Post-Patch recording devices (ig-6417 achievement)

Verified with the rest of guild it seems post-patch all recording devices have been deleted.... Was half way through the achievement for ig-6417 and was at a stand still because fishing was bugged, couldn't do anything. When I come back after patch all the recording devices in my inventory were deleted. Has this been addressed anywhere. Does Anet know what's happened? Refund for difuorite crystals because its rng if you want to farm the nodes?

These are the questions that need to be asked.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have received two mails from anet with 5 Recording Devices in each mail. I already finished the event the first week. :D Anyone need my spares?

I should have deleted the two mails as now I have 10 non stacked recording devices that I have to type the name of each to destroy them :(

> @"KiraZ.1934" said:

> I have received two mails from anet with 5 Recording Devices in each mail. I already finished the event the first week. :D Anyone need my spares?

>

> I should have deleted the two mails as now I have 10 non stacked recording devices that I have to type the name of each to destroy them :(

You can copy/paste the name rather than typing them out individually, it's what I did for 9 of them. Well, now 14 as I got 5 more again.

> @"KiraZ.1934" said:

> I have received two mails from anet with 5 Recording Devices in each mail. I already finished the event the first week. :D Anyone need my spares?

>

> I should have deleted the two mails as now I have 10 non stacked recording devices that I have to type the name of each to destroy them :(

Thank you for the heads up! I'm in the same situation, completed first week, but thankfully haven't detached the items yet. You are a rock star. :)

I just received 3 emails with 5 in each. Unfortunately I opened 2 of them and took the contents before i realized that they don't stack. Now my inventory is packed with these... I hope they make a stacking fix for it as I haven't completed the achivement yet.

I wonder how many people affected by the disappearing recorders bug haven't already replaced them in order to complete the collection?

I'd have preferred if they just mailed us the Difluorite Crystals, to be honest. Now they've just given us all some clicking and dragging busy work to destroy them.

• ArenaNet Staff

We're SO sorry for this inconvenience! After reviewing our options, the team only had a few routes to choose and we wanted to be extra generous and ensure that folks who had the devices actually, you know, *had* (reacquired) the devices. That is why 15 were sent, in 3 bundles of 5 each. The theory is that those mails will top off the collections for most players.

I was going to suggest that you just delete the mails, unopened, but you can't delete a mail unopened/if there's something inside. (A safety features that proves a stumbling block in these edge cases.) I believe you'll need to open, retrieve the items, and then manually delete each one. Because the name has to be input individually, use cut and paste to make your life easier.

If someone else thinks of a better system to eliminate the unneeded devices, please post here so we all can take advantage of it!

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> We're SO sorry for this inconvenience! After reviewing our options, the team only had a few routes to choose and we wanted to be extra generous and ensure that folks who had the devices actually, you know, *had* (reacquired) the devices. That is why 15 were sent, in 3 bundles of 5 each. The theory is that those mails will top off the collections for most players.

>

> I was going to suggest that you just delete the mails, unopened, but you can't delete a mail unopened/if there's something inside. (A safety features that proves a stumbling block in these edge cases.) I believe you'll need to open, retrieve the items, and then manually delete each one. Because the name has to be input individually, use cut and paste to make your life easier.

>

> If someone else thinks of a better system to eliminate the unneeded devices, please post here so we all can take advantage of it!

I cant think of anything faster than copying 'Recording Device' to clipboard and ctrl - v each one. Why in the world wouldnt the crystals be sent out, it woulda been a nice gesture for the people walking around for 3 weeks with 11 recordings stuck in their bag, helpful to the many ppl im sure rebought recordings to finish collection when they were fixed, and anyone yet to do collection could have bought what they needed. This "fix" doesnt seem very well thought out since probably 95% of the people receiving this mail will now delete 15 useless items.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Trae.2384" said:

> I cant think of anything faster than copying 'Recording Device' to clipboard and ctrl - v each one. Why in the world wouldnt the crystals be sent out, it woulda been a nice gesture for the people walking around for 3 weeks with 11 recordings stuck in their bag, helpful to the many ppl im sure rebought recordings to finish collection when they were fixed, and anyone yet to do collection could have bought what they needed. This "fix" doesnt seem very well thought out since probably 95% of the people receiving this mail will now delete 15 useless items.

I believe sending Difluorite Crystals would have been a lot more spammy. :( The CS team can't set a chosen number on mail attachments, but has to use certain size "buckets." They would have had to send several more mails to transmit crystals, so sending the devices was the better path.

> > @"Trae.2384" said:

> > I cant think of anything faster than copying 'Recording Device' to clipboard and ctrl - v each one. Why in the world wouldnt the crystals be sent out, it woulda been a nice gesture for the people walking around for 3 weeks with 11 recordings stuck in their bag, helpful to the many ppl im sure rebought recordings to finish collection when they were fixed, and anyone yet to do collection could have bought what they needed. This "fix" doesnt seem very well thought out since probably 95% of the people receiving this mail will now delete 15 useless items.

>

> I believe sending Difluorite Crystals would have been a lot more spammy. :( The CS team can't set a chosen number on mail attachments, but has to use certain size "buckets." They would have had to send several more mails to transmit crystals, so sending the devices was the better path.

But it would have made a lot more sense. Like that you didn't replace anything at all and we received no compensation for our lost difluorite crystals :/

Can you implement an npc that trades them back for difluorites or make them at least sellable for a few silver?

So people who never lost any devices also got 15 of them...?

I was done with whole achievement way before the bug happened..

Today I got 15 devices... they don't stack.. AND I need to enter a text to confirm I have to delete each of them... for all 15 of them...

Is there even any use for them after the achievement?

> > @"Trae.2384" said:

> > I cant think of anything faster than copying 'Recording Device' to clipboard and ctrl - v each one. Why in the world wouldnt the crystals be sent out, it woulda been a nice gesture for the people walking around for 3 weeks with 11 recordings stuck in their bag, helpful to the many ppl im sure rebought recordings to finish collection when they were fixed, and anyone yet to do collection could have bought what they needed. This "fix" doesnt seem very well thought out since probably 95% of the people receiving this mail will now delete 15 useless items.

>

> I believe sending Difluorite Crystals would have been a lot more spammy. :( The CS team can't set a chosen number on mail attachments, but has to use certain size "buckets." They would have had to send several more mails to transmit crystals, so sending the devices was the better path.

Crystals might have been more mails but much easier cleanup. They would have been easily dealt with through "Deposit All". Additionally people who have went ahead and re-bought their devices to finish the collection without waiting would also not get short changed.

> @"KiraZ.1934" said:

>

God, that was obnoxious. I hate when we're required to type in the name of the item to delete them especially when they don't stack and there's literally nothing else we can do with them.

> > @"Trae.2384" said:

>

For your CS team maybe, but not for the players..

Gaile,

I appreciate the team recognizing that our recording devices were missing. Of course by now I already bought another 15. As a possible solution might I suggest putting a vendor in place who is willing to buy back Recording devices? I really hate to just delete them from inventory after your team went to the trouble to send them back. Either that or edit the time itself and give it a copper or silver value to sell back to any vendor? Thanks for your efforts.

This whole mess has been extremely frustrating. I had 20 Recorders in shared inventory before the patch. I didn't realize they had disappeared when I logged in. I found myself in a map that had an organized group for Serpent's Ire so I joined and finished it for the 1st time. I was so excited to get the recording, except that I didn't. I did get the recording of resurrecting 10 players though, on my only remaining recorder.

I made a bug report and waited for some word from ANet about the bug. I saw the acknowledgement but no additional information. Just last night I broke down and bought the recorders again so I could continue working on the achievement. Now I have another 15 in my mail that are superfluous.

In the grand scheme of things, this is a relatively minor issue. But I do wish it would have been handled more gracefully.