the fly. It's refreshing, but I like the opportunity to have specialties like you can in this game. Honestly if there was a sub fee option like there are in other F2P MMO's such as RIFT, ESO, etc. I'd be on board if it was reasonable. I have nothing against paying the company money but if I feel like it's taking advantage of me like how RIFT was then I just won't support them anymore.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Well, the Devs (or more to the point, Josh) did state there would likely be no World 3. Thus, not surprising there is no World 3.

I guess Princess Miya is truly lost to the clutches of Lord Vanquish then. No hero-shenanigans at the end of World 4 (yes there's 4 houses in the lobby, World 3 is just the next one in sequence).

Josh, you disappoint us.

Hooray for dead-end content!

well, I hate SAB. It would be ok, if those who love it can do it - but all the crap that surrounds it, would be confined.

But thanks to SAB, you have to hear that crappy 8bit fake music everywhere. Those pixel gliders. Those ugly minis.

If SAB went away to never come back taking all that with it - that would be great.

So.. I am glad ANET spent their time on something nice, instead of more horrible SAB stuff.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Well, the Devs (or more to the point, Josh) did state there would likely be no World 3. Thus, not surprising there is no World 3.

The fact that they said it doesn't make it any more okay, really. If they're going to have something in the game, they need to iterate on it. See dungeons, for example.

> @"Einlanzer.1627" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Well, the Devs (or more to the point, Josh) did state there would likely be no World 3. Thus, not surprising there is no World 3.

>

> The fact that they said it doesn't make it any more okay, really. If they're going to have something in the game, they need to iterate on it. See dungeons, for example.

Some fraction of the player base might like for ANet to do so, but they do not, "need," to do so.