Account suspension discussion [merged]

> @"Mokoshakar.1436" said:

> I just got the suspension too, and i was using reshade, Taco and yolomouse. I dont think my mouse ( logitech g600 ) keybinds could be the problem since im using them for a long time. I dont know what trigger the suspension, i hope i get the awnser with the support.

Yolomouse is probably what got you banned . Specially if it is not the original program for the logitech mouse.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Avelione.6075" said:

> > Could you just make a white list of software that is OK to use? I never used anything but now I'm even scared of some farming here and there using nothing besides the game itself :/ I got PoF as a freaking wedding present! Would be really awful from your side if I got suspended. NOT COOL ANET and what about no possibility to appeal? Of course that cheaters deserved that but there seems to be a percentage of people that did nothing wrong or were completely unaware if they did something wrong. meh

>

> That list doesn't exist ... it's NOT OK to use 3rd party software because it can change and trigger some undesirable interaction with the game that Anet can ban you for. It's just not worth the risk. Anet doesn't need to police 3rd party software.

I don't think anyone would be concerned if, for instance, ANet became aware of a change that put a specific piece of software in violation of policy and responded by providing a warning regarding the change, followed by a grace period, and warnings for first-time offenders. Keep in mind we aren't talking about speed hacking/teleporting here. We're talking about things like arcdps which ANet has previously weighed in on themselves.

I understand that they have no such obligation per policy. However, dropping 6-month no-appeal bans on players for using something that has previously been green-lighted, for a first time offense and with no prior warning or grace period is not helping the game. But that scenario seems so implausible (Why would ANet do that?) I feel there must be something else going on here. We need more information, I think.

> @"Lord Huntsman.4691" said:

> If you got suspended, you were probably using an exploit to your advantage (against ToS) or a macro or some third-party program that isn't kosher.

There seem to be a lot of people (including me) who used arcdps only, which does not provide any advantage, and got suspended. Why are you so sure these bans aren't just false positives?

> @"starhunter.6015" said:

> > @"Mokoshakar.1436" said:

> > I just got the suspension too, and i was using reshade, Taco and yolomouse. I dont think my mouse ( logitech g600 ) keybinds could be the problem since im using them for a long time. I dont know what trigger the suspension, i hope i get the awnser with the support.

>

> Yolomouse is probably what got you banned . Specially if it is not the original program for the logitech mouse.

Can YoloMouse actually trigger something in the game? I use it along with arcdps and taco and got banned while other players using only taco and arcdps didn't get suspension.

It's about time and a well needed purge.

If you search for various GW2 hacking forums you'll find that they are lit up with banned folks who were using third party software that also had certain illicit built-in capabilities, regardless of whether or not those capabilities were enabled and/or put to use by the player. Common capabilities seem to include gear info of other players, radar hacks, clipping, speed, etc. I don't know how strict or loose the criteria were, but I imagine they researched available third party software and their capabilities, and then looked for those within associated GW2 files and folders. Maybe.

IMO, the writing was on the wall. ;)

For the past 4-5 months all I do is log in collect the reward and If I am in the mood play 1 pvp game.

Programs which I have installed are taco (installed during xmas for the orphans route), arcdps (so I can see my ping and fps) and gw2hook which is a reshade fork but it just makes it so that it doesn't reload every time you alt tab, which again i have disabled since it makes my fps drop on crowded areas.

So my average play time for the past 4-5 months is 2-10 minutes...

Yet somehow i found my self being banned today for 6 months while people who rig pvp matches and trade titles got banned for 3... Meaning i cant log in on my 30k ap account on which I have spent 7k hours on these past 5 and a half years...

And even though I don't care for the game that much anymore I don't want some random guy to ban my account without telling me specifically what I've done wrong.

I don't care what your ban appeal policy is. I've opened a ticket with this account asking to review the ban on my main one. Either you unban me cos obviously you made a mistake or tell me what I used that it was illegal..

PS. How can my 2nd account not be banned while it is using exactly the same set up/programs as my main? anet logic......

> @"Avelione.6075" said:

> Could you just make a white list of software that is OK to use? I never used anything but now I'm even scared of some farming here and there using nothing besides the game itself :/ I got PoF as a freaking wedding present! Would be really awful from your side if I got suspended. NOT COOL ANET and what about no possibility to appeal? Of course that cheaters deserved that but there seems to be a percentage of people that did nothing wrong or were completely unaware if they did something wrong. meh

If you use nothing and only play the game using the controls and mechanics made available.. why would you be worried?

> @"Akeldama.4738" said:

> It's about time and a well needed purge.

>

> If you search for various GW2 hacking forums you'll find that they are lit up with banned folks who were using third party software that also had certain illicit built-in capabilities, regardless of whether or not those capabilities were enabled and/or put to use by the player. Common capabilities seem to include gear info of other players, radar hacks, clipping, speed, etc. I don't know how strict or loose the criteria were, but I imagine they researched available third party software and their capabilities, and then looked for those within associated GW2 files and folders. Maybe.

>

> IMO, the writing was on the wall. ;)

>

Yeah i've just taken a look at the forum for the site that Scorpion talked about in his youtube "banmeplease" videos.... we all know who the site is and strangely enough it's lit up with cries of receiving 6 month bans in the last 24 hrs.. so I am of the mind many of these "I'm innocent" posts are as I said previous.. more nefarious when the surface is scratched a little deeper... if so.. good riddance and well done ANET for finally starting to take notice to what's been made clear for sometime now.

EDIT.. seems the bright spark on their forums got to talking about what and where they are using the hacks...... SAB and PvP/WvW

Surprise, surprise using superspeed and fly hacks in tribby etc for 3 min runs.. so the plot thickens. Though they are also making sniggers about the fact that the real issues are being forgotten by ANET.. wonder what that means.

EDIT .. latest post on their forums from one of their haxters - - >

**" I don't care about my account, I'm on right now cheating using my own tools without a problem ( and have been on idling since the fiasco began ), this is most likely just a ploy like last time during the teleport hack ban wave for anet to pease the legitimate community where-as most know you can still teleport hack in small increments without issue and seems it was just mostly users that had speedhack running.

And even if it isn't a ploy, atleast it's something to do besides sitting around hoping anet will actually offer a challenge after so long."**

Gotta love that posters super fuelled ego

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Avelione.6075" said:

> > > Could you just make a white list of software that is OK to use? I never used anything but now I'm even scared of some farming here and there using nothing besides the game itself :/ I got PoF as a freaking wedding present! Would be really awful from your side if I got suspended. NOT COOL ANET and what about no possibility to appeal? Of course that cheaters deserved that but there seems to be a percentage of people that did nothing wrong or were completely unaware if they did something wrong. meh

> >

> > That list doesn't exist ... it's NOT OK to use 3rd party software because it can change and trigger some undesirable interaction with the game that Anet can ban you for. It's just not worth the risk. Anet doesn't need to police 3rd party software.

>

> I don't think anyone would be concerned if, for instance, ANet became aware of a change that put a specific piece of software in violation of policy and responded by providing a warning regarding the change, followed by a grace period, and warnings for first-time offenders. Keep in mind we aren't talking about speed hacking/teleporting here. We're talking about things like arcdps which ANet has previously weighed in on themselves.

>

> I understand that they have no such obligation per policy. However, dropping 6-month no-appeal bans on players for using something that has previously been green-lighted, for a first time offense and with no prior warning or grace period is not helping the game. But that scenario seems so implausible (Why would ANet do that?) I feel there must be something else going on here. We need more information, I think.

Again, it's been VERY clear, using 3rd party programs is at the PLAYER'S risk. As I can remember, even if Anet DID flag some programs as useable, that doesn't remove the risk of using those programs for the player; Anet is not going to validate every 3rd party thing when they probably aren't really keen on players using that software in the first place. Why would they take such a strong stance on it if they weren't? If something changed in any 3rd party thing that Anet didn't like, you're going to get slammed hard. Any game that DOESN'T send that message is just ripe for hackers and cheaters to find and poke holes in it anyway they can. Anet can't allow that to happen. A strong message must be sent.

I'm not even sure what programs got these people banned, so I'm not going to assume it was the one you are referencing as getting the thumbs up ... it doesn't really matter. People took a risk ... now they got the heavy ban hammer. I've YET to play a game that doesn't take 3rd party software as seriously as Anet has here.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > > There is no innocents if you got suspended you broke the rules probly for using arc dps and TACO if anet approved these they would be built in game in first place sorry you got banned but its the truth

> >

> > It's truly astounding to me how many people don't seem to get it TacO especially is just an overlay that uses the APIs that ArenaNet themselves developed and provided in order to let people CREATE programs like TacO!

> >

> > They WANT people to create programs like TacO, if they didn't want people to write programs like TacO they just have to turn off the servers and disable the APIs that they provide for programs like TacO.

> >

> > Hell, they even ran a competition to get people to write overlay programs like TacO in association with Overwolf: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-overwolf-guild-wars-2-app-challenge/

> >

> > For further reading:

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/API:Main

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/API:List_of_applications

>

> Not quite ... TaCO relies more on the data provided through the [Mumble Link](https://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Link "https://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Link"). That is how it knows where your character is standing, the direction, the direction the camera is facing. Without that bit I don't think TaCO would be able to function. The purpose of the Mumble data is to enable positional audio. Some additional data was also added at players' request when they started using it for other things but it is not the same as the GW2 API that those contest are referring to.

>

> The GW2 API does not provide that data and even if it did it would not be usable for TaCO because the data from the GW2 API can be cached for as long as 5(might be 3 but several minutes regardless) minutes. Imagine TaCO drawing markers for where you were standing 5 minutes ago.

Yes, I know. The Mumble Link details are on the first API page I gave.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/API:MumbleLink

Regardless, the point is that ArenaNet have provided these services (including Mumble Link support) specifically for overlay addons like TacO.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Avelione.6075" said:

> > > > Could you just make a white list of software that is OK to use? I never used anything but now I'm even scared of some farming here and there using nothing besides the game itself :/ I got PoF as a freaking wedding present! Would be really awful from your side if I got suspended. NOT COOL ANET and what about no possibility to appeal? Of course that cheaters deserved that but there seems to be a percentage of people that did nothing wrong or were completely unaware if they did something wrong. meh

> > >

> > > That list doesn't exist ... it's NOT OK to use 3rd party software because it can change and trigger some undesirable interaction with the game that Anet can ban you for. It's just not worth the risk. Anet doesn't need to police 3rd party software.

> >

> > I don't think anyone would be concerned if, for instance, ANet became aware of a change that put a specific piece of software in violation of policy and responded by providing a warning regarding the change, followed by a grace period, and warnings for first-time offenders. Keep in mind we aren't talking about speed hacking/teleporting here. We're talking about things like arcdps which ANet has previously weighed in on themselves.

> >

> > I understand that they have no such obligation per policy. However, dropping 6-month no-appeal bans on players for using something that has previously been green-lighted, for a first time offense and with no prior warning or grace period is not helping the game. But that scenario seems so implausible (Why would ANet do that?) I feel there must be something else going on here. We need more information, I think.

>

> Again, it's been VERY clear, using 3rd party programs is at the PLAYER'S risk. As I can remember, even if Anet DID flag some programs as useable, that doesn't remove the risk of using those programs for the player; Anet is not going to validate every 3rd party thing when they probably aren't really keen on players using that software in the first place. Why would they take such a strong stance on it if they weren't? If something changed in any 3rd party thing that Anet didn't like, you're going to get slammed hard. Any game that DOESN'T send that message is just ripe for hackers and cheaters to find and poke holes in it anyway they can. Anet can't allow that to happen. A strong message must be sent.

>

> I'm not even sure what programs got these people banned, so I'm not going to assume it was the one you are referencing as getting the thumbs up ... it doesn't really matter. People took a risk ... now they got the heavy ban hammer. I've YET to play a game that doesn't take 3rd party software as seriously as Anet has here.

Having now read some of the latest postings on one of the "popular" multihacking tool sites I would say it more do with ANET monitoring data over the last few months and catching accounts that have been speed hacking, fly, no clip etc.. best thing now would be for ANET to come out and name shame any of the posters that are saying here "I'm innocent" if they have indeed been found to be risking their accounts.. at least then it would install some level of confidence that its not a wave of false positives and ANET are finally waking up to the issues and trying to do something about it.. and not just paying lip service to the problem.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> Again, it's been VERY clear, using 3rd party programs is at the PLAYER'S risk. As I can remember, even if Anet DID flag some programs as useable, that doesn't remove the risk of using those programs for the player; Anet is not going to validate every 3rd party thing when they probably aren't really keen on players using that software in the first place. Why would they take such a strong stance on it if they weren't? If something changed in any 3rd party thing that Anet didn't like, you're going to get slammed hard. Any game that DOESN'T send that message is just ripe for hackers and cheaters to find and poke holes in it anyway they can. Anet can't allow that to happen. A strong message must be sent.

>

> I'm not even sure what programs got these people banned, so I'm not going to assume it was the one you are referencing as getting the thumbs up ... it doesn't really matter. People took a risk ... now they got the heavy ban hammer. I've YET to play a game that doesn't take 3rd party software as seriously as Anet has here.

Dude u are not even making sense... Did u even read what u wrote???

Anet GM's have said taco and arcdps are safe to use.. If anet flagged some programs as usable then those programs are risk free and they have no right to ban players for using them. If you don't want people to use 3rd party programs then don't accept any as usable. simple as that

> @"SaMaeL.7412" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > Again, it's been VERY clear, using 3rd party programs is at the PLAYER'S risk. As I can remember, even if Anet DID flag some programs as useable, that doesn't remove the risk of using those programs for the player; Anet is not going to validate every 3rd party thing when they probably aren't really keen on players using that software in the first place. Why would they take such a strong stance on it if they weren't? If something changed in any 3rd party thing that Anet didn't like, you're going to get slammed hard. Any game that DOESN'T send that message is just ripe for hackers and cheaters to find and poke holes in it anyway they can. Anet can't allow that to happen. A strong message must be sent.

> >

> > I'm not even sure what programs got these people banned, so I'm not going to assume it was the one you are referencing as getting the thumbs up ... it doesn't really matter. People took a risk ... now they got the heavy ban hammer. I've YET to play a game that doesn't take 3rd party software as seriously as Anet has here.

>

> Dude u are not even making sense... Did u even read what u wrote???

>

> Anet GM's have said taco and arcdps are safe to use.. If anet flagged some programs as usable then those programs are risk free and they have no right to ban players for using them. If you don't want people to use 3rd party programs then don't accept any as usable. simple as that

WRONG.. they said they can be used at your own risk.. if those third party programs are altered, revised etc and then trigger a security flag.. then you run the risk of account action. ANET do not support the programs and are not responsible for its integrity, validity and conformance.. it triggers your gunna get stung simple as that.

Just because you read that some people on some random forum were banned doesn't mean we are all guilty. The only reason i can think i got banned for is because i accidentally hit my music macro in wvw a couple of times (6 - 10 times max and it always got me killed). I have never done SAB tribulation as i suck at jumping puzzles i tried with around 100 lives this year and didn't do it once.

I don't mind any ANET devs looking into my case and if i am a liar posting it here, I am 100% certain i have not knowingly done anything wrong.

Banning for "3rd party software" is just a generic reason that means they found you doing something that wouldn't be normally possible. It doesn't actually mean that you were running any software. If you set up a basic AFK pet farmer for example, only using what the game provides, and you get caught doing it, you'll be banned for this reason if you fail to pass their "are you there" test. In a simple case like that however, the suspension usually only lasts a few days as a warning, whereas a 6 month suspension is a serious offense; their maximum penalty, so likely something was heavily abused. ArenaNet relies on server side detection, so it wasn't any program, macro or anything else simple like that, it was something that could be detected from another person's point of view. Claiming they won't accept appeals is just a scare tactic. They have in the past regardless of saying it, though maybe this time they investigated each case individually and have irrefutable proof, rather than banning by automated triggers or by association as they've done in the past.

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> I don't mind any ANET devs looking into my case and if i am a liar posting it here, I am 100% certain i have not knowingly done anything wrong.

No one is calling you a liar. It's just that ANet doesn't care whether you knowingly did something wrong or not in this case.

According to their detection algorithms you did and that's all that matters.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Avelione.6075" said:

> > > > > Could you just make a white list of software that is OK to use? I never used anything but now I'm even scared of some farming here and there using nothing besides the game itself :/ I got PoF as a freaking wedding present! Would be really awful from your side if I got suspended. NOT COOL ANET and what about no possibility to appeal? Of course that cheaters deserved that but there seems to be a percentage of people that did nothing wrong or were completely unaware if they did something wrong. meh

> > > >

> > > > That list doesn't exist ... it's NOT OK to use 3rd party software because it can change and trigger some undesirable interaction with the game that Anet can ban you for. It's just not worth the risk. Anet doesn't need to police 3rd party software.

> > >

> > > I don't think anyone would be concerned if, for instance, ANet became aware of a change that put a specific piece of software in violation of policy and responded by providing a warning regarding the change, followed by a grace period, and warnings for first-time offenders. Keep in mind we aren't talking about speed hacking/teleporting here. We're talking about things like arcdps which ANet has previously weighed in on themselves.

> > >

> > > I understand that they have no such obligation per policy. However, dropping 6-month no-appeal bans on players for using something that has previously been green-lighted, for a first time offense and with no prior warning or grace period is not helping the game. But that scenario seems so implausible (Why would ANet do that?) I feel there must be something else going on here. We need more information, I think.

> >

> > Again, it's been VERY clear, using 3rd party programs is at the PLAYER'S risk. As I can remember, even if Anet DID flag some programs as useable, that doesn't remove the risk of using those programs for the player; Anet is not going to validate every 3rd party thing when they probably aren't really keen on players using that software in the first place. Why would they take such a strong stance on it if they weren't? If something changed in any 3rd party thing that Anet didn't like, you're going to get slammed hard. Any game that DOESN'T send that message is just ripe for hackers and cheaters to find and poke holes in it anyway they can. Anet can't allow that to happen. A strong message must be sent.

> >

> > I'm not even sure what programs got these people banned, so I'm not going to assume it was the one you are referencing as getting the thumbs up ... it doesn't really matter. People took a risk ... now they got the heavy ban hammer. I've YET to play a game that doesn't take 3rd party software as seriously as Anet has here.

>

> Having now read some of the latest postings on one of the "popular" multihacking tool sites I would say it more do with ANET monitoring data over the last few months and catching accounts that have been speed hacking, fly, no clip etc.. best thing now would be for ANET to come out and name shame any of the posters that are saying here "I'm innocent" if they have indeed been found to be risking their accounts.. at least then it would install some level of confidence that its not a wave of false positives and ANET are finally waking up to the issues and trying to do something about it.. and not just paying lip service to the problem.

That's pretty much it. When you come out with no-appeal bans, people tend to get nervous about the possibility of false positives. I'm pretty sure most of us are on board with getting rid of hackers!

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > Have you seen his end i am sorry but i dont belive anyone innocent until proved otherwise sorry

>

> 1. Anet doesnt post proves either.

> 2. Unjustified bans happened in the past and anet revoked them.

>

> So again, as players we should believe noone. Neither anet nor those who claim innocence

we shoulf belive anet not like they would ban people willy nilly the want ppl to play thegame and spend money.

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > I don't mind any ANET devs looking into my case and if i am a liar posting it here, I am 100% certain i have not knowingly done anything wrong.

>

> No one is calling you a liar. It's just that ANet doesn't care whether you knowingly did something wrong or not in this case.

> According to their detection algorithms you did and that's all that matters.

>

I know but a 6 month suspension for an innocent mistake is extremely harsh. This is my first "offence" and if someone from ANET contacted me i would've explained and deleted the music macros. It's unfair that i am being lumped in with people who are teleporting and ruining the game because i accidentally used a music macro in wvw a few times.

I got punished a lot more than the guy that was selling PVP wins for real world money.

If some people use forbidden software not with the intent to cheat (i.e. just running it without getting any advantages, which, I believe, is possible to check), it might be reasonable to warn them first and not just directly ban them for 6 months. I really hope anet explains what led to all these bans.

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > I don't mind any ANET devs looking into my case and if i am a liar posting it here, I am 100% certain i have not knowingly done anything wrong.

> >

> > No one is calling you a liar. It's just that ANet doesn't care whether you knowingly did something wrong or not in this case.

> > According to their detection algorithms you did and that's all that matters.

> >

>

> I know but a 6 month suspension for an innocent mistake is extremely harsh. This is my first "offence" and if someone from ANET contacted me i would've explained and deleted the music macros. It's unfair that i am being lumped in with people who are teleporting and ruining the game because i accidentally used a music macro in wvw a few times.

>

> I got punished a lot more than the guy that was selling PVP wins for real world money.

It is strange they banned you for music macroes. I remember on old forums an Anet dev said it is ok to use macros for music (as the only exception for macros)

EDIT found it:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Policy-3rd-Party-Programs-Multi-Boxing-Macros

>Edited 09-12-2016: We wanted to make it clear that music macros, when properly used, are fully acceptable, so this thread post has been expanded to include that content. We will be updating the mirrored posts in French, German, and Spanish, as well. Play on!

you should definitely make a ticket and point them at this quote

> @"Vault Girl.6792" said:

> If some people use forbidden software not with the intent to cheat (i.e. just running it without getting any advantages, which, I believe, is possible to check), it might be reasonable to warn them first and not just directly ban them for 6 months. I really hope anet explains what led to all these bans.

I think that the six month ban is the warning: next time it will probably be a permanent one.