Pvp armor

Tyson.5160

So if you just flat out buying the Mistforged skins, no legendary upgrade it’s 2620 tickets, just for the ascended armor and skin.

The total for upgrading all of the ascended pieces further would be 6570 tickets, almost triple the amount of tickets.

I would say it’s fairly reasonable for them to be upgraded to the flashier skin.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > When they take about pvp armor 1 and 2 what set are they talking. Also they are working on armor set 2.5, have we received any info on what this?

> > > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_armor

> > > > > > 2.5 is going to be new variation of the Ascended glorious sets with some fx treatments. It's still in progress.

> > > > >

> > > > > How come its not for the legendary armor?

> > > >

> > > > "Legendary" skin has a certain connotation to it that we don't want to ascribe to these skins. They aren't going to have similar features. Flashy animations and the like. And while they are being enhanced, they are still going to be very similar to the base Glorious armor.

> > >

> > > Let me make sure I'm reading this right. So the Ascended 2.5 version is going to be similar to the base Glorious armor, and the legendary is going to be flashier and different?

> >

> > My understanding is the legendary component is an upgrade. So it would take the initial appearance of the Ardent Hero or Glorious Hero set. I would imagine this new 2.5 armor can also be used as a precursor as well for the upgrade, perhaps replacing the Glorious Hero. That is my understanding. As in it works just like the wvw legendary upgrade.

>

> This is the current plan.

Is there also a plan if and how the new PVP legendary armor will be obtainable if I already have the current PVP legendary armor? I'm currently working on the legendary set (time gated by pvp league tickets) and wonder whether I shall wait until the improved looks become available. Even though there will be no dedicated pvp legendary skin by itself, I expect it to be an improved version of the current set comparable to the planned new ascended skin?

• 6 months later...

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > When they take about pvp armor 1 and 2 what set are they talking. Also they are working on armor set 2.5, have we received any info on what this?

> > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_armor

> > > > 2.5 is going to be new variation of the Ascended glorious sets with some fx treatments. It's still in progress.

> > >

> > > Thanks Ben, I take it will cost more ascended shards then the current ascended armor sets?

> > >

> >

> > We haven't decided costs quite yet, so hard to say.

>

> Free? :D

>

> _-fingers crossed-_

eyes squeezed shut

tongue slightly out to side

> @"Milan.9035" said:

> do you have to have the Ardent Glorious skin unlocked or just regular to buy the new skin. also is there a ball park eta? like this year or next, or late next year?

>

I’ll link the reddit post that BenP gave details about. This Armor is coming out on Nov 13. Seems you need to unlock the previous tier to make this.

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > @"Dreddo.9865" said:

> > > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > I honestly rather wait for another year or something and get a whole new set of armor than get the same skin with just a simple retexture...Glorious armor never worked for me, dont like the skin...

> >

> > This. You did a whole new set for the PvE legendary armor, you didn't just take the illustrious set and added FX. Why PvP or WvW should be an exception?

>

> Honestly though, if you look at the PvE legendary armor, it looks like the Heavy set was the only one that they put effort into. I think most people don't like the look of the Medium and Light ones. It's honestly embarrassing that the most expensive sets of armor in the game looks like garbage.

I love the light and Medium, my issue is that no one wants a first time raider with them... And PvE players think this community is toxic lol

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Milan.9035" said:

> > do you have to have the Ardent Glorious skin unlocked or just regular to buy the new skin. also is there a ball park eta? like this year or next, or late next year?

> >

> I’ll link the reddit post that BenP gave details about. This Armor is coming out on Nov 13. Seems you need to unlock the previous tier to make this.

>

>

awesome ty. its a shame they didnt change it much, looks really bad on charr, especially medium

> @"Milan.9035" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"Milan.9035" said:

> > > do you have to have the Ardent Glorious skin unlocked or just regular to buy the new skin. also is there a ball park eta? like this year or next, or late next year?

> > >

> > I’ll link the reddit post that BenP gave details about. This Armor is coming out on Nov 13. Seems you need to unlock the previous tier to make this.

> >

> >

>

> awesome ty. its a shame they didnt change it much, looks really bad on charr, especially medium

>

Looks like it has some glowy pieces, where the glow is dye able. Apparently there is a combat effect too.

Just shows Anet don’t care about pvp because little people play it but don’t release little people play it because Anet don’t care about pvp.. just pvp only skins from doing pvp is not asking for much and class titles class leader boards and they other little adds without an expansion is all they need to do to bring people back to pvp

> @"Gamble.4580" said:

> Just shows Anet don’t care about pvp because little people play it but don’t release little people play it because Anet don’t care about pvp.. just pvp only skins from doing pvp is not asking for much and class titles class leader boards and they other little adds without an expansion is all they need to do to bring people back to pvp

I’ll come back and do some pvp to get this armor set for sure.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > So I had a view at the new Mistforged Glorious Armor sets and I think they look great. Combat effect is similar to WvW, yet different.

>

> Have you got a Pic?

>

> I was hoping for a different combat effect to WvW.

I haven’t purchase it, but I’ll send the reddit link that has a gif.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > So I had a view at the new Mistforged Glorious Armor sets and I think they look great. Combat effect is similar to WvW, yet different.

> >

> > Have you got a Pic?

> >

> > I was hoping for a different combat effect to WvW.

>

>

So the same but slightly different, looks a little denser.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > So I had a view at the new Mistforged Glorious Armor sets and I think they look great. Combat effect is similar to WvW, yet different.

> > >

> > > Have you got a Pic?

> > >

> > > I was hoping for a different combat effect to WvW.

> >

> >

>

> Thanks :+1:

>

> So the same but slightly different, looks a little denser.

Has more dye channels too.