Super Adventure Box - Closure Needed

> @"Pimpology.6234" said:

> from my memory of that behind the scenes video 10-20 people? small crew but i would of though 3-4 people(like the current events team) were responsible for the lil bit of content that provided. Way too many resources and hours went into chairs, but i want to see that kind of dedication in other areas.

I'm fairly sure it wasn't that big a team. That video was a (hilarious imo) joke hyping up this huge feature that was years in development. The whole point of the video was to make it look giant and overblown. And, then, to end with APRIL 1, 2018 splashed on the screen.

> @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > > With little to no progress being made on most of the other content, we can only hope most of their focus is on the GW 2: Wrath of Bubbles expansion. Something big and relevant needs to be the cause of this drought and I feel Mike Z has much in store for GW 2.

> >

> > What drought are you talking about, LW Episodes may have slightly longer intervals but the content is supposedly beefier, plus now they have to design these new maps to make good use of the mounts?

>

> "beefier" does not equate to quality and is not a good excuse for a longer interval. 3 months for a bloated snoozefest with weak storytelling is not going to hold me over personally till the next episode. I'd rather have a smaller map done well regardless of how long or short it takes to come. If all this wait is just for a bigger map for mounts to run around in, we have plenty of those. I want GW 2 to get back to what it used to be about... the story.

>

> And of course, in terms of SAB, they need to finish the story they started. Fans like the OP and myself have waited long enough.

Welcome to MMOs.

This year is the first time I tried SAB and I loved it a little more than I should. I would pay good money for a SAB mini expansion that further fleshed out the current game by adding more levels. It's such a homage to Mario, Zelda, Kirby and all my childhood favorite games that I would probably log in just to play it separately year round.

> @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> I very much remember that drama on the old forums. It's the reason why there's hesitation on any developers' part to come here and voice anything. It can really come back to bite you later. It's also the reason I seriously doubt there'll even be a World 4 or any further progression on Super Adventure Box . . . unfortunately, for those interested.

Yup. If the devs state that "It won't happen" people keep hoping for years that the devs change their mind, praying and posting all day every day. But if a dev even mentions a hint that "it might happen some day even if we don't plan on doing it any time soon" the community takes it as a promise that it will absolutely happen with the next patch. Players just are like that and I understand that no dev wants to put up with that.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> > @"Pimpology.6234" said:

> > from my memory of that behind the scenes video 10-20 people? small crew but i would of though 3-4 people(like the current events team) were responsible for the lil bit of content that provided. Way too many resources and hours went into chairs, but i want to see that kind of dedication in other areas.

>

> I'm fairly sure it wasn't that big a team. That video was a (hilarious imo) joke hyping up this huge feature that was years in development. The whole point of the video was to make it look giant and overblown. And, then, to end with APRIL 1, 2018 splashed on the screen.

>

so the joke was there was no joke on april 1st.

> @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > > @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > > > With little to no progress being made on most of the other content, we can only hope most of their focus is on the GW 2: Wrath of Bubbles expansion. Something big and relevant needs to be the cause of this drought and I feel Mike Z has much in store for GW 2.

> > >

> > > What drought are you talking about, LW Episodes may have slightly longer intervals but the content is supposedly beefier, plus now they have to design these new maps to make good use of the mounts?

> >

> > "beefier" does not equate to quality and is not a good excuse for a longer interval. 3 months for a bloated snoozefest with weak storytelling is not going to hold me over personally till the next episode. I'd rather have a smaller map done well regardless of how long or short it takes to come. If all this wait is just for a bigger map for mounts to run around in, we have plenty of those. I want GW 2 to get back to what it used to be about... the story.

> >

> > And of course, in terms of SAB, they need to finish the story they started. Fans like the OP and myself have waited long enough.

>

> Welcome to MMOs.

i could care less about the story. It's usually a snoozefest and i wish there was a fast fwd button. The problem is its really the main way you learn about the lore vs other mmos you learn just from playing the game.

I want lots of maps and things to explore. Achieves are okay, but telling everyone not to grind them out in the first couple days is silly. That's EXACTLY what i want and will do. Making things daily capped(here's where story fits in) in a good way that is meaningful and not just a way to extend the achieve grind is important too. Having a new map every month would be awesome! There's plenty of world left and pretty sure anet won't be backtracking to previous areas with new xpac content. so that's a niche that might work with 1 map a month. You don't have to come up with huge story content about these maps if they are based from previous xpacs. (However a new game mode or ~~profession~~ crafting discipline could be crafted around them.)

> @"Pimpology.6234" said:

> from my memory of that behind the scenes video 10-20 people? small crew but i would of though 3-4 people(like the current events team) were responsible for the lil bit of content that provided. Way too many resources and hours went into chairs, but i want to see that kind of dedication in other areas.

That video was a gag put in place meant to be released on April 1st as a "April fool's" type of thing, it was not meant to be taken seriously (esp. considering the size of the team) the whole video was meant to be a comical caricature of "content expansion" stuff.

I agree with the rest though, Festivals used to be something I _really_ looked forward to, but now they're meh.

Forever wishing for the return of Dragon Bash, Festival of the Four Winds, Queen's Gauntlet, and developing on Halloween and Wintersday

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> Well, you know how it is. W3 and W4 aren't happening... until the devs change their mind and decide it is happening. These aren't the 10 commandments; what a dev says isn't set in stone.

and as long as players keep thinking that, they'll continually be disappointed every year.

> @"Djahlat.9610" said:

> > @"Pimpology.6234" said:

> > from my memory of that behind the scenes video 10-20 people? small crew but i would of though 3-4 people(like the current events team) were responsible for the lil bit of content that provided. Way too many resources and hours went into chairs, but i want to see that kind of dedication in other areas.

> That video was a gag put in place meant to be released on April 1st as a "April fool's" type of thing, it was not meant to be taken seriously (esp. considering the size of the team) the whole video was meant to be a comical caricature of "content expansion" stuff.

>

> I agree with the rest though, Festivals used to be something I _really_ looked forward to, but now they're meh.

> Forever wishing for the return of Dragon Bash, Festival of the Four Winds, Queen's Gauntlet, and developing on Halloween and Wintersday

anet should stick to ingame gags. kind of like how when you play the game you should be ingame.

...and not having to go to dulfy or w/e site to figure out how to do stuff. pre GW2 i hardly ever went outside the game to figure stuff out.

> @"Mckeone.9804" said:

> For what it's worth, the OP was motivated by the fact that my kids love SAB and really want to save Princess Miya. It's like a story without an end and it really bothers them.

> Personally, I'd love it if anet just spun out SAB as a separate franchise and sold it as a stand-alone platformer on GOG/steam for $25.

Fully support this.