Fields combos buff

KaporHabakuk.6219

Hello,

Wouldnt it be more interesting,at least for PvE part of game to have increased/buffed combo effects?

At the moment 99% of combos are simply unnoticable while it was a big thing in adverting gw2 when it was about to came out.

I believe it could increase the funn factor in this game when combos would be desirable and rewarding.Like pew pew through poison/fire or whatever or whirl through that dark field etc... .Atm the effects of these are so minimal apart of stealth or heal that noone even bothers with it :(.And in PvE it wouldnt really harm balance,even maybe encourage group play or more skilled combat.

Reminds me of Fellowship abilities (can't recall what they were called) in LOTRO...seemed like a good idea/concept but from what I saw -seldom used or improved upon.

Combo fields are either complete happenstance/luck benefit, no real time to use them in a real tactical way because the DEVS made GW2 combat/fights fast versus the arguably slower paced battles of the original game...a game where interrupts could be developed as a skill and counters had helpful UI representation.

In GW, you could react in a more organic way, in GW2 that is reduced to near zero because dodging the red circles is pretty much the primary focus.

PS I agree that combo fields should get some love.

I would love to see this buffed. When the game was first out you did not have healing/support main classes but as time went on you have all in healing classes that have much better healing effects and support effect that combo fields cant even come close to matching. Combo fields not getting buffed alone side of the over all buffing of effects has held back other classes who where ideally build part of there balancing on the fact that they have more then one or two combo field types.

I would love to see more fields as well and maybe more finisher types. Before that though please buff all the fields/finishers its needed badly.

They would need to be more controllable to be more effective. One reason whirl and projectile combos seem so weak is because they're often uncontrollable.

They might be able to enhance combos and fields by enhancing the system with something...like giving everyone a combo meter that builds up for performing normal combos and then when its full, expend it to perform a single SUPER COMBO which would require someone using their combo meter + a field to start and then someone else using their combo meter + a combo skill...

• 2 weeks later...

I think they could rework it so that the passive and incidental side (fields) just provides brief stacks of combo capability (ley energy orbs or whatever) that work a little like boons, but in six dragon-colored flavors.

The active side (finishers) could be reworked as a separate progression system where you unlock modifiers for certain skills (mostly existing finishers) and slot one for those skills. Those modifers would consume a specific type of LEO and provide a skill-specific bonus (which should provide more flexibility in balancing, though also more work).

It would provide some additional progression on existing skills, introduce more options for build diversity, make combos more intentional, create another avenue for support besides boons, and create room for more orb-related mechanics like energy denial/punishment builds.

I take advantage of combo fields all the time in PvP so I'm not sure where this is coming from.

It would be awesome if you could take advantage of multiple combo fields stacked on top of each other. The combo fields aren't too strong and would promote synergy

They wrecked the Thief's Heartseeker with the camera movement changes, so it is extremely difficult to get 4 leaps through the Black Powder's smoke field now... especially with latency.

So adding an extra second of Stealth to the combo would be nice. I wouldn't refuse more, of course.

I was just reading some other combo criticism from a while back and something I forgot about got me curious.

Do people of GW2 like super moves?

I wasn't thinking about it in the past because I had only recently (like last month recent) got to new max level cap in Blade and Soul and that unlocks this pair of super moves that you can use after charging a special meter. It reminded me of the Incarnate abilities you could unlock and modify in City of Heroes which were basically a pool of super moves. Then in FFXIV, you've got, of course, Limit Breaks which are kind of generic and can only be performed in a party (unless that has changed?) but they are effectively role-based super moves.

GW2 doesn't have super moves. They have elite abilities, but many elite abilities are extremely watered down or situational. Some elites kind of feel like super moves but a lot of them don't.

What do you think? Do you think, maybe a super move feature born from the combo system could be what we're looking for out of combos? Or maybe super moves should just be a different system and we should fix combos? Just a though...

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> I was just reading some other combo criticism from a while back and something I forgot about got me curious.

>

> Do people of GW2 like super moves?

>

> I wasn't thinking about it in the past because I had only recently (like last month recent) got to new max level cap in Blade and Soul and that unlocks this pair of super moves that you can use after charging a special meter. It reminded me of the Incarnate abilities you could unlock and modify in City of Heroes which were basically a pool of super moves. Then in FFXIV, you've got, of course, Limit Breaks which are kind of generic and can only be performed in a party (unless that has changed?) but they are effectively role-based super moves.

>

> GW2 doesn't have super moves. They have elite abilities, but many elite abilities are extremely watered down or situational. Some elites kind of feel like super moves but a lot of them don't.

>

> What do you think? Do you think, maybe a super move feature born from the combo system could be what we're looking for out of combos? Or maybe super moves should just be a different system and we should fix combos? Just a though...

Some already has those. Like warriors adrenaline skills, mesmer shatters, necro deathshroud and druid celestial avatar.

> @"Conscript.3657" said:

> I take advantage of combo fields all the time in PvP so I'm not sure where this is coming from.

>

> It would be awesome if you could take advantage of multiple combo fields stacked on top of each other. The combo fields aren't too strong and would promote synergy

Depends on what you call comboing fields,jumping over smoke field is like the only one apart of engie turret blast and jump over water.Others are mostly random,unnoticed combos.Aswell as you talking about PvP.... .When was it last time you used whirl through light intentionaly to get some cleansing,or dark/fire combos?Frost field?Projectile combos?Dunno what game you playing but 99% combos are unintentional and unnoticed.In PvE it could offer some interesting game play,i believe,if combos in general would be stronger.

In past ppl used to at least combo fire to get aoe might,but nowdays everyone farts might left and right,condies and boons just the same.Buffing combos support/dmg wise will add this lil skill and interesting play!!

So no,leap through smoke aint the kind of combo i wish to be buffed.... .

combo fields were very strong at one point but unnoticeable due to the fact that alot of conditions back then didnt stack. You could drop a fire field and just see the notifiers popping up consistently around you from dozens of other players interacting with the fields.

If the game still ran with the old combo field system in place it would impossibly easy to achive 100+ burn / poison stacks on any major event / boss.

While I think they could make this a thing they likely wont due to the simple fact of how conditions work now. It would drastically tilt the game into a pve condi meta that it would likely never recover from. They would have to rebalances condition application several times over again just to get ti right.

I dont think it would be serious problem,considering you dont really combo that super much,and for example projectile weapons are usually not condie weapons to begin with,and there is also only 20% chance for combo to happen.Other combos are quite rare and on high CDs.In case of world bosses,you wont notice it,i bet :).

I dont raid or do dungeons much to be honest,but again,considering rarity of said combo effects,aint a big thing.

Maybe like reapers whirl through fire would at least make it a huge dps increase,which is a nice mechanic,dont you think?

Opening loads of new possibilities and it would also encourage some classes/utilities to be used.It would be definately much more interesting than what we have now.

> @"sokeenoppa.5384" said:

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > I was just reading some other combo criticism from a while back and something I forgot about got me curious.

> >

> > Do people of GW2 like super moves?

> >

> > I wasn't thinking about it in the past because I had only recently (like last month recent) got to new max level cap in Blade and Soul and that unlocks this pair of super moves that you can use after charging a special meter. It reminded me of the Incarnate abilities you could unlock and modify in City of Heroes which were basically a pool of super moves. Then in FFXIV, you've got, of course, Limit Breaks which are kind of generic and can only be performed in a party (unless that has changed?) but they are effectively role-based super moves.

> >

> > GW2 doesn't have super moves. They have elite abilities, but many elite abilities are extremely watered down or situational. Some elites kind of feel like super moves but a lot of them don't.

> >

> > What do you think? Do you think, maybe a super move feature born from the combo system could be what we're looking for out of combos? Or maybe super moves should just be a different system and we should fix combos? Just a though...

>

> Some already has those. Like warriors adrenaline skills, mesmer shatters, necro deathshroud and druid celestial avatar.

If you're spamming them ever 4-10 seconds, they're not really super moves. More like auto-attacks and in-between attacks.