Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic - I know this is an old issue, but it it still an issue.

So... I know this is a very old issue, but frankly, I'd still love if something could be done.

I have two Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matics from back when they were soulbound. When they were made account-bound, one of them went into my shared inventory slots, and the other just sat in my bank, gathering dust.

It is still there.

A bunch of people brought this up when it first happened, and I don't think Anet ever really responded (if they did, I missed it).

Can something be done about these? Maybe, if an account has two, can the binding on one of them be removed so that we can sell them on the trading post? What about refunds? Can we get the price of our second one refunded to us in gems? If Anet sees this, if I were to send you guys a support request for a refund, would you grant it?

To the people with experience with Anet's support system and refund policy, do you think they would?

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> ArenaNet responded, and gave refunds to those that had purchased within 30 days of the release of Shared Inventory Slots. Any other purchases were considered items that had fulfilled the use for purchase price. So, no; no refund is possible unless you have proof of purchasing within that 30 days.

Okay, nice to know that hey didn't completely ignore the request, but that's still kind of lackluster.

Nevermind the fact that it's not really possible to give proof of purchase, since our history only goes back so far - Anet would have access to that information, not me.

Do I just go ahead and delete the item then? Like, is Anet not giving us any other option? Like, hey, sucks to be you.

> @"Kingkiller.9645" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > ArenaNet responded, and gave refunds to those that had purchased within 30 days of the release of Shared Inventory Slots. Any other purchases were considered items that had fulfilled the use for purchase price. So, no; no refund is possible unless you have proof of purchasing within that 30 days.

>

> Okay, nice to know that hey didn't completely ignore the request, but that's still kind of lackluster.

> Nevermind the fact that it's not really possible to give proof of purchase, since our history only goes back so far - Anet would have access to that information, not me.

>

> Do I just go ahead and delete the item then? Like, is Anet not giving us any other option? Like, hey, sucks to be you.

Hey man, I know this is an issue from way back but honestly it can't hurt to send the team a ticket. I feel that since it was before the un-soulbinding you may be covered. I know they did that for one of my infinite pickaxes! Again don't get your hopes up but may as well give it a go.

This odd thought popped into my head, and I was amused enough to put it down here. A "salvage self" option is added to the list of possible interactions (bottom, below salvage all of different rarities, etc.). Selecting it results in a two-layer "Are you sure?!" pop-up to avoid accidental destruction. Once you've confirmed, an animation with your character has you place the device on the ground. It rattles and shakes and then proceeds to blow up, showering the area with coins... thinking 5-10g worth as small sacks of coins that you can then pick-up... maybe 10-20 stacks. Folks could throw parties and blow them up in LA or DR or in their guild hall... it's a fun way to clear them out.

I realize that this would take time and resources for a short-lived, mildly amusing solution, but I still got a kick out of the idea. Anet doesn't have to do anything, but I do think it would be nice if people could cash them in someway.

> Hey man, I know this is an issue from way back but honestly it can't hurt to send the team a ticket. I feel that since it was before the un-soulbinding you may be covered. I know they did that for one of my infinite pickaxes! Again don't get your hopes up but may as well give it a go.

Alright, well it can't hurt to send in a ticket anyway. Thanks!

> > Hey man, I know this is an issue from way back but honestly it can't hurt to send the team a ticket. I feel that since it was before the un-soulbinding you may be covered. I know they did that for one of my infinite pickaxes! Again don't get your hopes up but may as well give it a go.

>

> Alright, well it can't hurt to send in a ticket anyway. Thanks!

Assuming they will help you X.X" lolx

> > Hey man, I know this is an issue from way back but honestly it can't hurt to send the team a ticket. I feel that since it was before the un-soulbinding you may be covered. I know they did that for one of my infinite pickaxes! Again don't get your hopes up but may as well give it a go.

>

> Alright, well it can't hurt to send in a ticket anyway. Thanks!

Well other then cloging up support with a ticket were your only answer is no you had good use out of it already yea no harm at all.

From the customer's point of view, with shared inventory slots, multiple Salvage-o-Matics (or similar) items are redundant. The customer thinks it's sensible to get a refund for a no-longer wanted item.

From the business owner's point of view, the customer originally bought multiple copies of the item, fully intending to use them. The business thinks it's sensible to offer no refund, because the relevant item was used for its intended purpose. It's not the business' fault that the customer's needs changed due to changed circumstances.

The customer says, "buh buh buh, it was you, business owner, who changed the circumstances. Why should I suffer because _you_ decided to change the game?"

The business replies, "um, so you'd prefer that we stop updating the game to offer Quality of Life improvements? Or perhaps we should refuse to sell shared inventory slots to people who own multiple copies of an item, lest they decide to ask for refunds."

The customer counters, "buh buh buh, this duplicate doesn't have any value to me. I can't even use it as a doorstop, since, you know, you can't block doors in this game."

The business owner responds, "if you don't need the item any longer, you can delete it. That's why we offer that feature in the game."

The customer responds, "buh buh buh, I paid serious gold and/or RL monies for this, I don't want to just delete it."

The business responds, "alright, so don't delete it. We're still not offering a refund to people who bought stuff and had the opportunity to make fair use of it. We do have to run a profit, otherwise we can't keep funding the game."

The customer responds, "buh buh buh. Alright, fine. I'll figure out something. In the meantime, what's going on with build templates?"

The business responds, "um, erm, it's tricky see. Very tricky. And um... Yeah, we're still not offering refunds for purchased items that people want to return weeks or months after. Nice try."

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Kingkiller.9645" said:

> > > Hey man, I know this is an issue from way back but honestly it can't hurt to send the team a ticket. I feel that since it was before the un-soulbinding you may be covered. I know they did that for one of my infinite pickaxes! Again don't get your hopes up but may as well give it a go.

> >

> > Alright, well it can't hurt to send in a ticket anyway. Thanks!

>

> Well other then cloging up support with a ticket were your only answer is no you had good use out of it already yea no harm at all.

Yeah, except that I didn't have good use of it at all, and I don't know for sure that they'll say no.

> @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> I see the need for more than one salvage-o-matic - why waste a precious, expensive shared slot for this?

What else am I going to put in there? I'll admit that I'm a glutton for unnecessary purchases of certain sorts, but I have enough slots that I can put one of each craftbanktpmysticforge hub pass and a season 3 tome and a season 4 tome and a permanent repair kit and doobries for calling banks and tps and whatever and a couple of other things and STILL have room for a CFS-o-M. Why would I NOT put it in there?

Oh, and don't forget that ONE shared slot costs fewer gems than ONE CFS-o-M, so if I have one CFS-o-M and room for another slot, it's cheaper to buy a slot than it is to buy my second character a CFS-o-M. (And my third character can use the shared CFS-o-M without me buying anything else...)

I had bought several a good long while before shared slots came into being for my various characters. I got good use out of all of them so do not see a refund as necessary. However, I would love to be able to 'recycle' them somehow being a thrifty type of person. Mystic Forging them could be an option or turning in so many to get a glyph of my choice or some golden black lion keys.....