Pvp armor

Tyson.5160

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > When they take about pvp armor 1 and 2 what set are they talking. Also they are working on armor set 2.5, have we received any info on what this?

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_armor

> 2.5 is going to be new variation of the Ascended glorious sets with some fx treatments. It's still in progress.

that is very good news.... i probably have to start playing pvp now ........... :P will this be new currency or existing currency will be required?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > When they take about pvp armor 1 and 2 what set are they talking. Also they are working on armor set 2.5, have we received any info on what this?

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_armor

> > 2.5 is going to be new variation of the Ascended glorious sets with some fx treatments. It's still in progress.

>

> that is very good news.... i probably have to start playing pvp now ........... :P will this be new currency or existing currency will be required?

I imagine it will be ascended shards but double the price then the regular set.

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > When they take about pvp armor 1 and 2 what set are they talking. Also they are working on armor set 2.5, have we received any info on what this?

> > 2.5 is going to be new variation of the Ascended glorious sets with some fx treatments. It's still in progress.

>

> that is very good news.... i probably have to start playing pvp now ........... :P will this be new currency or existing currency will be required?

Mind you, Ben advised that they haven’t decided on cost. I also wonder if it’s going to be locked by rank as well. Maybe Rank 80?

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

>

> > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > When they take about pvp armor 1 and 2 what set are they talking. Also they are working on armor set 2.5, have we received any info on what this?

> > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_armor

> > > 2.5 is going to be new variation of the Ascended glorious sets with some fx treatments. It's still in progress.

> >

> > that is very good news.... i probably have to start playing pvp now ........... :P will this be new currency or existing currency will be required?

>

> Mind you, Ben advised that they haven’t decided on cost. I also wonder if it’s going to be locked by rank as well. Maybe Rank 80?

Well, if its gonna be like Triumphant T3, yeah its gonna be locked behind rank...just wonder if they gonna lock it behind 80 Dragon or something higher since now we dont really have a cap...I mean, WvW to get the full set is rank 2000...thats a lot lol

> @"AegisFLCL.7623" said:

> It will look terrible (especially medium armor), and a week and a half later they'll pump out another nice set of BL weapons and some silly outfit. What a surprise.

I’ll reserve judgement until the FX are known and decide if it’s worth my time. My prediction? Release during the summer.

> @"AegisFLCL.7623" said:

> It will look terrible (especially medium armor), and a week and a half later they'll pump out another nice set of BL weapons and some silly outfit. What a surprise.

Could be worse, it could’ve been a trench coat skin...

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > When they take about pvp armor 1 and 2 what set are they talking. Also they are working on armor set 2.5, have we received any info on what this?

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_armor

> 2.5 is going to be new variation of the Ascended glorious sets with some fx treatments. It's still in progress.

How come its not for the legendary armor?

> @"zealex.9410" said:

>

> How come its not for the legendary armor?

Probably to make it more accessible. It's nice if someone new to pvp can get to that level in the near future, rather than in 6+ months of grind. It's just a skin after all and probably won't be the same level as _Perfected Envoy_ in terms of animation.

My guess is that there could be a rank limit on this "new" set or perhaps even an additional currency introduced so that vet players would have to put some time in before acquiring it.

Anything could happen - it's great to hear they are working on additional pvp skins (inb4 chess set theme).

> @"MarshallLaw.9260" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > When they take about pvp armor 1 and 2 what set are they talking. Also they are working on armor set 2.5, have we received any info on what this?

> > > 2.5 is going to be new variation of the Ascended glorious sets with some fx treatments. It's still in progress.

> >

> > How come its not for the legendary armor?

>

> Probably to make it more accessible. It's nice if someone new to pvp can get to that level in the near future, rather than in 6+ months of grind. It's just a skin after all and probably won't be the same level as _Perfected Envoy_ in terms of animation.

> My guess is that there could be a rank limit on this "new" set or perhaps even an additional currency introduced so that vet players would have to put some time in before acquiring it.

> Anything could happen - it's great to hear they are working on additional pvp skins (inb4 chess set theme).

They could end up adding League tickets in part of the cost as well.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"zealex.9410" said:

>

> How come its not for the legendary armor?

"Legendary" skin has a certain connotation to it that we don't want to ascribe to these skins. They aren't going to have similar features. Flashy animations and the like. And while they are being enhanced, they are still going to be very similar to the base Glorious armor.

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> >

>

> "Legendary" skin has a certain connotation to it that we don't want to ascribe to these skins. They aren't going to have similar features. Flashy animations and the like. And while they are being enhanced, they are still going to be very similar to the base Glorious armor.

I would just be happy with the effect of entering combat and the graphic effect appears, like the pve Legendary Armor, (not the transforming part) or something similar to the Sumblime Mistforged Triumphant armor.

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> >

>

> "Legendary" skin has a certain connotation to it that we don't want to ascribe to these skins. They aren't going to have similar features. Flashy animations and the like. And while they are being enhanced, they are still going to be very similar to the base Glorious armor.

Let me make sure I'm reading this right. So the Ascended 2.5 version is going to be similar to the base Glorious armor, and the legendary is going to be flashier and different?

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > When they take about pvp armor 1 and 2 what set are they talking. Also they are working on armor set 2.5, have we received any info on what this?

> > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_armor

> > > > 2.5 is going to be new variation of the Ascended glorious sets with some fx treatments. It's still in progress.

> > >

> > > How come its not for the legendary armor?

> >

> > "Legendary" skin has a certain connotation to it that we don't want to ascribe to these skins. They aren't going to have similar features. Flashy animations and the like. And while they are being enhanced, they are still going to be very similar to the base Glorious armor.

>

> Let me make sure I'm reading this right. So the Ascended 2.5 version is going to be similar to the base Glorious armor, and the legendary is going to be flashier and different?

My understanding is the legendary component is an upgrade. So it would take the initial appearance of the Ardent Hero or Glorious Hero set. I would imagine this new 2.5 armor can also be used as a precursor as well for the upgrade, perhaps replacing the Glorious Hero. That is my understanding. As in it works just like the wvw legendary upgrade.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > When they take about pvp armor 1 and 2 what set are they talking. Also they are working on armor set 2.5, have we received any info on what this?

> > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_armor

> > > > > 2.5 is going to be new variation of the Ascended glorious sets with some fx treatments. It's still in progress.

> > > >

> > > > How come its not for the legendary armor?

> > >

> > > "Legendary" skin has a certain connotation to it that we don't want to ascribe to these skins. They aren't going to have similar features. Flashy animations and the like. And while they are being enhanced, they are still going to be very similar to the base Glorious armor.

> >

> > Let me make sure I'm reading this right. So the Ascended 2.5 version is going to be similar to the base Glorious armor, and the legendary is going to be flashier and different?

>

> My understanding is the legendary component is an upgrade. So it would take the initial appearance of the Ardent Hero or Glorious Hero set. I would imagine this new 2.5 armor can also be used as a precursor as well for the upgrade, perhaps replacing the Glorious Hero. That is my understanding. As in it works just like the wvw legendary upgrade.

Yea but it kinda sounds like legendary armor is going to get it's own look eventually?

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > When they take about pvp armor 1 and 2 what set are they talking. Also they are working on armor set 2.5, have we received any info on what this?

> > > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_armor

> > > > > > 2.5 is going to be new variation of the Ascended glorious sets with some fx treatments. It's still in progress.

> > > > >

> > > > > How come its not for the legendary armor?

> > > >

> > > > "Legendary" skin has a certain connotation to it that we don't want to ascribe to these skins. They aren't going to have similar features. Flashy animations and the like. And while they are being enhanced, they are still going to be very similar to the base Glorious armor.

> > >

> > > Let me make sure I'm reading this right. So the Ascended 2.5 version is going to be similar to the base Glorious armor, and the legendary is going to be flashier and different?

> >

> > My understanding is the legendary component is an upgrade. So it would take the initial appearance of the Ardent Hero or Glorious Hero set. I would imagine this new 2.5 armor can also be used as a precursor as well for the upgrade, perhaps replacing the Glorious Hero. That is my understanding. As in it works just like the wvw legendary upgrade.

>

> Yea but it kinda sounds like legendary armor is going to get it's own look eventually?

Don’t think so, however, Ben would have to confirm that, not me.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> I would just be happy with the effect of entering combat and the graphic effect appears, like the pve Legendary Armor, (not the transforming part) or something similar to the Sumblime Mistforged Triumphant armor.

In terms of particle effects there's outfits and some armor pieces that put the PvE legendary armors to shame, and not to mention that in terms of dyes aplication the Envoy armors are just thrash.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > When they take about pvp armor 1 and 2 what set are they talking. Also they are working on armor set 2.5, have we received any info on what this?

> > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_armor

> > > > > 2.5 is going to be new variation of the Ascended glorious sets with some fx treatments. It's still in progress.

> > > >

> > > > How come its not for the legendary armor?

> > >

> > > "Legendary" skin has a certain connotation to it that we don't want to ascribe to these skins. They aren't going to have similar features. Flashy animations and the like. And while they are being enhanced, they are still going to be very similar to the base Glorious armor.

> >

> > Let me make sure I'm reading this right. So the Ascended 2.5 version is going to be similar to the base Glorious armor, and the legendary is going to be flashier and different?

>

> My understanding is the legendary component is an upgrade. So it would take the initial appearance of the Ardent Hero or Glorious Hero set. I would imagine this new 2.5 armor can also be used as a precursor as well for the upgrade, perhaps replacing the Glorious Hero. That is my understanding. As in it works just like the wvw legendary upgrade.

This is the current plan.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > > When they take about pvp armor 1 and 2 what set are they talking. Also they are working on armor set 2.5, have we received any info on what this?

> > > > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_armor

> > > > > > > 2.5 is going to be new variation of the Ascended glorious sets with some fx treatments. It's still in progress.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > How come its not for the legendary armor?

> > > > >

> > > > > "Legendary" skin has a certain connotation to it that we don't want to ascribe to these skins. They aren't going to have similar features. Flashy animations and the like. And while they are being enhanced, they are still going to be very similar to the base Glorious armor.

> > > >

> > > > Let me make sure I'm reading this right. So the Ascended 2.5 version is going to be similar to the base Glorious armor, and the legendary is going to be flashier and different?

> > >

> > > My understanding is the legendary component is an upgrade. So it would take the initial appearance of the Ardent Hero or Glorious Hero set. I would imagine this new 2.5 armor can also be used as a precursor as well for the upgrade, perhaps replacing the Glorious Hero. That is my understanding. As in it works just like the wvw legendary upgrade.

> >

> > Yea but it kinda sounds like legendary armor is going to get it's own look eventually?

>

> Don’t think so, however, Ben would have to confirm that, not me.

No, legendary PvP is not likely to ever get a unique look.

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > > > When they take about pvp armor 1 and 2 what set are they talking. Also they are working on armor set 2.5, have we received any info on what this?

> > > > > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_armor

> > > > > > > > 2.5 is going to be new variation of the Ascended glorious sets with some fx treatments. It's still in progress.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > How come its not for the legendary armor?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "Legendary" skin has a certain connotation to it that we don't want to ascribe to these skins. They aren't going to have similar features. Flashy animations and the like. And while they are being enhanced, they are still going to be very similar to the base Glorious armor.

> > > > >

> > > > > Let me make sure I'm reading this right. So the Ascended 2.5 version is going to be similar to the base Glorious armor, and the legendary is going to be flashier and different?

> > > >

> > > > My understanding is the legendary component is an upgrade. So it would take the initial appearance of the Ardent Hero or Glorious Hero set. I would imagine this new 2.5 armor can also be used as a precursor as well for the upgrade, perhaps replacing the Glorious Hero. That is my understanding. As in it works just like the wvw legendary upgrade.

> > >

> > > Yea but it kinda sounds like legendary armor is going to get it's own look eventually?

> >

> > Don’t think so, however, Ben would have to confirm that, not me.

>

> No, legendary PvP is not likely to ever get a unique look.

Why does only 1 gamemode's legendary armor have transforming effects while the others are just reskins? At the very least, would it be possible to give Ardent Glorious Armor the appearance of Envoy's?

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > > > When they take about pvp armor 1 and 2 what set are they talking. Also they are working on armor set 2.5, have we received any info on what this?

> > > > > > > > 2.5 is going to be new variation of the Ascended glorious sets with some fx treatments. It's still in progress.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "Legendary" skin has a certain connotation to it that we don't want to ascribe to these skins. They aren't going to have similar features. Flashy animations and the like. And while they are being enhanced, they are still going to be very similar to the base Glorious armor.

> > > > >

> > > > > Let me make sure I'm reading this right. So the Ascended 2.5 version is going to be similar to the base Glorious armor, and the legendary is going to be flashier and different?

> > > >

> > > > My understanding is the legendary component is an upgrade. So it would take the initial appearance of the Ardent Hero or Glorious Hero set. I would imagine this new 2.5 armor can also be used as a precursor as well for the upgrade, perhaps replacing the Glorious Hero. That is my understanding. As in it works just like the wvw legendary upgrade.

> > >

> > > Yea but it kinda sounds like legendary armor is going to get it's own look eventually?

> >

>

It sounds like it's not off the table.

And I think it shouldn't be.

I'd believe that nobody is asking for a super advanced new set of legendary skins that are flashy and are moving around and all that.

At least I'm not.

Personally I'd be satisfied with a skin that just look good and is different from the ascended version.

It would of course be better if it also was fully animated and what not, but I don't think it has to be.

But what happens with this and with things like SAB not being finished is that Guild Wars 2 gets a stigma of not finishing things.

That is a very bad thing for attracting people to the game.

You want to get expansions done and I get that. I want to play new expansions.

However, the main point with the expansions was just that, to have something to show outwards to the rest of the world in order to get new players.

Otherwise, just catering to current players, living story was doing just fine.

So wouldn't it be better then to delay an expansion for just a bit in order to finish things up, such as the rest of the legendary weapons, SAB, making some legendary skins for pvp and wvw armor? That way you can show, "Hey, look what we made for the players! We are a company that finishes things and you can trust us with your money". More happy players getting their friends to play and more wallets opening up for you.

I do think that it was a good idea to release legendary armor upgrades for pvp and wvw before there were skins for them in order to give players something to work towards. But I also think it'd be a very good idea to "finish" the armor up by also giving it its own unique skins.

The skins can even come with a minor additional upgrade step for the skin, which gives another potential sink to the game.

And well.. you have the lessons learnt and the systems in place from the last legendary armor, so it would be a waste to not use the experience and effort.

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

I don't expect a new look, but I already had to refarm a cloth set for my Mesmer to make legendary armor when it was introduced due to stat changing and it losing its precursor mystic forge component.

But by the time this is released many people will have already bought armor and upgraded it to legendary or just held it in the bank until they had the gifts. So if a new set of armor is added with a slight fx upgrade that they have to buy while their legendary armor keeps the old appearance of the one without the fx update, it's yet another grind that many players have to repeat because they didn't anticipate a random new set of the modified armor they already have.

Or am I just confusing myself? Is legendary armor getting the fx upgrades? That's the only thing I'm hoping for.

Given the fiasco that was the raid armor I don't ever expect another set of unique legendary armor, at least in the complexity that that armor is. Like it or hate it, I'm sure it was a nightmare to create.

> @"Krispera.5087" said:

> What ? It's confusing. The people with PvP legendary armor won't get the _new_ skin unlocked ?

I think you would have to buy the skin and just transmute the armor or purchase it then use that as the precursor. Though let me look at all the recipes and see if in total you actually spend more by upgrading the armor.