WvW Commanders rule: no Ranger, Druid, Dragonhunter, Scrapper, etc

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Odinens.5920" said:

>

> As you know based on your post, there are some that will not be flexible enough to adjust their play for the commander.

>

> That is why, this type of player, is denied the opportunity to be in the squad.

>

> Once a player has set a pattern of behavior, commanders learn. They begin to realize that a particular player would not be helpful.

>

> So, they are denied a spot in the squad.

>

> Again, by the commanders choice.

>

> Fortunately there are 3 other maps, or, if someone is that bothered, they can move to another server, though that would be drastic.

>

> To expect the people in the squad to have a group mentality is understandable. Just like a 'raid' comp, there is a workable squad comp for a WvW commander.

>

> If you cannot provide that class, then you need to run beside, find another commander, or buy a tag and do it yourself.

Which is why I said find the commander that will let you play what you want. They are out there. Not all commanders demand comp groups.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Odinens.5920" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Odinens.5920" said:

>

> >

> > As you know based on your post, there are some that will not be flexible enough to adjust their play for the commander.

> >

> > That is why, this type of player, is denied the opportunity to be in the squad.

> >

> > Once a player has set a pattern of behavior, commanders learn. They begin to realize that a particular player would not be helpful.

> >

> > So, they are denied a spot in the squad.

> >

> > Again, by the commanders choice.

> >

> > Fortunately there are 3 other maps, or, if someone is that bothered, they can move to another server, though that would be drastic.

> >

> > To expect the people in the squad to have a group mentality is understandable. Just like a 'raid' comp, there is a workable squad comp for a WvW commander.

> >

> > If you cannot provide that class, then you need to run beside, find another commander, or buy a tag and do it yourself.

>

> Which is why I said find the commander that will let you play what you want. They are out there. Not all commanders demand comp groups.

Yeah, honestly, I quoted your post more for others. I knew based on yours, you understood.

Many in here don't. (Or do and choose to ignore it.

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Then don't play those classes or don't join their squad.

> > > > > > > > > > Why are you acting so self-entitled?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > What are you supposed to do when they monopolize the only maps with enemy zergs in them?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You can still follow the commander... it's not like they have the power to kick u off the map. I'm all for inclusion, fairness and kindness blah blah blah. But there is a legit reason why they don't want rangers and thieves, those classes don't provide any boons for the squad.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'm the type of person to play any class i want in wvw... so i accept that fact, why can't others? Stop labelling everything as "toxic" and "abusive"... when things don't go the way you want.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Oh so we should have to compromise and not get the benefits of a squad because a commander tagged up and is being exclusionary, when they should be leading everyone. I'm very convinced now that if Anet had decided to make it so that squads were forced open in wvw from day one (like I suggest), that you would all be advocating that, that's the way it should be instead of what it is now.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So now you are being selfish because you just want boons and party support, but not give any out yourself.

> > > > >

> > > > > Lol how do you know I don't give out boons?

> > > >

> > > > What class/classes do you play in wvw?

> > >

> > > I guess I proved my point.

> >

> > Not really, since you didn't say which classes you play.

>

> Oh well certainly not any classes that give any buffs right? You should know.

Ok, I don't know if you do or don't, since you can't answer a simple question of "what classes do you play in WVW?"

You have the RIGHT to play any class, any way you want. If a commander doesn't want you in the squad, don't join the squad, but a commander does NOT have the Right to tell you that you can't run alongside of the squad he or she is running. If the commander or others get abusive about it, just block them and keep on playing. Enjoy the game YOUR WAY!

As for getting "yelled" at at any time -- The most remarkable thing about GW2 is the unlimited block list.

> @"Mil.3562" said:

> > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > If a Commander is running a squad, they do have the right to tell people to switch to a different class; it's their tag and their squad, so they get to make the rules, as long as they're not verbally harassing anyone. However, the other players also have a right to not play in that Commander's squad and either join a new squad or just run along with the squad, without actually being IN the squad. No "technical solution" is needed here.

>

> The problem is if you don't join their squads, many commanders (not all) make it a point to deter you from running with them, like announcing map jump in squad chat or they run tagless and will let you run with them only if you join their squads. Of late, there are more and more commanders doing this.

>

> But, honestly I cannot see the logic behind this. Why would a leader prefer only a squad of 20 members to the same team of 20 members plus another 10 to 15 players tagging along? Only bad or/and petty commanders, I guess. I remember when I first join my server, most commanders will link their next WPs jump on map chat and they more than welcome you to run along with them out of squad. But not lately. I think this is why nowadays it is rare to see a decent zerg size and the only big and formidable zerg I see is on the enemy sides.

>

> I hope WvW will not get to the stage where many selfish 'elitist' raids/dungeons party leaders only care for themselves and winning, and totally forget about the community and the fun part of gaming.

You're taking a tower; the enemy is coming to defend it. You see about 40 around you so you go down to meet them at the breach.

Except there's only 23 on you, because the other 17 idiots are semi-afk poking at the lord. In reality, nearly half your group is not really with your squad and is fact, a potential liability. If you can only rely on 23 people anyways, why bother? Sure, a savvy commander will just go into the Lord room because he/she knows those people are going to do that anyways, in which case the situation only marginally improves.

Another example is any form of push that requires timing like waiting for a veil, fakeouts. With 0 coordination from the leroys, their existence is a negative. And most commanders will be using comms so that's why the jumps are not noted.

Now, I don't disagree that there are bad commanders/guilds that do mean stuff like fake WP links to empty out the map so they can get their crappy guild of 70 people all on the map, be deluded into thinking they're a dictator, or just blaming everyone else for their losses. But these are generally the minority, and honestly, why would you follow such a squad anyways? It'll be a toxic atmosphere at best and will even get worse should they start wiping. (They probably will)

I'd like to say that Anet has already made the game far more pug friendly with the 1 death = 1 rally rule so rallybots are simply not an issue once it becomes 20 vs 20 or more so a lot of people are just spewing hot air. But yea, problem on both sides.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Odinens.5920" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Odinens.5920" said:

> >

> > >

> >

> > Which is why I said find the commander that will let you play what you want. They are out there. Not all commanders demand comp groups.

>

> Yeah, honestly, I quoted your post more for others. I knew based on yours, you understood.

>

> Many in here don't. (Or do and choose to ignore it.

>

>

Gotcha. A little misunderstanding on my part.

> @"Odinens.5920" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Odinens.5920" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @"Odinens.5920" said:

> > >

> > > >

>

> > >

> > > Which is why I said find the commander that will let you play what you want. They are out there. Not all commanders demand comp groups.

> >

> > Yeah, honestly, I quoted your post more for others. I knew based on yours, you understood.

> >

> > Many in here don't. (Or do and choose to ignore it.

> >

> >

> Gotcha. A little misunderstanding on my part.

>

:smile: I've done much worse.

> @"Continium.3854" said:

> If you're running with 10 ranger, 10 scourges, 10 revs, 5 guardians, 2 spellbreakers, 8 holosmiths and Idk 5 dragonhunters vs 20 scourges, 15 revs, 10 firebrands, 5 eles, 5 spellbreakers, the first squad is 9/10 times going to get stomped over and over and over again. The second squad has so much more ranged pressure, bubbles, stability, healing, aoe damage.

> Why would I want 10 rangers, 8 holosmiths and 5 dragonhunters in my squad when the enemy has a much better composition? I wouldn't. I want to win. I want to play with the classes that will give me and my players the highest chance to win. 2 or 3 Rangers? Sure why not. 1 or 2 holos for some cheeky stomps? Why not.

> In reality, every class is useful, if you can play it the way it's needed to be played, but there are classes that just offer MUCH more in respects to the SQUAD.

> WvW is about teamplay. It's about playing the most optimal builds and classes to beat the other team.

As a Ranger I have to agree with this (mostly).

There are a number classes that aren't really needed in a squad but you're always going to have them in the map, specially roaming classes like ranger/thief who probably spend a fair amount of time doing spadework like checking contested towers/dolly running/camp capping etc. If they are running with the zerg then they should prolly be in their own range squad and not clogging up the com group.

The only disagreement I have with the whole situation is the occasional com - as happened on Deso/WSR last week - who kicked what he considered non zerg classes when the squad was 21/50 on a non full map. That shit is just stupid....get them all in squad, get them in Ts and then weed them off as the squad fills.

> > @"Asltok.4327" said:

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > > If a Commander is running a squad, they do have the right to tell people to switch to a different class; it's their tag and their squad, so they get to make the rules, as long as they're not verbally harassing anyone. However, the other players also have a right to not play in that Commander's squad and either join a new squad or just run along with the squad, without actually being IN the squad. No "technical solution" is needed here.

> > > >

> > > > But where do you draw the line, your saying they have the right to not let certain classes in, can also exclude people they don't like? Can also exclude people of certain religions or ethnicity too? Oh now it's against tos. Hard to know how or why people are excluded. I think that in wvw if your tagged up, anyone from your server can join,unless it's a guild group comprised 100% of guild members.

> > >

> > > > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > > If a Commander is running a squad, they do have the right to tell people to switch to a different class; it's their tag and their squad, so they get to make the rules, as long as they're not verbally harassing anyone. However, the other players also have a right to not play in that Commander's squad and either join a new squad or just run along with the squad, without actually being IN the squad. No "technical solution" is needed here.

> > > >

> > > > But where do you draw the line, your saying they have the right to not let certain classes in, can also exclude people they don't like? Can also exclude people of certain religions or ethnicity too? Oh now it's against tos. Hard to know how or why people are excluded. I think that in wvw if your tagged up, anyone from your server can join,unless it's a guild group comprised 100% of guild members.

> > >

> > > Why are people attempting to join a squad in wvw bringing up their ethnicity and religion?

> >

> > They aren't, he just had to use an outrageous and extreme example to make his point look better.

> >

> > Here's what it is. If I don't want to play a video game with you, I won't. If I'm a leader of a group, I will reserve my right to pick who I want in my group. If I don't want certain classes, then I'm not taking them. This isn't some kindergarten inclusion zone. It's not my problem you chose to play the game in a way I deem ineffective, and I won't hamper my own time and enjoyment just to cater to you. And if it ever comes to extremes like that? It's still a video game that I use my time and money to enjoy, and if I don't want to play with you for whatever reason, I will make my own group with it's own requirements, because my time is mine alone, and I choose how to spend it.

>

> I feel like you should only be able to scrutinize if you have a 100% guild squad, as soon as you take in a pug, I don't feel like you should be able to exclude for any reason.

You do not have the right to someone else's fun/labor/money/time. In GW2 or in life. The moment you figure that out, you can live a better life and play a better game. Having said that, you could also start your own group and bring whoever YOU want.

> @"Avelione.6075" said:

> It's been bugging me for a while now. GW2 is a social game but do commanders have right to tell people which profession should they play?? I'm a semi-casual player though many times I get pretty good in WvW and PvP.

> And in WvW some of the commanders just straightforward tell you that they don't want this and that class. Which I think is unfair because from my point of view is like... I paid for/chose this game and I play as I please. I'd rather look for a different commander than play with someone who tells me which character I should play. I'm "lucky" enough that I have all the professions playable (but 4-5 of them are my mains). What about people who have no such profession?? It sucks!

>

> If a commander wishes to have only certain professions in his/hers squad, he/she should organize a squad from their guild/friends, etc that would go for their rules.

> THIS IS A THING THAT REALLY NEEDS SOME KIND OF TECHNICAL SOLUTION!!

>

> (Or commanders stop being so picky ;p)

A few things did you buy those Commanders there tags? No? Then they can make their squads however they like and play however they like, trying to make t so that they are forced to play with others and in a way that they do not want to is a horrible thing to try to do when those players are the ones that put in the effort to get Their Tag and can spend their time however they choose.

> @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Then don't play those classes or don't join their squad.

> > > > > > > > > > > Why are you acting so self-entitled?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > What are you supposed to do when they monopolize the only maps with enemy zergs in them?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You can still follow the commander... it's not like they have the power to kick u off the map. I'm all for inclusion, fairness and kindness blah blah blah. But there is a legit reason why they don't want rangers and thieves, those classes don't provide any boons for the squad.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I'm the type of person to play any class i want in wvw... so i accept that fact, why can't others? Stop labelling everything as "toxic" and "abusive"... when things don't go the way you want.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Oh so we should have to compromise and not get the benefits of a squad because a commander tagged up and is being exclusionary, when they should be leading everyone. I'm very convinced now that if Anet had decided to make it so that squads were forced open in wvw from day one (like I suggest), that you would all be advocating that, that's the way it should be instead of what it is now.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So now you are being selfish because you just want boons and party support, but not give any out yourself.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Lol how do you know I don't give out boons?

> > > > >

> > > > > What class/classes do you play in wvw?

> > > >

> > > > I guess I proved my point.

> > >

> > > Not really, since you didn't say which classes you play.

> >

> > Oh well certainly not any classes that give any buffs right? You should know.

>

> Ok, I don't know if you do or don't, since you can't answer a simple question of "what classes do you play in WVW?"

Well your the one who said I don't give out any buffs lol

> @"Martimus.6027" said:

> > > @"Asltok.4327" said:

> > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > > > If a Commander is running a squad, they do have the right to tell people to switch to a different class; it's their tag and their squad, so they get to make the rules, as long as they're not verbally harassing anyone. However, the other players also have a right to not play in that Commander's squad and either join a new squad or just run along with the squad, without actually being IN the squad. No "technical solution" is needed here.

> > > > >

> > > > > But where do you draw the line, your saying they have the right to not let certain classes in, can also exclude people they don't like? Can also exclude people of certain religions or ethnicity too? Oh now it's against tos. Hard to know how or why people are excluded. I think that in wvw if your tagged up, anyone from your server can join,unless it's a guild group comprised 100% of guild members.

> > > >

> > > > > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > > > If a Commander is running a squad, they do have the right to tell people to switch to a different class; it's their tag and their squad, so they get to make the rules, as long as they're not verbally harassing anyone. However, the other players also have a right to not play in that Commander's squad and either join a new squad or just run along with the squad, without actually being IN the squad. No "technical solution" is needed here.

> > > > >

> > > > > But where do you draw the line, your saying they have the right to not let certain classes in, can also exclude people they don't like? Can also exclude people of certain religions or ethnicity too? Oh now it's against tos. Hard to know how or why people are excluded. I think that in wvw if your tagged up, anyone from your server can join,unless it's a guild group comprised 100% of guild members.

> > > >

> > > > Why are people attempting to join a squad in wvw bringing up their ethnicity and religion?

> > >

> > > They aren't, he just had to use an outrageous and extreme example to make his point look better.

> > >

> > > Here's what it is. If I don't want to play a video game with you, I won't. If I'm a leader of a group, I will reserve my right to pick who I want in my group. If I don't want certain classes, then I'm not taking them. This isn't some kindergarten inclusion zone. It's not my problem you chose to play the game in a way I deem ineffective, and I won't hamper my own time and enjoyment just to cater to you. And if it ever comes to extremes like that? It's still a video game that I use my time and money to enjoy, and if I don't want to play with you for whatever reason, I will make my own group with it's own requirements, because my time is mine alone, and I choose how to spend it.

> >

> > I feel like you should only be able to scrutinize if you have a 100% guild squad, as soon as you take in a pug, I don't feel like you should be able to exclude for any reason.

>

> You do not have the right to someone else's fun/labor/money/time. In GW2 or in life. The moment you figure that out, you can live a better life and play a better game. Having said that, you could also start your own group and bring whoever YOU want.

The commander is the leader in an open play area, he should have the responsibility to adapt and incorporate everyone on the map, he's the leader, if he doesn't want to be leader then he shouldn't tag up. It's like saying I'm the leader of a country but I just exclude people out of the country and they can fend for themselves if I don't like them. Sorry It's not up to individuals to conform to leaders, it should be the other way around in open play areas.

> The commander is the leader in an open play area, he should have the responsibility to adapt and incorporate everyone on the map, he's the leader, if he doesn't want to be leader then he shouldn't tag up. It's like saying I'm the leader of a country but I just exclude people out of the country and they can fend for themselves of they don't like it. Sorry It's not up to individuals to conform to leaders, it should be the other way around in open play areas.

Why don't you prove you're a better leader by getting a tag and conforming to everyone on the map? :)

> > @"Martimus.6027" said:

> > > > @"Asltok.4327" said:

> > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > > > > If a Commander is running a squad, they do have the right to tell people to switch to a different class; it's their tag and their squad, so they get to make the rules, as long as they're not verbally harassing anyone. However, the other players also have a right to not play in that Commander's squad and either join a new squad or just run along with the squad, without actually being IN the squad. No "technical solution" is needed here.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But where do you draw the line, your saying they have the right to not let certain classes in, can also exclude people they don't like? Can also exclude people of certain religions or ethnicity too? Oh now it's against tos. Hard to know how or why people are excluded. I think that in wvw if your tagged up, anyone from your server can join,unless it's a guild group comprised 100% of guild members.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > > > > > If a Commander is running a squad, they do have the right to tell people to switch to a different class; it's their tag and their squad, so they get to make the rules, as long as they're not verbally harassing anyone. However, the other players also have a right to not play in that Commander's squad and either join a new squad or just run along with the squad, without actually being IN the squad. No "technical solution" is needed here.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But where do you draw the line, your saying they have the right to not let certain classes in, can also exclude people they don't like? Can also exclude people of certain religions or ethnicity too? Oh now it's against tos. Hard to know how or why people are excluded. I think that in wvw if your tagged up, anyone from your server can join,unless it's a guild group comprised 100% of guild members.

> > > > >

> > > > > Why are people attempting to join a squad in wvw bringing up their ethnicity and religion?

> > > >

> > > > They aren't, he just had to use an outrageous and extreme example to make his point look better.

> > > >

> > > > Here's what it is. If I don't want to play a video game with you, I won't. If I'm a leader of a group, I will reserve my right to pick who I want in my group. If I don't want certain classes, then I'm not taking them. This isn't some kindergarten inclusion zone. It's not my problem you chose to play the game in a way I deem ineffective, and I won't hamper my own time and enjoyment just to cater to you. And if it ever comes to extremes like that? It's still a video game that I use my time and money to enjoy, and if I don't want to play with you for whatever reason, I will make my own group with it's own requirements, because my time is mine alone, and I choose how to spend it.

> > >

> > > I feel like you should only be able to scrutinize if you have a 100% guild squad, as soon as you take in a pug, I don't feel like you should be able to exclude for any reason.

> >

> > You do not have the right to someone else's fun/labor/money/time. In GW2 or in life. The moment you figure that out, you can live a better life and play a better game. Having said that, you could also start your own group and bring whoever YOU want.

>

> The commander is the leader in an open play area, he should have the responsibility to adapt and incorporate everyone on the map, he's the leader, if he doesn't want to be leader then he shouldn't tag up. It's like saying I'm the leader of a country but I just exclude people out of the country and they can fend for themselves if I don't like them. Sorry It's not up to individuals to conform to leaders, it should be the other way around in open play areas.

Only, it's not like that at all, since this is a game and everything you do in it is totally optional....What a ridiculous comparison.

You really are just trying to make your happiness someone else's responsibility. Not a healthy mindset to be in.

> > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Then don't play those classes or don't join their squad.

> > > > > > > > > > > > Why are you acting so self-entitled?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > What are you supposed to do when they monopolize the only maps with enemy zergs in them?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You can still follow the commander... it's not like they have the power to kick u off the map. I'm all for inclusion, fairness and kindness blah blah blah. But there is a legit reason why they don't want rangers and thieves, those classes don't provide any boons for the squad.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I'm the type of person to play any class i want in wvw... so i accept that fact, why can't others? Stop labelling everything as "toxic" and "abusive"... when things don't go the way you want.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Oh so we should have to compromise and not get the benefits of a squad because a commander tagged up and is being exclusionary, when they should be leading everyone. I'm very convinced now that if Anet had decided to make it so that squads were forced open in wvw from day one (like I suggest), that you would all be advocating that, that's the way it should be instead of what it is now.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So now you are being selfish because you just want boons and party support, but not give any out yourself.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Lol how do you know I don't give out boons?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What class/classes do you play in wvw?

> > > > >

> > > > > I guess I proved my point.

> > > >

> > > > Not really, since you didn't say which classes you play.

> > >

> > > Oh well certainly not any classes that give any buffs right? You should know.

> >

> > Ok, I don't know if you do or don't, since you can't answer a simple question of "what classes do you play in WVW?"

>

> Well your the one who said I don't give out any buffs lol

Just answer the question for ducks sake.

If you give out boons-support for the squad, you are accepted.

If you don't, you better go roaming. That's it.

I think you're just trolling people at this point.

> > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > If a Commander is running a squad, they do have the right to tell people to switch to a different class; it's their tag and their squad, so they get to make the rules, as long as they're not verbally harassing anyone. However, the other players also have a right to not play in that Commander's squad and either join a new squad or just run along with the squad, without actually being IN the squad. No "technical solution" is needed here.

>

> But where do you draw the line, your saying they have the right to not let certain classes in, can also exclude people they don't like? Can also exclude people of certain religions or ethnicity too? Oh now it's against tos. Hard to know how or why people are excluded. I think that in wvw if your tagged up, anyone from your server can join,unless it's a guild group comprised 100% of guild members.

Freedom of association. You can exclude anyone from your group you don't want for ANY reason. End of story and there is nothing about it against the TOS. In the same vain, you don't have to join anyone for whatever reason you may have.

> @"Imperadordf.2687" said:

> > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Then don't play those classes or don't join their squad.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Why are you acting so self-entitled?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > What are you supposed to do when they monopolize the only maps with enemy zergs in them?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > You can still follow the commander... it's not like they have the power to kick u off the map. I'm all for inclusion, fairness and kindness blah blah blah. But there is a legit reason why they don't want rangers and thieves, those classes don't provide any boons for the squad.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I'm the type of person to play any class i want in wvw... so i accept that fact, why can't others? Stop labelling everything as "toxic" and "abusive"... when things don't go the way you want.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Oh so we should have to compromise and not get the benefits of a squad because a commander tagged up and is being exclusionary, when they should be leading everyone. I'm very convinced now that if Anet had decided to make it so that squads were forced open in wvw from day one (like I suggest), that you would all be advocating that, that's the way it should be instead of what it is now.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > So now you are being selfish because you just want boons and party support, but not give any out yourself.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Lol how do you know I don't give out boons?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > What class/classes do you play in wvw?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I guess I proved my point.

> > > > >

> > > > > Not really, since you didn't say which classes you play.

> > > >

> > > > Oh well certainly not any classes that give any buffs right? You should know.

> > >

> > > Ok, I don't know if you do or don't, since you can't answer a simple question of "what classes do you play in WVW?"

> >

> > Well your the one who said I don't give out any buffs lol

>

> Just answer the question for ducks sake.

>

> If you give out boons-support for the squad, you are accepted.

> If you don't, you better go roaming. That's it.

>

> I think you're just trolling people at this point.

Yea, I really think he is. Doesn't answer the question that has been asked multiple times, just deflect, deflect, deflect.

> @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > @"Imperadordf.2687" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Then don't play those classes or don't join their squad.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Why are you acting so self-entitled?

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > What are you supposed to do when they monopolize the only maps with enemy zergs in them?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > You can still follow the commander... it's not like they have the power to kick u off the map. I'm all for inclusion, fairness and kindness blah blah blah. But there is a legit reason why they don't want rangers and thieves, those classes don't provide any boons for the squad.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > I'm the type of person to play any class i want in wvw... so i accept that fact, why can't others? Stop labelling everything as "toxic" and "abusive"... when things don't go the way you want.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Oh so we should have to compromise and not get the benefits of a squad because a commander tagged up and is being exclusionary, when they should be leading everyone. I'm very convinced now that if Anet had decided to make it so that squads were forced open in wvw from day one (like I suggest), that you would all be advocating that, that's the way it should be instead of what it is now.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > So now you are being selfish because you just want boons and party support, but not give any out yourself.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Lol how do you know I don't give out boons?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > What class/classes do you play in wvw?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I guess I proved my point.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Not really, since you didn't say which classes you play.

> > > > >

> > > > > Oh well certainly not any classes that give any buffs right? You should know.

> > > >

> > > > Ok, I don't know if you do or don't, since you can't answer a simple question of "what classes do you play in WVW?"

> > >

> > > Well your the one who said I don't give out any buffs lol

> >

> > Just answer the question for ducks sake.

> >

> > If you give out boons-support for the squad, you are accepted.

> > If you don't, you better go roaming. That's it.

> >

> > I think you're just trolling people at this point.

>

> Yea, I really think he is. Doesn't answer the question that has been asked multiple times, just deflect, deflect, deflect.

Speaking of deflection... demanding a specific answer to an irrelevant question and then trying to make the topic about said lack of specific answers instead of the real topic at hand springs to mind... =P

Why are people crying about not being included?

If a commander doesn't want you in the squad because your class hurt's their feelings

You

Do NOT

have

to

follow

and/or

join

that

commander.

It's honestly that simple.

No, A-net is not going to force anyone to play with you

No, A-net is not going to make a commander accept you because you have thin skin and cant handle rejection.

If you want to play a ranger,mirage,DD,deadeye, etc.

Play it. No one can force you to change classes.

But don't expect people to manage your enjoyment of the game.

If you expect someone to bend over backwards and manage your enjoyment of this game.

You may be too young to be in this large of a social environment and may need to do some growing up before coming back.

> @"seinka.4823" said:

> > The commander is the leader in an open play area, he should have the responsibility to adapt and incorporate everyone on the map, he's the leader, if he doesn't want to be leader then he shouldn't tag up. It's like saying I'm the leader of a country but I just exclude people out of the country and they can fend for themselves of they don't like it. Sorry It's not up to individuals to conform to leaders, it should be the other way around in open play areas.

>

> Why don't you prove you're a better leader by getting a tag and conforming to everyone on the map? :)

That's pretty easy, I already have a tag, all I have to do is run an open squad and that makes me a better commander.

> > @"seinka.4823" said:

> > > The commander is the leader in an open play area, he should have the responsibility to adapt and incorporate everyone on the map, he's the leader, if he doesn't want to be leader then he shouldn't tag up. It's like saying I'm the leader of a country but I just exclude people out of the country and they can fend for themselves of they don't like it. Sorry It's not up to individuals to conform to leaders, it should be the other way around in open play areas.

> >

> > Why don't you prove you're a better leader by getting a tag and conforming to everyone on the map? :)

>

> That's pretty easy, I already have a tag, all I have to do is run an open squad and that makes me a better commander.

Then do so instead of complaining here. And no, just having a tag and leaving it open does not automatically make you a better commander.