Is the Deep Sea Dragon already dead?

WillS.1367

> @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > @"Dragana.1497" said:

> > > > > > @"WillS.1367" said:

> > > > > > We havent seen any of his minions yet either.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Could the Karka be his minions? That's what this tweet by that_shaman made me wonder:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > i find the krait to be the more likely candidate

> > >

> > > Except the Krait are also being pushed out by Bubbles.

> >

> > *more* likely.

> >

> > there is a connection between the krait and dsd while there's very little between the karka and dsd besides they're ocean creators

>

> If you're suggesting Krait are DSD Minions then how do they get corrupted by Zhaitin?

>

> Sylvari can't be corrupted because they are dragon minions, remember they were immune to Zhaitin.

i'm not. was more thinking of a sons of svanir thing going on then they're minions

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > @"Dragana.1497" said:

> > > > > > > @"WillS.1367" said:

> > > > > > > We havent seen any of his minions yet either.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Could the Karka be his minions? That's what this tweet by that_shaman made me wonder:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > i find the krait to be the more likely candidate

> > > >

> > > > Except the Krait are also being pushed out by Bubbles.

> > >

> > > *more* likely.

> > >

> > > there is a connection between the krait and dsd while there's very little between the karka and dsd besides they're ocean creators

> >

> > If you're suggesting Krait are DSD Minions then how do they get corrupted by Zhaitin?

> >

> > Sylvari can't be corrupted because they are dragon minions, remember they were immune to Zhaitin.

>

> i'm not. was more thinking of a sons of svanir thing going on then they're minions

Minions can't get corrupted twice.

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > @"Dragana.1497" said:

> > > > > > > > @"WillS.1367" said:

> > > > > > > > We havent seen any of his minions yet either.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Could the Karka be his minions? That's what this tweet by that_shaman made me wonder:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > i find the krait to be the more likely candidate

> > > > >

> > > > > Except the Krait are also being pushed out by Bubbles.

> > > >

> > > > *more* likely.

> > > >

> > > > there is a connection between the krait and dsd while there's very little between the karka and dsd besides they're ocean creators

> > >

> > > If you're suggesting Krait are DSD Minions then how do they get corrupted by Zhaitin?

> > >

> > > Sylvari can't be corrupted because they are dragon minions, remember they were immune to Zhaitin.

> >

> > i'm not. was more thinking of a sons of svanir thing going on then they're minions

>

> Minions can't get corrupted twice.

sons of svanir aren't dragon minions they're cultists

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > > > > @"Dragana.1497" said:

> > > > > > > > @"WillS.1367" said:

> > > > > > > > We havent seen any of his minions yet either.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Could the Karka be his minions? That's what this tweet by that_shaman made me wonder:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > i find the krait to be the more likely candidate

> > > > >

> > > > > Except the Krait are also being pushed out by Bubbles.

> > > >

> > > > *more* likely.

> > > >

> > > > there is a connection between the krait and dsd while there's very little between the karka and dsd besides they're ocean creators

> > >

> > > If you're suggesting Krait are DSD Minions then how do they get corrupted by Zhaitin?

> > >

> > > Sylvari can't be corrupted because they are dragon minions, remember they were immune to Zhaitin.

> >

> > i'm not. was more thinking of a sons of svanir thing going on then they're minions

>

> Minions can't get corrupted twice.

This isn't strictly true, as proven by Subject Alpha, Subject Beta, Kudu, and Kudu's Monster.

Based off of dialogue from Rallying Call, Hidden Arcana, and [this piece of HoT promotion](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/points-of-interest-episode-18-summary/), the sylvari's immunity actually comes from the Dream of Dreams, which based off of the White Stag and Malyck, is not innate to mordrem/sylvari, but something separate that Mordremoth and the Pale Tree were both able to access. Similarly, based on aforementioned HoT Promotion article, it was the Dream of Dreams that allowed Mordremoth to send out his "call" to the sylvari and convert them (I say convert becaused based on Buried Insight, the Mordrem Guard were not corrupted in the traditional dragon corruption sense).

The Pale Tree literally tells a sylvari PC during Rallying Call that it was her protection that defended them from dragon corruption - while she was indirect/lying about the reason Mordremoth could bypass that protection, the HoT promotion similarly says it is through the Pale Tree's protection (and a sylvari's own willpower) that prevents them converting to Mordremoth's call.

...Meant to ask for clarification on this at the AFC, kind of funny how one remembers something they forget when it's too late. Though I doubt an answer would have been given.

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > > > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Dragana.1497" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"WillS.1367" said:

> > > > > > > > > We havent seen any of his minions yet either.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Could the Karka be his minions? That's what this tweet by that_shaman made me wonder:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > i find the krait to be the more likely candidate

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Except the Krait are also being pushed out by Bubbles.

> > > > >

> > > > > *more* likely.

> > > > >

> > > > > there is a connection between the krait and dsd while there's very little between the karka and dsd besides they're ocean creators

> > > >

> > > > If you're suggesting Krait are DSD Minions then how do they get corrupted by Zhaitin?

> > > >

> > > > Sylvari can't be corrupted because they are dragon minions, remember they were immune to Zhaitin.

> > >

> > > i'm not. was more thinking of a sons of svanir thing going on then they're minions

> >

> > Minions can't get corrupted twice.

>

> sons of svanir aren't dragon minions they're cultists

How ever the corruption is taking place on a slow path, because they have already started accepting Jormag's power. Kind of like a meth head that gets hooked the first time but doesn't look like a zombie with rotting teeth until much later.

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > > > > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Dragana.1497" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"WillS.1367" said:

> > > > > > > > > > We havent seen any of his minions yet either.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Could the Karka be his minions? That's what this tweet by that_shaman made me wonder:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > i find the krait to be the more likely candidate

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Except the Krait are also being pushed out by Bubbles.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > *more* likely.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > there is a connection between the krait and dsd while there's very little between the karka and dsd besides they're ocean creators

> > > > >

> > > > > If you're suggesting Krait are DSD Minions then how do they get corrupted by Zhaitin?

> > > > >

> > > > > Sylvari can't be corrupted because they are dragon minions, remember they were immune to Zhaitin.

> > > >

> > > > i'm not. was more thinking of a sons of svanir thing going on then they're minions

> > >

> > > Minions can't get corrupted twice.

> >

> > sons of svanir aren't dragon minions they're cultists

>

> How ever the corruption is taking place on a slow path, because they have already started accepting Jormag's power. Kind of like a meth head that gets hooked the first time but doesn't look like a zombie with rotting teeth until much later.

if they get corrupted by jormag they have ice on them

>Recently corrupted icebroods are merely covered in ice, still having blood in their bodies, while older icebroods are said to have frozen insides.

while many svanir in and around hoelbrak clearly aren't covered in ice.

but my point was that there is a connection between the krait and dsd which doesn't mean they're minions but rather that their religion is based on dsd. (with their "prophete's" sounding like dragon champions awaking before their master does, "It is to these prophets that the krait sacrifice their slaves, believing that they will serve the prophets as they expand their otherworldly armies" sounds like having slaves corrupted into dragon minions, the blue orb) which is a stronger connection with dsd then the karka have (they come from the ocean).

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Could the Karka be his minions? That's what this tweet by that_shaman made me wonder:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > *more* likely.

> > > > >

> > > > > there is a connection between the krait and dsd while there's very little between the karka and dsd besides they're ocean creators

> > > >

> > > > If you're suggesting Krait are DSD Minions then how do they get corrupted by Zhaitin?

> > > >

> > > > Sylvari can't be corrupted because they are dragon minions, remember they were immune to Zhaitin.

> > >

> > > i'm not. was more thinking of a sons of svanir thing going on then they're minions

> >

>

> This isn't strictly true, as proven by Subject Alpha, Subject Beta, Kudu, and Kudu's Monster.

>

> Based off of dialogue from Rallying Call, Hidden Arcana, and [this piece of HoT promotion](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/points-of-interest-episode-18-summary/), the sylvari's immunity actually comes from the Dream of Dreams, which based off of the White Stag and Malyck, is not innate to mordrem/sylvari, but something separate that Mordremoth and the Pale Tree were both able to access. Similarly, based on aforementioned HoT Promotion article, it was the Dream of Dreams that allowed Mordremoth to send out his "call" to the sylvari and convert them (I say convert becaused based on Buried Insight, the Mordrem Guard were not corrupted in the traditional dragon corruption sense).

>

> The Pale Tree literally tells a sylvari PC during Rallying Call that it was her protection that defended them from dragon corruption - while she was indirect/lying about the reason Mordremoth could bypass that protection, the HoT promotion similarly says it is through the Pale Tree's protection (and a sylvari's own willpower) that prevents them converting to Mordremoth's call.

>

> ...Meant to ask for clarification on this at the AFC, kind of funny how one remembers something they forget when it's too late. Though I doubt an answer would have been given.

Well they didn’t even want to commit 100% to the mouth of Mordremoth either, so I’m sure there would have been a caveat to that answer as well.

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > *more* likely.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

> This isn't strictly true, as proven by Subject Alpha, Subject Beta, Kudu, and Kudu's Monster.

>

> Based off of dialogue from Rallying Call, Hidden Arcana, and [this piece of HoT promotion](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/points-of-interest-episode-18-summary/), the sylvari's immunity actually comes from the Dream of Dreams, which based off of the White Stag and Malyck, is not innate to mordrem/sylvari, but something separate that Mordremoth and the Pale Tree were both able to access. Similarly, based on aforementioned HoT Promotion article, it was the Dream of Dreams that allowed Mordremoth to send out his "call" to the sylvari and convert them (I say convert becaused based on Buried Insight, the Mordrem Guard were not corrupted in the traditional dragon corruption sense).

>

> The Pale Tree literally tells a sylvari PC during Rallying Call that it was her protection that defended them from dragon corruption - while she was indirect/lying about the reason Mordremoth could bypass that protection, the HoT promotion similarly says it is through the Pale Tree's protection (and a sylvari's own willpower) that prevents them converting to Mordremoth's call.

>

> ...Meant to ask for clarification on this at the AFC, kind of funny how one remembers something they forget when it's too late. Though I doubt an answer would have been given.

I would assume that when we see the undead icebrood etc, that is further proof of corruption on top corruption. Sure it comes from the same dragon just using anothers sphere, but in theory multi corruption should be possible between dragons. Question is, would control be split, or does one override another? Perhaps the answer lies in why partially why dragons seem not to encroach on others’ territories.

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > *more* likely.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

> sons of svanir aren't dragon minions they're cultists

Yes they are. They’re like Chaos cultists in Warhammer that after a while they corrupt themselves too far and become pawns of whatever baddy in question. Sons will eventually turn themselves, willingly, into Icebrood.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Could the Karka be his minions? That's what this tweet by that_shaman made me wonder:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > there is a connection between the krait and dsd while there's very little between the karka and dsd besides they're ocean creators

> > > > >

> > > > > If you're suggesting Krait are DSD Minions then how do they get corrupted by Zhaitin?

> > > > >

> > > > > Sylvari can't be corrupted because they are dragon minions, remember they were immune to Zhaitin.

> > > >

> > > > i'm not. was more thinking of a sons of svanir thing going on then they're minions

> > >

> >

> > This isn't strictly true, as proven by Subject Alpha, Subject Beta, Kudu, and Kudu's Monster.

> >

> > Based off of dialogue from Rallying Call, Hidden Arcana, and [this piece of HoT promotion](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/points-of-interest-episode-18-summary/), the sylvari's immunity actually comes from the Dream of Dreams, which based off of the White Stag and Malyck, is not innate to mordrem/sylvari, but something separate that Mordremoth and the Pale Tree were both able to access. Similarly, based on aforementioned HoT Promotion article, it was the Dream of Dreams that allowed Mordremoth to send out his "call" to the sylvari and convert them (I say convert becaused based on Buried Insight, the Mordrem Guard were not corrupted in the traditional dragon corruption sense).

> >

> > The Pale Tree literally tells a sylvari PC during Rallying Call that it was her protection that defended them from dragon corruption - while she was indirect/lying about the reason Mordremoth could bypass that protection, the HoT promotion similarly says it is through the Pale Tree's protection (and a sylvari's own willpower) that prevents them converting to Mordremoth's call.

> >

> > ...Meant to ask for clarification on this at the AFC, kind of funny how one remembers something they forget when it's too late. Though I doubt an answer would have been given.

>

> I would assume that when we see the undead icebrood etc, that is further proof of corruption on top corruption. Sure it comes from the same dragon just using anothers sphere, but in theory multi corruption should be possible between dragons. Question is, would control be split, or does one override another? Perhaps the answer lies in why partially why dragons seem not to encroach on others’ territories.

The problem I see right off the bat is which creature who gets corrupted by for example by two living dragons, which one do they call master? Perhaps unchained can be corrupted by other dragons, like Kralkatorrik, since the spheres are being to blend between dragons. Does Subject Alpha and Subject Beta even hear the dragon’s call I wonder?

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > sons of svanir aren't dragon minions they're cultists

>

> Yes they are. They’re like Chaos cultists in Warhammer that after a while they corrupt themselves too far and become pawns of whatever baddy in question. Sons will eventually turn themselves, willingly, into Icebrood.

they're not icebrood, they don't have dragon corruption in them (yet)

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > > > > > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Dragana.1497" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"WillS.1367" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > We havent seen any of his minions yet either.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Could the Karka be his minions? That's what this tweet by that_shaman made me wonder:

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > i find the krait to be the more likely candidate

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Except the Krait are also being pushed out by Bubbles.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > *more* likely.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > there is a connection between the krait and dsd while there's very little between the karka and dsd besides they're ocean creators

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you're suggesting Krait are DSD Minions then how do they get corrupted by Zhaitin?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sylvari can't be corrupted because they are dragon minions, remember they were immune to Zhaitin.

> > > > >

> > > > > i'm not. was more thinking of a sons of svanir thing going on then they're minions

> > > >

> > > > Minions can't get corrupted twice.

> > >

> > > sons of svanir aren't dragon minions they're cultists

> >

> > Yes they are. They’re like Chaos cultists in Warhammer that after a while they corrupt themselves too far and become pawns of whatever baddy in question. Sons will eventually turn themselves, willingly, into Icebrood.

>

> they're not icebrood, they don't have dragon corruption in them (yet)

You have to crank up your graphics to see it, but the Sons models _are_ covered by a subtle frost effect. Either they're starting to turn, or they drizzle water over themselves on a regular basis.

> @"Dragana.1497" said:

> > @"WillS.1367" said:

> > We havent seen any of his minions yet either.

>

>

> Could the Karka be his minions? That's what this tweet by that_shaman made me wonder:

>

The Karka are NOT his minions. They are simply wildlife displaced by the DSD, which come from the Unending Ocean.

However, a mystery pending since the original 2012 Lost Shores release is what the heck is a "Sclerite"?

More importantly, what the heck is a "Sclerite Karka Shell", the backpiece, which looks nothing like the Karka? Instead it's full of tentacles... The "Sclerite" weapons released much later also have a similar motif, trading the tentacles for eyes.

Looking at the Sclerite Shield, it appears to be some sort of corrupted Karka carapace with eyeball polyps, while the warhorn features features teeth.

These designs are too distinct not to have some sort of significance. Why would they have assets for black karka shells with tentacles and eyes, when they are not involved with the ingame karka design whatsoever?

I did some wiki research and...

>The only known shape of the deep sea dragon's corruption comes from The Movement of the World, claiming that it twists water into tentacled horrors

Tentacles, eh? Like the seemingly random Sclerite backpack?

Hey, guys? I think I solved the puzzle!

> @"Kain Francois.4328" said:

> > @"Dragana.1497" said:

> > > @"WillS.1367" said:

> > > We havent seen any of his minions yet either.

> >

> >

> > Could the Karka be his minions? That's what this tweet by that_shaman made me wonder:

> >

>

> The Karka are NOT his minions. They are simply wildlife displaced by the DSD, which come from the Unending Ocean.

>

> However, a mystery pending since the original 2012 Lost Shores release is what the heck is a "Sclerite"?

>

> More importantly, what the heck is a "Sclerite Karka Shell", the backpiece, which looks nothing like the Karka? Instead it's full of tentacles... The "Sclerite" weapons released much later also have a similar motif, trading the tentacles for eyes.

>

> Looking at the Sclerite Shield, it appears to be some sort of corrupted Karka carapace with eyeball polyps, while the warhorn features features teeth.

>

> These designs are too distinct not to have some sort of significance. Why would they have assets for black karka shells with tentacles and eyes, when they are not involved with the ingame karka design whatsoever?

>

> I did some wiki research and...

>

> >The only known shape of the deep sea dragon's corruption comes from The Movement of the World, claiming that it twists water into tentacled horrors

>

> Tentacles, eh? Like the seemingly random Sclerite backpack?

>

> Hey, guys? I think I solved the puzzle!

Well if the rumour is that the DSD corrupts water, couldn’t the dragon corrupt creatures that have fluids in their bodies... Sounds unpleasant.

> However, a mystery pending since the original 2012 Lost Shores release is what the heck is a "Sclerite"?

scle·rite

ˈsklirīt

nounZOOLOGY

a component section of an exoskeleton, especially each of the plates forming the skeleton of an arthropod.

Not really a mystery... Just "obscure" terminology.

Can't say for the tentacle part, but sclerite likely doesn't refer to the DSD but to the shell-like appearance of the weapons and backpack.

I do recall a question was asked about the tentacles when they showed up during Secret of Southsun Cove, and the answer, iirc, was basically "there's a lot about karka physiology not yet known" and a hint that they were a reaction to the pollen Canach used to make the wildlife on Southsun go crazy.

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > > > > > > @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Dragana.1497" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"WillS.1367" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > We havent seen any of his minions yet either.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Could the Karka be his minions? That's what this tweet by that_shaman made me wonder:

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > i find the krait to be the more likely candidate

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Except the Krait are also being pushed out by Bubbles.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > *more* likely.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > there is a connection between the krait and dsd while there's very little between the karka and dsd besides they're ocean creators

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you're suggesting Krait are DSD Minions then how do they get corrupted by Zhaitin?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sylvari can't be corrupted because they are dragon minions, remember they were immune to Zhaitin.

> > > > >

> > > > > i'm not. was more thinking of a sons of svanir thing going on then they're minions

> > > >

> > > > Minions can't get corrupted twice.

> > >

> > > sons of svanir aren't dragon minions they're cultists

> >

> > Yes they are. They’re like Chaos cultists in Warhammer that after a while they corrupt themselves too far and become pawns of whatever baddy in question. Sons will eventually turn themselves, willingly, into Icebrood.

>

> they're not icebrood, they don't have dragon corruption in them (yet)

There are plenty of events surrounding the transition from Son to Icebrood. The ones you see with lots of icy body parts are clearly mid-transition (again, much like Chaos mutation in Warhammer). Their entire “cult” of Svanir is just set up to be one big factory to produce Icebrood for Jormag with members in varying degrees of “Icebroodification”.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Kain Francois.4328" said:

> > > @"Dragana.1497" said:

> > > > @"WillS.1367" said:

> > > > We havent seen any of his minions yet either.

> > >

> > >

> > > Could the Karka be his minions? That's what this tweet by that_shaman made me wonder:

> > >

> >

> > The Karka are NOT his minions. They are simply wildlife displaced by the DSD, which come from the Unending Ocean.

> >

> > However, a mystery pending since the original 2012 Lost Shores release is what the heck is a "Sclerite"?

> >

> > More importantly, what the heck is a "Sclerite Karka Shell", the backpiece, which looks nothing like the Karka? Instead it's full of tentacles... The "Sclerite" weapons released much later also have a similar motif, trading the tentacles for eyes.

> >

> > Looking at the Sclerite Shield, it appears to be some sort of corrupted Karka carapace with eyeball polyps, while the warhorn features features teeth.

> >

> > These designs are too distinct not to have some sort of significance. Why would they have assets for black karka shells with tentacles and eyes, when they are not involved with the ingame karka design whatsoever?

> >

> > I did some wiki research and...

> >

> > >The only known shape of the deep sea dragon's corruption comes from The Movement of the World, claiming that it twists water into tentacled horrors

> >

> > Tentacles, eh? Like the seemingly random Sclerite backpack?

> >

> > Hey, guys? I think I solved the puzzle!

>

> Well if the rumour is that the DSD corrupts water, couldn’t the dragon corrupt creatures that have fluids in their bodies... Sounds unpleasant.

Oh god.... Oh... Oh my god...

A dragon that can make tentacles burst through someone's veins...

That indeed does sound horrifying.

> > However, a mystery pending since the original 2012 Lost Shores release is what the heck is a "Sclerite"?

>

> scle·rite

> ˈsklirīt

> nounZOOLOGY

> a component section of an exoskeleton, especially each of the plates forming the skeleton of an arthropod.

>

> Not really a mystery... Just "obscure" terminology.

>

> Can't say for the tentacle part, but sclerite likely doesn't refer to the DSD but to the shell-like appearance of the weapons and backpack.

>

> I do recall a question was asked about the tentacles when they showed up during Secret of Southsun Cove, and the answer, iirc, was basically "there's a lot about karka physiology not yet known" and a hint that they were a reaction to the pollen Canach used to make the wildlife on Southsun go crazy.

I did notice a few tentacles in the upper most chamber of the karka hive. Were they always there? Why are they nowher eelse on the island, and what is there purpose?

I REALLY want to learn more about the Karka. Clearly ANET hasn't forgotten about them since they are in both L3 and LS4 releases. I wonder..

> I did notice a few tentacles in the upper most chamber of the karka hive. Were they always there? Why are they nowher eelse on the island, and what is there purpose?

>

> I REALLY want to learn more about the Karka. Clearly ANET hasn't forgotten about them since they are in both L3 and LS4 releases. I wonder..

They only appear in the giant hive on Southsun.

> > I did notice a few tentacles in the upper most chamber of the karka hive. Were they always there? Why are they nowher eelse on the island, and what is there purpose?

> >

> > I REALLY want to learn more about the Karka. Clearly ANET hasn't forgotten about them since they are in both L3 and LS4 releases. I wonder..

>

> They only appear in the giant hive on Southsun.

The karka themselves keep appearing though.

> > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > @"Kain Francois.4328" said:

> > > I did notice a few tentacles in the upper most chamber of the karka hive. Were they always there? Why are they nowher eelse on the island, and what is there purpose?

> > >

> > > I REALLY want to learn more about the Karka. Clearly ANET hasn't forgotten about them since they are in both L3 and LS4 releases. I wonder..

> >

> > They only appear in the giant hive on Southsun.

>

> The karka themselves keep appearing though.

True, but the only karka exposed to those spores Canach used during Secret of Southsun (when the tentacles appeared) was at Southsun.

In addition, we don't even see a hive in Sandswept Isles, and even Ember Bay's hives are minuscule in comparison to Southsun Cove.

The tentacles could easily be showing up due to the spores, or due to the size of the hive, or something else beyond "deep sea dragon corruption". I think we would have gotten a bit more if it was DSD corruption, in all honesty. No other dragon corruption is so... minor.

Secretly, I’m hoping that Cantha as a nation will be the villain.

The Canthans are very nationalistic, and adaptive. They could’ve reached a level of technology that puts shame to the Asura, and maybe they even tamed the DSD, or killed it, and are using it, or its body, as a power source.

Then the Canthans are so developed they want to share their gifts with the start, so they start invading Tyria.

Meanwhile, in the expansion trailer, we’ll see Suun, shaking his head “this is exactly the skritt why we had to leave the previous realm. I’m not saving you again”

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> Secretly, I’m hoping that Cantha as a nation will be the villain.

> The Canthans are very nationalistic, and adaptive. They could’ve reached a level of technology that puts shame to the Asura, and maybe they even tamed the DSD, or killed it, and are using it, or its body, as a power source.

I too had the thought that what if they had captured the DSD and are now using it as a source of power. That would definitely break the mold of Elder Dragon attacks, we rally a force and kill it like the personal story and Heart of Thorns. Hard to say how Kralkatorrik will be handled but I digress.

I think Cantha itself will have large portion of water based if the Jade Sea is no longer a giant block of jade.

> @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> I'm honestly expecting the DSD corruption to look a lot like Davy Jone's crew and ship from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

That's more or less what the orrian risen take inspiration from though. Their bodies all covered in corals (and in the concept art, a bunch of crustacean sea creatures melded into their body).