FanSpec for GW2 Next Expansion - The Arsonist

So I've seen a lot of thief classes (mostly bandits) with torches. That made me curious, and I thought for sure that meant they were going to release a torch thief spec during PoF. Since they surprised me with the rifle, I'll be going over my FanSpec for thief, the Arsonist.

FLAVOR TEXT: Arsonists are a brand of thieves that have cast aside their handguns for blazing torches, which they use to sear wide swaths of land with the assistance of an array of powerful stances. They are redeemed thieves who bring justice to people who have done unspeakable acts of destruction. (This is the part where I give you information about where they are originated from, but I don't know where the next expansion takes place.)

NEW SKILLS:

Healing Skill - Searing Relief: Cleanse yourself with fire and remove 3 conditions. (On Viper's amulet you regain 6,000 health on average.)

Utility Skill - Shadow Blaze: Shoot a burst of flame at your enemies, then stealth for 4 seconds. (Flame burst gives 2 stacks of burning and additional stacks based on your traitline.)

Utility Skill - Clinging Flame: Apply 3 stacks of burning to yourself. When you make contact with a foe, remove your burning and apply it to them.

Utility Skill - Sinful Inferno: Channel the flames of justice and gain retaliation and stability. Foes are burned on contact with you.

Utility Skill - Desperate Endurance: Apply knockdown on foes near you, and become invulnerable to power damage for three seconds. (You can still be hit with control effects, have boons stripped from you, or be inflicted by conditions.)

Elite Skill - Conflagration: Blast away all nearby foes with the power of fire, and leave behind a shrinking fire field. (Radius: 600.) All downed allies are also revived. (3 second cast duration.)

(240 Second CD.)

Torch Skill 4 - Dragon's Tail: A line of flame ejects from your torch, knocking back up to 2 targets.

Torch Skill 5 - Fireshade: Gain a barrier and plunge your torch into the ground. This gives up to five targets 1 stack of Torment and 2 stacks of Burning. (Cast duration is 2 seconds. CD is 45 seconds.)

TRAITS:

Minor Trait - Regressive Sear: Making contact with a foe you have burned also burns you for less damage. This trait cannot be removed.

Major Trait - Heat Therapy: Your burning can now affect your allies, and turn into healing and boons.

Major Trait - Blazing Escape: Cast Roll for Initiative once you reach 25% health and are not currently executing a skill.

Major Trait - Brittle Flame: Your burning applies 2 stacks of vulnerability.

Minor Trait - Slippery Ash: Each removed burning stack has a 1% chance of knocking down a target for 1 second.

Major Trait - Sear Seer: While wielding a torch, 7% of your power is converted into vitality.

Major Trait - Brutum Ignis: Knock your foe down and mime using Conflagration. If they remove the knockdown before the ability casts, this ability does not complete.

Major Trait - Trial by Fire: Burn your foe when you are hit critically.

Minor Trait - Firewall: Smokescreens that you apply burn nearby foes.

Grandmaster Trait - Hell's Judgement: Awaken an ember to fight with you when your foe reaches 25% health.

Grandmaster Trait - Burning Imprisonment: When you down a foe, create a vortex of fire that repels foes from resurrecting your ally. (60 second CD.)

Grandmaster Trait - Equivalency: If you are afflicted with conditions, your boons disappear along with the conditions. (Resistance will not be affected by this trait.)

So what do you guys think? Too strong? Too much burning? This is my first one, so let me know how I could balance it with the other classes.

> @"derd.6413" said:

> sounds like you had "torch for thief" in mind and nothing else.

>

> also some skills are kinda OP and don't make sense for a thief

I did have that mindset, but I tried to base the set around burning. Also, elite specs are supposed to feel like you're playing a whole different class, which is why I feel a burn thief build would be a fun change of things.

> @"Andrew Man.7239" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > sounds like you had "torch for thief" in mind and nothing else.

> >

> > also some skills are kinda OP and don't make sense for a thief

>

> I did have that mindset, but I tried to base the set around burning.

i think you misunderstood my "and nothing else". it's not that thief shouldn't have torch, it's that your suggestion is so bare bones.

the skills have a focus on burning because torch

also committing mass arson for justice is a hard pill to swallow

i think the best way to put it is: it's a torch spec instead of a thief spec that uses torch

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"Andrew Man.7239" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > sounds like you had "torch for thief" in mind and nothing else.

> > >

> > > also some skills are kinda OP and don't make sense for a thief

> >

> > I did have that mindset, but I tried to base the set around burning.

>

> i think you misunderstood my "and nothing else". it's not that thief shouldn't have torch, it's that your suggestion is so bare bones.

> the skills have a focus on burning because torch

> also committing mass arson for justice is a hard pill to swallow

>

> i think the best way to put it is: it's a torch spec instead of a thief spec that uses torch

it burns downs buildings of the unjust.

so it's still evil, but lawful evil. :dizzy:

> @"Andrew Man.7239" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"Andrew Man.7239" said:

> > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > sounds like you had "torch for thief" in mind and nothing else.

> > > >

> > > > also some skills are kinda OP and don't make sense for a thief

> > >

> > > I did have that mindset, but I tried to base the set around burning.

> >

> > i think you misunderstood my "and nothing else". it's not that thief shouldn't have torch, it's that your suggestion is so bare bones.

> > the skills have a focus on burning because torch

> > also committing mass arson for justice is a hard pill to swallow

> >

> > i think the best way to put it is: it's a torch spec instead of a thief spec that uses torch

>

> it burns downs buildings of the unjust.

> so it's still evil, but lawful evil. :dizzy:

so not the guy to call during a hostage situation.

but that still leaves my main criticism. where's the thief in all this?