[Suggestion] Three Glyph Slots instead of Per-Tool Glyphs

Zoe.8310

I think they should just make the glyph an item that sits near the harvesting tools removing the need to swap out if you dont have indestructible tools (you have to remove it if you want to use it on another chars though). Indestructible tools could have still have a slot built in so tools can be easily accessed by multiple chars through the shared inventory slot.

I don't know about 3 slots, but it would be nice if we just added glyphs to a collection and we applied them like a skin, but at no cost. Like changing our glider or current mini pet.

I get confused when a new system that just ends up taking up inventory space, when on the other hand, they try to make attempts at stopping that. Like the LW book-o-teleporter was a good idea...until we got a second book.

> @"Zoe.8310" said:

> Another option to make life easier would just to be to remove the confirmation prompt/popup every time you move around a Glyph -- that would speed up the process.

I wonder if Anet will make a "book" to hold all of our glyphs?

You'd get 3 times the rewards. Why would they do that? If they thought the rewards were insufficient they'd triple them. Also, by connecting each glyph to a tool, they maximize the incentive to use ALL your tools, and gather at nodes you might normally ignore. So instead of an explosion of ore and leather (for example), at least some of the gathering to get that leather is done on forage nodes etc. Every aspect of your idea reduces 'balance'.

It would be nice if on the equipment screen there were slots above the tools for the glyphs, rather than the glyphs being attached to the tools. When you're not using the neverending tools, you have to load not only a tool, but a glyph each time a tool expires. My main account is fine, I use the neverending tools there, but on my alts I do not.

I also experienced a moment of panic when deleting a disposable-key-farming toon, afraid they had the glyph still. Thankfully, that was not the case. But a slot above each tool would make it more evident that the glyph is on that character. I wonder if Support has been fielding cries for help for lost glyphs?

I love how they updated and improved something we all use, without even thinking it could be made better, and now you're saying "No, we want more!"

I'm not trying to be negative, but what they did was great, and I think everyone should be content with what they have given us.

The idea of separating tools and function had been discussed on this board for a long time, so are you sure that part was original thinking on Anet's part? Suggestions for game improvements are a big part of this forum, so why shouldn't a new feature be commented on and even more functionality suggested?

> @"artemis.6781" said:

> > @"Zoe.8310" said:

> > Another option to make life easier would just to be to remove the confirmation prompt/popup every time you move around a Glyph -- that would speed up the process.

>

> I wonder if Anet will make a "book" to hold all of our glyphs?

Wouldn't it be cool if there were Legendary ones that you could select your glyph from just like you select stats on a Legendary weapon?