Account suspension discussion [merged]

> @"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

> > @"Serra.5479" said:

> > > @"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

> > > > @"Serra.5479" said:

> > > > > @"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

> > > > > > @"Serra.5479" said:

> > > > > > I dont know guys, I feel pretty sad and bad now. I got the ban, and I only use arcdps and taco, both of them supported by anet. I also have a razer mouse, I dont know if the drivers can also be a problem.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Also the dont appeal statement is more depressing.

> > > > > > Im a guild leader, more than 9k hours, 36k achievements and I spend a lot of money every month in gems. I never, never, would put my account on risk, that wont have any sense. I just want a revision, but they say they wont accept an appeal.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Arc and Taco are not supported by Anet. They tolerated them but with the "use at your own risk" warning. You have been warned. It's that easy. May not seem fair, but they did warn you and as others have stated: Only older versions (especially of Arc) have been "greenlit" by Anet. These statements are sometimes over 1 year old. And there happend updates to these addons in this year which may be banworthy.

> > > >

> > > > That dont have sense, a lot of people use Taco and arcdps, if they allowed them in the past, they should warning people before suddenly ban them for use those 2.

> > >

> > > Not all people using Arc and Taco use the same features. There are some additional features which you can install. Some may have installed them, others not. This can be a reason why some people with arc/taco got a ban and some not. You may not have used any features with the intention to do bad but if there exists the possibility to do so they do have the right to ban you. And with all the hacks and kitten going on in PvP/WvW in the last months I can kind of understand Anets action here.

> > > Also it is not there job to check every account which uses arc/taco/whatever and see if any of the possible additional features could conflict with their rules. People have been told to use these at their own risk. Now some got the consequences. Like I said: They have been warned.

> >

> > I use arcdps + buildtemplates and regular TacO + Tekkits markers.

> > Nothing more.

> > A 6 month ban seems more for people using hacks or a software to hack, and I dont use nothing like that.

>

> The following may be false but consider this: Build templates as far as I understand change your gear and traits by 1 click. Like clicking on the build/playstyle you want to switch to. Correct me here if I'm wrong, I'm not using any addon. This alone would be a violation of the "1 click - 1 action" rule as switching gear and equipment is more than 1 click.

> Also some say arc reads memory and operates deeper in the files (don't know if that is true): There may be an issue with this.

> Also: All current versions could be okay, but versions before could have had a feature/interaction which may be banworthy. So it may be the case that you where on a banlist for a long time now and as they baned poeple today, many may have been, and were baned for something in the past as I don't think there was a problem like yesterday with 1,3k+ accounts and so they baned them today. They have collected the ban reasons for a ban wave.

> All of this are just speculations, but something you should think about.

Chris (Security Lead) work with the build template developer to make it allowed. Its not illegal, same with arcdsp, because its needed to use buildtemplate.

I always update arc to the last version, because the game crash if you dont update it.

Yeah, I know they can ban a guy months later, but like I said, I never use any hacks or illegal software, only arcdps and taco.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Serra.5479" said:

> > @"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

> > > @"Serra.5479" said:

> > > > @"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

> > > > > @"Serra.5479" said:

> > > > > > @"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

> > > > > > > @"Serra.5479" said:

> > > > > > > I dont know guys, I feel pretty sad and bad now. I got the ban, and I only use arcdps and taco, both of them supported by anet. I also have a razer mouse, I dont know if the drivers can also be a problem.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Also the dont appeal statement is more depressing.

> > > > > > > Im a guild leader, more than 9k hours, 36k achievements and I spend a lot of money every month in gems. I never, never, would put my account on risk, that wont have any sense. I just want a revision, but they say they wont accept an appeal.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Arc and Taco are not supported by Anet. They tolerated them but with the "use at your own risk" warning. You have been warned. It's that easy. May not seem fair, but they did warn you and as others have stated: Only older versions (especially of Arc) have been "greenlit" by Anet. These statements are sometimes over 1 year old. And there happend updates to these addons in this year which may be banworthy.

> > > > >

> > > > > That dont have sense, a lot of people use Taco and arcdps, if they allowed them in the past, they should warning people before suddenly ban them for use those 2.

> > > >

> > > > Not all people using Arc and Taco use the same features. There are some additional features which you can install. Some may have installed them, others not. This can be a reason why some people with arc/taco got a ban and some not. You may not have used any features with the intention to do bad but if there exists the possibility to do so they do have the right to ban you. And with all the hacks and kitten going on in PvP/WvW in the last months I can kind of understand Anets action here.

> > > > Also it is not there job to check every account which uses arc/taco/whatever and see if any of the possible additional features could conflict with their rules. People have been told to use these at their own risk. Now some got the consequences. Like I said: They have been warned.

> > >

> > > I use arcdps + buildtemplates and regular TacO + Tekkits markers.

> > > Nothing more.

> > > A 6 month ban seems more for people using hacks or a software to hack, and I dont use nothing like that.

> >

> > The following may be false but consider this: Build templates as far as I understand change your gear and traits by 1 click. Like clicking on the build/playstyle you want to switch to. Correct me here if I'm wrong, I'm not using any addon. This alone would be a violation of the "1 click - 1 action" rule as switching gear and equipment is more than 1 click.

> > Also some say arc reads memory and operates deeper in the files (don't know if that is true): There may be an issue with this.

> > Also: All current versions could be okay, but versions before could have had a feature/interaction which may be banworthy. So it may be the case that you where on a banlist for a long time now and as they baned poeple today, many may have been, and were baned for something in the past as I don't think there was a problem like yesterday with 1,3k+ accounts and so they baned them today. They have collected the ban reasons for a ban wave.

> > All of this are just speculations, but something you should think about.

>

> Chris (Security Lead) work with the build template developer to make it allowed. Its not illegal, same with arcdsp, because its needed to use buildtemplate.

> I always update arc to the last version, because the game crash if you dont update it.

>

> Yeah, I know they can ban a guy months later, but like I said, I never use any hacks or illegal software, only arcdps and taco.

Chris worked on build templates at release. Arc developer himself on these forums said he doesnt check every update with anet for compliance.

I used to work in a job where I had to tell people on a daily basis that something they had done or wanted to do was illegal. Actually illegal - breaking the law of the country they live in - not against the rules of a game.

At least half of them would immediately insist they had never done anything wrong and would never even consider doing the thing I was "accusing" them of, even if they had literally said they'd done it just before I told them it was illegal. (And in some cases we'd had a 5-10 minute conversation starting with them telling me they'd broken the law, explaining how it went wrong for them, asking for my help, and then insisting they hadn't done anything at all when I told them what they'd done was illegal.)

In my experience these people typically fell into two categories:

1) Genuinely didn't know that they'd done anything wrong until I told them. It wasn't an obvious crime like theft or murder and some people had apparently never even imagined that there could be a law against it.

2) Knew right from the beginning that they were breaking the law, but thought they'd get away with it one way or another. Having gotten as far as having to admit to 'the authorities' what they'd done they'd try to threaten me to stop me taking it further, insist that they had no choice and circumstances forced them into it, or act like it was the law that was at fault and I was obliged to make an exception for them.

Fortunately for them it wasn't my job to decide if they were guilty or to issue a punishment. Unfortunately for them I worked closely with the people who did and I was writing down everything they told me for the official records, threats and all. (That was awkward, my boss was a very sweet Christian woman, I sometimes had to warn her about what she was going to read in my reports.)

Interestingly whether they knew they were breaking the law when they did it didn't make much of a difference to the eventual outcome. What did make a huge difference was what they did _after_ being told. The ones who were willing to cooperate to do what we could to put it right got all the help myself and my colleagues could provide (including persuading the authorities that it probably wasn't worth their time to prosecute, if we thought that was appropriate). The ones who tried to stop us or tried to make it all our responsibility with them doing the absolute bare minimum (and insisting what we did could not inconvenience them in any way) got the bare minimum in return. We'd fix the problem, because at that point it wasn't about them any more, and then they were on their own to deal with any follow-up.

I didn't work for Anet and it's not the exact same situation, but I imagine it's not that different either. If you want to appeal the ban you'll have to submit a support ticket and then it's up to Anet to make a decision. They have almost total freedom to make any decision they choose thanks to the User Agreement you accepted when you first got the game and it wouldn't surprise me at all if that decision is based at least partially on how honest you are when submitting your ticket and the wording you use - how willing you are to cooperate vs. making demands and insisting that Anet meet them in order to keep you as a customer when they've just told you they don't want you.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> It is not ArcDPS or build templates. I use both things very heavily and my account is working fine

I only use them, and launchbuddy to get the daily chest with secundary accounts (I think you use it too right?)

Also, Im pretty sure that you, more than anyone, will understand that a player like me, with 10k+ hours, 36k achievements who spended a lot of money in the game NEVER will put in risk his account.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> It is not ArcDPS or build templates. I use both things very heavily and my account is working fine

>

> There are literally tens of thousands of people who would get banned if ArcDPS is the culprit (even BGDM had over 10k users)

What if they triggered false positives in some cases?

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Serra.5479" said:

> > > @"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

> > > > @"Serra.5479" said:

> > > > > @"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

> > > > > > @"Serra.5479" said:

> > > > > > > @"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Serra.5479" said:

> > > > > > > > I dont know guys, I feel pretty sad and bad now. I got the ban, and I only use arcdps and taco, both of them supported by anet. I also have a razer mouse, I dont know if the drivers can also be a problem.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Also the dont appeal statement is more depressing.

> > > > > > > > Im a guild leader, more than 9k hours, 36k achievements and I spend a lot of money every month in gems. I never, never, would put my account on risk, that wont have any sense. I just want a revision, but they say they wont accept an appeal.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Arc and Taco are not supported by Anet. They tolerated them but with the "use at your own risk" warning. You have been warned. It's that easy. May not seem fair, but they did warn you and as others have stated: Only older versions (especially of Arc) have been "greenlit" by Anet. These statements are sometimes over 1 year old. And there happend updates to these addons in this year which may be banworthy.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That dont have sense, a lot of people use Taco and arcdps, if they allowed them in the past, they should warning people before suddenly ban them for use those 2.

> > > > >

> > > > > Not all people using Arc and Taco use the same features. There are some additional features which you can install. Some may have installed them, others not. This can be a reason why some people with arc/taco got a ban and some not. You may not have used any features with the intention to do bad but if there exists the possibility to do so they do have the right to ban you. And with all the hacks and kitten going on in PvP/WvW in the last months I can kind of understand Anets action here.

> > > > > Also it is not there job to check every account which uses arc/taco/whatever and see if any of the possible additional features could conflict with their rules. People have been told to use these at their own risk. Now some got the consequences. Like I said: They have been warned.

> > > >

> > > > I use arcdps + buildtemplates and regular TacO + Tekkits markers.

> > > > Nothing more.

> > > > A 6 month ban seems more for people using hacks or a software to hack, and I dont use nothing like that.

> > >

> > > The following may be false but consider this: Build templates as far as I understand change your gear and traits by 1 click. Like clicking on the build/playstyle you want to switch to. Correct me here if I'm wrong, I'm not using any addon. This alone would be a violation of the "1 click - 1 action" rule as switching gear and equipment is more than 1 click.

> > > Also some say arc reads memory and operates deeper in the files (don't know if that is true): There may be an issue with this.

> > > Also: All current versions could be okay, but versions before could have had a feature/interaction which may be banworthy. So it may be the case that you where on a banlist for a long time now and as they baned poeple today, many may have been, and were baned for something in the past as I don't think there was a problem like yesterday with 1,3k+ accounts and so they baned them today. They have collected the ban reasons for a ban wave.

> > > All of this are just speculations, but something you should think about.

> >

> > Chris (Security Lead) work with the build template developer to make it allowed. Its not illegal, same with arcdsp, because its needed to use buildtemplate.

> > I always update arc to the last version, because the game crash if you dont update it.

> >

> > Yeah, I know they can ban a guy months later, but like I said, I never use any hacks or illegal software, only arcdps and taco.

>

> Chris worked on build templates at release. Arc developer himself on these forums said he doesnt check every update with anet for compliance.

Mmmm maybe you are right with that, but in that case, more people should be banned.

Im pretty sure is a false positive of hack or something like that, because 6 months its a lot only for use more than 1 action for click.

> @"FerrenoNL.7928" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"FerrenoNL.7928" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Kururu.8140" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kururu.8140" said:

> > > > > > > > @"FerrenoNL.7928" said:

> > > > > > > > I just got the suspension too. Likewise all I run is ArcDPS (with build templates) and TacO. Im presuming either of those is not allowed anymore.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Gaile, forwarding to a generic information post is not very helpful. I've submitted a support ticket and will await Anet's replies there in private.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @OP I recommend you do the same :)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I had both of those installed but needed to rebuild my PC 2 days ago (thus my pc uninstalled everything on it including GW2 and along with it arcdps and taco which I haven't re-added to GW2 yet). The thread said they suspended 1583 accounts but I find it hard to believe only 1583 had arcdps and/or taco. Taco is simply an overlay and all arcpds does is read screen information so they should both be okay to use.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ArcDPS reads game memory.

> > > > >

> > > > > Eh, I guess. Either way it still isn't a violation as far as I'm aware.

> > > >

> > > > It was at the start, then they said it isn't but also they said it's "use at your own risk".

> > >

> > > This. I can imagine that perhaps Arc modified a memory address it wasn't supposed to by accident, or perhaps Anet's measurements are off.

> > >

> > > I hope that they have competent people working on automated detection algorithms, and that something a bit sturdier than simply doing a processlist scan, flagging a "suspicious tool running alongside GW2" is required for them to move forward.

> > >

> > > Nevertheless, if I'm understanding Gaile right, they are investigating, and whilst that investigation lasts, no appeals will be handled.

> >

> > Deep inside, I hope in some cases they banned people using Arc. That would make my warnings from few months ago so true now.

>

> That would contradict the greenlight from Chris a while back. Don't forget that Arc not only is a DPS meter, but also substitutes templates.

>

> Based on what I'm reading so far, I'm guessing its something with Arc, or maybe a Windows update, or other tool (maybe anti-virus?) interfering with the game. Maybe Tribulation markers for TacO from Tekkit (official content creator, right?) which I used are not allowed, either?

>

> There's too many people saying they are innocent. Something is a bit off, but hey that's just me. Honestly, if I'm wrong, they can name and shame me all they want, but this is my story...

No it does not contradict.. if the third party program has been modified in a way that now crosses the line.. your at risk of being banned.. ANET don't support ARC, but they allow it to be used at your own risk.. the integrity of the program is not for them to check.. if it triggers something then expect action.

To be honest though.. its a small number of bans if its ARC that's triggered something, so my money is on something more nefarious has been happening and pvp/wvw has been spotlighted a lot lately for hacks and such.. now do summing about those afk farms and GW2 might be on a path to redemption at last. :)

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I used to work in a job where I had to tell people on a daily basis that something they had done or wanted to do was illegal. Actually illegal - breaking the law of the country they live in - not against the rules of a game.

>

> At least half of them would immediately insist they had never done anything wrong and would never even consider doing the thing I was "accusing" them of, even if they had literally said they'd done it just before I told them it was illegal. (And in some cases we'd had a 5-10 minute conversation starting with them telling me they'd broken the law, explaining how it went wrong for them, asking for my help, and then insisting they hadn't done anything at all when I told them what they'd done was illegal.)

>

> In my experience these people typically fell into two categories:

> 1) Genuinely didn't know that they'd done anything wrong until I told them. It wasn't an obvious crime like theft or murder and some people had apparently never even imagined that there could be a law against it.

> 2) Knew right from the beginning that they were breaking the law, but thought they'd get away with it one way or another. Having gotten as far as having to admit to 'the authorities' what they'd done they'd try to threaten me to stop me taking it further, insist that they had no choice and circumstances forced them into it, or act like it was the law that was at fault and I was obliged to make an exception for them.

>

> Fortunately for them it wasn't my job to decide if they were guilty or to issue a punishment. Unfortunately for them I worked closely with the people who did and I was writing down everything they told me for the official records, threats and all. (That was awkward, my boss was a very sweet Christian woman, I sometimes had to warn her about what she was going to read in my reports.)

>

> Interestingly whether they knew they were breaking the law when they did it didn't make much of a difference to the eventual outcome. What did make a huge difference was what they did _after_ being told. The ones who were willing to cooperate to do what we could to put it right got all the help myself and my colleagues could provide (including persuading the authorities that it probably wasn't worth their time to prosecute, if we thought that was appropriate). The ones who tried to stop us or tried to make it all our responsibility with them doing the absolute bare minimum (and insisting what we did could not inconvenience them in any way) got the bare minimum in return. We'd fix the problem, because at that point it wasn't about them any more, and then they were on their own to deal with any follow-up.

>

> I didn't work for Anet and it's not the exact same situation, but I imagine it's not that different either. If you want to appeal the ban you'll have to submit a support ticket and then it's up to Anet to make a decision. They have almost total freedom to make any decision they choose thanks to the User Agreement you accepted when you first got the game and it wouldn't surprise me at all if that decision is based at least partially on how honest you are when submitting your ticket and the wording you use - how willing you are to cooperate vs. making demands and insisting that Anet meet them in order to keep you as a customer when they've just told you they don't want you.

But Gaile said they are not accepting appeals

> @"Serra.5479" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > It is not ArcDPS or build templates. I use both things very heavily and my account is working fine

>

> I only use them, and launchbuddy to get the daily chest with secundary accounts (I think you use it too right?)

> Also, Im pretty sure that you, more than anyone, will understand that a player like me, with 10k+ hours, 36k achievements who spended a lot of money in the game NEVER will put in risk his account.

I am not using launch buddy, I use process explorer to manually kill the mutex if I want to log in several accounts at the same time. But launchbuddy probably does the same just automated. So it should be pretty much the same thing.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > It is not ArcDPS or build templates. I use both things very heavily and my account is working fine

> >

> > There are literally tens of thousands of people who would get banned if ArcDPS is the culprit (even BGDM had over 10k users)

>

> What if they triggered false positives in some cases?

Possible yes. It is not my job to judge anyone here. But if they already say no appeals allowed then they must be pretty sure about these punishments?

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > There is no innocents if you got suspended you broke the rules probly for using arc dps and TACO if anet approved these they would be built in game in first place sorry you got banned but its the truth

>

> It's truly astounding to me how many people don't seem to get it TacO especially is just an overlay that uses the APIs that ArenaNet themselves developed and provided in order to let people CREATE programs like TacO!

>

> They WANT people to create programs like TacO, if they didn't want people to write programs like TacO they just have to turn off the servers and disable the APIs that they provide for programs like TacO.

>

> Hell, they even ran a competition to get people to write overlay programs like TacO in association with Overwolf: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-overwolf-guild-wars-2-app-challenge/

>

> For further reading:

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/API:Main

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/API:List_of_applications

Not quite ... TaCO relies more on the data provided through the [Mumble Link](https://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Link "https://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Link"). That is how it knows where your character is standing, the direction, the direction the camera is facing. Without that bit I don't think TaCO would be able to function. The purpose of the Mumble data is to enable positional audio. Some additional data was also added at players' request when they started using it for other things but it is not the same as the GW2 API that those contest are referring to.

The GW2 API does not provide that data and even if it did it would not be usable for TaCO because the data from the GW2 API can be cached for as long as 5(might be 3 but several minutes regardless) minutes. Imagine TaCO drawing markers for where you were standing 5 minutes ago.

> @"Blaeys.3102" said:

> This is why no third party software should have ever been greenlit by ArenaNet in the first place (and was probably why they chose not to do so for 4+ years). By making "were okay with it, but use at your own risk" statements about thinks like Arc, they opened the door to a lot of experimentation from players without the developer support or oversight to make sure these tools aren't abused in some way.

>

> Simply put, they do not have the manpower to police what and how it is used, so their only two options are a blanket "this is okay" with zero followup or a stern punishment for first time offenders. Anything in between the two extremes pretty much has to fall into the "punishment" side or they risk add ons hurting the game's performance or fairness.

>

> Yes, players should be banned if they deliberately use third party software to gain an in game advantage - but Anet opened this door themselves when they started tacitly endorsing dps meters and other tools - and, as a result, are, imo, as responsible for much of the fallout as the actual offenders.

>

> This is just editorial, btw - I don't use these tools and I was not banned.

Quite right.. I said before. Placing the "you can use at your own risk but we don't support it" was just always asking for trouble, but it seems grey areas are what is preferred.

IMO though handing out this kind of action and reinforcing it with the statement of zero appeal, cya actually makes me think they have been looking at those accounts for a while and have done all the checks and decided the net had caught sufficient accounts to make fire for effect. If that's what they have indeed done, then good riddance, to bad smells. Seems strange this has happened reasonably soon after the pvp win trade debacle recently.

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > It is not ArcDPS or build templates. I use both things very heavily and my account is working fine

> > >

> > > There are literally tens of thousands of people who would get banned if ArcDPS is the culprit (even BGDM had over 10k users)

> >

> > What if they triggered false positives in some cases?

> Possible yes. It is not my job to judge anyone here. But if they already say no appeals allowed then they must be pretty sure about these punishments?

Thats what scary me the most, the fact they are pretty sure and they wont listen people like me.

I know I cant do anything to make any of you guys believe my word, but I dont use any hack or any illegal software, and I have a ban.

Do not think it Arc or TACO. There was video some time ago some person show cheating program and do to make Arena net aware. Can not show where this is but in this forum where it is people say now they are banned. Probably this program get people ban.

I'm all for keeping cheaters out of the game however I think ANet needs to maintain an approved 3rd party software list. They should evaluate the software and put it on the list of approved software along with the last version evaluated. It's kind of draconian to just mass suspend accounts without having that list so users can know which software they can use. It would protect both the users and ANet.

I don't run 3rd party software because I don't know what is approved and what isn't. Yes they sometimes give a passing reference to one program or another but without a formal list that has been for evaluated every player that uses any 3rd party software is at risk.

I do think suspension terms should be based on which unapproved 3rd party program is detected. Botting and outright cheating software should get max suspensions. Also an email should be sent to the account email address along with a screen dialog telling the user that the software is detected and needs to be removed to proceed.

Content producers that are part of ANet's partner program for them have promoted 3rd party software to the community. That could be construed as an indirect approval of the software by ANet. How are uses to know which is approved and which isn't if there isn't a approved list?

Could you just make a white list of software that is OK to use? I never used anything but now I'm even scared of some farming here and there using nothing besides the game itself :/ I got PoF as a freaking wedding present! Would be really awful from your side if I got suspended. NOT COOL ANET and what about no possibility to appeal? Of course that cheaters deserved that but there seems to be a percentage of people that did nothing wrong or were completely unaware if they did something wrong. meh

> @"Serra.5479" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > It is not ArcDPS or build templates. I use both things very heavily and my account is working fine

> > > >

> > > > There are literally tens of thousands of people who would get banned if ArcDPS is the culprit (even BGDM had over 10k users)

> > >

> > > What if they triggered false positives in some cases?

> > Possible yes. It is not my job to judge anyone here. But if they already say no appeals allowed then they must be pretty sure about these punishments?

>

> Thats what scary me the most, the fact they are pretty sure and they wont listen people like me.

> I know I cant do anything to make any of you guys believe my word, but I dont use any hack or any illegal software, and I have a ban.

>

Probably the best option is to open a ticket and demand a Senior or Lead GM to look at it

> @"Avelione.6075" said:

> Could you just make a white list of software that is OK to use? I never used anything but now I'm even scared of some farming here and there using nothing besides the game itself :/ I got PoF as a freaking wedding present! Would be really awful from your side if I got suspended. NOT COOL ANET and what about no possibility to appeal? Of course that cheaters deserved that but there seems to be a percentage of people that did nothing wrong or were completely unaware if they did something wrong. meh

That list doesn't exist ... it's NOT OK to use 3rd party software because it can change and trigger some undesirable interaction with the game that Anet can ban you for. It's just not worth the risk. Anet doesn't need to police 3rd party software.

> @"Serra.5479" said:

> > @"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

> > > @"Serra.5479" said:

> > > > @"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

> > > > > @"Serra.5479" said:

> > > > > > @"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

> > > > > > > @"Serra.5479" said:

> > > > > > > I dont know guys, I feel pretty sad and bad now. I got the ban, and I only use arcdps and taco, both of them supported by anet. I also have a razer mouse, I dont know if the drivers can also be a problem.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Also the dont appeal statement is more depressing.

> > > > > > > Im a guild leader, more than 9k hours, 36k achievements and I spend a lot of money every month in gems. I never, never, would put my account on risk, that wont have any sense. I just want a revision, but they say they wont accept an appeal.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Arc and Taco are not supported by Anet. They tolerated them but with the "use at your own risk" warning. You have been warned. It's that easy. May not seem fair, but they did warn you and as others have stated: Only older versions (especially of Arc) have been "greenlit" by Anet. These statements are sometimes over 1 year old. And there happend updates to these addons in this year which may be banworthy.

> > > > >

> > > > > That dont have sense, a lot of people use Taco and arcdps, if they allowed them in the past, they should warning people before suddenly ban them for use those 2.

> > > >

> > > > Not all people using Arc and Taco use the same features. There are some additional features which you can install. Some may have installed them, others not. This can be a reason why some people with arc/taco got a ban and some not. You may not have used any features with the intention to do bad but if there exists the possibility to do so they do have the right to ban you. And with all the hacks and kitten going on in PvP/WvW in the last months I can kind of understand Anets action here.

> > > > Also it is not there job to check every account which uses arc/taco/whatever and see if any of the possible additional features could conflict with their rules. People have been told to use these at their own risk. Now some got the consequences. Like I said: They have been warned.

> > >

> > > I use arcdps + buildtemplates and regular TacO + Tekkits markers.

> > > Nothing more.

> > > A 6 month ban seems more for people using hacks or a software to hack, and I dont use nothing like that.

> >

> > The following may be false but consider this: Build templates as far as I understand change your gear and traits by 1 click. Like clicking on the build/playstyle you want to switch to. Correct me here if I'm wrong, I'm not using any addon. This alone would be a violation of the "1 click - 1 action" rule as switching gear and equipment is more than 1 click.

> > Also some say arc reads memory and operates deeper in the files (don't know if that is true): There may be an issue with this.

> > Also: All current versions could be okay, but versions before could have had a feature/interaction which may be banworthy. So it may be the case that you where on a banlist for a long time now and as they baned poeple today, many may have been, and were baned for something in the past as I don't think there was a problem like yesterday with 1,3k+ accounts and so they baned them today. They have collected the ban reasons for a ban wave.

> > All of this are just speculations, but something you should think about.

>

> Chris (Security Lead) work with the build template developer to make it allowed. Its not illegal, same with arcdsp, because its needed to use buildtemplate.

> I always update arc to the last version, because the game crash if you dont update it.

>

> Yeah, I know they can ban a guy months later, but like I said, I never use any hacks or illegal software, only arcdps and taco.

Your missing the point.. yes it is allowed to be used but at your own risk.. it is not supported, therefore any changes made to ARCdps or TACO do not get checked by ANET for compatability each time they see revision and if something then triggeres their security.. you are in the lap of the gods and around here ANET is "the GODS"

If ArcDPS and Taco are indeed all you use on your main account and it has seen action then you would have to place them at the top of the list forprobable cause, whether its a false positive or not. If however ANET have found something else then you might well get the name and shame treatment like others have before... but lets not jump the gun until some kind of clarity has come out of all this.. if ANET choose to shed some.

Glad to see ANet be a little more aggressive about suspensions, and of course people are going to cry and whine and say "I am innocent." If you got suspended, you were probably using an exploit to your advantage (against ToS) or a macro or some third-party program that isn't kosher. I see other players using exploits and outright hacks in wvw all the time and it is irritating, especially for the folks that play straight.

GOOD JOB ANET! I think 2000 suspensions is pretty light compared to the number of people that should be banned, but I understand your cautious approach. To me, this is welcome news and it is about time. Play straight or get banned! That's how it should be. It's simple.

> @"Rankomonaut.4708" said:

> Hello players, did anyone get the suspension for no reason aswell?

>

> My wife and me just finished our wvw dailies and suddenly got the suspension at the same time.

>

> "Your Guild Wars 2 account has been suspended for modifying or tampering with the game, which is a breach of the User Agreement and Rules of Conduct. Access will be restored in 4320 hour."

>

> Question is... what did I do? I only use TacO for trib SAB (although after last week I'm done, so I quit it.) I also use the arcdps buildtemplate thing - for the build template only.

>

> Strange is that my wife does not use any of these. Help?

Now I notice, maybe we have a ban for use the TacO trib SAB markers? I used them this year to get the yearly new achievements, I already had both weapons collections two years ago...

If that is the case, 6 months for use some markers with TacO seems too much.